Michael Jackson have never lied about his surgeries?

Michael Afton

Streetwalker
Country
United-States
Many people, think that Michael lied in the interviews, when he claimed, that he had only 2 plastic surgeries (PS)... But what if he didn't... I think, when he said about 2 surgeries, he ment only surgeries, where he changed his nose intentionally. He didn't include amount of reconstruction surgeries (RS). Obviously he had a lot of reconstruction surgeries, I think he had about 7 or 10 reconstruction surgeries, but that's not plastic surgeries (in Michael's opinion), and I actually can agree with him. For example, when you injury some of your limb and you do surgery to recover it, you don't count it as plastic surgery, right? So, as Michael. In 1979 Mike had his first RECONSTRUCTION surgery, because he broke his nose during rehearsal, then he apparently had a few more RS, but his first PS was in the beginning of 80s - at that time he changed his usual nose (that was already a few times reconstructed) to thriller era nose, and his second PS was after Thriller era, then he finally turned his nose into his legendary snub nose (which he tried to maintain untill his death). And after 2 PS he had a lot of RS. But all this RS were his personal thing and he didn't have to say about it to anybody. That was only his business. Probably he had a few failed RS during 2000s (that's why he was wearing mask and bandage).
Btw, if you remember, when Michael was asked about amount of his surgeries, he said, that he had 2 plastic surgeries and then, which is very important, added "as far as I can remember"! This addition is very important, because it shows, that something is wrong with his words. Michael said "as far as I can remember", because he almost counted RS as PS. And he didn't want to include RS, because it's really personal for him and it's not relevant in Michael's opinion.
Also, I think, rumors about Michael hating his big nose (because of dad's abuse) were complete slander. He didn't hate his big nose. He even tried to maintain it. And in the beginning of 80s he just made it a little bit more straight. Only after Thriller he decided to make it snub, well, that's because his preferences changed. He was growing as an artist. He tried to make a perfect image for himself, so he tried some new stuff. Also he was a big fan of Peter Pan, so he actually could make his nose snub, being inspired by Peter Pan's nose. He was a perfectionist, but he wasn't obsessed with his nose!
Anyway, I'm not here to discuss about his surgeries, I just wanted to share this point of view with other fans. Michael wasn't a liar. He was an innocent. He was best of us 🙏☝️

Of course it doesn't. That's why I said "Anyway, I'm not here to discuss about his surgeries, I just wanted to share this point of view with other fans"

I have been wanting to talk about something relating to his nose surgeries for quite some time now but I’ve never quite found the appropriate time and I didn’t think it merited a thread of its own but here it goes.

So from what I have gathered throughout the years of researching all things MJ throughout the years is that MJ’s nose was suffering from a collapsed bridge. Not too long ago I was watching some documentary about plastic surgery and one of the doctors said something to the effect that after a rhinoplasty it’s very important to not put stress on the nose and avoid from wearing glasses and stuff like that. My mind immediately went to Michael. As everyone knows Michael wore glasses religiously throughout his entire life. It didn’t matter if it was in the studio, live or in other candid appearances. Those aviator glasses became somewhat of a staple, just as much as his fedora.

Now my question is, do you think that him constantly wearing glasses had some kind of effect and contributed to his nose condition? This is purely speculation as we cannot truly know but still an interesting angle to look from.

I have been wanting to talk about something relating to his nose surgeries for quite some time now but I’ve never quite found the appropriate time and I didn’t think it merited a thread of its own but here it goes.

So from what I have gathered throughout the years of researching all things MJ throughout the years is that MJ’s nose was suffering from a collapsed bridge. Not too long ago I was watching some documentary about plastic surgery and one of the doctors said something to the effect that after a rhinoplasty it’s very important to not put stress on the nose and avoid from wearing glasses and stuff like that. My mind immediately went to Michael. As everyone knows Michael wore glasses religiously throughout his entire life. It didn’t matter if it was in the studio, live or in other candid appearances. Those aviator glasses became somewhat of a staple, just as much as his fedora.

Now my question is, do you think that him constantly wearing glasses had some kind of effect and contributed to his nose condition? This is purely speculation as we cannot truly know but still an interesting angle to look from.
He didn't wear them during the OTW era, so that formulative time actually wasn't affected by anything like that. It's up in the air on later stuff though tbh.

^^^^
Nah I think he simply had too many procedures on his nose to the point that it became severely damaged and pencil thin.

By the early 2000's it was in a terrible state, let's not kid ourselves. I do think though that in his later years he had corrective surgery and it looked much better by the time TII was announced.
Well, people with Lupus can't really do surgery like that anyway. It would never set properly.

He didn't wear them during the OTW era, so that formulative time actually wasn't affected by anything like that. It's up in the air on later stuff though tbh.
He did wear glasses during the off the wall/triumph era. Besides I don’t think that matters because he had another rhinoplasty prior to the thriller era and during that era he was very, very heavy into that look with glasses.

^^^^
Nah I think he simply had too many procedures on his nose to the point that it became severely damaged and pencil thin.

By the early 2000's it was in a terrible state, let's not kid ourselves. I do think though that in his later years he had corrective surgery and it looked much better by the time TII was announced.
Sure that’s a valid point but still wearing glasses could have had a very adverse effect. We’re not talking about wearing glasses here and there, he was very heavy into his glasses starting from the thriller era. Surgeons doesn’t say and recommend not wearing glasses/putting stress on the nose just for the hell of it. From what I gathered from the documentary it’s a very serious thing.

According to doctors who operated on him, Michael Jackson had many plastic cosmetic surgeries (on his face) and most of them were even considered inappropriate.

For example, Surgeon Dr. Wallace Goodstein (who operated on him in the 1990s) revealed this:

"[Michael Jackson] had multiple surgeries … He came in approximately every two months. It was about 10 to 12 surgeries in two years, while I was there … [He] had multiple nose jobs, cheek implants and he had a cleft put in his chin. He had eyelid surgery … He had so many things that were inappropriate…" (Dr. Wallace Goodstein, PEOPLE Interview)

Michael Jackson had his first nose plastic cosmetic surgery in 1979 not because he fell down and broke it during rehearsals, but because he simply wanted at that time a thinner nose as revealed by his personal vocal coach Seth Riggs.

Also, certain sources close to him revealed that the singer did not want to look like his father Joseph Jackson, which also explains why he resorted to so many plastic cosmetic surgeries (on his face) over the years.

According to doctors who operated on him, Michael Jackson had many plastic cosmetic surgeries (on his face) and most of them were even considered inappropriate.

For example, Surgeon Dr. Wallace Goodstein (who operated on him in the 1990s) revealed this:

"[Michael Jackson] had multiple surgeries … He came in approximately every two months. It was about 10 to 12 surgeries in two years, while I was there … [He] had multiple nose jobs, cheek implants and he had a cleft put in his chin. He had eyelid surgery … He had so many things that were inappropriate…" (Dr. Wallace Goodstein, PEOPLE Interview)

Michael Jackson had his first nose plastic cosmetic surgery in 1979 not because he fell down and broke it during rehearsals, but because he simply wanted at that time a thinner nose as revealed by his personal vocal coach Seth Riggs.

Also, certain sources close to him revealed that the singer did not want to look like his father Joseph Jackson, which also explains why he resorted to so many plastic cosmetic surgeries (on his face) over the years.
That's all lies.
Btw, in his last year's he had some facial features similar to his father....

Michael absolutely lied about the extent of his plastic surgeries, which I always felt was more of a detriment than anything. Obviously he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation on anything, but sometimes I feel like it would’ve been better if he just kept things vague. “Everybody in Hollywood gets surgery” would’ve sufficed. But when he comes out and insists that he’s only had two procedures when he effectively looked like a different human being by 2000, of course the criticism will come flowing faster than normal.

Ultimately it means nothing, because his physical features don’t affect his talent. But it’s one of the many situations in his career that perplex me in how poorly it was handled/addressed.

Michael absolutely lied about the extent of his plastic surgeries, which I always felt was more of a detriment than anything. Obviously he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation on anything, but sometimes I feel like it would’ve been better if he just kept things vague. “Everybody in Hollywood gets surgery” would’ve sufficed. But when he comes out and insists that he’s only had two procedures when he effectively looked like a different human being by 2000, of course the criticism will come flowing faster than normal.

Ultimately it means nothing, because his physical features don’t affect his talent. But it’s one of the many situations in his career that perplex me in how poorly it was handled/addressed.
He downplayed it which is just people's number 1 tell for addiction or something.

I don't think MJ was addicted to plastic surgery. I think he was just OCD to the highest measure and very obsessed with looking perfect. But that came to a head in the 90s and wore off with fatherhood.

Michael obviously lied, and he already made a comment to Boteach about how he thought he looked like a lizard. He was never satisfied. He knew he went too far. I think in a way the changes he made to his face made him appreciate nature's design even more.

Of course he was not telling the truth about his surgeries but the real point who's business is it anyway ? That was what he was probably thinking. It is obvious he had multiple nose jobs , facelifts and the cleft in chin but i think that was it , though done several times probably apart from the chin cleft. The point is it was his business regardless .

Back