Michael Jackson drawings

Getting the creation bug going lol!
It's been so long since I've done a new piece, even if it's something simple but bold lol but that focus on him really does help lol
Exactly!!! My passion for find man is endless lol

BB0-AC0-F2-BD27-46-C0-ACC5-8-D8288810119.jpg

Oh I love this! And I love the expression you captured!
Thanks doll! 🥰 this is just rough sketch but with shading/blending, and then the coloring process it will look so good! It's been so long lol, I started from the bottom of the horizon on the paper and worked from the outside, inwards. Turned out better than I expected lol 🤣

05211357-5877-4971-8083-52-EA72559-A50.jpg

@staywild23 2 hours later lol 🥰
Oh I love it!! And it’s JAM! I can almost envision perfectly the expression you are capturing from the video!

Not to then this into another thread, but my God he’s so hot in that video. His whole look, style, dancing… omg.

Anyway, lol, I love what you’ve done! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh I love it!! And it’s JAM! I can almost envision perfectly the expression you are capturing from the video!

Not to then this into another thread, but my God he’s so hot in that video. His whole look, style, dancing… omg.

Anyway, lol, I love what you’ve done! Thanks for sharing :)
Of course doll 🥰

Oh I know! I love it!

I can't draw to save my life. And art classes at school? All that did was traumatise me for life. I am still terrified of a blank piece of paper. But I love Michael's line drawing of himself in Moonwalk so I'm going to have a go at copying that. Because my art teacher never bothered to tell us that. She never mentioned that small fact, that people start by copying stuff.

Depending on how that goes I might try doing a simple line drawing of a photo. And then just see where this goes. It will probably crash and burn. I am SO bad at this stuff. But it's amazing that I even want to try. What is it about Michael? This whole thing terrifies me but he's got me thinking, 'oh well, might as well have a go, it can't hurt'. How does he do that?

I love him. Simple statement but it's true.

I can't draw to save my life. And art classes at school? All that did was traumatise me for life. I am still terrified of a blank piece of paper. But I love Michael's line drawing of himself in Moonwalk so I'm going to have a go at copying that. Because my art teacher never bothered to tell us that. She never mentioned that small fact, that people start by copying stuff.

Depending on how that goes I might try doing a simple line drawing of a photo. And then just see where this goes. It will probably crash and burn. I am SO bad at this stuff. But it's amazing that I even want to try. What is it about Michael? This whole thing terrifies me but he's got me thinking, 'oh well, might as well have a go, it can't hurt'. How does he do that?

I love him. Simple statement but it's true.
You totally should! I used to draw all the time as a kid and teenager but got away from it. I actually was inspired to draw again because of MJ. I started drawing animals all the time back in February but then, with how much I love looking at pictures of him, I decided to try drawing his portrait. Now I've drawn several (I've only posted a few in this thread above!) but I haven't in awhile. I am hoping to this weekend :)

Anyway, yes! You should definitely try drawing him. Also, I love line drawings. I actually think that is it's own skill because I am totally uncomfortable drawing something that isn't fairly detailed. Any drawing of MJ is a good one because the inspiration is simply divine :)

You totally should! I used to draw all the time as a kid and teenager but got away from it. I actually was inspired to draw again because of MJ. I started drawing animals all the time back in February but then, with how much I love looking at pictures of him, I decided to try drawing his portrait. Now I've drawn several (I've only posted a few in this thread above!) but I haven't in awhile. I am hoping to this weekend :)

Anyway, yes! You should definitely try drawing him. Also, I love line drawings. I actually think that is it's own skill because I am totally uncomfortable drawing something that isn't fairly detailed. Any drawing of MJ is a good one because the inspiration is simply divine :)
Feel quite sick but ... hell, I'm going in. 😱

Our art teacher used to drop a blank piece of paper in front of you and say, 'Just draw what you like, girls. Just express yourselves'. And that was it. That was the art 'teaching' at my school. ☹️

You've caught the hollow in his neck. Awesome.
I sure did ;)

Yes you must! 😊 I agree, it all does depend on how you want to perceive the style and detailing, the way we draw is unique! 🥰
Our art teacher used to drop a blank piece of paper in front of you and say, 'Just draw what you like, girls. Just express yourselves'. And that was it. That was the art 'teaching' at my school. ☹️
Oh lord ☹️ that's not fun!

Oh lord ☹️ that's not fun!
A lifetime of trauma is what it is. I'm not even being sloppy using the word 'trauma'. Gets me all panicked out and everything. Ugh, blank sheet of paper. Keep it away from me.

Anyway, did the copy of the line drawing and it was crap, as I expected, but kind of interesting as a little challenge. And it didn't freak me out so I consider that to be a decent first experiment. I'm gonna try again but also want to see what else I can have a go at.

Anyway, did the copy of the line drawing and it was crap, as I expected, but kind of interesting as a little challenge. And it didn't freak me out so I consider that to be a decent first experiment. I'm gonna try again but also want to see what else I can have a go at.
That's not so bad! That's what makes it more interesting. Believe me, whenever I stare at a blank piece of paper, I either have some sort of idea or I'm sitting there like a loon thinking what on earth should I be doing lol :ROFLMAO: it happens sometimes, it's like writer's block but projecting it to the page.

Other than actual performance oriented pictures. I would love to draw him in a more casual setting, like from a still of him from the home videos or something. Something where he seems really happy, but not in a performance way. Just in a human Michael way.
A few thoughts:

1 - 1993 visit to Russian orphanage - so many beautiful close-ups of his face and so many different expressions. A difficult time for Michael but he looks truly relaxed and happy here.
2 - any of the pics where he's with his animals. The baby deer one is good, very sweet. The one with the macaw is even better, imo, and it's a better close-up. You can see his face really easily, he's really relaxed and happy. Those two are 1990's so not Bad era but absolutely lovely.
3 - for Thriller era maybe you could try to capture a still from the Hayvenhurst interview. There are some lovely close-ups of his face and some great expressions. The picture quality isn't great, though. Plus, he's working, obvs, but he is pretty relaxed here and he's goofing around a little bit.

I used to draw all the time as a kid and teenager but got away from it.
Hm. Interesting point. I never drew as a kid. I was always reading. And in the few minutes of the day when I wasn't reading I was staring at the sky. And in the final few seconds that were left over from that I was listening to music (even when I was a tiddler). But no drawing. Very interesting.

Oh goodness girl, that's beautiful! :love: oh it's an absolute gift for sure lol
Thank you!! I’m really proud of this one actually. I think it’s the first one I’ve drawn that feels like it captures his spirit in a sense :)

I’m very sick and quite unhappy about it, but I managed to do another Michael portrait. I started it last night and just finished 😊

Is there anything cuter than Thriller era Michael? I mean, really?

Correction: Michael at any time, ever.

Anyway, I’m proud of it so I wanted to share 😊
Awe doll, this is gorgeous! Such a fabulous job! :giggle:

Oh Michael is so stinkin' cute at any time!

Awe doll, this is gorgeous! Such a fabulous job! :giggle:

Oh Michael is so stinkin' cute at any time!
Thank you! :)

I am thinking of doing each of the album covers as a project over the summer. I mostly do close up portraits, so I'm not sure how that will go. But I think it would be really cool! The Dangerous cover alone though might kill me lol.

Thank you! :)

I am thinking of doing each of the album covers as a project over the summer. I mostly do close up portraits, so I'm not sure how that will go. But I think it would be really cool! The Dangerous cover alone though might kill me lol.
That would be such a cool project! :D Oh I love the Dangerous cover, one of my favorites but definitely time consuming and so detailed! Maybe if you were to do the Dangerous cover, depending upon the way you go about it, I had an interesting thought where if you do that one into sections, like a puzzle? 🤔 Anyhoo, I think that would be so fun! :giggle:

Um, is this an official addition to our list of words and phrases that we can use to talk about Michael? :ROFLMAO:
Why yes ma'am, I believe I just made an addition there lol! :ROFLMAO: Absolutely!

Really want to work on a drawing in honor of Michael for tomorrow. I also just need the distraction. But I'm not sure what to do.

I'm thinking of something that isn't just a portrait of him, but maybe has other images I associate with him, like sunflowers and elephants? Idk. I also would love to just draw a portrait of him because drawing him always makes me feel so much.

Any ideas?

Really want to work on a drawing in honor of Michael for tomorrow. I also just need the distraction. But I'm not sure what to do.

I'm thinking of something that isn't just a portrait of him, but maybe has other images I associate with him, like sunflowers and elephants? Idk. I also would love to just draw a portrait of him because drawing him always makes me feel so much.

Any ideas?
I actually like that idea! Objects and other things that represent Michael symbolizes him. I love the thought of sunflowers and elephants 🥰

Back