Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

Re: #MJScream - Coming 29th September.

To me, the idea of releasing a Halloween-themed album is just GREAT. Has it ever been done before? Michael always did something new and unexpected. And this is new and unexpected!

(And the album will be played EVERY YEAR on halloween! What better way to promote Michael and, yes, to make money?)

And I agree, it's a great way to get casual fans interested. If the tracklist is legit and songs like Threatened are featured on the album.. no casual fan has heard of Threatened before! It's not always about us hardcore fans.. of course we want our share of things and Xscape/BAD25 etc was great! But they also have to keep in mind all the casual, only mildly interested people who might become fans! Because this will secure Michael's legacy. And yes, they make money. Because that's their job, basically.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...dwritten-notes-from-Jackson-AEG-trial-motions
Note 4 has Halloween special written on it, so this could be Michael's own idea that the estate is making come true:yes:

Duplicate

Last edited:

It's been a long while since i've been here... but i wanted to give my 2 cents on this...

I'm personally for it! The songs are from different albums and once people (who are not hard core fans) hear it, they might get interested in listening to the other songs on those said albums which will be awesome since all Michael's albums are masterpieces. I think the estate might be trying to attract more people (younger people) who are not aware of these songs from the different albums. Most kids know Thriller, Beat it, Billie Jean etc... so for these "danceable" songs to be on one album where ppl. are able to listen to it w/ nostalgia or for the 1st time... I dont think it's a bad idea at all...

But still... correct me if i'm wrong.

P.S. I missed y'all MJFam :love:

It could be that, for some of the songs, only the music is used during the film?

I think so as well. It might be the feel of the song, the groove, more than the actual words. DD does have a dark streak, an ominous tone about it.

Despite not understanding the inclusion of Dirty Diana, Leave Me Alone, Unbreakable, Xscape over Is It Scary, if this going to be be the soundtrack for the Halloween special it'd be pretty cool but the Estate hasn't told this Scream album is attached to it, has it?

I like the album artwork, its really nice.
So exited what else is on the works because RS posted this:
Scream is one of several projects that Jackson's estate has in the works. "Now we have Thriller 3D, and two more announcements are coming up in the next couple of weeks," estate co-executor John Branca explained recently. "Michael had an expression: 'The quality goes in before the name goes on.' So we are not ready to announce them yet."

Thriller 3D, Scream album and Animation thingy are known, so two more to come. Surely at least some of the releases makes even most critical fans happy, or maybe not:)

Thriller 3D, Scream album and Animation thingy are known, so two more to come. Surely at least some of the releases makes even most critical fans happy, or maybe not:)

The Scream album is one of the announcment. Branca gave the IV in Venedig, Sream was not announced then. One announcement is left.

Last edited:

The artwork is what I am liking more than anything.. I really dig the cover! Remixes are remixes, I never get too excited over them..

It's gonna take a real good deluxe edution to make me buy this, sorry.

It does. I don't even have a vinyl player but I am tempted to buy this. LOL.

81vAD30fkRL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm so getting that!

I wonder if there will be something about Ghosts as well. Aren't special screenings of it are on the schedule? I really hope this will come with a Blu-rey/DVD release of Ghosts+Thriller with the accompanying Makings of.

That would be awesome! I keep hoping something is coming for Ghosts, maybe saving Is It Scary for that!!

Yeah, I mean, why do you think are they planning to show Ghosts at these fan events? Only to promote the halloween special? Wouldn't it be too much of an effort if they're planning nothing else with it?

I don't understand these things but it would've had to be remastered for the screening in Venice, wouldn't it? Or were they able to show the old film without any work done on it?

And if they did remaster it, why put all the work in and not release it on BluRay afterwards??

Ohhhh Ghosts would be really awesome to have on BluRay!

I see this place hasn't changed much. Criticism is dismissed as 'haters' and 'negativity'. You want to hear happy comments, or nothing at all. It's why I've been a lurker for ages. If Michael Jackson was alive and he re-released songs you had all heard before, but with a different cover, you'd just go 'wtf is this Michael?!' - but now, let's face it, we all want more - but is this really it? A re-release of old songs? Is that really what we want the Estate to be doing, to just throw some stuff at us we already have and ask money for it too?

OBVIOUSLY I am not pressuring you into buying or not buying anything, so don't accuse me of that. But this is a lazy, unnecessary project that has taken no time or effort to put together and seems like many of you have lowered your standards to the point that this is acceptable.

They've done some amazing stuff, they have done some absolutely despicable stuff - but this is the Estate at its most lazy and money-hungry.

To buy it is to feed it
So why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Hmm, true, so maybe there is more to come. Again, just gonna take it as it comes and enjoy. I refuse to be negative Nelly, don't care what anyone gripes about. I'm excited, and I too already have the songs listed. Doesn't matter, it's still going to be a fun release for Halloween.

Again, it's kinda sad that there is so much negativity. Can't we just try and be a little supportive? If it's not something you want, cool, take a pass on it, but it's really not necessary to trash it.

Said with L.O.V.E.

Of course we should trash it: are we publicists working for the Estate? It's not our job to hype subpar product. You're free to spend your money as you wish, but you could use those 10 dollars or whatever the price is to buy music you don't already own and know by heart; that's what I would do.

MJ must be rolling in his grave...this is garbage!!!

I managed to listen to a minute and a half of this. Pure cacophony, just somebody throwing a bunch of stuff together.

Maybe Is It Scary was left out because it doesnt fit the bill of "Danceable"

I think the only reason is to not have the ultimate complete package. That way you would also have to buy the Botdf album.

Re: Michael Jackson Scream - Just Another Compilation Album

Can't believe some of the comments on here. MJ is gone, he's dead. Whatever he left that was unreleased is all that we have left, forever. That's it. Do some people not realise what that means? It means ONE day there will be NO new MJ music, ever, because it will have all been released over our lifetime most probably. Yes, we won't live forever and most of us will be dead one day so where does that leave MJs music? It's not something that comes out of a tap.

MJ has always had a top spot for Halloween music choices for people all over the world. I am suprised an album running along this theme has not been done before. It's a great idea. It's a product, we have to remember that. Mariah has a christmas album that has sold bucket loads and still continues to do so every christmas becuase that's what people do each year, each new generation of fans. They reach out for the iconic memorable stuff. So why not have a product by MJ that is purely based around a theme that Mj was so in love with and excited by. We want people to be buying this album every year, each halloween season, playing it parties etc. We should want it to be the go-to album people choose for Halloween.

I personally love the megamix. Alittle too busy in a few spots but generally it's done well and the pitch shifting of some vocals give a fresh take on the vocal/songs. I love the intro with the Dangerous bridge vocals that have been cut-up. Love it.

And the artwork? Love it love it love it LOL. Nice how the vinyl is glow in the dark and it appears as though the vinyl sleeve it stencil-cut possibly so you can see through it. Someone mentioned the text looks off white or yellow on the artwork. Perhaps that font might be glow in the dark too on the cd sleeve? :) I love the teaser animation too. anyone know whos behind the art direction for this project? and lastly what do you guys think is the reference photo for the MJ face on the cover?

Last edited:

Re edited the title based on the fact I can pretty much make this listing as a playlist on my phone (hey don't wanna mislead anyone haha) so no need to go wasting my cash on stuff I already have (y)

The album will be available in two physical formats, CD and glow-in-dark vinyl (available October 27) each containing a poster unique to the format. Fittingly, the poster and cover art conceal the first ever AR (augmented reality) experience created for a Michael Jackson project.

What is that AR augmented reality?
----------------
The events will include screenings of Michael’s seven short films from the SCREAM album including the full-length 40 minute Michael Jackson’s Ghosts, rarely seen following its initial screening at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival

I hope Ghost gets more attention than just viewing with fans because it would be eye popping experience for people (future fans) who has not seen it before.

im getting it on CD and vinyl, and that imagery looks beautifully put together tbh

The same people 'coming out of their graves', after years some of them, to waste their time, and ours, with the same old negativity.

Do us a favour. Tell us you're jot buying it, and then disappear for another year or three. You bring nothing to the party.

Re edited the title based on the fact I can pretty much make this listing as a playlist on my phone (hey don't wanna mislead anyone haha) so no need to go wasting my cash on stuff I already have (y)

So we're "wasting" our cash, if we buy it?

You disappoint me with this attitude. Keep it up and you'll lose posters on here. This place would be dead if you didn't have the positive posters. The negative ones only post every year or three!

The same people 'coming out of their graves', after years some of them, to waste their time, and ours, with the same old negativity.

Do us a favour. Tell us you're jot buying it, and then disappear for another year or three. You bring nothing to the party.

Again - I am in a place called 'MJJCommunity Discussion'. Do you know what discussion means? It means the exchanging of opinions. I have opinions. They are just as valuable as yours. I am allowed to post as often or as rarely as I like, and that still makes my opinion equally valuable.

Can't take the 'negativity'? Rename this place into 'MJJC Unconditional Praise Forum'.

Simply put, adressing the tone of my argument or the fact I've been away for some time, now *that's* a waste of time. I am definitely not alone in feeling the way I feel. You don't have any leverage over me to tell me to 'disappear'.

In fact. I'm off.

Enjoy your negativity.

Back