Michael Jackson 'left to die on drugs drip after a doctor fell asleep', his plastic surgeon claims

ALSO in the sun today , hofflin quoted as saying Mj was best looking in Thriller days after HIS operations(which he takes credit for) but then said he became "very unatrractive" after this, and believes doctors allowed him to go to far..

BUT THEN LATER IN THE ARTICLE HE BOASTS ABOUT BEING MJs COSMETIC SURGEON FOR 25 YEARS, up until 2002 when he refused to do any more work for him unles he detoxed from drugs. SO IF HE WAS HIS COSMETIC SURGEON UP UNTIL 2002 - isnt he too responsible for mj becoming so "unattractive"

(i think he was always hot by the way )

Classic case of jumping on the pubilcity bandwagon. I'd say.

Everyone wants a peice of Michael now his is dead. Everyone want to be on TV and in the papers spouting about how they did this and how they did that....

Amazing and disgusting that he has to die so all these "doctors" and "friends" can come out
of the wood work and give interviews and advice............too late buddies. Should have come forth with the advice while he was still alive

Very possible that Hoefflin is just craving some spotlight. Don't take everything as the gospel.

However if the article is true how the heck did Hoefflin get in the ambulance? Wouldn't an ambulance have been dispatched ASAP and not picked up any passengers when responding to an emeregncy even if Hoefflin worked at the hopital.

The Sun has a similar story too, saying that Michael was already dead 2 hours before the phonecall because the doctor fell asleep and he made Prince watch him perform CPR to be a witness to him trying to revive his father. The reason he did it on the bed is because he knew Michael was dead already. I don't trust tabloids, but this is certainly interesting and doesn't make things any better for Dr Murray.

If that is true, what a slime in making Michael's son go through someting horrific as that just to cover his own behind :no:

I think what is clear to me is that the LAPD and Coroner's office have been doing a very poor job in controlling the amount of leaking going on. Case in point:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/ap_on_...jackson_coroner
Sat Jul 25, 7:56 am ET
LOS ANGELES – Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators have begun an inquiry into whether coroner's employees illegally leaked or sold private information related to the investigation of Michael Jackson's death.

Investigators spoke to the coroner's office Friday and will handle the inquiry with the district attorney's office, according to sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore. The department was asked to conduct the probe by county supervisors, he said.

"It's an inquiry, not an investigation, and it is very preliminary," Whitmore said. "We've just made a couple of calls. We want to find out if we need to proceed, if this requires an investigation."

On Wednesday the coroner's office said Jackson's death certificate was improperly viewed by at least a half-dozen employees who had no role in investigating the cause of his death.

Improper views of the certificate, which is stored in a state-supervised computer system, is a violation of internal rules, not any laws, Harvey said.

Harvey has said the employees were warned and that no further investigation was needed.

Within two weeks of the entertainer's June 25 death, the certificate had been viewed more than 300 times, according to Harvey. The electronic death registration system can be accessed by anyone with a state-issued password, including employees at coroner's offices, funeral homes, hospitals and county and state registrar's offices.

It seems to me that this has gotten so out of control that the family may have wanted someone who is medically qualified to speak for them. Unless Mrs. Jackson has her attorneys release a statement refuting Hoefflin's claim that he had been authorized to speak for her, then I have to give what he has stated some weight. I can imagine the family being very frustrated -- as we all are, over the time it is taking for the the coroner's office to release the results, as well as the time it has taken for their investigation to turn criminal.

For their part, I think that the authorities want to make sure that they have an iron clad case to present to the DA, especially considering that they got such a late jump on things. If Dr. Klein is involved in this mess in anyway, then it's especially disturbing that he paraded his ass on TV, looking all smug and self-assured, as if to say 'no one is going to get me on anything'.

I believe that Klein is a key player in this mess.

It takes time to build a case against someone so I don't think we will see much against Murray policewise for a while.

Murray should be very worried however.

Don't forget that the Jacksons also influenced by media reports

Katherine was given a list of drugs prescribed to Michael over the years, that doesn't mean he was taking all those drugs at the same time.

There is also a lot of speculation by Dr Hoeflin.

If Prince was present to witness CPR, why did Dr Murray then run off to get a security guard to call 911? He would have sent Prince and stayed performing CPR.

Dr Hoeflin was last with Michael in 1998 and that intervention they talk of in 2002 is awkward because that was the time Bashir was filming, so what intervention?

I think fans are caught in a trap. You are posting articles from newspapers that have been most hostile to Michael in Life

- Daily Mail
- The Sun

What can we expect? Sun's objective from the moment Michael died was to depeict him as heavily drugged. Dr Hoeflin fits in with their agenda.

We should really go with stuff that is proven, not speculation

There is not confirmation as yet of

- Dirpivan
- demerol
- phen phen
and whatever other drug people will come up with.

The only thing we know for sure in the public domain is that the doctor said he pescribed Michael some drugs
He never injected Michael with anything
Dr Klein prescribed Michael with some drugs.

In a few weeks, we will find out what these drugs were and why they were prescribed.

Right now, taking things from Michael haters and publicity-seeking former associates and doctors is not helpful.

Until Dr Muray also gives an interview like Dr Klein, giving his side of the story, fans should hold off jumping on him, because he said he does not know what killed Michael and nothing he prescribed would kill.

We had teh police get 115 search warrants against Michael and he was acquitted. Search warrants mean nothing.

What matters is to await the coroner's full report which should be out in 2 weeks.

All the other drugs will not matter, the only drugs that will matter are those that will be found in Michael's system.

But for those who want to get in a twist with tabloids, carry on.

Look. It's because the coroner's report isn't out that people are speculating and trying to figure this thing out. But don't get it twisted -- not everything that's been said over the last month is a lie or tabloid fodder.

Everyone has to decide their own truth.

I just want to know how diprivan actually works?

Sometimes, depending on which anesthesia that is given to you, the DOCTOR has to wake you up. In other cases, you wake up by YOURSELF after a while due to the amount of anesthesia.

Someone here who actually knows how it works with diprivan? I tried to look it up but can't find any information about this.

Last edited:

Sometimes, depending on which anesthesia that is given to you, the DOCTOR has to wake you up. In other cases, you wake up by YOURSELF after a while due to the amout of anesthesia.

Someone here who actually knows how it works with diprivan? I tried to look it up but can't find any information about this.
Well, I can't honestly say Vici. All I've been told about this drug is that it is to be administered strictly by an anaestheologist during hospital surgical procedures. That means that if anything goes wrong, the person is hooked up to heart monitors and is under oxygen and the drug can be adjusted according to conditions.

Well, I can't honestly say Vici. All I've been told about this drug is that it is to be administered strictly by an anaestheologist during hospital surgical procedures. That means that if anything goes wrong, the person is hooked up to heart monitors and is under oxygen and the drug can be adjusted according to conditions.

Yes I understand that but let us put that aside just for a moment. Let us all assume that the doctor gave Michael diprivan and then fell asleep like this article is claiming.

But IF diprivan is the kind of anesthesia which makes you wake up by yourself after a while, then due to standard process's Michael should have woken up by himself. That's why I think its important if we know how diprivan actually works out and how a person wakes up after recieving it.

Yes I understand that but let us put that aside just for a moment. Let us all assume that the doctor gave Michael diprivan and then fell asleep like this article is claiming.

But IF diprivan is the kind of anesthesia which makes you wake up by yourself after a while, then due to standard process's Michael should have woken up by himself. That's why I think its important if we know how diprivan actually works out and how a person wakes up after recieving it.

Maybe MJ had another (maybe more) drug in his system or maybe the dosage was too much.

Sometimes, depending on which anesthesia that is given to you, the DOCTOR has to wake you up. In other cases, you wake up by YOURSELF after a while due to the amout of anesthesia.

Once the Diprivan drip is stopped, a person will become responsive within a matter of minutes. I'd have to say from 5-20 minutes, and the person is starting to awaken and respond to his/surroundings. It's used extensively for both short term and long term anesthesia (as in being on a ventilator for varying reasons). I had it for a colonoscopy and was awake and sent home within 45 minutes. People can be on it for days, even weeks, and yet still arouse and awaken within a short period of time once the drip is stopped. It's a remarkable drug, but carries with it a critical need for monitoring of heart rate, respiratory rate, O2 saturation, and blood pressure while it is being infused. It does cause respiratory depression depending upon the dose infusing for complete anesthesia, hence the need for continual and stringent monitoring. It can even be used to partially sedate someone, ie, they will be sedated enough to be comfortable/sleep, but arouse to stimulation, if given in just the right dose which is readily determined by the physician/medical staff that continuously monitors their vital statistics and level of consciousness.

Last edited:

Sometimes, depending on which anesthesia that is given to you, the DOCTOR has to wake you up. In other cases, you wake up by YOURSELF after a while due to the amount of anesthesia.

I tried finding information on this and found a couple of things, hope this helps.

Administration of Propofol/Diprivan

• For sedation of intubated, mechanically ventilated adult patients in the intensive care unit DIPRIVAN Injection should be administered only by persons skilled in the management of critically ill patients and trained in cardiovascular resuscitation and airway management.
  • For general anesthesia or monitored anesthesia care DIPRIVAN Injection should be administered only by persons trained in the administration of general anesthesia and not involved in the conduct of the surgical/diagnostic procedure. Patients should be continuously monitored for maintenance of a patient airway, artificial ventilation, and oxygen enrichment and circulatory resuscitation must be immediately available.
I found this on webmd:

Diprivan in Michael Jackson's Medicine Cabinet?

While it may be of no surprise to find out that another fallen star has a wide array of drugs in his medicine cabinet, I was still quite shocked about the reports of Diprivan found in Michael Jackson's home.

If true, I can't think of one reason to have Diprivan -- also called propofol -- in your home.

Diprivan is an injectable drug used to either put someone to sleep before surgery or sedate and keep someone calm on a breathing machine in the hospital.

It's an extremely strong sedative and one that causes unconsciousness and often stops breathing -- that's why it's only given to people on a ventilator breathing machine.

Reports have suggested that Jackson suffered from insomnia but Diprivan is not used (or at least certainly shouldn't be used) to treat insomnia -- or any other medical condition.

Diprivan acts very quickly in the body and also leaves the body very quickly. Someone would lose consciousness within seconds and wake up within 10 to 15 minutes after receiving a shot of Diprivan. In the hospital, a continuous infusion is usually given in the vein and it may take the person an hour or so to awaken.

There have been reports of other drugs in the Jackson home as well, including Demerol and Oxycontin. Both of these are narcotic painkillers and are used to treat severe forms of pain.

Oxycontin has received quite a bit of attention in recent years due to the high rate of reported abuse. More than 12% of 18- to 25- year olds reported using the drug for nonmedical reasons in 2006, according to federal figures.

The particularly troubling thing about all of these drugs in the Michael Jackson case is that they all can slow -- and even stop -- breathing if too much is taken.

It's not known at this point if Diprivan -- or any other drug -- contributed to Jackson's death. However, reports were that he was found not breathing but had a slight pulse. All these drugs could have slowed and potentially stopped breathing, which would have eventually -- within a few minutes -- stopped the heart.

And then if you combine 2 or more of these drugs, the risk of an overdose and death goes exponentially higher. The much awaited toxicology results should be ready in a few weeks and hopefully that will solve the mystery of Jackson's death.

I think what is clear to me is that the LAPD and Coroner's office have been doing a very poor job in controlling the amount of leaking going on. Case in point:

It seems to me that this has gotten so out of control that the family may have wanted someone who is medically qualified to speak for them. Unless Mrs. Jackson has her attorneys release a statement refuting Hoefflin's claim that he had been authorized to speak for her, then I have to give what he has stated some weight. I can imagine the family being very frustrated -- as we all are, over the time it is taking for the the coroner's office to release the results, as well as the time it has taken for their investigation to turn criminal.

For their part, I think that the authorities want to make sure that they have an iron clad case to present to the DA, especially considering that they got such a late jump on things. If Dr. Klein is involved in this mess in anyway, then it's especially disturbing that he paraded his ass on TV, looking all smug and self-assured, as if to say 'no one is going to get me on anything'.

I believe that Klein is a key player in this mess.

Yes, Dr Klein was on televison to try to clean his name and reputation trying to convince the viewers he's a nice guy and his part on this was just ok. He admitted he gave demerol to Mj as if he was trying to sell..."the way he took it's up to him". But the fact was that if it will be proven that he as giving Mj prescription meds using aliases (fake names) he will be prosecuted! I hope him and Murray will go to jail. I'm mad because I could not be more happy to see those two idiots being arrested and using handcufs...:timer:

Once the Diprivan drip is stopped, a person will become responsive within a matter of minutes. I'd have to say from 5-20 minutes, and the person is starting to awaken and respond to his/surroundings. It's used extensively for both short term and long term anesthesia (as in being on a ventilator for varying reasons). I had it for a colonoscopy and was awake and sent home within 45 minutes. People can be on it for days, even weeks, and yet still arouse and awaken within a short period of time once the drip is stopped. It's a remarkable drug, but carries with it a critical need for monitoring of heart rate, respiratory rate, O2 saturation, and blood pressure while it is being infused. It does cause respiratory depression depending upon the dose infusing for complete anesthesia, hence the need for continual and stringent monitoring. It can even be used to partially sedate someone, ie, they will be sedated enough to be comfortable/sleep, but arouse to stimulation, if given in just the right dose which is readily determined by the physician/medical staff that continuously monitors their vital statistics and level of consciousness.

Yes, very well said, and the fact that the tongue it's also a worry for diprivan users because once the person is under anesthesia, the tongue can keep sliding to the throat, blocking the air passage and that could lead to respiratory arrest as well. It's dangerous to use propofol or any other anesthesia, without being assisted by a doctor during the whole procedure, that can take minutes or hours. Using propofol at home without intense respiratory and cardiac assistance, it's suicidal!:(

Last edited:
Yes, Dr Klein was on televison to try to clean his name and reputation trying to convince the viewers he's a nice guy and his part on this was just ok. He admitted he gave demerol to Mj as if he was trying to sell..."the way he took it's up to him". But the fact was that if it will be proven that he as giving Mj prescription meds using aliases (fake names) he will be prosecuted! I hope him and Murray will go to jail. I'm mad because I could not be more happy to see those two idiots being arrested and using handcufs...:timer:
Uh.... he PRESCRIBES a drug to MJ and then says, well, hell, it was up to HIM the way he took it?

Lawd.....:doh::doh::doh:

Originally Posted by bgz
Oh damn. I may have had this drug too for a colonoscopy. And I remember freaking out because I didn't want anyone to put me under. Yeah, they use an IV drip and remember that damn doctor starting the procedure before I was fully out because I could feel that scope going up my ying yang and it was starting to hurt!

This was in a doctor's office with an anesthesiogist and I was hooked to a heart monitor and everything. Dang. I had forgotten about that...

I was out all of about 30 min or so....

I just wanted to share this with you as it relates to Dr. Murray, and several post in this thread: My Husband has a couple of associates who work in Law enforcement and as I've have told a few of you in another thread months ago, we also have Attorney's in our family. Like most of the world, they too have gotten caught up in all the details of Michael's death.

They believe, Michael Jackson was murdered. All of them do, there are no exceptions.( remember, i am speaking about 2 cops and 2 attorney's, the cops are friends, one attorney is my relative and the other attorney is my husbands's relative.)
They all believe Dr. Murray is the Fall-Guy for an eloborate scheme to get rid of MJ in order to take over his Estate and finances and make even more money off of him in death.
They believe BIG money was involved to carry this out.
They are CONFLICTED has to how much Murray knew ahead of time
They believed Michael Jackson was tortured (fresh needle marks in neck: reports)
They do not trust the security guy whose voice we heard on 911 tapes, they believe he knows the players as well
They believe the other drugs were found in the house on purpose to make it look as though Michael Jackson was an addict. I didn't get the impression that any of them believe MJ was.

When the day come for us to see Murray in handcuff's, don't rejoice too soon. That won't be the end. It will be the beginning. The real ugly, dirty, work of uncovering the mastermind(s) and other repsonsible parties will still be at hand.

Last edited:
They all believe Dr. Murray is the Fall-Guy for an eloborate scheme to get rid of MJ in order to take over his Estate and finances and make even more money off of him in death.

I believe that too. He was in need of money and probably had a history of doing shady things and the big money tempted him.

They do not trust the security guy whose voice we heard on 911 tapes, they believe he knows the players are well

He never said MJ's name once during the call and I don't think I have heard anything reported on him except he took some time off to sort things out.

They believe the other drugs were found in the house on purpose to make it look as though Michael Jackson was an addict. I didn't get the impression that any of them believe MJ was.

I remember when I was young and used to read mags about MJ they always said he didn't drink alcohol, soda's etc. He was very strict on what he put in his body. I think I remember him saying he used to fast on Sundays. I think he might have taken medication for his lupus and for pain but not to the extent of being an addict.

They believed Michael Jackson was tortured (fresh needle marks in neck: reports)

OMG! :cry:

I don't think full justice will be served in this case. If Murray takes the fall, all the others involved get off. If he talks and the others go down he might get a lighter sentence in exchange.

What our family members and the 2 cops were saying are things I had already begun to be suspicious of on my own, they just helped to make sense of alot of things for me. I had told my relative who is one of the attorney's how many fans were already posting their suspicions
about AEG. She was not suprised at all that many of us had already started looking in their direction.

What our family members and the 2 cops were saying are things I had already begun to be suspicious of on my own, they just helped to make sense of alot of things for me. I had told my relative who is one of the attorney's how many fans were already posting their suspicions
about AEG. She was not suprised at all that many of us had already started looking in their direction.

Moddie, I find AEG team HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!!! They are very greedy and bad people!!!! They were putting preassure on Michael and in some way or another they killed him. I don't discart the things you mentioned in the post above about Michael being a victim of premeditated crime of murder, because it is possible that he has being, but I prefer to wait a bit to see how the police will conduct things after the toxicology reports are out. I still agree with you 85% on the premeditated murder because no doctor in the world who has a little tiny bit of good sense would use diprivan in a patient at home, especially if this doctor was only a cardiologist and not an anesthesiologist. Either way, or Murray it's a complete FRAUD as a doctor, totally irresponsible and negligent, or HE IS A DANGEROUS PERSON with a premediated crime in his hands, that can have being conducted by a team of money angers.:doh:

Victoria,

It's looking more and more like Murray was the Fall-Guy In Michael's murder. A greedy, incompetent and negliegent fall-guy. He definately has blood on his hands but the most dangerous of them all, would be the ones behind the secnes. They orchestrated the entire thing before and after Michael's death.

Victoria,

It's looking more and more like Murray was the Fall-Guy In Michael's murder. A greedy, incompetent and negliegent fall-guy. He definately has blood on his hands but the most dangerous of them all, would be the ones behind the secnes. They orchestrated the entire thing before and after Michael's death.

Moddie, it would be too naive not to consider premeditated murder as a possibility for this case. Actually after so many tragedies that went on Michael's life, the accusations and lies that he went through in the past, trying to damage his image forever, and ALL BECAUSE OF MONEY, it would be too naive from his fans, family, and the police not to investigate the possibility of a murder plot behind his death. I'm sure the police will find out the truth sooner or later, because they have all the facts in their hands. Maybe at this point the evidences they have will prove that already...:angel:

Mera, thank you for the very accurate info on Propofol (Diprivan)!
I found the information very useful and I'm sure it will help others to understand what that drug it's like. It's very used in hospitals and clinics to sedate a patient when assisted by an anesthesiologist.

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped. :)

Back