Michael Jackson 2017 Collectors Box

Zakk

Proud Member
Michael Jackson: The King 2017 Collectors Box

With the new release of 'Bad 25' and the first ever authorised release of a concert from Michael's Legendary 'Bad World Tour' Live at Wembley July 16, 1988 just gone...

Discussion has arisen as to whether their will be future releases of more of Michael's Tours and concerts, that is why I have created this thread to hopefully reach out to the estate letting them know we want many more 'Michael Jackson' concert releases in the future.

in January of 2017 it will be the 45th anniversary of Michael's first solo album 'Got to be there' this album went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide. my vision for this box set is as follows:

All of Michael's solo albums from Got to be there - Invincible enhanced with 3 bonus discs of unreleased songs and Demo's from 1972-2009. Never brfore seen footage of Michael's life: visiting hospitals, the white house and much, much more. 3 concerts from each of his solo world Tours 'Bad' 'Dangerous' and 'HIStory' as well as a Blu-Ray of Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration: The Solo Years and Michael Jackson's This is it: The Unseen rehearsals Blu-Ray's with 40 hours more unseen footage. And final, all of Michael's short films with the makings of including Ghosts and Captain EO on two extra Blu-Ray discs, in the set.

L.O.V.E to you all, let's make this happen!

Last edited:
Bonus: 2 or 3 CDs with unheard songs and demos. This will be a complete collection, like as I'm dreaming. I think that a blu-ray disc of MSG 2001 should be included, not a DVD.

Bonus: 2 or 3 CDs with unheard songs and demos. This will be a complete collection, like as I'm dreaming. I think that a blu-ray disc of MSG 2001 should be included, not a DVD.

agreed!

post updated.

Last edited:
They should release Bad Tour 2nd leg on blu-ray. I hope they find those filmed concerts.

MSG 88' with restored visuals and enhanced audio Wembley July 15th 88' Umatic restored an multitrack
enhanced and L.A 89' with restored visuals and enhanced audio would be the best choices for the Bad Tour if they don't find the film reels in time.

They should release more Bad Tour in next few years. I can't wait for 2017. It is too far away! :)

They should release more Bad Tour in next few years. I can't wait for 2017. It is too far away! :)

I agree! but this is a complete collection :) maybe then can edit Smooth Criminal and make it an extra long version featuring the SC character from Moonwalker! would be epic

What are they going to release after 2017?

lelolo;3724767 said:
Brilliant idea! But how much it will cost? ^^

thanks, well I think about £239 which would be a reasonable price for everything you would get inside of it, i'm going to come up with a T-shirt design and I also want it to include a replica of the thriller jacket :)

if anyone has any contact with the estate, could they mention this? thanks :)

after 2017 I would love to see the estate sign a deal with Motown and release J5 concerts, documentaries & tv shows etc.

It's a nice idea but we've got to remember we will want more after 2017. Plus, I would only exclude the 30th Anniversary celebration, I know it was a pivotal and certainly huge event in his life but I only enjoyed his performances. The rest (all other artists performing his songs) wasn't very well done IMO. I think they could include something rarer and older. But it's a nice start, let's see what happens before we get to that.

It's a nice idea but we've got to remember we will want more after 2017. Plus, I would only exclude the 30th Anniversary celebration, I know it was a pivotal and certainly huge event in his life but I only enjoyed his performances. The rest (all other artists performing his songs) wasn't very well done IMO. I think they could include something rarer and older. But it's a nice start, let's see what happens before we get to that.

maybe instead of all the 30th anniversary celebration, it could be Michael's and his brothers performances from that show, Night at the Apollo 2002 and What More Can I give and Man in the Mirror from Live at united we stand

Bad Idea. Too much material at once is bad. Save unreleased songs for future releases

i think this is a wonderful idea! and for those of you saying there wont be any thing else to release if they did this, your wrong.. there are almost 200 unreleased songs in the vault, and thats just songs we know of, which is enough to make up to 15 more albums. There is Rehearsal footage from the bad,dangerous,and HIStory tour.. as well as footage of michael in the studio. most if not all of Michaels concerts were recorded for his own personal archive.. and lets not forget the classical pieces he was composing before he passed, with many of them completed.Believe me, releasing this persons idea would only scrape the iceburg of new material.. and i feel that we the fans deserve something like this.

i think this is a wonderful idea! and for those of you saying there wont be any thing else to release if they did this, your wrong.. there are almost 200 unreleased songs in the vault, and thats just songs we know of, which is enough to make up to 15 more albums. There is Rehearsal footage from the bad,dangerous,and HIStory tour.. as well as footage of michael in the studio. most if not all of Michaels concerts were recorded for his own personal archive.. and lets not forget the classical pieces he was composing before he passed, with many of them completed.Believe me, releasing this persons idea would only scrape the iceburg of new material.. and i feel that we the fans deserve something like this.

thank you :)

I've messaged the 'Michael Jackson' Facebook account with this idea and thread, hopefully they'll notice it!

Bad Idea. Too much material at once is bad. Save unreleased songs for future releases

I agree. As much as I'd love a huge boxset of goodies, we don't want the Estate to release everything all at once, and not have anything left in the coming years and decades. I'm thinking the next album we get will be probably 2014, similar to the Michael album, minus the controversy. In 2016, that marks the 25th anniversary of Dangerous. I think they should do something for that album as it was also one of MJ's best works.

Now if they released a DVD of all his award show performances, and special performances over the years (Liz Taylor's bday, Sammy Davis Bday, United We Stand concert, MJ & Friends concerts, etc) that would be cool

Back