"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I will watch this movie. But I really doubt it can convince me.

MJ was so special, exentric, unique, one of a kind... I don't see how anyone could portray that.

Also vitiligo and the changing appearances will be difficult to show.

The accusations from 1993 and onwards was devastating and most have had a huge impact on him personally.

I think the movie will have to focus on a limited period of time or be 10 hours long to get everything in it....

So I am still not very optimistic... No disrespect to Jafaar, he could be a great choise. - But he is not an actor. Quite a difficult person to play in your first movie...
Not to mention the drug addiction caused by the Pepsi commercial which I don't think the general public knows how serious this was.

That's exacly the problem IMO - I would love it to be a nice positive movie with everyone leaving the movie uplifted and happy.

But with MJ's life and carrier, that will be quite difficult - unless they focus on a certain period. (and then I fear we will only see Thriller again again again...)

John Branca's recent comments still have me thinking that they're gonna focus on one period of his life and not the full thing.

Given the fact that the movie will most likely be 120 - 150 minutes long, this makes sense. You simply can not fit all MJ's life and carrier into such a short movie. But it is also very sad... - What should the biopic be about if not the entire life of MJ? - The time after thriller? ending after the BAD tour in 1989? - When should it start? At the Grammy awards show where MJ broke the record and won many grammys for Thriller?
I think that would be a weird movie.

I hope they somehow manage to cover a big portion of MJ's life. - But I don't see how it could be done in a good way without feeling rushed nad jumping a lot in time.

Given the fact that the movie will most likely be 120 - 150 minutes long, this makes sense. You simply can not fit all MJ's life and carrier into such a short movie. But it is also very sad... - What should the biopic be about if not the entire life of MJ? - The time after thriller? ending after the BAD tour in 1989? - When should it start? At the Grammy awards show where MJ broke the record and won many grammys for Thriller?
I think that would be a weird movie.

I hope they somehow manage to cover a big portion of MJ's life. - But I don't see how it could be done in a good way without feeling rushed nad jumping a lot in time.
Will stop after bad most likely

For me his recent comments indicates the opposite. It is not a whitewash. Graham did his own a research and came to the conclusion Michael is innocent......

He's described it as "the story of the boy who became the king of pop" twice now. I'm not really arguing with you as I don't know, that comment just makes me feel a certain way.

Didn't they mention already that the Biopic will, in fact, include the 2000s?

Pivotal moments in MJ's life that should be in the movie

The first performance on the Ed Sullivan show, moving away from Motown, the move to Hayvenhurst, thriller album, Motown 25, thriller video, Pepsi accident, first solo tour, move to Neverland/amusement park, 1993 allegations, Lisa Marie /DebbyRowe marriages + birth of children, 2005 court, this is it announcement.

What else is important?

I don't consider this important at all. We already have a whole movie about it.
You personally may not consider it important but it is very much a big moment in his life.

The press conference should at least be mentioned or a scene acted out. He was after all preparing for this massive comeback which ultimately resulted in his death.

If they are covering from cradle to the grave then this is it will be included in some shape or form.

Well, I hope it starts with OTW and only a few short flashbacks to the earls 70s.. We had all the Motown stuff and up to the Victory tour already on An american dream. That's 30 years ago, but no real reason to rehash everything. Better to concentrate more on his solo years.

You personally may not consider it important but it is very much a big moment in his life.

The press conference should at least be mentioned or a scene acted out. He was after all preparing for this massive comeback which ultimately resulted in his death.

If they are covering from cradle to the grave then this is it will be included in some shape or form.
It is important, even to the casual, and yet, if you wanna craft a narrative, it doesn't seem like a good ending. Michael's story is sad and an ending that way is downright embittering. Maybe that'll motivate people to view him more kindly, idk.

A huge downer ending like that feels, anticlimactic, if realistic. Unless they pivot to his kids carrying his legacy or so, in which case it's no issue.

The best option would be to hint at it so people can basically go view TII as the "sequel" to the biopic, so to speak.

Do you want the Superstar Michael Jackson story, or do you want a more intimate, handcrafted and personal tale? It really just depends.

They could even end with all mighty Branca saving the Jackson brand with his excellent posthumous records.. maybe give a post credits stinger of the Casios arriving with never before heard demoes...

They could end with deciding to search the vaults for rare MJ music the fans want to hear, and they find and play the demo to Best of Joy, over the credits. That's a bittersweet ending. One I'd be okay with.

Personally I think Michael would have been alive if this is it was never announced.
I think doing a series of shows was needed for Michael , I remember it was originally 10? He should have stuck with that and spread out the dates over the year.

It was important for his image to remind everyone how great he was a performer. It would have got people talking about his talents again.

Unfortunately I do agree that This is it played a massive part in his death. However, we now know that his addictions were so severe it may have just delayed the inevitable :(

Sadly if it wasn't Murray it would have been another doctor.

His addictions were so bad that it would have happened one way or another I think.
The other doctors didn't kill him though. As for "addictions", there is no proof of that whatsoever. He died because of Propofol, not because of an alleged addiciton. Stop repeating tabloid bullshit.

I think doing a series of shows was needed for Michael , I remember it was originally 10? He should have stuck with that and spread out the dates over the year.

It was important for his image to remind everyone how great he was a performer. It would have got people talking about his talents again.

Unfortunately I do agree that This is it played a massive part in his death. However, we now know that his addictions were so severe it may have just delayed the inevitable :(
Again. He did not die because of exhaustion. These shows or number of shows has nothing to do with his death. Only his illfated trust in his quack doctor. Stop being a tabloid regurgitator.

The other doctors didn't kill him though. As for "addictions", there is no proof of that whatsoever. He died because of Propofol, not because of an alleged addiciton. Stop repeating tabloid bullshit.
There is no proof of addictions? 😂 You're living in absolute cuckoo land if you don't think that there was.

No need for me to repeat tabloid bullshit because it was very much clear that he was addicted to pain medication.

You go live in the clouds though 🙄

Again. He did not die because of exhaustion. These shows or number of shows has nothing to do with his death. Only his illfated trust in his quack doctor. Stop being a tabloid regurgitator.
He died because he was happy to take fucking propofol in a home setting which made him sleep.

Of course Murray is to blame due to the neglect but you previously said he wasn't addicted, so why did he need Murray in the first place?

Why was there so many different vials of pills in Michael's room all under random names too?

If he wasn't addicted then you tell me why they were needed?? I'd love to know your response smart arse.

He died because he was happy to take fucking propofol in a home setting which made him sleep.

Of course Murray is to blame due to the neglect but you previously said he wasn't addicted, so why did he need Murray in the first place?

Why was there so many different vials of pills in Michael's room all under random names too?

If he wasn't addicted then you tell me why they were needed?? I'd love to know your response smart arse.

Propofol didn't even make him sleep., just knocked him out. He wasn't getting any sleep, which is why he became ill and started losing weight, acting strangely at rehearsal etc.

Last edited:
Back