Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

• Yes, I love them and read them all the time

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Not sure, but would give them a try

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • No. I've read some and didn't like them

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Don't care for 'em and wouldn't read any

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters
I love that there are fans who still love and appreciate MJ Fanfic. Back in the day, I used to write on forums but never any full stories til 2018. While I understand that not all fans care for MJ Fanfic for it is an acquired taste—I feel just as any other famous celeb who has fanfic, MJ should have it too because it's a fan-type thing to do! Lol. One that has been happening for ages. And as Michael once stated, "There’s a whole new world in books. If you can’t afford to travel, you travel mentally through reading."

P.S. Cringe is in the eye of the reader, lol. I love all the lovey-dovey romance stories. I mean, Michael was that guy who always saved the woman and was a prince charming in his real-life actions and short films! Sings: "I'll be your story hero, a serenading rhyme." However, I also love AU stories of Michael as well, which isn't really far-fetched if one writes him as one of his short-film personalities. Heck, I've written him as a detective but I still included elements of his personality. But I also write stories that include his love for music, kids, and humanitarianism. Fanfics are all about fantasy and escapism! As Michael believed in escapism through his music, the same can be done through fanfic.

I'm glad you have found a way to express your emotions. I too write because it's very therapeutic and relaxing for me. It warms my heart when readers say that fanfics make them feel as if MJ is still here with them or they had a rough day and needed to unwind with a story. Though fanfics are fiction, they can indeed allow one to feel MJ is still with them and that can be very comforting. There are many reasons why people read and write fanfics—some for entertainment and some for deeper reasons. I encourage all those who want to write! Write to your heart's content! As long as it's not an illegal trope (because sigh's there are some but I'm trying to keep this positive) I say be creative and write. Give folks a synopsis of the story and genre so they know what they are getting into, lol and all should be well. However, with everything, every story isn't for everyone but trust, you will find your readers!

After not writing for many years, I returned to writing on Wattpad but I have since moved on (I'm writing elsewhere). Although I have my own reservations about Wattpad, it's definitely a great place to build an audience if you like reader interactions such as comments, votes, and banter. I also like Ao3, I actually prefer it, tbh in terms of apps. Additionally, there is still a dedicated MJ spot to write and read stories (not sure I can mention the name here due to forum rules. P.S. I used to be a mod here back in the day. So, gotta be respectful. I adore this forum and glad its still around). And there is Inkitt and Commaful. However, the first three I mentioned are better in terms of having your story seen and read. The writing apps took me a while to get used to because I'm old school and remember when writers had their own websites!

Anyhoo! I wish you well on your writing journey! You sound quite eager to write MJ fanfic. I hope you will write many wonderful stories that readers will enjoy and get lost in the many worlds you'll create for Michael, keeping his spirit alive through those who love MJ Fanfic.

This post was a story within itself, but hey, That's what writers do! Lol. 📚🖋️

@MJsAngelOfMusic Michael really was such a romantic heroic type. You're so right about that, and I love that about him. He has been that for me in a way my whole life. Just thinking about this makes me wish I could give him a big hug 🤗. I'm so grateful he gave us a way to escape. I hope that he was able to do the same in some way while he was here 🥺.

I might try Wattpad, but I prefer AO3 too. Or really anywhere other than Wattpad 🤭 the ads are too much for me. I've never heard of Inkitt or Commaful. I will have to check. I think I know the place you're talking about that you can't mention.

I would love to read any stories you would be willing to share. Idk if you can based on the rules here.

Thank you so much for your response. You made my day ❤️.

@MJsAngelOfMusic Michael really was such a romantic heroic type. You're so right about that, and I love that about him. He has been that for me in a way my whole life. Just thinking about this makes me wish I could give him a big hug 🤗. I'm so grateful he gave us a way to escape. I hope that he was able to do the same in some way while he was here 🥺.

I might try Wattpad, but I prefer AO3 too. Or really anywhere other than Wattpad 🤭 the ads are too much for me. I've never heard of Inkitt or Commaful. I will have to check. I think I know the place you're talking about that you can't mention.

I would love to read any stories you would be willing to share. Idk if you can based on the rules here.

Thank you so much for your response. You made my day ❤️.
Same. I love that about Michael as well. He was the constant gentleman, albeit with a little bit of sauce at times, lol. I understand the hugging him part. He is deeply loved and missed.

Yes, I'm happy Michael provided us with escapism as well. His songs are stories! I love how we not only get songs from him but stories too. And I too hope that he experienced escapism as well. I'm sure he did with his love of being on stage as he always mentioned.

I feel you on the Wattpad ads. I own a subscription from when I was still writing there but I can't do the free version of that site either. I think Ao3 has more "reader" readers. Wattpad can be fun but it's also a social site. Nothing wrong with that but there is a difference between Ao3 and Wattpad. Inkitt has potential but it's not geared toward fanfic. Commaful is cute, I'll leave it at that. Lol. But not great for stories. Yes, I'm sure you know the site I'm talking about as well.

You can also do a Google search for MJ fanfic sites. Some classic sites are still around and new ones too!

I can't post my stuff here for various reasons. And I write under a different name that I wish not to share here. However, if you search long enough, you might come across my writings.

I truly hope that you'll find a place to post your stories. Or as in the case of myself, I started writing again and later found a place to post, which was Wattpad at the time.

Again, I'm happy to always meet another MJ Fam who loves MJ fanfic as much as I do. 😊

Anyone, please. I'm new here. Does anyone have any good fanfic recs? I'm back in my MJ phase and I can't find any good fanfics anywhere on the internet.
There are so many wonderful stories out there. However, I always tell people to read for themselves. Not all stories are for everyone and it's best to seek stories out on one's own, IMO. Good stories are out there! Maybe search for stories on Wattpad and Ao3. Happy reading! 😊

What kind of fics do you like?
Any. As long as they are not written by a 14 yo with terrible grammar and spelling.
And I am already a fanfic writer. I have started writing mine (because I need good content, god!) and I will probably share it here.

It's so good to see this thread coming back to life :)
Of course, it is. I mean, fanfiction is the best part of any fandom. It doesn't even need to be romantic! I'd read a well-written fanfiction about how MJ's life could have turned out if he hadn't made some mistakes around the '90s. The problem is that AO3 is currently dry of any good content, and that most stories on Wattpad are penned by young, inexperienced teenagers.

I have really been inspired by the Glenda Tapes, honestly. It showed a softer, funnier to him that I adored.

I look forward to any one posting if they care to share, that is. Iv'e spent some time on Wattpad reading elsewho, shall we say , In any case,
I have read nearly all the Michael stories on there by now. It is very interesting to me to see fans interpret their muses.

Of course, it is. I mean, fanfiction is the best part of any fandom. It doesn't even need to be romantic!
Yep. My sentiments exactly.

I am hesitant to give recs because I think they're on other sites, which might be against the rules to link to :(
Or you can give the title to the story and just say where its from. but it shouldn't be much of a problem as people have already mentioned places .i.e wattpad etc

Do you know it it's allowed to create a thread in this forum to share a fanfiction here? I am writing my own, currently, and even though the description stays that, "The famous section for the fans is back on MJJCommunity, post here your fantasy stories Michael related **Please be advised this area could contain adult themed stories and experiences**," I am still uncertain.

Do you know it it's allowed to create a thread in this forum to share a fanfiction here? I am writing my own, currently, and even though the description stays that, "The famous section for the fans is back on MJJCommunity, post here your fantasy stories Michael related **Please be advised this area could contain adult themed stories and experiences**," I am still uncertain.
Let me tag @Hiker
I am sure though that you will be able to post your art @SilverFiner

Edit- yes. i did not realise we were in the actual FF section of the forum here. I think you can go ahead.

Last edited:
yes, you can post in that section. Please be respectful of Michael, which I am sure you are in your stories.

Back