Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

Re: Michael Jackson Scream - Just Another Compilation Album

In fact. I'm off.

Enjoy your negativity.

The world is full of people who do not share your opinion. The faster you'll accept this, the easier your life will be.

SmoothMJ;4205689 said:
The same people 'coming out of their graves', after years some of them, to waste their time, and ours, with the same old negativity.

Do us a favour. Tell us you're jot buying it, and then disappear for another year or three. You bring nothing to the party.

I do understand the negativity. I really wasn't keen on the 'chalk' release! (Still bought it though). It's inevitable that we all have different preferences, but it would be nice for the people who DO want this release to be able to enjoy it, without having a torrent of cold water poured over every post. I think saying 'I don't like it / won't buy it' maybe twice (each) is enough??? I'm sad that the 'breaking' has disappeared from the header, as it feels discouraging to fans who want to post positively. The Estate seems to have put together a 'holiday' compilation which will be good for parties and events for years to come. Yes if you have itunes / spotify you can do the same yourselves. But not everyone in the world wants or has these. (I don't). I'll probably buy both versions for the artwork and the music. It might cost me ....ooooh £35. Probably the cost that many people might spend on a night out or a birthday meal. I'm lucky that I can still make such an extravagant purchase and be able to afford the other things I need. I'm sad that in order to enjoy the purchase and the anticipation, I might have to stay away from this thread :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The album will be available in two physical formats, CD and glow-in-dark vinyl (available October 27) each containing a poster unique to the format. Fittingly, the poster and cover art conceal the first ever AR (augmented reality) experience created for a Michael Jackson project.

What is that AR augmented reality?

I think it might be the same as was tried by the 'Opus'. You get a card with some 'camera readable code' on it, and hold it up to the stated website, to see pictures on your screen?

It didn't seem to work for 'Opus'.....

Edit: On the other hand...I've found this (fan made) augmented reality clip on Youtube. it seems to play the fan made artwork against your current surroundings as captured in your camera, so maybe it's something like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MbGPPWX-lK4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGPPWX-lK4

Last edited:

Some of the negativity is astonishing. Like fans accusing the Estate of being money hungry. Well they are a freaking business so of course they are money hungry. Of course they are looking to make money of this project. Can you blame them? That's what every business does.

Then some fans are questioning why are they targeting the younger fans when they don't even buy CDs anymore? Lol are you guys still living in the 80s? Most people stream nowadays and streaming is counted towards chart positions. All artists except Adele, Taylor Swift & maybe a couple more only have a career because of streaming. Just because the sales are low, it doesn't mean the music isn't reaching a new audience because like I said, most people tend to stream nowadays.

And please for the love of God, stop beating the Dangerous 25 drum. Yeah we are all disappointed that it didn't happen but MOVE ON already.

Last edited:

You're free of not supporting a product you don't like as much as you want but what pisses me off is the the negativity spread all over. Not everything has to be targeted to the hard core fans, the estate is aiming to attract new younger fans to keep the interest in Michael going. We won't be here forever.

So we're "wasting" our cash, if we buy it?

You disappoint me with this attitude. Keep it up and you'll lose posters on here. This place would be dead if you didn't have the positive posters. The negative ones only post every year or three!

At what point did I say you would be wasting your cash???? I'm talking about myself, and like I give a hoot what you think about my opinion, like it or lump it I'm entitled to it.

Ohhh and clearly you know jack shit about me, for one I don't ever base my 'personal' opinion on how many posters I do and do not have here, I think that's pretty clear for all who know me.

I get why people are annoyed at a compilation album.. But I personally put more energy on what is NOT being released than what is being re-released.. This has some cool art that they could have saved for something bigger.. maybe even as a new cover of GHOSTS.. whatever the case, I'll enjoy the artwork, not buy the album and keep waiting on something I don't have.. NEXT!

Expanding on my stance on this, clearly this project is not aimed at me as each and every one of these songs I have listened to over and over for decades, so I will do the thing best for me and leave this to those new to discover Michael and his music.

At what point did I say you would be wasting your cash???? I'm talking about myself, and like I give a hoot what you think about my opinion, like it or lump it I'm entitled to it.

Ohhh and clearly you know jack shit about me, for one I don't ever base my 'personal' opinion on how many posters I do and do not have here, I think that's pretty clear for all who know me.
Why are you being so aggressively nasty? You changed the thread title based on your own opinion. Why not just keep it neutral? And please don't attack me Gaz, I'm just asking.

Why are you being so aggressively nasty? You changed the thread title based on your own opinion. Why not just keep it neutral? And please don't attack me Gaz, I'm just asking.

I wasn't being agressively nasty until this twerp came jumping on me for nothing more than my own personal opinion which I am entitled to, and no I changed the title based on facts (since amended it slightly again) which this is just another repackaged compilation of already released MJ music.

Of course if your loving this and excited for it then that's cool, just becuase I don't share that does not make me a bad person, it's just my own personal opinion - ''tis all (y)

Advert just shown during corrie ad break in the uk. One of the most watched uk shows.shame its only for a comp album though when less intrested fans look into it further

Saw a post in a german forum. There was allready a advertising in German TV on Vox for the album today.

I wasn't being agressively nasty until this twerp came jumping on me for nothing more than my own personal opinion which I am entitled to, and no I changed the title based on facts (since amended it slightly again) which this is just another repackaged compilation of already released MJ music.

Of course if your loving this and excited for it then that's cool, just becuase I don't share that does not make me a bad person, it's just my own personal opinion - ''tis all (y)
Thanks for the reply. I'm not particularly loving it or excited for it to be really honest, but given that 2 days ago nothing like this was happening and now it is, it's not neccaseraly a bad thing. Ironically, I feel it's the one time where they SHOULD have included a few remixes. I'm a little disappointed in the track list because -as you say- it's a playlist a lot of us have now made so we pretty much have this collection now.

I will buy the vinyl and I look forward to Thriller 3D, and will remain optimistically hopeful that a Ghosts release is announced, although deep down I feel I already know the answer to that one.

And thank you for changing the thread title.

I really like the mash-up.

Yes, I realized that too. SMH.

oh I'm really really sorry forgive me, I didn't realise that button was taken so seriously.

My dream Halloween MJ project would have been a DVD & Blu-Ray double feature of Ghosts and The Making of Thriller, but I suppose this will have to suffice for now. The mashup isn't even that bad in my opinion. I'll buy the whole album if it's on sale in the future, but for now I'm just going to buy the mashup on iTunes and ignore the petty complaining from certain fans.

I'm not surprised that nothing "new" is being released. If I were in charge of the Estate, I wouldn't just want to release all the stuff from the vault within less than 10 years of MJ's death. I'd rather that it gets spaced out over time so that there's still something to look forward to 10+ years from now.

I saw this. Don't know if it's offcial.

W6PwnHa.png

MJ Estate should definitely restore and make Ghosts in 3D, or at least in the best possible audiovisual format, Ghosts movie was fully digital, there are the original digital shots of MJ and his face.

There was the 20th anniversary this year and it was ignored, and GHOSTS deserves the official merchandising and campaign for new generations, its one of the greatest projects MJ ever made.

Thriller is a classic, everybody knows that, a bit boring.

Re: #MJScream - Coming 29th September.

lol if this is the tracklist this is the worst product yet! Not even one new track to get fans interested?

Believe it or not I just ran into a long time fan on the net who had no idea about This place hotel.

I don't think 3D is necessery for Ghosts. Seeing it and other short films in HD would be awesome.

Unsure if already discussed as it's too long to read through 24 pages but the most interesting thing about this release to me is the inclusion of Somebody's Watching Me. Am I right in thinking this is the first time it's ever been included on a MJ album or even officially acknowledged as being a song that he sings on? It may just be enough to sway me into buying the album as I don't own the song in any official capacity yet.

Don't shoot me for saying this, but I like Ghosts way better than Thriller, and I was a Thriller maniac in Highschool (very, very long time ago, lol).
I appreciate Thriller for what it is, but Ghosts is just, freaking amazing.

Btw I will say the artwork is pretty cool.

off topic
----------
Leave Me Alone in 3D would be awesome, and it's really possible to make

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A new compilation album will be released by Michael Jackson’s estate on Sept. 29th featuring some of the pop star’s most famous hits <a href="https://t.co/2J33cDZcT4">pic.twitter.com/2J33cDZcT4</a></p>&mdash; CBS News (@CBSNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/905409158081597440">6. September 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson">@michaeljackson</a> + <a href="https://twitter.com/thewhitepanda">@thewhitepanda</a> &quot;Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous&quot; mash-up is all you need to hear today. <a href="https://t.co/GiXEd68In7">https://t.co/GiXEd68In7</a> <a href="https://t.co/E9kjCjKmal">pic.twitter.com/E9kjCjKmal</a></p>&mdash; Vevo (@Vevo) <a href="https://twitter.com/Vevo/status/905507634543022080">6. September 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New Michael Jackson album to be released this fall, just in time for Halloween
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/06/entertainment/new-michael-jackson-album-scream/index.html

MJ Estate should definitely restore and make Ghosts in 3D, or at least in the best possible audiovisual format, Ghosts movie was fully digital, there are the original digital shots of MJ and his face.

There was the 20th anniversary this year and it was ignored, and GHOSTS deserves the official merchandising and campaign for new generations, its one of the greatest projects MJ ever made.

Thriller is a classic, everybody knows that, a bit boring.

It's not fully digital, it was shot on 35mm film. The VFX are digital, however.

I might be tempted to buy the vinyl just for the cool artwork alone but I haven't seen it on Amazon Mexico, just the UK. Anyways, it's been the coolest album cover the estate has chosen, I loved it.

Back