Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

090929h5o151og2f2vvfov.jpg

New remix!

Pretty bog standard dance remix. Reminds me of the worst parts of the BAD 25 release.

New remix!

Nothing groundbreaking, but I quite like it!

I will say this -- as utterly useless as remixes are, the ones churned out by the Estate are far superior to many of the ones we got during Michael's lifetime. I'll take this and Nero's Speed Demon over Beat It 2008 any day of the week.

I know this is a fairly matured thread and the track listing has been discussed at length, but why no Little Susie, Is It Scary or Morphine???

Call me crazy, but after doing some digging, I legitimately believe Scream has a chance at number one in the US.

MJ compilations are consistent sellers -- Number Ones pops up randomly in the charts almost every year from what I can recall -- and this one has an interesting theme behind it. And for casual listeners, seeing less-popular song titles like "Unbreakable" and "Threatened" might goad them into thinking, "Oh, are these new songs? I've never heard them before!" It COULD work. We shall see.

You make a very good point here. I agree.

I saw yesterday, that it was #3 on Amazon sales and moving upwards.

I know the Scream album is available but what about the remix?

The remix can be purchased just on its own, as a digital download from iTunes. I think I saw that it's $2.19. I purchased the whole CD for $9.98, which means that I get the cover art work (which I love), the poster and the augmented reality surprise (whatever that is, I don't know yet)......so I think that's actually a better deal. I'm old school, though....I love to have a physical CD in my hands, particularly if it's Michael Jackson.

New remix!

This makes me sad, I know it's meant to be more MJ material and positive but too many average DJs getting on MJ releases. I'm all for the promotion of MJ. But this is pretty poor. This sound is here today gone tomorrow, will be a constant skip on the iPod in 2 weeks. I didn't even listen to the full mix. The mash up is better.

The remix can be purchased just on its own, as a digital download from iTunes. I think I saw that it's $2.19. I purchased the whole CD for $9.98, which means that I get the cover art work (which I love), the poster and the augmented reality surprise (whatever that is, I don't know yet)......so I think that's actually a better deal. I'm old school, though....I love to have a physical CD in my hands, particularly if it's Michael Jackson.

Haha I am with you on that. I use Spotify just because it is quicker for me but I will buy the CD and Vinyl when they come out.

This morning i saw the tv advert for scream on itv. It was the first time I'd personally seen any promo in the uk.

Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post

Call me crazy, but after doing some digging, I legitimately believe Scream has a chance at number one in the US.

MJ compilations are consistent sellers -- Number Ones pops up randomly in the charts almost every year from what I can recall -- and this one has an interesting theme behind it. And for casual listeners, seeing less-popular song titles like "Unbreakable" and "Threatened" might goad them into thinking, "Oh, are these new songs? I've never heard them before!" It COULD work. We shall see.

You make a very good point here. I agree.

I saw yesterday, that it was #3 on Amazon sales and moving upwards.

This was the R&B Charts, not the general. Expecting it for a number 1 -debut is a overexpecting which will not happen. This could have happen if Michael is here with such a album. I think a debut in Top Ten would be nice. And let us see what happens in the next week when Halloween is and after the animation-special.

BTW: on World-wide i-tunes it is listed as New with number 20:
http://kworb.net/aww/

Edit:

I have not to work today and I got my CD one hour ago.

Last edited:
Why do they still have to master those songs so damn loud? -_-

Wait, wait, regarding the London launch party, please tell me that wasn't the only chance to see Thriller 3D, Ghosts and the other short films on the big screen, was it? I hope not!

My mum has just got me the album, but I have to waituntil I finish work :(

damn, the Thriller remix sucks. No wonder that they did not include it on the album.

Ok so I broke down and ordered the CD with sweatshirt.. $50!!! What was I thinking lol but hopefully I win that trip to LA so that it's worth lol

I have cracked too. Wasn't going to buy it and then found myself downloading it to my Itunes before I had even made my first coffee this morning!

$7 at BESTBUY.

In other news, Walmart.com still has no SCREAM Makes me Wanna Scream LOL. Sony is idiot -- not selling at the biggest retailer.

I strongly suggest you go to the store and buy the CD...Remember.:listeningtomusic we have to wait 4 years for another greatest hits lol.....well, atleast we have part of the feeling of buying a new MJ Album.(y)

I will say this -- as utterly useless as remixes are, the ones churned out by the Estate are far superior to many of the ones we got during Michael's lifetime. I'll take this and Nero's Speed Demon over Beat It 2008 any day of the week.

I won't. That's the thing with music and different tastes. I hate this new age house/techno.. whatever.. I don't know the name of it. So in my opinion, this is pure crap.

I quite enjoy some of the remixes released during Michael's lifetime, especially some of the BOTDF remixes and Thriller 25 remixes.

Was someone violently attacking Steve Aoki as he was making this remix?

damn, the Thriller remix sucks. No wonder that they did not include it on the album.

I agree. The mashup is great and the right choice for the album. This new one reminds me of Afrojack Bad remix (which was bad but still miles better than this one). This one is crap and I'm glad that they didn't put it on the album.

But I support all kinds of remixes for album promotion. Release them on youtube, itunes, spotify.. I don't care, just don't put them on official albums. The promotion for this album is actually pretty great!

Quincy The Old Fart will be pissed once again that he wasn't asked to remix the song. Hahahahahahaha.

as utterly useless as remixes are, the ones churned out by the Estate are far superior to many of the ones we got during Michael's lifetime

Todd Terry and David Morales will be thrilled!

For the people who bothered purchasing this set today, anything of note about edits or mastering that should interest the rest of us?

Really poor visibility of the CD in HMV today, no displays and nothing at the front of the store. A few copies tucked away quietly on the album chart section.

I'm listening to the new album "Scream" by Michael Jacskon NOW streaming on Amazon Music.
The "Scream" album is REAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still waiting for AMAZON to ship me the CD.
I'm going to buy the vinyl version, also.

I LOVE MJ's SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKES ME WANT TO DANCE!!!!
:rockingstickman: :rapperdancingtroll::rapperdancingtroll: :dancingcat:
:mj3::billiejean::smoothcriminal::beatit:

:mj4: :imbad

Last edited:
Back