Michael Jackson - 'Loving You' Next Single Rumors

Zakk

Proud Member
Reported by Kevin Hughes on his Twitter account, he rumors that 'Loving You' will be the next single released from the UK Number One Album, 'Xscape' on the 11th of August. I don't know if this is true, as it isn't confirmed but he does work in media and at Heart FM + Capital FM. Always interesting. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So the next single from Michael Jackson's No. 1 album XSCAPE will be Loving You. August 11th UK. Originally recorded during Bad sessions 87.</p>&mdash; Kevin Hughes (@Popprince) <a href="https://twitter.com/Popprince/statuses/483657442593865728">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That would be Cool !!! :yes: totally love this song :heart: :heart: :heart:

As do i, greatest song i have ever heard by Michael. That is me being honest, his vocal performance is flawless! he exudes his genius soiree. Pure, simplistic magic.

I love this song but I think this is a big mistake if true. First, it is too late as the album is losing momentum. Second, they should go with a more upbeat song like APWNN or Chicago. I could be wrong, but it seems that this song was not one of the top choices in fan polls regarding which song should be released next. Moreover, it has not performed as well as some of the other non released songs on iTunes

Releasing two ballands and having planned 3 singles is kinda lame.

I expected the least 2 singles to be up-tempo songs. Chicago and APWNN.

Releasing two ballands and having planned 3 singles is kinda lame.

I expected the last 2 singles to be up-tempo songs. Chicago and APWNN.

If this is true, we can definitely expect another tribute video instead of some sort of story book concept which songs like APWNN or Chicago would lend themselves to. Honestly, it seems like they are throwing in the towel on this one and taking the easy route instead of trying to push to the next level. I can't believe that Sony invested so much money in the last contract only to take this very cautious approach. Sometimes you need to spend money to make money

Xscape gotta be 3rd single. Lovin You is an incredible track and again throws back to the "peak" of MJs career as the public believe so yes I think this is a great single. Let's get some promotion going again!

Xscape gotta be 3rd single. Lovin You is an incredible track and again throws back to the "peak" of MJs career as the public believe so yes I think this is a great single. Let's get some promotion going again!

Love the song but I think it will really struggle to get airplay. Given that LNFSG struggled in many formats even with JT's popularity, I fear it will be even worse for this song

Nooo they're making a huge mistake, it shouldnt be two midtempo songs in a row. It should be APWNN, Chicago, or Blue Gangsta. Loving You is a good song but not relevant enough

11th of August???

They are crazy!

Also two worst songs from the album as the first 2 singles! Only in Michael Jackson/Sony world. Bravo L.A. Reid!!!

Not that they are bad songs but the other 6 are billion times better. With Slave and Chicago.. and APWNN.. and Xscape!!! They are releasing this??

its a brilliant track. i love it. very much.

but i hate ...

- they are throwing out all the 80s tracks as singles (LNFSG, Loving you)
- they are ignoring post 90s MJ, like always.
- a strong up beat single is needed. APWNN!! (or Xscape). NOW and not that late...

i would have prefered Chicago over loving you. cause its more recent. i want mikes recent work to be released. but hey, MJ was only present in the 80s it seems...

i am speechless.

Also August 11th UK?? Album is out of Top 10 in almost every country and LNFSG is almost out of Top 40 in US and Top 20 in UK!

That is too late. They are mad! They ****ed up again! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Since Thriller, Michael Jackson's singles have mainly been released 3 months apart each time.
Lovin' You is basically designed for the chart and radio. I would like to see an extended duet with another artist, but we'll see.
Mainstream listeners wouldn't listen to Chicago, despite it being a good song, it doesn't sound hit/radio worthy.
Stop getting mad, they have it under control.

Onir, there's no need to be offensive on Twitter. Everyone I know said that Love Never Felt So Good, Lovin' You and Slave To The Rhythm are the strongest. They are in the public.

Last edited:
Since Thriller, Michael Jackson's singles have mainly been released 3 weeks apart each time.
Lovin' You is basically designed for the chart and radio. I would like to see an extended duet with another artist, but we'll see.
Mainstream listeners wouldn't listen to Chicago, despite it being a good song, it doesn't sound hit/radio worthy.
Stop getting mad, they have it under control.

1.5. & 11.8. are not 3 weeks apart. Or you mean 3 months? But that was while MJ was alive. He was performing the songs, doing short films. They are doing NOTHING since Billboard awards! They don't have it under control. At all!

What about A Place With No Name, or Slave. People are loving Slave since Xperia ad! They loved the "hologram" performance.

To me this is like: we gave up promoting this album because it sold a lot less than we were planning, we'll release one more redio single (like they released The Way You Love Me in 2011) and that is it.

Nothing confirmed
No video information
No information really

Why get so defensive over it when we know so little? It's a great song. Just enjoy the music, we got the #1 album MJs singles rarely did well anyway after Thriller so it's not a big deal to me.

I really hate Sony. Not because of the bullshit conspiracy theories and catalog fights. I hate them because of the situations like this. I truly believe that they don't love Michael.

I really hate Sony. Not because of the bullshit conspiracy theories and catalog fights. I hate them because of the situations like this. I truly believe that they don't love Michael.

Please report there horrible crime to the Music Police, for there disgusting release of a single. Yeah! How dare they release the second best track on the album, one that everyone will find catchy and like, how ****ing dare they. Disgusting right?! They must hate Michael. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvwfvTcNl0

Please report there horrible crime to the Music Police, for there disgusting release of a single. Yeah! How dare they release the second best track on the album, one that everyone will find catchy and like, how ****ing dare they. Disgusting right?! They must hate Michael. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvwfvTcNl0

Second best track? In what universe? You mean second worst? Also the one with the worst lyrics (not counting LNFSG because it doesn't even have the full lyrics).

Also August 11th UK?? Album is out of Top 10 in almost every country and LNFSG is almost out of Top 40 in US and Top 20 in UK!

That is too late. They are mad! They ****ed up again! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I agree with you that 11 Aug is far too late given the current sales trend for the album. However, I don't think this is one of the worst songs on the album. I think it is one of the best. Still, it should not be the next single, especially following LNFSG. Maybe the 4th single but definitely not the second given the other more upbeat choices. Sometimes the song which a hardcore fan may feel is the "best" song on a particular is not released in favour of other songs which may be more appealing to the general public. These songs are hidden gems for fans who buy the album to enjoy. I think this could be the case for this song which I adore.

Last edited:
Firstly, Loving you is not shit.. as some fans are saying which completely irritates me. Also, this information is not confirmed. It's an early teaser. While i agree with you all that 11th August is much too late, we should not take this as set in stone info! tbh, Slave To The Rhythm should be released as the next single ASAP. Then in early 2015, Release unseen visual material... don't just focus on one project for much too long and fail at helping sales. We'll see.

Why satisfy with Top 40 hit when we can have multiple number one singles? (of course with proper promotion and decent, not low budget tribute music videos but great big budget short films). Why satisfy with mediocrity? Are we Michael Jackson fans or ..?

Loving You is great song, better than everything else out there (not much of competition with Katy Perry, Rihanna & Miley!). But on the album with songs like APWNN, Slave, Xscape and Chicago.. it's not single material. It's a filler. Definitely not "shit", as some apparently called it.

Why satisfy with Top 40 hit when we can have multiple number one singles? (of course with proper promotion and decent, not low budget tribute music videos but great big budget short films). Why satisfy with mediocrity? Are we Michael Jackson fans or ..?

Do not question, who are fans and who aren't. You saying that 'Loving You' is the second worst song on the album, is completely unjustified.. Michael's voice on that track is unlike anything else we've heard from his range of styles before. Pure magic.

Do not question, who are fans and who aren't. You saying that 'Loving You' is the second worst song on the album, is completely unjustified.. Michael's voice on that track is unlike anything else we've heard from his range of styles before. Pure magic.

I'm not talking about the fans. To us even MJ Demos are great. I'm talking about the world. The world could have MJ on top instead of in Top 40 with poor tribute videos and songs with not so good lyrics.

It is the second worst. Is that an insult? Absolutely no. That is a huge compliment to the album. Is an insult to call Girlfriend the worst song on OTW or The Girl Is Mine on Thriller?

Also re-read my post. I never mentioned "who are fans and who aren't".

Why satisfy with mediocrity (Top 40, low budget videos...)

Are we Michael Jackson fans or Miley Cyrus for example.

the point is, the album needs more attention. if they release apwnn in July and loving you in August, then i would be ok.

but loving you is a filler, compared to the tracks we have on xscape. the other tracks are just too strong.

the casual listener would think 'oh another mid tempo love song, this guy has always the same old music' (alot think like that)

the point is, the album needs more attention. if they release apwnn in July and loving you in August, then i would be ok.

but loving you is a filler, compared to the tracks we have on xscape. the other tracks are just too strong.

the casual listener would think 'oh another mid tempo love song, this guy has always the same old music' (alot think like that)

Agreed!

2nd should be APWNN. I don't even like the song that much. But it is a HIT. I adore Chicago, Slave and Xscape. I agree that Xscape and Chicago are not that radio friendly, but APWNN and Slave?? Come on..

2. APWNN (July)
3. Slave
4. Loving You (for the radio).

Lovin You is real catchy in my opinion. Music is subjective. It would be stupid to say oh they won't like this, when most of us were pretty damn wrong about Love Never Felt So Good which has ended up charting better than the album overall.

Back