Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to view a video for Michael's vocals, they could have just web search for the song itself. I do that all the time. When I want to listen to a song, I search for the song, not for performances or music videos. So, most likely, the people who clicked and viewed the video wanted to see the video, not just listen to vocals. And if they thought the performance sucked, I can't see them given a positive rating just because they happen to like the song.

Also, no one is assuming anything. We just said it was viewed 10 million times and has a high score. We know Youtube is not the end all to say what is popular, unless you have proof that someone has been cooking the numbers saying that they are inflated is an opinion.

So true. A good example is Miley Cyrus "we can't stop". Although a lot of people loved this song, the approval rating for the video was only 58%. People know how to differentiate between the song and the video. The fact that so many people gave a positive rating to the billboard performance means that they liked it.

For days now, I have asked several staff members to create a poll so that we could vote on the performance in order to quantify where the MJJC stands on this issue. However, they have been reluctant to do so. If you were able to vote, how would you rate the performance?

A) Fantastic
B) Good
C) OK
D) Poor
E) Horrible

For me, the answer is B. Overall, I thought it was a good performance taking all considerations into account

How would you vote?

I think it depends on what you were looking for in the first place. Are you looking for an exact rendition of Michael performing?

I would vote Fantastic, because I am not considering limitations of technology nor am I looking for a perfect creation, dancer, or dresser. This is a new industry. The creators know there are flaws, so I won't even make a comment about they need to do it better. To me that is silly because it is a given. Did they entertain with an illusion that moved, danced, was able to convey emotion and expression, and was able to move the crowd emotionally? Yes!!! Would I go and see a show like this? Yes!!!

This reminds me of a silent movie I saw about men going to the moon. They showed the rocket stuck in the round moon, that had eyes and a mouth, to convey it had landed. The people came out of the rocket and were walking around, and you could see they did not even think of gravity. Now the people at that time saw this as a great feat. They knew very well the moon did not have eyes and a mouth, but the way the producers were able to convey this voyage was innovative considering the limited special effects and technology. I see this illusion just like that--a new technology and what they were able to convey on stage that night was a great experience. After perfecting this technology for 20 more years, what I will expect to see from a performance like this will be different.

I've always understood where fellow fans were coming from (Better Ivy? No more sides :D)

yes way way better. :) it's human nature we won't agree on everything, I just don't think it should cause division, that's all.

I don't want to start the Alki David issue again but let's just say that I don't like him and if you search him you'll understand why - even stuff that's not related to MJ. And everything he's doing is planned. 3 months ago he was shooting something with an MJ impersonator - probably a hologram.

For days now, I have asked several staff members to create a poll so that we could vote on the performance in order to quantify where the MJJC stands on this issue. However, they have been reluctant to do so. If you were able to vote, how would you rate the performance?

A) Fantastic
B) Good
C) OK
D) Poor
E) Horrible

For me, the answer is B. Overall, I thought it was a good performance taking all considerations into account

How would you vote?

I am of two minds.

On purely performance, it was alright. There was nothing special about, except Michael sitting smug on his big ass throne, which made me laugh, especially when he sat back down as if saying, 'I killed it' or 'This is why I'm the king'. I don't know why, but I always wanted Michael to do that as a big screw you to his haters.

From a technically view-point, I loved it and thought it was head-and-shoulders above Tupac Uncanny Valley, floating head bobbing. And they did it in just eight months, I take my hat off. Looking at it again, it has parts that reminds me of the Leave Me Alone video, except using digital collages. I also know that they can only get better, so I am excited as a tech nerd.

So, performance C - tech A = all together B

Japan Xscape Party. Dance contest Winner brings down the house with a surprising performance.
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by MJJFanclub Japan.

That person moved a lot better than "VV" did.

I don't want to start the Alki David issue again but let's just say that I don't like him and if you search him you'll understand why - even stuff that's not related to MJ. And everything he's doing is planned. 3 months ago he was shooting something with an MJ impersonator - probably a hologram.

Oddly enough, I don't doubt that. I said in the lawsuit thread prior to this performance that the lawsuit was done probably because the Estate beat him to the punch.

Also no one is assuming anything. Unless you have proof that someone has been cooking the numbers saying that they are inflated is an opinion.

True, but it also doesn't make it out of the realm of possibility considering these people specifically (The Estate) has been penalized for doing it before. Not sure if that's what they're doing now, but I wouldn't dismiss it.

Last edited:
For me the more I watch this is just a fancily projected impersonator. Looks incredibly 2D at times too, honestly this hasn't impressed me at all.

Is STTR moving up the charts?

it did at least in regards to sales numbers on itunes. We will see the official charts next week. it entered into itunes sales chart at number 111. I believe it was at number 39 at the highest. It is still in the itunes top 200 single sales at number 131.

The 10M count alone serves how?

such streams are counted towards digital songs charts I believe. given that it was aired last week sunday, it might chart this week (published next week) at top 200 or digital songs.

A) Fantastic
B) Good
C) OK
D) Poor
E) Horrible

How would you vote?

I cannot speak for the other mods, however I personally have not created the poll as my concern was that it could potentially cause unnecessary problems and arguing. The first few days after the performance we miserable- all everybody did around here was fight. Not to mention I did say that if others were interested I would create the poll. One other person, aside from yourself donalb, said they would like to see a poll. So my takeaway was that nobody was really that interested in having one to begin with.

That being said... over the last few days, things seem to have settled down quite a bit. People have had time to digest what took place and discuss it. I am going to create the poll right now, and I will be shutting down this thread, to try and keep as much of the discussion in one place as humanly possible.

Poll thread can be found here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/133042-How-Would-You-Rate-The-MJ-Illusion-Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back