"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I think that the following should be included for the general public to see in this are:
a) the size of Michaels bedroom to give some context around what sharing the bedroom actually meant
b) Jordy being questioned by his father using leading questions while he was drugged and also the taped extortion demands.
c) Who was responsible for settling out of court and the reasons why
d) How weak the Gavin Arvizo case was
e) Wade testifying under oath of Michaels innocence
f) The relentless bullying and hounding from the press including racism, body shaming, paying for stories, disregard for privacy and disregard for mental heath.

For many seeing the film, this will all be new information (apart from the tabloid bullying).

I think that the following should be included for the general public to see in this are:
a) the size of Michaels bedroom to give some context around what sharing the bedroom actually meant
b) Jordy being questioned by his father using leading questions while he was drugged and also the taped extortion demands.
c) Who was responsible for settling out of court and the reasons why
d) How weak the Gavin Arvizo case was
e) Wade testifying under oath of Michaels innocence
f) The relentless bullying and hounding from the press including racism, body shaming, paying for stories, disregard for privacy and disregard for mental heath.

For many seeing the film, this will all be new information (apart from the tabloid bullying).
b, c, d and e will absolutely not be in it.

There will have to be scenes where Michael Jackson starts noticing his vitiligo.

The part where Michael Jackson's car breaks down and he meets Schwartz and the Chandlers has to be in it.
100% agree on both parts.

I'm so hyped about the film, if done right , it could do wonderful things for his continued legacy and help him gain fans to an all new generation.

We've already seen what it did to Queen following Bohemian Rhapsody.

I keep thinking how they will end the film, possibly a tug at the heartstrings moment with his death but then show all his accomplishments, little pointers that he was found not guilty on all counts , possibly a clip of real MJ singing man in the mirror or something similar.

If I could pick a good starting point for the film, it would be 1986. Michael visits the ranch for the first time and decides to buy it. In the evening he is at the Grammy Awards and wins for We Are The World. His short speech already says so much about him and makes a perfect introduction. Then he goes to Hayvenhurst and tells his parents about his decision to move out. I think this was a very defining moment in his life.
Childhood, relationship with father, tough training, Motown, breakup with Jermaine, first working with Quincy on Off The Wall and the huge success of Thriller can all be told through flashbacks. Then I would focus on the Bad and Dangerous recordings, recreat individual performances from his tours, showing his life at Neverland, Ryan White, his illnesses, loneliness etc. And then it gets darker and darker. From 1993 onwards it would probably make sense to focus more on the tragedy of his life and less on his music. It is important to keep illuminating his humanitarian side.

I’m worried with the sale of the estate like half of his catalog that now they half control of the biopic and we need that.

Michael Jackson has appeal among all age groups. He has it all… major legendary talent, controversy, scandal, and a story everyone grew up following. MJ has a uniqueness that no other celebrity can compete with. Some people think he’s guilty, others think he’s innocent. This stuff gets everyone talking. Plus with Michael there is legit icon style talent behind the spectacle. A good portion of the public has MJ regarded at the level of a musical genius so there’s so many elements here that allow for excellent water cooler/Twitter talk. If this documentary is done right I guarantee it will do exceptionally well. Easily over 500 million in global gross sales. Possibly even 1 billion.

What this biopic needs to do is make the audience fall in love with Michael again whilst also setting the record straight about the allegations, extortion attempts...

I hope you MJ fans are ready because if they can pull it off MJ will be huge again and will gain millions of new fans plus hopefully retain fans who loved him, grew up with him, attended his concerts etc.

The film needs to have an emotional connection and I believe it will.

How do you think it will end? June 25th followed by a montage of MJ listing his accomplishments? Imagine all that whilst music and me plays in the background....would be emotional but powerful as you leave the cinema loving MJ.

Possibly even 1 billion.
Sure if Kevin Feige makes it. 😂 Other than superhero movies, no movie currently makes close to 1 billion. The exceptions are the recent Top Gun sequel and Avatar 2. Maybe some Chinese movies in China make a lot of money, because that is the largest box office in the world after North America.

We need to be realistic in terms of numbers.

Biopics don't usually do massive numbers. Bohemian Rhapsody was a fluke and certainly wouldn't have been expected to make 1 billion.

It got those numbers from word of mouth and then hype.

If Michael makes 500 million from say a 80-90 million budget it will be considered a great success.

We also need to remember that there will be a backlash with this film which may impact sales. However it will get people talking about it too so might end up being a win win for MJ

We need to be realistic in terms of numbers.

Biopics don't usually do massive numbers. Bohemian Rhapsody was a fluke and certainly wouldn't have been expected to make 1 billion.

It got those numbers from word of mouth and then hype.

If Michael makes 500 million from say a 80-90 million budget it will be considered a great success.

We also need to remember that there will be a backlash with this film which may impact sales. However it will get people talking about it too so might end up being a win win for MJ
There are a lot of MJ fans worldwide so by that token alone they'll definitely get money. If they can keep china entertained they'll support it. It's a Pro MJ environment.

I will be disappointed if it doesn’t make 500 billion worldwide. Queen has set the bar high and considering MJ has an enormously interesting life story and fame he should comfortably beat Elvis and Elton John.
People will even go watch the film out of pure curiosity, for many people Michael was an enigma, for others he was a monster, for, others he was a genius. There are so many angles.
If the reviews are good , the sky is the limit.

What we already know for certain is that the film will be incomplete. You can’t even tell his story in a 5 season netlfix series. The editing will be vital.

I’m so hyped you can’t believe it

Tbh, the biopic can skip a lot of the major stuff. OTW, Thriller, Bad, even This Is It, can all be left to the documentaries about them.

A 90s majority focused movie would be great tbh. With songs like Childhood and Smile, it'd be greag. And the 2000s before TII, where MJ was recovering post trial, in 2007. But obviously that doesn't seem to be where the movie is heading. Not overall anyway.

But Michael is a superhero. :)
True people really don't understand how huge Michael is, just taking Television viewership alone as a reference
0WNofQK.png

Abilities: can turn into a black panther, can turn into a werewolf, can turn into a robot and he can outdance a rabbit
Not to forget: He could also do just a few spins and turn into gold dust and disappear.

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson
Michael Jackson
@michaeljackson
When trying to explain how insanely popular Michael Jackson was, The Root magazine declares: “If you combined the global reach of Beyoncé, World Cup soccer and Marvel movies, you might come close to Michael’s impact…..”
Bild

Not to forget: He could also do just a few spins and turn into gold dust and disappear.

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson
Michael Jackson
@michaeljackson
When trying to explain how insanely popular Michael Jackson was, The Root magazine declares: “If you combined the global reach of Beyoncé, World Cup soccer and Marvel movies, you might come close to Michael’s impact…..”
Bild
Tired of people pretending Beyonce is relevant in any way, nobody cares about her outside of a small group of americans.

Last edited:
I think the biopic should start with Michael on his way to the courtroom on June 13, 2005. As he is on his way to the courtroom, Michael is reminiscing his career in flashbacks. The biopic should then end with Michael walking out of the court as an innocent man.

I really don't think they need to cover the final years of his life and This Is It. Lets end the biopic on a positive note.

I think the biopic should start with Michael on his way to the courtroom on June 13, 2005. As he is on his way to the courtroom, Michael is reminiscing his career in flashbacks. The biopic should then end with Michael walking out of the court as an innocent man.

I really don't think they need to cover the final years of his life and This Is It. Lets end the biopic on a positive note.
Just stop at the Ebony Interview at 2007.

IMO to end the movie on a positive note the last scene could b
Just stop at the Ebony Interview at 2007.
World Music Awards 06 would be an awesome ending. After everything be went through, he was still so loved and adored.

In a way though, I feel a sad ending (This Is It and his death) is the right way to end it. Movies don't always have to end on a good note.

Anyone feel like they may not be touching past the 80s? I know that article said that they would but Branca described the film as a "look at the boy that became the King of pop" and that's got me thinking lol.

Last edited:
These are the points I believe they need to touch on in the film IMO:

• Birth
  • Starting out as the Jackson 5
  • Ed Sulivan Show Performance
  • First three singles going to number one
  • His childhood (or lack of?)
  • Success as The Jacksons
  • Going Solo/Teaming with Quincy Jones
  • Off The Wall Album
  • Billie Jean Motown 25 Performance
  • Thriller Album/Thriller video
  • Grammys 84'
  • Victory tour
  • We Are The World
  • Pepsi Accident
  • Bad Album and tour/Smooth Criminal video
  • Dangerous album and tour/Black or white video
  • Oprah Interview
  • Superbowl Performance
  • 93' Allegations
  • Marriage to Lisa Marie
  • HIStory Album and tour/Scream or Earth Song video
  • Birth of the kids/being a father
  • 30th Anniversary
  • Living With MJ/ 03' Accusations and Trial
  • World Music Awards 06'
  • This Is It Announcement and Rehearsals
  • Death

Last edited:
Anyone feel like they may not be touching past the 80s? I know that article said that they would but Branca described the film as a "look at the boy that became the King of pop" and that's got me thinking lol.

This will definitve not happen. Michael is still King of Pop. It did not stop in 80s.
Maybe they will even start with the shocking death-news and the reaction in the world and then reflect his one of a kind career and life.
Maybe even a few news- flashes like Murray convicted of involuntary manslaughter. There is also a tendency today for newspapers to write that he died of an overdose (from himself) and the external influence is not at all clear.

Last edited:
The young people might definitely support this film. The adults time has passed. The next generation will have this be their proper introduction to MJ.

Back