Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

I watched some of it on Youtube. Animation didn't look very good in the dancing part. It looked cheap. I hope it does well because it can introduce Michael's music to younger people.

Historic?

Just out of interest, how many sites have you copy and pasted your 'review' on?
Theres no need to be snidey, heaven forbid anyone give an opinion!

I thought it was alright. Not great. Didnt come away thinking any of the characters were memorable really. The songs seemed to be thrown in at any available moment. Hopefully the small ones will like it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I hate the fact that he was a mute... he didn't have any lines.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Did anyone else get the feeling that this was meant to be a video game at some point?

It would make a whole lot more sense than it did as a TV special.

I liked it. Kept thinking how his Halloween special would've looked. Shed a tear when he spoke at the end, wasn't expecting his voice. Came out better than I expected.

Theres no need to be snidey, heaven forbid anyone give an opinion!

I thought it was alright. Not great. Didnt come away thinking any of the characters were memorable really. The songs seemed to be thrown in at any available moment. Hopefully the small ones will like it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He gave his opinion, "it looks shit, like one of those b-grade children's animations you'd find on a $3 bargain bin DVD that no-one ever buys from" before it had even been shown on TV.

With a well thought out, balanced, critique like that, it didn't take a genius to know he was, at the first opportunity, going this post some "snidey" GIF to go with his biased, preconceived 'review'.

At least you didn't find it "terrible".

Michael Jackson’s Halloween (CBS) –1.1/4 - 5.67 millions viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-friday-oct-27-2017/

Last edited:
Learn to accept other people's opinion. Not everyone is going to like it.

His opinion might have been accepted, if it wasn't for the;

Unnecessary (unfunny) GIF.
The unnecessary bolded and enlarged terrible.

The unnecessary "shit" and "$3" comments that came before it had even been seen in full.

It's not other people's opinions I mind. It's people being overly critical and negative - with childish GIFs and language - before and after the event.

This particular one could be seen a mile off. It doesn't look like someone's favourite 'Finding Nemo' or 'Toy Story' film, so "it's shit".

What's wrong with a bit of balance, instead of the oft used hyperbole we get from some on here?

5.6 million is a great number! Congrats MJ estate for getting a POSITIVE MJ thing on TV! First of many let's hope!

Great numbers. Especially with the World Series and the highly anticipated 'Stranger Things Series 2' that everyone was worried about!

WTF only 13 million viewers for the World Series? Is that normal?

MJ's was the highest rated non sport program of the night. That's nice.

That's great news. Do we know how many streams stranger things got??

My family and I enjoyed it, even the 13 year old. I have watched it twice and saw some things the second time that I missed the first viewing. It's on CBS.com if anyone missed it. Hopefully it will be shown in future years also. The good ratings were a pleasant surprise considering that it was up against the World Series.

WTF only 13 million viewers for the World Series? Is that normal?

MJ's was the highest rated non sport program of the night. That's nice.

Darn, it was the second most watched show on that time slot! Great.

Where and what is Stranger Danger? I did not see it anywhere.

Great numbers. Especially with the World Series and the highly anticipated 'Stranger Things Series 2' that everyone was worried about!

I did not see Stranger Series anywhere when watching the shows on that time slot. Word Series #1 and MJ #2. No "Stranger".

His opinion might have been accepted, if it wasn't for the;

Unnecessary (unfunny) GIF.
The unnecessary bolded and enlarged terrible.

The unnecessary "shit" and "$3" comments that came before it had even been seen in full.

It's not other people's opinions I mind. It's people being overly critical and negative - with childish GIFs and language - before and after the event.

This particular one could be seen a mile off. It doesn't look like someone's favourite 'Finding Nemo' or 'Toy Story' film, so "it's shit".

What's wrong with a bit of balance, instead of the oft used hyperbole we get from some on here?

I agree. I think this "Historic" is one of those fans that are historically negative about everything the Estate comes up with. How about being grateful and happy that MJ's estate is doing a great job in promulgating his legacy.

I thought it was alright, but could've been much better. The concept itself, the premise of the story, and the character models were all great. The voice acting was also fine. Animation, however, was poor even for a TV film but I think it can be overlooked if everything else was on point. What was most jarring to me, however, was the ridiculous and misplaced use of Michael's music that made absolutely no sense at all except for Thriller (which was predictable) and maybe one other song or two. Using pieces of Michael's music as transitional cues and background music was a terrible idea. It completely degrades Michael's catalogue.

I find both HIStoric and SmoothMJ make good pints even though they both disagree. But personally I think it was a good idea with poor execution. The script was downright silly with no consistent story arcs or character development. In retrospect, I would think that something in the vein of the 'Ghosts' short film or even 'Moonwalker' would have worked better, where you have an interesting story that is interspersed with musical numbers rather than stuffing it to the brim with segments of over two dozen songs. I don't even think we heard a full song besides Thriller. The overuse of 'Xscape', 'Torture', and 'Somebody's watching Me' didn't even make any sense to me (not to mention they're not even official MJ songs).

I'm not quite sure what to make of it but I had high expectations for something with a bit more substance..

Just watched it...

Not very impressed I must admit.

The music seems like it's just thrown in without any thoughts to when and why... - Nice with MJ music of course, but it was just very random whenever a song came...

Animation was not great and the story was very very thin...

I hope children will enjoy it - and adult of course... But it looked like a school project thrown together on a single week without much thought...

Also, learn to accept that everyone is not going to accept or agree with your opinion. It works both ways. That's life!

I hate the fact that he was a mute... he didn't have any lines.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

I don't know if we can really complain about this given the fact that Michael isn't here. Unless you want a situation where he sounds like Chef on his last episode of South Park where they (deliberately) mashed all his lines up ... which would be distracting :p

Even Michael's one line in the film felt off (especially audio quality wise), but I mean it's not something you can hold against them.

I thought it was alright, but could've been much better. The concept itself, the premise of the story, and the character models were all great. The voice acting was also fine. Animation, however, was poor even for a TV film but I think it can be overlooked if everything else was on point. What was most jarring to me, however, was the ridiculous and misplaced use of Michael's music that made absolutely no sense at all except for Thriller (which was predictable) and maybe one other song or two. Using pieces of Michael's music as transitional cues and background music was a terrible idea. It completely degrades Michael's catalogue.

I find both HIStoric and SmoothMJ make good pints even though they both disagree. But personally I think it was a good idea with poor execution. The script was downright silly with no consistent story arcs or character development. In retrospect, I would think that something in the vein of the 'Ghosts' short film or even 'Moonwalker' would have worked better, where you have an interesting story that is interspersed with musical numbers rather than stuffing it to the brim with segments of over two dozen songs. I don't even think we heard a full song besides Thriller. The overuse of 'Xscape', 'Torture', and 'Somebody's watching Me' didn't even make any sense to me (not to mention they're not even official MJ songs).

I'm not quite sure what to make of it but I had high expectations for something with a bit more substance..

Of course, it could have been better. No one is saying that the special was perfect. I think it served its purpose as a HALLOWEEN special with Michael's music as the soundtrack. Some people were going to find something wrong , even if it had been "perfect".

Did you put your 'funny' little GIF on there as well, just to get across how "terrible" it was?

Haha yep, because it works wonderfully.

Like Jesus dude why are you so triggered? Honestly it's someone's opinion, get over it hahaha.

Back