Michael Jackson 'left to die on drugs drip after a doctor fell asleep', his plastic surgeon claims

Access Hollywood has now reported on this story:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/former-jack...l_article_20954

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Dr. Steven Hoefflin, a longtime friend and doctor Michael Jackson, has claimed that the King of Pop “had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body” at the time of his death.

In an interview on Thursday with Access Hollywood, Hoefflin, who performed surgery on Jackson after he sustained second and third degree burns while filming his 1984 Pepsi commercial, claimed he was speaking out on the authorization of his late friend’s mother, Katherine Jackson, to put rumors to rest.

Hoefflin claimed he last provided care for Michael in 1998, and participated in a 2002 intervention for the star.

Hoefflin claimed to Access that according to a reliable source of his, Jackson’s toxicology report indicated Michael “had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body” when he died on June 25. Results from the LA Coroner’s official autopsy of Jackson have yet to be publicly released.

Hoefflin claimed that the Demerol came from Dr. Arnold Klein – Michael’s dermatologist – and the Propofol came from Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s personal physician in the weeks before his death.

Further, Hoefflin claimed it was Jackson himself who told him about his heavy drug intake — at the time of his intervention.

“Michael told me Dr. Klein was injecting him with massive amounts of Demerol” in 2002, Hoefflin claimed.

And authorities searched Murray’s Houston office on Wednesday as they looked for what a Murray lawyer described as “evidence… of manslaughter.”

On July 6, Murray’s lawyer stated on his firm’s Web site, “Dr. Murray didn’t prescribe or administer anything that should have killed Michael Jackson.”

When asked by Access if the family planned to “go after” those they believed were involved in Jackson’s death, Hoefflin said they would.

“Of course they are,” he said, adding an additional claim that Klein had given Jackson a number of drugs over the years.

“Dr. Klein is the one who made his face white by using Benoquin, a permanent bleaching agent,” Hoefflin claimed. “[Michael] had Lupus and it was made worse by Dr. Klein’s massive injections of collagen. Patients who have lupus should not have collagen… For many years, Dr. Klein was using the very powerful cortisone Celestine to inject into the deep pimples on Michael’s face and nose – cortisone injections can thin out tissue in the face. I told him that he should not have any further injections… as it was thinning out his face and nose… [And Klein] was prescribing him narcotics under an alias name, Omar Arnold.”

When reached for comment by Access, a spokesperson for Klein released a statement on Thursday, which did not directly address the allegations.

“The Coroner’s Office again confirmed that Dr. Klein is not the subject of the death investigation,” the spokesperson said in Thursday’s statement. “Dr. Klein should not to be cast with the lot of other physicians who may or may not have anything to do with any investigation into the death of Mr. Jackson. The Coroner’s Office has a security hold on the investigation and will not further comment. Dr. Klein is doing the same so as not to jeopardize the integrity of the Coroner’s investigation.

“Dr. Klein has been maligned in the press by sources who have profit making agendas and/or have been paid by media companies who have given them an unfettered public forum in which to spout fiction and innuendo for cash,” the spokesperson continued.

Hoefflin maintained to Access he has not been paid for his interviews — including one in Britain’s The Sun, which ran on Thursday.

A spokesperson for Murray also responded with a statement to Access on Thursday.

“Until we get tangible results, we are not going to respond to someone’s theory about how Michael Jackson died. We don’t know how Michael Jackson died,” the spokesperson stated.

During his interview with Access, Hoefflin said the Jackson family would also go after unofficial biographer Ian Halperin, who just released his new book, “Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson,” earlier this month. Halperin has claimed in his book that the pop star was gay and that greed led to his death.

Hoefflin said fans should “boycott the book and burn it on the street.” Access was unable to immediately reach Halperin for comment.

Denying the gay allegation, Hoefflin, who Michael lived with the doctor during the time surrounding his 1987 album “Bad,” also said he previously took the singer to the Playboy mansion.

“All the time, Michael was commenting on the beautiful women,” he said.

Hoefflin also put down a number of stories circulating about the pop star, including one report that Michael had a hole where his nose should have been.

The LA coroner made an “involuntary error,” Hoefflin said of the report, noting Jackson wore a compressive tape that he used to shape his nose on a nightly basis — not a prosthetic, which he thought may have confused the coroner.

“I believe that the coroner’s office is profoundly competent and did a commendable job in their postmortem examination of Michael Jackson,” he said. “It is my belief that the Los Angeles Coroner has made involuntary errors in their description of the anatomical findings.”

Hoefflin said he has not been questioned by the police, but he’s “sure [he] will be a witness.”

Finally, Hoefflin denied doing the last plastic surgery on Jackson, which he claimed was done by another Beverly Hills plastic surgeon and attended by Klein.

A spokesperson for Jackson family attorney Londell McMillan was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Access.

I have no words right now. None. At all. I can't breathe. This is so messy. Like just really REALLY incredibly messy. My brain is on overload. Since the warrant thing yesterday the information is coming fast and furious now it's so hard to keep up. :(

It's all so all over the place though... I wish there was one person who could just step up and speak on behalf of Katherine and the Jackson family and tell all these other people to just shut up for a second... u know? Like if it's gonna be Hoffelin then let it be him. If it's gonna be McMillan than let it be him. Everyone else needs to shut up for a second for real.

The allegations against Klein though aren't anything new.. he said so himself on Larry King that he gave MJ Demerol and the creams or whatever for his vitiligo. That's nothing new. So now I'm kinda like was it the combo of Demerol and Propofol that did it? UGH! Over. Load.

Last edited:
Access Hollywood has now reported on this story:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/former-jack...l_article_20954

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Dr. Steven Hoefflin, a longtime friend and doctor Michael Jackson, has claimed that the King of Pop “had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body” at the time of his death.

In an interview on Thursday with Access Hollywood, Hoefflin, who performed surgery on Jackson after he sustained second and third degree burns while filming his 1984 Pepsi commercial, claimed he was speaking out on the authorization of his late friend’s mother, Katherine Jackson, to put rumors to rest.

Hoefflin claimed he last provided care for Michael in 1998, and participated in a 2002 intervention for the star.

Hoefflin claimed to Access that according to a reliable source of his, Jackson’s toxicology report indicated Michael “had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body” when he died on June 25. Results from the LA Coroner’s official autopsy of Jackson have yet to be publicly released.

Hoefflin claimed that the Demerol came from Dr. Arnold Klein – Michael’s dermatologist – and the Propofol came from Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s personal physician in the weeks before his death.

Further, Hoefflin claimed it was Jackson himself who told him about his heavy drug intake — at the time of his intervention.

“Michael told me Dr. Klein was injecting him with massive amounts of Demerol” in 2002, Hoefflin claimed.

And authorities searched Murray’s Houston office on Wednesday as they looked for what a Murray lawyer described as “evidence… of manslaughter.”

On July 6, Murray’s lawyer stated on his firm’s Web site, “Dr. Murray didn’t prescribe or administer anything that should have killed Michael Jackson.”

When asked by Access if the family planned to “go after” those they believed were involved in Jackson’s death, Hoefflin said they would.

“Of course they are,” he said, adding an additional claim that Klein had given Jackson a number of drugs over the years.

“Dr. Klein is the one who made his face white by using Benoquin, a permanent bleaching agent,” Hoefflin claimed. “[Michael] had Lupus and it was made worse by Dr. Klein’s massive injections of collagen. Patients who have lupus should not have collagen… For many years, Dr. Klein was using the very powerful cortisone Celestine to inject into the deep pimples on Michael’s face and nose – cortisone injections can thin out tissue in the face. I told him that he should not have any further injections… as it was thinning out his face and nose… [And Klein] was prescribing him narcotics under an alias name, Omar Arnold.”

When reached for comment by Access, a spokesperson for Klein released a statement on Thursday, which did not directly address the allegations.

“The Coroner’s Office again confirmed that Dr. Klein is not the subject of the death investigation,” the spokesperson said in Thursday’s statement. “Dr. Klein should not to be cast with the lot of other physicians who may or may not have anything to do with any investigation into the death of Mr. Jackson. The Coroner’s Office has a security hold on the investigation and will not further comment. Dr. Klein is doing the same so as not to jeopardize the integrity of the Coroner’s investigation.

“Dr. Klein has been maligned in the press by sources who have profit making agendas and/or have been paid by media companies who have given them an unfettered public forum in which to spout fiction and innuendo for cash,” the spokesperson continued.

Hoefflin maintained to Access he has not been paid for his interviews — including one in Britain’s The Sun, which ran on Thursday.

A spokesperson for Murray also responded with a statement to Access on Thursday.

“Until we get tangible results, we are not going to respond to someone’s theory about how Michael Jackson died. We don’t know how Michael Jackson died,” the spokesperson stated.

During his interview with Access, Hoefflin said the Jackson family would also go after unofficial biographer Ian Halperin, who just released his new book, “Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson,” earlier this month. Halperin has claimed in his book that the pop star was gay and that greed led to his death.

Hoefflin said fans should “boycott the book and burn it on the street.” Access was unable to immediately reach Halperin for comment.

Denying the gay allegation, Hoefflin, who Michael lived with the doctor during the time surrounding his 1987 album “Bad,” also said he previously took the singer to the Playboy mansion.

“All the time, Michael was commenting on the beautiful women,” he said.

Hoefflin also put down a number of stories circulating about the pop star, including one report that Michael had a hole where his nose should have been.

The LA coroner made an “involuntary error,” Hoefflin said of the report, noting Jackson wore a compressive tape that he used to shape his nose on a nightly basis — not a prosthetic, which he thought may have confused the coroner.

“I believe that the coroner’s office is profoundly competent and did a commendable job in their postmortem examination of Michael Jackson,” he said. “It is my belief that the Los Angeles Coroner has made involuntary errors in their description of the anatomical findings.”

Hoefflin said he has not been questioned by the police, but he’s “sure [he] will be a witness.”

Finally, Hoefflin denied doing the last plastic surgery on Jackson, which he claimed was done by another Beverly Hills plastic surgeon and attended by Klein.

A spokesperson for Jackson family attorney Londell McMillan was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Access.

Didn't Klein say, "If you took all the pills I gave him in the last year at once, it wouldn't do anything to you".

I am totally speechless and so so so soooo sad:(

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go after Halperin. I am sick of seeing the books in the stores.

My heart goes out most of all to prince,paris,and blanket....they are the ones suffering most....i hope justice is served not just for michael but the children who are suffering through the ordeal.....god bless them all...my prayers are with them

Thank you for this! Justice has to be done for his children, his family, his fans and people who really loved him all around the world...

The fans are important.........the family is important........but more than anything his innocent children, i mean i was a huge fan and i still cry because of his passing, i can only imagine how the kids must feel.....my heart goes out to them....I wish to god i could do more for them

I just want to clarify in case it comes up - vitiligo is NOT a painful disease. You dont actually feel it. I know this, my mother has it and has had it all my life. Ive watched her skin turn incredibly white over time and it is just like your hair going grey. You dont feel it. So painkillers would not be necessary for vitiligo.

I just want to clarify in case it comes up - vitiligo is NOT a painful disease. You dont actually feel it. I know this, my mother has it and has had it all my life. Ive watched her skin turn incredibly white over time and it is just like your hair going grey. You dont feel it. So painkillers would not be necessary for vitiligo.

No. According to the articles above, MJ was complaining of having leg pains.

no they said he used the pain killers starting when the fire inncident happened and he got addicted and he also took them for pain from the plastic surgeries and i guess couple years back he broke his leg and had pain from that and he apparently had a fall and cracked or broke one of the disks in his back.....but i guess they were mainly for his plastic surgery issues

no they said he used the pain killers starting when the fire inncident happened and he got addicted and he also took them for pain from the plastic surgeries and i guess couple years back he broke his leg and had pain from that and he apparently had a fall and cracked or broke one of the disks in his back.....but i guess they were mainly for his plastic surgery issues

I'm not referring to past problems. This plastic surgeon dr. said that MJ was recently complaining of leg pains and that was what the demerol was for this time...

yea they said the leg pain was from the rehearsals irrtating his leg..mainly the issues were with the leg he had broken

I guess either way a plastic surgeon nor a cardiologist should be giving pain medicine for leg pain.....

Actually Doctors administer meds all the time and take advantage of their patients in more ways than patients some time know. But no the Doc was only suppose to find him DEAD after the other Suits Murdered him, so really the Doc did the Job he was hired to do be the scapegoat and be the one found with the Dead Body. He slept all morning while they where injecting Michael with all those Lethal Doses of Drugs and Staging the house with all those other drugs they had gotten over the last year in various bogus name, the good doc only came when it was time for him to come and by then he was pretty well rested I would think, I dont think you are wrong you just got the sequence of events out of order.

This si Soooooooooooooo true!!! I have been a victim of that kind of thing myself. I was given a med that I really didn't need at that time, and the doc only prescribed me with the purpose of making me "feel better". Glad I don't take unecessary doctor's orders because I have medical knowledge. Some doctors can become very dangerous when acting like med (drug) defenders and enablers.

Last edited:
i do too....with all the information comming into play right now and all the "secrets" comming out....doesnt really shock me one bit...

Wait so now Hoefflin has a voice too? He's there all of a sudden and all this stuff is coming out now? Plus this is a tabloid. Why do we even take this seriously now? Are we THAT wrappped up in this madness now?? This is getting weird.

Yea Im pretty caught up with it all....I was a big fan and I wanna know the truth....there are to many deaths that can be prevented and I keep up with it everyday

I have read this over and over and it reads to me that Dr. Kline will walk away from this, it states that the coroner still says he is not a suspect. I don't understand this. If he was the one who prescribed the Demerol. I know it doesn't say he administered it Murray Probably did that along with the propafol. I am just so heart broken. This is all so real now. My mind is is numb.

Let's hope and pray to God that justice will be made to Michael here on earth. Yes, because in heaven I know that God will take care of him better than we ever could!
We don't know if Dr Klein and Dr Murray will get away clean from this. There's a long road ahead and maybe heads will roll...They will certainly try but if evidences will cross their road proving they were providing drugs to MJ under fake names, they will cetainly be prosecuted. I know the family won't let the guilty ones escape that easily from a case like this...

I agree about doctors taking advantage and manipulating the medical system. I have been sent for blood tests before ive been given a travel vaccination to see if i have any immunity. I mean get this, I live in Australia, have never had TYPHOID or HEP A. They sent me for blood tests to see if I have immunity before they would give me a vaccine. That equals more doctors visits to get the results, the vaccine etc. = more money.

I have also been very ill in hospital previously. They gave me a chest x-ray for a stomach problem?? The stomach doesnt show on an x-ray as anything other than a greyish mass. To look at organs you need an ultrasound. The stomach doesnt show on an ultrasound due to the gas in it. To check the stomach they need to insert a camera on a tube!? I was told by the nurses that the doctor had used his quota of ultrasound allowance under medicare (the health system here) but had plenty of quota left on x-rays. The doctors here are given an "allocation" of different types of things that is subsidised for them to prescribe under the public health system each year. When they exceed that quota it reflects on their tax and insurances etc.

Now if this can happen to the public, lord only knows what can happen when you have a wealthy celebrity who is very trusting, or addicted and prepared to pay. Doesnt bear thinking about to be honest! Scary stuff indeed.

This is not the first time I've either heard, read or seen the theory or speculation of Murray possibly falling asleep the night of the 25th of June. Hmmmmmmmm? Certainly can't rule out much at this point, not if the truth is what we are after.

But..I thought that Michael layed down during the afternoon didn't he? Was Dr. Murray also resting in the afternoon...? It just doesn't make any sense.

And yes Victoria, my heart goes out to you too. I still have problems getting to sleep at night and I often if wake up and my brain starts racing again and the tears are just underneath the surface. When I'm alone, the loss kicks in. The feelings of regret and loss play over and over in my mind. This is just so unreal, and so painful. It literally haunts me. God...

really I am surprised you haven't heard this about Murray.....I have been yelling about it for about 3 weeks now. Its just all so sad. Poor katherine.......it is hard when a mother has to bury a child. The pain in never ending.... Also i dont really know how much i would believe the Sun , isnt that magazine located in London and they spoke all the crap about Michael jsut before a;ll this happened. If this is the same magazine that I read headlines from them they print lies. Who knows.. although I have heard the part about Muray falling alseep on a few different occasions

hell, he may have been taking an iv drip too, who the hell knows what that pri*k was up to. And what was he doing with phentermine, that sh!t is banned too! *sigh* falling asleep my ass....reckless. Why is he still practicing in Las Vegas??? Can someone tell me WHY?!!!

^^^wow that's really scary PYT. I've heard of abuses like that in teh State, too. My mom's a nurse and some of the stories are just horrible, especially since the doctors think they can git away wit it.

With all these stories coming out I just keep thinging of how glad i am that he's in peace finally and doesn't have to put up with the garbage anymore.

Very possible that Hoefflin is just craving some spotlight. Don't take everything as the gospel.

Back