"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I googled more about it, I don't understand,
I don't think anybody does!

they have so much unreleased music (As far as I understood from the video from the interrogation, for example)
Exactly! Could we have some of that, please? Thanks so much, lol.

Why do they do it? Apparently this question will remain rhetorical. 😂
I suppose the answer is - £££££££££ :) $$$$$$$$$$ - but I can't see how that particular compilation could have generated loads of cash. I didn't notice that it was out - I don't even know what year it came out. It just didn't register with me at the time. Not that I would have bought it. I can't see any reason to own it unless you are a collector or a completist and I am neither.

It's ridiculous.

You know what it's not just the story or the casting that I worry about, I think they'll struggle to recreate the stage design of Michael's short films and live performances.

The scope of his films and tours were huge, and I doubt they Estate will commit the resources necessary to recreate them accurately

It bothers me that we'll see a biopic, that'll probably recreate the Bad Tour, before we see a HQ Bad Tour show.

You know what it's not just the story or the casting that I worry about, I think they'll struggle to recreate the stage design of Michael's short films and live performances.

The scope of his films and tours were huge, and I doubt they Estate will commit the resources necessary to recreate them accurately

It bothers me that we'll see a biopic, that'll probably recreate the Bad Tour, before we see a HQ Bad Tour show.

This may be overly optimistic, but it's my hope that the biopic will create a greater demand/audience for things like a 4k Bad Tour, all the short films being restored, and new music. Obviously we exist so the demand is already there. But I'm thinking they want to use this biopic to propel Michael's reach to the general public, making all future projects more successful.

I've said this elsewhere, but I've seen the musical twice. It is absolutely incredible. However, all it does is make me appreciate how much more incredible Michael himself was. How impossible he is to recreate. I think this is a good thing.

They can make a mix. Excerpts from his real concerts, performances and interviews and an actor to recreate certain scenes/acts of Michael`s life.

They can make a mix. Excerpts from his real concerts, performances and interviews and an actor to recreate certain scenes/acts of Michael`s life.
Very true! I'd love a mix.

I saw the Elvis biopic, which was amazing. And the entire movie they had Austin Butler perform using a mix of his and Elvis' voice. He was great. But they close the film with actual live footage of Elvis performing and it made me SOB. Like the difference was so phenomenal. I just got chills remembering it lol. I went home and immediately watched some live performances of Elvis.

I am excited for the biopic. I watched the Queen biopic and I became a big fan of Queen afterwards. Biopics are a great way of appealing to the younger audience and grabbing their attention.

But I don't think they need to tell the whole Michael Jackson story in one biopic. They need to split it in two parts. The first part should focus on Michael's life from 1958- 1984, and it should end with Michael announcing his departure from the Jacksons, just like he did in real life.

If part one goes well, then then they can make a part two, which focuses on Michael's life from 1985-2009, which was obviously a controversial period of his life.

If they announce a biopic that only shows life up to 1984 I don't think they will draw audiences to the theaters. It's something unfinished.

I keep thinking about how they will show his life. What exactly will be the focus?
It will be difficult for them to fit in detail the whole life in one film. So I guess they just cut something.
And I'm afraid that some moments may be missed or presented in a wrong way. And how will the story go?
But in any case, I'm really looking forward to this film and it will be very good if it is mixed with real recordings.
I think I will enjoy at least just because it's something else about Michael

Nobody is waiting for a two parter. I think they’ll start briefly with the off the wall era, I think the Jacksons era will be neglected

I’m REALLY excited about the biopic, especially if the people who were involved with Bohemian Rhapsody AND John Branca and John McClain, are involved in it!! I know they’ll make sure it’s going to be well made and AWESOME!! And true, I also don’t think you can fit Michael’s WHOLE live and career in one movie! I think if you would, it would stay superficial becsuse you could only scratch the surface and it wouldn’t be ablre to be emotional enough to really make the aufience FEEL the emotions you want to make them feel! So if they concentrate on the erss from Thriller until his death, I think that is much more wise. And tell the story of his afult life. I think thst hasn’t been told yet but there has been things done that included his childhood..including documentaries.

I can’t decide wheather they should include the allegations or not. On one hand I think if they did it right, they could really show how unfairly and gross he was treated and how deeply it affected him and how he suffered from it. Make them see the ridiculing and torture from his point of view, while at the same tome showing what the ACTUAL TRUTH was. Sort of make the general audience see how WRONG they were to believe all the lies and how what they all did and participated in eventually killed Michael. But then on the other hand…it would put even more focus on the allegations and would take away from showing his genius and talent and gentle soul. So I don’t know…..On the other hand, people (the media) most likely are gonna mention the allegations anyways in articles so then you’ll have the allegations being talked about anyways with no TRUTH setting the record straight as the counterpart! And I don’t know if you can really include his death without showing WHY he ciuldn’t sleep and why he was so stressed out and so anxious that he had to be put under at night…I don’t think you can tell the story eithout showing what REALLY killed him! People talk about him like some drug addict when that ciuldn’t be further from the truth. So I think if you they could SHOW people the pain he was put through and peopke were made FEEL what he felt, they ciuld maybe finally understand him better. Not only concentrate on those times, include the happy, awesome stuff too and his genius…but also include the torture to speak to people’s emotions. I think they did an awesome job in Bohemian Rhapsody in making people really feel for Freddy and show the struggles he was going through, both personsl and career wise.

That just gave me an idea on .where the movie could start….!!! MJ and Freddy Mercury recording “There Must Be More To Life” together!! Wasn’t it during the Thriller era?! That way you could sort of tie the two biopics together too (and also get all the Queen fans to come watch it at the movies too 😬) and it would be not only a fun way to start the movie, but it would also show how Michael always had so much love and respect for other artists…AND especially considering how the world is right now, it would have a message of peace and love which could also set the tone for the movie since that was what Michael was all about! And the song could be on the soundtrack and finally get oficially released!! It would make both MJ fans AND Queen fans happy!! 👍🏻😍

As to who could play Michael? I agree that they need to be very careful with casting. In everything I have ever seen done before, it has been some exaggerated, cartoonish version of Michael, making him look like a sad, cartoon figure. Michael was STRONG and gentle at the same time, with great sense of humor and lots if spirit! I hope they can find someone to match his energy, and I hope the script also will show not only his vulnerable side but his strength, humor and spirit also! His “normal” side if you wish, that the general public maybe isn’t aware of because of all the tabloid stories. I just came across Rodrigo Teaser on YouTube and I think he ciuld be a candidate for playing Michael in the movie. He’s from Brazil, so he does have a bit of an accent when he speaks, but not so much that it couldn’t be worked on with a great coach, I think. And I think he looks close enough to Michael even without makeup (not LIKE) Michael, I’m just saying his features come clise enough so that I think he could play Michael during all eras because you wouldn’t have to create the features with make up. You wiuldn’t have to sculpt his face with make up to make him look like Michael. Ao I think that way he’d already look more natural and “real” and not as “cartoonish”, if you took someone else whose features didn’t come as close. He can sing LIVE imitating Michael’s voice, so that’s an asset and also why I think he could most likely talk like Michael too. And he can dance and move “like Michael” (..let’s face it…no one can move and act EXACTLY like Michael…). He’s been working and training with LaVelle Smith AND has worked with Jennifer Batten, so he already has gotten “coaching” from people who knew Michael well so that helps. I so wish LaVelle and Travis and Tracy and Kenny could all work together again for this…they are all talented and knew Michael well from working so long with him so they could all really make sure the show parts are state of the art and how Michael would’ve wanted them. I don’t think anyone else would know better what Michael would’ve liked and approved of than them. And they could all coach and train not only Rodrigo but other dancers as well. Or better yet…,I’d love it if those people who still are around could play themselves in the movie! If Kenny could just be himself, Travis, LaVelle and Tracy dance in it or get the This Is It dancers to dance…have Jonathan Moffett play drums, Jennifer Batten play guitar, Brad Buxer on keyboard, etc…You know…have the old gang appear on it. That would be so cool. ❤️ I think it would be a nice tribute for them too to show love and appreciation for their work during all those years too and for sticking by Michael. ❤️

Here’s Rodrigo Teaser introducing himself:

Last edited:
It should end with the successful trial in 2005 and the unfair media coverage of it all. It is about time Michael to be protrayed as a victim and not a monster.

I expect it to become the most spoken about movie of the year and that is a good thing. Don’t deny the controversies, they are part of his life and neglecting them would be harmful, everybody knows about the narrative anyway, keeping quiet about it is pointless.

Last edited:
I’m REALLY excited about the biopic, especially if the people who were involved with Bohemian Rhapsody AND John Branca and John McClain, are involved in it!! I know they’ll make sure it’s going to be well made and AWESOME!! And true, I also don’t think you can fit Michael’s WHOLE live and career in one movie! I think if you would, it would stay superficial becsuse you could only scratch the surface and it wouldn’t be ablre to be emotional enough to really make the aufience FEEL the emotions you want to make them feel! So if they concentrate on the erss from Thriller until his death, I think that is much more wise. And tell the story of his afult life. I think thst hasn’t been told yet but there has been things done that included his childhood..including documentaries.

I can’t decide wheather they should include the allegations or not. On one hand I think if they did it right, they could really show how unfairly and gross he was treated and how deeply it affected him and how he suffered from it. Make them see the ridiculing and torture from his point of view, while at the same tome showing what the ACTUAL TRUTH was. Sort of make the general audience see how WRONG they were to believe all the lies and how what they all did and participated in eventually killed Michael. But then on the other hand…it would put even more focus on the allegations and would take away from showing his genius and talent and gentle soul. So I don’t know…..On the other hand, people (the media) most likely are gonna mention the allegations anyways in articles so then you’ll have the allegations being talked about anyways with no TRUTH setting the record straight as the counterpart! And I don’t know if you can really include his death without showing WHY he ciuldn’t sleep and why he was so stressed out and so anxious that he had to be put under at night…I don’t think you can tell the story eithout showing what REALLY killed him! People talk about him like some drug addict when that ciuldn’t be further from the truth. So I think if you they could SHOW people the pain he was put through and peopke were made FEEL what he felt, they ciuld maybe finally understand him better. Not only concentrate on those times, include the happy, awesome stuff too and his genius…but also include the torture to speak to people’s emotions. I think they did an awesome job in Bohemian Rhapsody in making people really feel for Freddy and show the struggles he was going through, both personsl and career wise.

That just gave me an idea on .where the movie could start….!!! MJ and Freddy Mercury recording “There Must Be More To Life” together!! Wasn’t it during the Thriller era?! That way you could sort of tie the two biopics together too (and also get all the Queen fans to come watch it at the movies too 😬) and it would be not only a fun way to start the movie, but it would also show how Michael always had so much love and respect for other artists…AND especially considering how the world is right now, it would have a message of peace and love which could also set the tone for the movie since that was what Michael was all about! And the song could be on the soundtrack and finally get oficially released!! It would make both MJ fans AND Queen fans happy!! 👍🏻😍

As to who could play Michael? I agree that they need to be very careful with casting. In everything I have ever seen done before, it has been some exaggerated, cartoonish version of Michael, making him look like a sad, cartoon figure. Michael was STRONG and gentle at the same time, with great sense of humor and lots if spirit! I hope they can find someone to match his energy, and I hope the script also will show not only his vulnerable side but his strength, humor and spirit also! His “normal” side if you wish, that the general public maybe isn’t aware of because of all the tabloid stories. I just came across Rodrigo Teaser on YouTube and I think he ciuld be a candidate for playing Michael in the movie. He’s from Brazil, so he does have a bit of an accent when he speaks, but not so much that it couldn’t be worked on with a great coach, I think. And I think he looks close enough to Michael even without makeup (not LIKE) Michael, I’m just saying his features come clise enough so that I think he could play Michael during all eras because you wouldn’t have to create the features with make up. You wiuldn’t have to sculpt his face with make up to make him look like Michael. Ao I think that way he’d already look more natural and “real” and not as “cartoonish”, if you took someone else whose features didn’t come as close. He can sing LIVE imitating Michael’s voice, so that’s an asset and also why I think he could most likely talk like Michael too. And he can dance and move “like Michael” (..let’s face it…no one can move and act EXACTLY like Michael…). He’s been working and training with LaVelle Smith AND has worked with Jennifer Batten, so he already has gotten “coaching” from people who knew Michael well so that helps. I so wish LaVelle and Travis and Tracy and Kenny could all work together again for this…they are all talented and knew Michael well from working so long with him so they could all really make sure the show parts are state of the art and how Michael would’ve wanted them. I don’t think anyone else would know better what Michael would’ve liked and approved of than them. And they could all coach and train not only Rodrigo but other dancers as well. Or better yet…,I’d love it if those people who still are around could play themselves in the movie! If Kenny could just be himself, Travis, LaVelle and Tracy dance in it or get the This Is It dancers to dance…have Jonathan Moffett play drums, Jennifer Batten play guitar, Brad Buxer on keyboard, etc…You know…have the old gang appear on it. That would be so cool. ❤️ I think it would be a nice tribute for them too to show love and appreciation for their work during all those years too and for sticking by Michael. ❤️

I just find impersonators creepy. No thanks

Yeah it's not a very good idea to hire impersonators, there's a chance that they could be bad at acting and there could be something off-putting about them (like Navi having a british accent in Searching For Neverland for example, MJ was not british lmao). There are more criterias rather than just looking like MJ.

Yeah it's not a very good idea to hire impersonators, there's a chance that they could be bad at acting and there could be something off-putting about them (like Navi having a british accent in Searching For Neverland for example, MJ was not british lmao). There are more criterias rather than just looking like MJ.
I also do not think they look like MJ, but more like a caricature of him. I do understand why people like them, so it's not to knock anyone. But this is definitely not something I want

Yeah it's not a very good idea to hire impersonators, they could be bad at acting and there could be something off-putting about them (like Navi having a british accent in Searching For Neverland for example)
That’s the tough part in Michael being so unique and so talented….it will be very difficult for one person to get the part right. I think the impersonators have his mannerism and dance moves and his walk and facial expressions studied down to a science. I really doubt any actor could learn all that in such a short time and make it look believable. There are several impersonators so they could at least try casting them and see if they could work on the acting. I really can’t think of any actor who I think would fut the part. Then there’s the fact that who ever is going to play him will have to be a fan to some extend ir at least have great respect for Michael or it won’t work. If it’s someone who taught he’s a great artist but a ”weirdo”, it will show in their acting, wheather they like it or not. So there’s that. That’s why I think they should at least try that Rodrigo guy. He sems talented and must be a hard worker and I do think his accent could be worked on. That’s if he’d be up for it himself! Or I guess they will most definitely have to use an impersonator for any performance scenes. No idea….I just hope that whoever they’ll cast, they’ll reserve pleanty of time for coaching and rehearsing and perfecting the part!!! 🙏🏻

First arguing about deepfakes, now about impersonators...

How about just find a good actor first. A good, black, actor. Maybe with vitiligo too. And then maybe enhance him with good makeup or some CGI or whatever makes people get immersed and sit quietly.

If only Chadwick Boseman was still alive. He was like the first choice for playing black historical figures.

Just my opinion, but I think Michael should 100% be played by a black man, not by someone Hispanic.
Just my opinion, but I think Michael should 100% be played by a human, not by a whale or by a Martian who immigrated to Jupiter or Pluto.

CGI would be okay though

the biopic should start at the wiz, to then go through how mj was fed up with his brothers and wanted to be free showing a reel of the jackson 5 days and the abuse he faced from everything in those days,

to him working on off the wall, the dissapointment with the grammys, to the determination of making Thriller album, show a part of MJ and Freddie recording the duets that never came out due to the llama (would be great for publicity if they got rami malek in on it) and to motown 25 and all the success that came with it and the thriller video

then show how MJ only did the Victory album + tour because his mother wanted him to be involved (merge what katherine said about the tour into the album too, simplifies it for audience), pepsi accident and michael's frustration with it and his brothers, show highlights of victory tour and cut to a recreation of mj leaving the band while doing shake your body

wilderness years, highlight reel of everything that happened between 84-86 like EO and others, to mj recording Bad and then release and such, with a huge emphasis on the BAD tour and how successful it was

have mj stopping work with quincy, to mj talking to teddy and then show how dangerous wasnt as successful as the other albums, but still did well, although mj would have to be frustraited (im so sorry dangerous fans, but it has to be done for narritive LMFAO)

finish film with mj getting the Superbowl offer, and have an entire recreation of the preformance, before cutting to a black screen highlighting certain things like michael's death in 2009, him being found NOT GUILTY in 2005, along with all the rewards he earned, all to the instrumental of man in the mirror played at his funeral, to have the scene of the empty stage with nothing but a mic stand on it from the memorial service.

i think this sort of narrative could work REALLY well in a film.

have mj stopping work with quincy, to mj talking to teddy and then show how dangerous wasnt as successful as the other albums, but still did well, although mj would have to be frustraited (im so sorry dangerous fans, but it has to be done for narritive LMFAO)
Dangerous was almost as successful as BAD and was doing monumentally great before 1993. No apology needed to Dangerous fans.

Also that's a terrible way to end the film, no offense.

Dangerous was almost as successful as BAD and was doing monumentally great before 1993. No apology needed to Dangerous fans.

Also that's a terrible way to end the film, no offense.
well considering the whitney estate is chosing to finish on superbowl and queen finished on liveaid, the only preformance i can think of is superbowl for mj. maybe bad tour.

I'm fairly sure that the movie will start during the J5 era and end at the Bad World Tour, I don't see them touching on his death or any other controversial matter since that's not what they did with Bohemian Rhapsody. Unless if the movie succeeds and Branca makes sequels since that's what he seems to be interested in doing. Bottom line though is that I don't see them going beyond the 80's with the biopic and they'll only focus on the prime of MJ's career.

Back