Michael Jackson's Estate turned down King of Pop cameo in new 3D Adam Sandler flick

InvincibleTalI do not remember what era of Michael that is on the Xscape cover.

They used an unreleased photo from the BOTDF era.. you can see the original image on the poster.. albeit with art effects added.. i think it's a great photo that they used, plus the most recent tracks were from 1999 so that fits the period perfectly

Zakk, the Xscape cover and the Xscape poster are both from the same photo?

InvincibleTal, I understand.

I appreciate Michael's full career; from J5 to TII. However; even Michael would concede he was his most beloved during Thriller.

That is the time period the filmmakers requested and they were rejected. Whatever era they chose would have been rejected and maybe questioned by fans if the offer was accepted.

It is not much different than the choice and use of a Thriller era Michael on the cover of Michael, a Dangerous era Michael for the VV performance, a Dangerous era Michael for the hologram in MJ One....

I do not remember what era of Michael that is on the Xscape cover.

I don't think you understand my point. I don't mind the movie directors wanting to use Michael's 80's image. And I don't think the artwork of "MICHAEL" was diminishing Michael's other eras in any way. Xscape, as the poster above me states, is from the set of BOTDF so I don't think there ever was a pattern of using his Thriller image. I have a problem with Roger's remark about them using his "80's beloved version". And if you can't see the offensive hint I see, that's ok but lets not make Roger a cute little "just the messenger" guy.

That would be a bit off topic but I disagree "Michael would concede he was his most beloved during Thriller", maybe he had less problems with the tabloids back then and maybe Thriller is his most selling album, but Michael's prime was Dangerous (1992 & first half of 1993) I think he reached more people years after Thriller plus each of his tours was more succesful of its previous one.

Followed by the word "version", for starters, yes.
I raised an eyebrow on that one and then both with the statement about holding on to the Invincible tapes.
I don't believe the tapes story and thought the "beloved version" was just a catty remark.
He does this with a lot of people tho. Ever since he got fired for writing a review of a leaked film (Wolverine of all things)his writing comes off as bitter.

Zakk, the Xscape cover and the Xscape poster are both from the same photo?

Yeah, pretty sure they are! they look very different because of the edits that Mr. Brainwash added to the photo! not to mention, the different hairstyles that he chose etc.

Yeah, pretty sure they are! they look very different because of the edits that Mr. Brainwash added to the photo! not to mention, the different hairstyles that he chose etc.
They look the same to me. The eyes.

They look the same to me. The eyes.

The lips also, his mouth is in the exact same position! when people first saw the cover art, they thought it was all photoshopped.. but i knew it was from a genuine photograph, from the get go!

Thanks Zakk.

InvincibleTal, I do understand your point. If you have an issue with the word version or beloved in reference to 80's Michael because Friedman said it, that is your issue, not mine. The comment posters had issue with was Michael's cameo not being well received and that comment came from Langford, an estate representative, not Friedman.

The only comment Friedman said that was offensive to me concerned the Invincible masters because he accused Michael of something he did not do. If you are looking (hard) for another issue, that is your choice.

Michael himself said his happiest time was during Thriller. I believe he meant professionally and that was the time he was most beloved as that was during Thrillermania/Michaelmania era. While you may believe Michael was more beloved and/or popular later on, tis fine. It does not change the fact that the Thriller era was Michael's most beloved era and I see no issue with stating such.

Back