Michael Jackson Wanted To Collaborate With Lady Gaga

If Michael really wanted to work with her ,It would have been fine with me. He likes to work with new exciting artist that would make a Splash.
Wow, I would have love to hear what they would have come up with together.

I don't really like Lady Gaga either. It always looks like she's trying too hard. Sometimes I think it's funny when new artists are supposed to be shocking. I think: hey, I grew up in the 80's when we had real metal bands and men wearing purple dresses and people with crazy colored hair putting on 2nd hand clothes and rolling around touching themselves in videos. You're going to have to try a bit harder to shock my generation LOLOL :lol: But a few of her songs that I've heard are ok (although I can't stand Bad Romance... bleh), but hey, I don't have to like her just because MJ did. And maybe a collaboration would have been great, who knows. After all... it would have been MICHAEL. And that's enough for me right there :)

It could have been one of the most bizarre musical hookups in pop history. According to a new interview with Michael Jackson's choreographer, Travis Payne, the late King of Pop was a big fan of Lady Gaga and had tried to set up a meeting to discuss a possible joint project.

The revelation comes from a video posted on December 30 on YouTube by Amsterdam-based producer/actor Raffles van Exel, who asks Payne which artists MJ was interested in collaborating with before his death last June.

"I gave him a short wish list [of possible collaborators] ... and he was like, 'Sure, they can all come, as long as their schedules permit and it's not too much of a problem for them,' " Payne said of Jackson's humble response to a suggestion that he reach out to other artists to work with him on his This Is It series of shows in London. "Of course, I suggested Janet, of course Whitney Houston. ... Diana Ross and Mariah Carey we talked about. We talked about Missy Elliott. We talked about Usher, of course. We talked about Justin [Timberlake], Celine Dion ... Sting, Seal, Bono, Tina Turner. We talked about all these people that I thought were cool but that he liked."

Then, Payne said he asked Jackson if there was anyone else he wanted to reach out to. "He goes, 'Lady Gaga.' I go, 'Really?' He goes, 'Yeah.' He's the one who really got me to get into her. He literally told me, 'You gotta get into her. She's good.' So, I started listening to her music more and going on YouTube and looking at her performances, and I was like, 'He's right.' "

Payne did not specify in the video when these conversations took place. He said that last November, he got a call from Lady Gaga and told her the story about the conversation with Jackson. "She got moved by it," he recalled. A spokesperson for Gaga could not be reached for comment about Payne's claims.

Michael Jackson Wanted To Collaborate With Lady Gaga - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Thank you very much for posting!

Even though this never happened, I still get a little happiness from knowing that MJ liked her and wanted to collaborate with her... =)

NO! NO! NO!

Bad idea, IMO. Lady Gaga = garbage. Chewing gum music. Bad arstist imo and a good example for todays rnb music. Sucks.

She can't sing. Only uses effects, etc, to make the voice sound catchy.

LOL, Mj was a nice man.

Ditto. She's hot in the business at the moment but I can't stand her.

I agree. I'm not into Lady Gaga, I don't like her music. However, I do respect those ones who like her and it was always interesting to see other artists working with Michael, what a honour.

Lady gaga is great, she's innovative, for sure Michael liked her... lucky Lady Gaga, i wish Michael would have admired me, i mean if Michael Jackson pays you attention, it means you have something, what an honor for her to be admired by Michael,

Michael admired only the greats like James Brown and Walt Disney, wow, you go Lady Gaga, im a bit jelous.., haha its a nice jelousy though

She can't sing. Only uses effects, etc, to make the voice sound catchy.

LOL, Mj was a nice man.
ummm but it was Michael who suggested Gaga to Payne...

God, why do i feel i bit jelous...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I'm a fan of her music, but damn that girl has got the coolest fashion sense I have ever seen! (Next to Michael of course)

She has a weird fashion sense. To me, weird is interesting and eye catching.

Michael & Lady GaGa would have been amazing. :)

I'm also Glad Raffles got mention on MTV news! YAY!

Can't say I'm a fan of her music, but damn that girl has got the coolest fashion sense I have ever seen! (Next to Michael of course)

She has a weird fashion sense. To me, weird is interesting and eye catching.
same here, but i do love her song Poker Face, mostly cause of that video, did Michael got to see the video for Poker Face?? when was it released, he would have loved it i think, cause those sunglasses (Pop Culture) are simply cool, that part of the song is amazing too... its was that video the one that cought my attention, cause to me she was like one more until that.

In the female side of nowadays, she is the innovative one for sure, i hope she does not go to far, or she will ruin it....

I do like her

Michael Jackson turned a piece of elevator music into 'You Are Not Alone'. i'm sure there's nothing he couldn't do.

It would have been great! At least she's doing her own thing and not being 'moulded'. Her hit songs all have good melodies IMO.

This would have been amazing!!!!!!

Awww man that would...just .....been ..gahhhhh :(

Lady GaGa, not too big on her singing, but her performances are pretty entertaining...and different. I think she and Michael would have worked well together.

I have a hard time believing this, Michael liking her Michael? Is her music...even music? Sigh. Ah well. I guess it's time to start believing it.

I have a hard time believing this, Michael liking her Michael? Is her music...even music? Sigh. Ah well. I guess it's time to start believing it.

It isn't too hard to believe. Michael loved the cutting edge. Many people may not agree with her singing, etc but no one can deny she's cutting edge and a standout amongst a group of cookie cutter artists.

This would have been one UBER BLING film clip if it ever went ahead. I always thought their styles were very similar in the flashy, conceptual sense...

Btw, I'm not sold on all her songs, but she write GREAT hooks and melodies... yep even people who hate her get those melodies stuck in their heads. Her instrumentals are pretty interesting too... even if I don't always like what's over it. She's an artist writing her own material and making art for herself. I can respect that in principle.

from this article, I just read Lady gaga may become one of the possible guests in Michael's concert. Is that a big deal? Someone here said" oh, Michael is also the fan of gaga, or Michael would produce the song with her..." Are we reading the same thing? The title of this article could be " Michael wanted to collaborate with Diana Ross/Mariah Carey /....".

It isn't too hard to believe. Michael loved the cutting edge. Many people may not agree with her singing, etc but no one can deny she's cutting edge and a standout amongst a group of cookie cutter artists.

yes :yes:

I don't find it so hard to believe. Michael made it his business to keep up with what was 'new' on the music scene. He even worked with Kriss Kross and Shaq so I don't find this so far out there. :mello:

Nobody can deny her talent really looking at the industry right now. Her voice is quite amazing if you watch a video of her live.
Shes constantly lookin at ways to push the boundaries that are set by artists today, which is pretty low lol but she stands out along with a few others maybe.

There voices together would of really been somethin.

Back