Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

It wont. It's down to selling in the hundreds of copies after a massive promotional push. And to be fair - who really cares. It's not like MJ is here to worry about sales etc. This was a laughably bad cash grab which failed miserably.

Let rodney Jerkins loose on his unreleased MJ tracks and we might have something to get excited about.

arnspecs;4211172 said:
It wont. It's down to selling in the hundreds of copies after a massive promotional push. And to be fair - who really cares. It's not like MJ is here to worry about sales etc. This was a laughably bad cash grab which failed miserably.

Let rodney Jerkins loose on his unreleased MJ tracks and we might have something to get excited about.

Now we’re talking. What is Jerkins waiting for, really?

Annita;4211137 said:
Yes in the times of low sales it is obviously that the importance of the streaming-portals gets more and more important.
I found out that Michael`s monthly listernes on spotify increased just in the last month from 14,7 mio. to 17,66 mio. . So nearly 3 mio. listeners more in only 1 month. I think the Sream-release had some impact on this. His position jumped from 87 to 64 on the Spotify -worldwide- list. I think this is amazing. There are only current artists before him and many of them behind him such as Timberlake, Adele......

To be honest, I don't think Scream would've had a HUGE impact. I think this happens around every Halloween as Thriller is featured in a number of a Halloween/party playlists that are made this time of year, so the number of monthly listeners will likely go back down in about a month's time. You'll likely see a similar increase in Michael Bublé's numbers come Christmas time too.

It's hard to tell how much impact the Scream album had on Spotify because it's public play counts are linked with the original play counts from the original albums. However the mashup at the end of the Scream album has only 2.5 million streams, and Steve Aoki's Thriller remix - which is prominently promoted on Michael's Spotify page - has 3.9 million.

It goes without saying that it's amazing to see such high numbers for Michael Jackson though! I always love seeing how his music lives on, and that Thriller is always such a huge hit this time of year :) A good few of those Thriller streams are no doubt from me alone haha.

TheGloveR6;4211111 said:
Has anyone received their T-shirt or Pullover yet? I am still waiting for mine.

The Michael Jackson store has been notorious for having horrendous shipping so prepare to wait a bit longer. I'd advice ever buying off there if you can help it tbh.

IDK why people even put the pressure on an album like SCREAM to be a big hit.. It's 'quick cash' not a power hitter. It is more so taking advantage of a moment to bring in some extra finances.. It's not meant to break records or boundaries.

Not saying there is anything wrong with releasing an album like this but I highly doubt the estate released this thinking it's going to make major impact. I more so am just thankful they did something to celebrate Michael in the theme of Halloween being that Thriller always gets extra attention around this time..

Though, I'm still waiting for a THRILLER celebration of some sort ;)

Nobody does. It was a nice release with decent succses.
And I think it will have decent success next year and many years to come-lots of future Trick or Treaters out there or not even born yet, that will discover it and the music and that's the plan. Same as the animated special.

I know a lot of families have said that the Jackson 5 Christmas albums is one of the family classics that they always play-and I hear it on the stereo systems at malls, etc. Maybe one day families will say that at Halloween about Scream.

BB200 ALBUM SALES 11/02/17

#52 SCREAM (3646)*

Also;
#102 THRILLER (2206)
#117 ESSENTIAL (1980)
#176 BAD (1448)

*Note

Not selling "hundreds" of copies but THOUSANDS. 👍

Last edited:
BB200 (sales and streams)

#47 156 180 5 SCREAM - Michael Jackson - MJJ/Epic | Legacy

The 2LP set is pretty awesome. Xscape was missing songs from deluxe version. So the last really cool vinyl release were the two Bad25 sets (the 3LP set and the picture disc versions). So its taken some time to release a really cool vinyl set. And it's about time Michael got a glow in the dark record.

This was never gonna sell well but it's exceeded my expectations.

In some ways it's a clever move by the estate to try to associate MJ with Halloween. That might of been the motive behind the animation. I know this disappointed many as loads of fans wanted Thriller or Ghosts Blu Ray. But we are almost guaranteed one of these for a future Halloween. Thus guaranteeing Michael's association with the festival. This wouldn't work for Christmas as there are too many Christmas songs/albums (and Michael never released many Christmas songs in his adult career + J5 already have a Christmas album). But one improvement I would of made is to make the animation in traditional hand-drawn but that is too expensive (to do a proper good job).

Last edited:
Scream vinyl

I find it odd that the discussion page was closed to be honest. It's barely released 2 months.

Anyway, has anyone had an issue with the vinyl release? I've had 2 copies sent to me from Amazon and both have major surface noise and clicks on disc 1 side 1. (Didnt even bother with disc 2)

Have I just been very unlucky, or is this a seriously shoddy pressing?

Thanks so much for re-opening this thread. I don't see the point of closing it at all. Leave it open forever so people can chat about this album anytime they want.

How is the vinyl??

I am thinking about buying it - is the sound great?

How is the vinyl??

I am thinking about buying it - is the sound great?

I have mine still sealed lol, it's a nice cover and all, but you already know the songs and that they would never sound as good as in the original record :)

Reviews from discogs users

Very Poor Packaging. Lot of noise on "white" vinyl. Not sure whether I got a lemon or all copies are the same.

No it's not just you. I've had 2 copies sent to me. Both sound like World War 2.

Wow I'm surprised the sound quality is so bad.

why would that be? Is it because of cheap materials or production? Or maybe low quality control standards?

I thought they were going to promote this album every year during Halloween. I thought it would return to the charts every year. Well I didn't see any promotion for the Scream album this year and I didn't see it back on any charts. Honestly what a pointless album this was.

Yeah they didn't promote this album this year. Instead I saw promotion for an MJ Halloween playlist that included most of these songs plus some others.

They should have done more promotion for it especially the remix on it i love that!

So MJ Estate and Spotify pushed “MJ Halloween” playlist, using the scream album artwork and promo material.

Nothing they do makes sense.

Back