Michael Jackson - 'Loving You' Next Single Rumors

Maybe a mod can change the tread-title to radio/bridging-single.

If this does not count as one of the 3 singles they will release I am happy.

So LNFSG is the first single (obviously) with video and great radioplay.

Loving You is not a single but a bridge single (never heard of that before!) so it will be given to radios so they can play it while we wait for the next songle which will then be the second single!

Hope STTR or APWNN will be the second single with video and everything heavy radio promotion etc. - then after the second single another bridge single could be given to the radio - maybe Chicago or Xscape.

Then the 3rd single - hope for Xscape og BG also with video and everything. - then another bridge single. - and then I still hope for a 4th single! (if a bridge single does very well it could/should have a real single release and a video.

Xscape
Album · 1,982 Likes· 2 hrs · ..Michael Jackson's 'Loving You' has been officially released to radio stations worldwide as a bridging single.
Sony Music and the estate of Michael Jackson will soon issue the official single accompanied by a music video on VEVO.

@Zakk or a other member. Can you give please a link from the page it was postet?

The only thing we can hope for is that Loving You is going to be overrated by the (American) public, like they did with YANA. Don't get me wrong I like YANA but it is pretty much overrated. But you won't hear me complaining 'cause YANA reached #1.

I'll never understand how You Are Not Alone is more popular than They Don't Care About Us, Earth Song and Stranger In Moscow. Guess the general public prefers harmless love songs that don't make them think

I just hope that the title track is a single at some point. It's too good to be ignored, and it's a perfect dance floor filler

I just hope that the title track is a single at some point. It's too good to be ignored, and it's a perfect dance floor filler

I think it will be APWNN then Xscape and with that the Xscape campaign finishes.

I think it will be APWNN then Xscape and with that the Xscape campaign finishes.

I wish that'll happen, but sadly I can see them releasing Slave To The Rhythm as the 3rd and final single. I got nothing against that song, but IMO there are better songs (like the title track) that deserve more attention

That would be a good run of songs. They should definitely release the title track at some point.

It's a shame that Loving You has been relegated to a 'bridging single' but at least it'll be heard. The worrying part is that it's due 11th August, so when should we expect the real second single?

They never said that Loving You is not 2nd official single. I think they will release it to radios now and then on 11.8. it will be released on VEVO and iTunes.

They never said that Loving You is not 2nd official single. I think they will release it to radios now and then on 11.8. it will be released on VEVO and iTunes.

They called it "bridging single". That does not sound like an official single.

They say it. Loving You is a worldwide bridging-single/radio single before the soon upcoming offical next single-relase with a accompanied video release.

Sony Music and the estate of Michael Jackson will soon issue the official single accompanied by a music video on VEVO.

They called it "bridging single". That does not sound like an official single.

I know, but it still can become official. I understood that bridging part like radio single. For now, until they shoot the video. But I may be wrong.

They say it. Loving You is a worldwide bridging-single/radio single before the soon upcoming offical next single-relase with a accompanied video release.

Yeah, and nowhere says that Loving You is not that "official single accompanied by a music video on VEVO". Radio for now, VEVO and iTunes 11.8.

For now, until they shoot the video. But I may be wrong.

The video shoot refers to the next official single-release, which they will release soon. Otherwise it didn`t make sense to call "Loving you" a bridging single.

Last edited:
Yeah, and nowhere says that Loving You is not that "official single accompanied by a music video on VEVO". Radio for now, VEVO and iTunes 11.8.

No one ever from an official source said that Loving You will be the next official single accompanied by a music video on VEVO. The topic of this thread was always just speculation by fans based on a single tweet, not some official information.

That would be a good run of songs. They should definitely release the title track at some point.

It's a shame that Loving You has been relegated to a 'bridging single' but at least it'll be heard. The worrying part is that it's due 11th August, so when should we expect the real second single?

"As of today, the bridging single was released. Later in August the official single will be issued accompanied with a music video on MJ's VEVO channel." - Xscape page admin.

"As of today, the bridging single was released. Later in August the official single will be issued accompanied with a music video on MJ's VEVO channel." - Xscape page admin.

And how is that "XSCAPE page admin" a credible source?

Well that makes a lot more sense and it's actually a great idea! I knew there's no need for drama. Hopefully Loving You will be able to keep the album sales relatively stable until the official video arrives next month.

That FB page is not an official page.
vylftj.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...23.1073741829.1469488853280196&type=1&theater

The idea of releasing Loving You as a bridge single between the two real singles is great really.

But I do not understand - has LY already been given to radios or will it first be given 11.08 ?? or will the next real single be released 11.08 ??

I just hope LY will be played a lot on the radio !! It's actually a good radio song.

Actually, after learning this new term bridging single, one might be able to consider STTR one. Monies were spent on the whatever happened at Billboard but, it was in the effort to promote Xscape and not necessarily STTR as a single. The resulting video was a byproduct resulting in STTR charting. It seems the decision by Estate/Sony (not fans) was to not spend anymore monies specifically on STTR after that.

Apparently STTR will be the bridging single in Asia.

Apologies but, I believe LY and any other track on Xscape deserves more than this. If this is to be believed, the song is just being release with no monies behind it to promote it and Estate/Sony is just hoping for the best. With no video it will not benefit from streams to chart as STTR did.

This is disappointing.

It's just a buzz single, almost every artist these days releases buzz singles to radio. This way more songs from the album get exposure/airplay. They can't promote every song on the album, but this way they can give more songs exposure. It's actually a great idea IMO.

But IF, and I mean IF, Loving You will be #1 will that count as well since it is not going to be issued as a single from XSCAPE?

Yes, it will count (although that's not very likely).

Just a reminder: Butterflies was a bridge single for Invincible. Hopefully LY will chart on R/B charts on the strength of Michael's vocals and Timbaland's mix.

Apparently STTR will be the bridging single in Asia.

???

It did what it was going to do in U.S.

bridging singles = good idea.
LY deserved a single release more than LNFSG, so its ok going this way. (and its very radio friendly)

iam hoping for APWNN and Xscape as real singles.
between those too, use Chicago/BG as bridging single.

LNFSG peaked in US. We should start requesting Loving You.

its a brilliant track. i love it. very much.

but i hate ...

- they are throwing out all the 80s tracks as singles (LNFSG, Loving you)
- they are ignoring post 90s MJ, like always.
- a strong up beat single is needed. APWNN!! (or Xscape). NOW and not that late...

i would have prefered Chicago over loving you. cause its more recent. i want mikes recent work to be released. but hey, MJ was only present in the 80s it seems...

i am speechless.

THIS.

I love Loving You, but it's really annoying that they think that only his old 80's songs can stand a chance...

OnirMJ;4026546 said:
That was the original promotion plan that Sony exec. showed to fans after Xscape listening party?
Sony didnt give any exact promotional plans except to say they would be promoting through out the whole year with a network to help world wide and LNFSG would be the 1st single .. Xscape is still doing exceptionally well for a posthumous release. Very well. it will continue to go up and down a bit but still stay in the running IMO

I like to stay positive and be patient .. we will get 2nd single in a month (good for MJ birthday celebration) and I think a 3rd single at end of the year to promote holiday sales. ..
the album continues to sell at a steady rate. 15,000 copies were sold in the U.S. both this week and last, with 25,000 copies per week being sold in the two weeks before that. The album, which is currently in its eighth week on the market, is yet to drop out of the Top 20 on the Billboard 200 albums chart and has sold 339,000 copies there in total. The album’s worldwide sales figures currently stand at 1 million copies sold.

If the album can maintain its presence on the charts for 6-8 more weeks, the second single may well inject a new lease of life into its sales figures

"The album, which is currently in its eighth week on the market"

"If the album can maintain its presence on the charts for 6-8 more weeks"

Impossible without any promotion. 11.8. is too late for 2nd single. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't understand the music industry anymore-I would have thought STTR would have received lots of airplay after the Billboard performance-but I just barely started hearing LNFSG this week on regular play on the radio. And I'm requesting it. But I may not be listening to the right stations-I'm not the music buying demographic anymore 15 to 35 years old. I'm an old vinyl person.

On another note, while I was reading this someone mentioned making "Loving You" into a duet with somebody like Beyonce-and then reading that people would think Michael couldn't have a hit of his own. I disagree-I think that's really a great idea-especially somebody like Beyonce-who loves Michael and to me, would only be seen made out of pure love and respect to honor him.
Like back in the day, when Michael did the duet "I'm in Love Again" with Minnie Ripperton-after her death. It was absolutely beautiful-and one of my favorite songs. It is just gorgeous.

I really think Loving You should had been the first single instead of LNFSG. Michael's performce is stronger and Timbo's music is catchier. If true it'll be the second release, I hope Sony doesn't impose a duet version, yeah JT helped to be successful but I wish this time Mike has a hit on his own.

LNFSG peaked in US. We should start requesting Loving You.

I agree. Without a video or ITunes banner adds, LY will need our help to get started on radio.

Could everyone please donate 15 minutes of your time today to request the song on US radio? It is super easy to do. There is a link in the first post of the "Have you requested Michael on radio today" thread. All you have to do is to enter the song at the bottom of the radio station page, your name and the code that is provided. You do not have to enter any other information. To save time, you can select and copy the song in your first request and paste it in all of your subsequent requests. It's that simple. After completing your request perhaps you can leave a comment in the "Have you requested Michael on radio today" thread to help motivate others to do the same. 15 minutes is all we ask.

UPDATE: I just requested LY and LNFSG on 75 Urban AC stations in the US

Last edited:
Back