Michael Jackson Makes Chart History With 29th U.s. Top 10 Hit!!!!

Ankita

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Makes Chart History With 29th U.s. Top 10 Hit
by WENN | 22 May 2014

Michael Jackson has made pop chart history in America from beyond the grave by becoming the only solo artist to score top 10 hits in five successive decades.

The King of Pop's Love Never Felt So Good duet with Justin Timberlake rockets into the Billboard Hot 100 top 10 at number nine, giving Jackson an unmatched feat.

The new hit is the late superstar's 29th top 10 - he scored his first in November, 1971, when Got to Be There landed at number nine on the countdown. In total, he has spent a record-breaking 42 weeks in the Hot 100 top 10.

His latest chart feat comes just days after Jackson appeared in hologram form for a show-stopping spectacle at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday (18May14).

Source: www.contactmusic.com

:clap::woohoo::dancin::bow::cheers:

If URMW was released as CD single,MJ would've had #1 in all decades.

^^^
MJ's record is even more impressive if we analyze his entire career. As a member of The Jackson 5 Michael Jackson scored his first Top 10 hit on Billboard Hot 100 with "I Want You Back" in December 1969, therefore Michael Jackson scored Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in a six successive decades! :bow:

By the way, as a solo artist, in 2011 with "Hold My Hand" Michael Jackson broke the record of the longest span of Top 40 hits on Billboard Hot 100 - 39 years and 2 months, previous record was held by Santana - 38 years and 1 month, and now with "Love Never Felt So Good" MJ improved that own record of the longest span of Top 40 hits in the Hot 100's history. New record is now 42 years, 6 months and 3 weeks. :)

Top 10 for LNFSG, thats great!

We all can agree, that Justin has nothing to do with it. I really mean it. its great song. ok, Timbaland made a contribution.
i think it will hit top 3 in dance chartst.

To be honest, I never thought MJ would be in the top 10 again. The Billboard Hot 100 is usually exclusively meant for new acts, especially the top 10... it's quite rare for an older artist who isn't even alive to have a song in this chart. I am very impressed. This is the first official top 10 for Michael since 2001. (13 years!!) So Xscape didn't hit #1... what can you do :( At least it helps the pain a little by reading positive results for the single. Plus breaking two records is amazing.

Back