Michael Jackson - 'Loving You' Next Single Rumors

I thought fans were to choose the second single. If this is true, fans will not be needed to make that choice. I truly hope the phrase "August moon" was not part of the reasoning if this will indeed be the second single.

I also think that they may have planned initially to release Slave as a second single with the hologram in the video (it's mentioned in the court docs that they may use it in a video), but after the negative feedback from fans they probably scrapped it and had to come up with something else.

The streams of VV at the Billboard Award was the primary reason STTR entering Billboard's charts. It was that positive feedback from fans and those in the general public who helped as per the Online Team's statement.

Too bad he is pushing for Michael's song??? What??

Agreed...what?

I really thought next single would be Chicago or APWNN

Hmm I was really hoping for the second single to be APWNN. Especially since my friend (and she isn't a fan of MJ) exclusively mailed me how she thinks APWNN is awesome. I made another friend listen to Chicago and APWNN, and even she liked them both but reacted strongly to APWNN (she loved that even more). Just like LNFSG, "Loving You" also gets a warm response. Its a neutral decision for the album to perform decently in the charts. Still I feel Chicago or APWNN would have been a better choice. Since a lot of people like these two songs.

Some people go abit all out when someone starts a rumor and twitter of all places, and act like its the gospel.
Calm down i'm sure the Estate have got everything planned and covered as far as releasing more singles and promotion material from the album.
One thing is for sure is that they are not sitting in the office twiddling their fingers wondering what to do next.
When they put plans together for Xscape i'm almost certain they would have a long term plan.

Too bad he is pushing for Michael's song??? What??

What did I say wrong? Slave To The Rhythm is better song than Loving You. Human Nature is better song than The Girl Is Mine. Rock With You, Thriller, Man In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone are better than some songs MJ wrote.

In your opinion...

Of course. Everything I write is my opinion. The same goes for you and everyone else. Still I didn't say anything bad. LA Reid is pushing for a release of Michael's song instead of his own. Too bad.

It feels like the LNFSG discussion all over again. You guys said the exact same thing. That LNFSG was not strong enough and that they must hate Michael if that's their single choice. Well, you weren't exactly right. And please, don't act like it's the end of the world or the promotion. Singles are not scheduled like "the stronger the track, the sooner it should be released". I think APWNN can be VERY succesful, more than "Loving You" but it's not like it's now or never. Maybe they plan another single on a stronger sales time? Say around the holidays, release the strongest song they got and have everybody talking about "Xscape" again and get more sales when people are out shopping.

Having listened to the whole album over and over when I first bought it, and not hearing it for a couple of weeks now, I have to say I can't even remember what Loving You goes like! Needless to say, I didn't find it catchy, it's not my favourite, but then, I'm very old... maybe past my soppy love song days!

Of course. Everything I write is my opinion. The same goes for you and everyone else. Still I didn't say anything bad. LA Reid is pushing for a release of Michael's song instead of his own. Too bad.

If you think Loving You is not a strong track I don't know what you see in STTR. I think it's a very generic song. APWNN, Chicago and Xscape would be better as singles IMO.

I have nothing against Loving You but think that this straight after LNFSG is misrepresenting the whole album a little. Something a bit more up tempo would show off the variety of styles. As I say I've nothing against LY but if they are only releasing 3 singles IMO it is a wasted opportunity. However whatever the next single is I hope that they release it as an EP on itunes with some extra stuff (accapella or remixes for instance).

I have nothing against Loving You but think that this straight after LNFSG is misrepresenting the whole album a little. Something a bit more up tempo would show off the variety of styles. As I say I've nothing against LY but if they are only releasing 3 singles IMO it is a wasted opportunity. However whatever the next single is I hope that they release it as an EP on itunes with some extra stuff (accapella or remixes for instance).

Good point. I wanted Loving You as a single but as a follow-up to Love Never Felt So Good it probably doesn't demonstrate variety as well as other songs could. Perhaps a more contemporary-sounding song would do better as the second single.

Despite that, Loving You is a great song. It's very radio-friendly with it's pretty melody and hooky chorus. It's a shame that it is being released in August when a lot of the momentum may have disappeared.

nobody will care in August. so it's over now with the promotion.

The streams of VV at the Billboard Award was the primary reason STTR entering Billboard's charts. It was that positive feedback from fans and those in the general public who helped as per the Online Team's statement.

True, but the hard-core fans mostly gave it negative feedback and with this project it seems they've been trying to please both fans and public, so my guess it they scrapped the idea of a STTR single/video.

Pez Dann @Pezdann · 7 h.

Estate's answer about the next single "Nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed"

No. It probably will still be the second single, you all said this about Love Never Felt So Good, continue with the rumours for now.

This song as the second single is a good idea. This track is very radio friendly.

serendipity;4025705 said:
True, but the hard-core fans mostly gave it negative feedback and with this project it seems they've been trying to please both fans and public, so my guess it they scrapped the idea of a STTR single/video.

STTR was not an official single and VV’s performance was not an official video however, STTR charted as a single primarily because the VV performance was utilized as its video and many were encouraged to stream it. The idea to use STTR and VV to promote Xscape was not scrapped. Whether the idea was successful or not is subjective.

Paris78;4025737 said:
Pez Dann @Pezdann · 7 h.

Estate's answer about the next single "Nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed"

Meh.

Can i say it is my FAVORITE in the album?And nearly all of my friends talked about it throughout June(it even change some of the "prejudice"about Michael.Well,can we see a"real michael"in the video like the one dancing on the billboard stage???Looking forward it!

Tygger;4025814 said:
STTR was not an official single and VV’s performance was not an official video however, STTR charted as a single primarily because the VV performance was utilized as its video and many were encouraged to stream it. The idea to use STTR and VV to promote Xscape was not scrapped. Whether the idea was successful or not is subjective.

Well I'm obviously talking about STTR being released as an official second single and the hologram possibly being used to create an official music video. And now we learn that a DJ in Hong Kong has received an official CD single of STTR, which may support my theory. But it's just a theory, so we should agree to disagree, it ain't such a big thing.

Wasn't there 3 month between the HMH and HT single release?

Anyway, they shouldn't take another "Love"-Track as a second single. So lame.

Wasn't there 3 month between the HMH and HT single release?

Anyway, they shouldn't take another "Love"-Track as a second single. So lame.

3rd one should be then She Was LOVING Me! :D

Loving You is my favorite song on the album - BUT not a very smart single choice IMO. - Not after LNFSG.

LY will not be played in bars, clubs or discos. - maybe radio, but not more than an up-tempo song would.

I really hope we will get more than 3 singles!! - APWNN, DYKWYCA and STTR needs to be released as singles!!

Really I do not understand why they do not release all 8 songs as singles... - It does not cost them money does it? Quite contrary they make money from iTunes sales and it will promote the album so Xscape will sell better too.

Why not just release every song as a single ???

My opinion:

2nd - APWNN - July
3rd - Loving You - September
4th - Slave - November
5th - Chicago - February 2015

New single every 2 months. With decent short film of course, remixes and maybe even guest vocalists or featurings from rappers like Jay-Z.

Back