Michael Jackson's 'HIStory' Official 20th Anniversary Thread

They could still do a special thing for OTW. Maybe a repackage of the Special Edition release from 2001, but with more unreleased gems on it. I'd be down with that....but D25 is a must for me. :p

Maybe for the 20th released something not music album related, i mean not demos, remixes, etc...

Maybe a video concert.

I don't know if they will do a major HIStory re-release because unlike Bad and Thriller, it might not be something that a lot of the public would recognise, only the superfans but that's my look on it.

I think HIStory is Michael's most fascinating piece. I want to see a making off movie like Bad25 on "HIStory" more than on any other album. It's gonna be a bit controversial but a decent coverage is only gonna do Michael justice. Spike Lee can work on this one too. Afterall he was part of it and he did a great job with Bad.

If Off The Wall doesn't get an anniversary release i don't really know why HIStory should. Dangerous 25 is a must though!

that TV series Classic Albums did a good job documenting albums.
I saw some of those and they were good. I would love for them to do a Spike Lee doc on Off The Wall-while everybody is still around. That would be unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not everybody :(
Oh jeez. That actually took me a few seconds to realize what you meant. That just really hit me-hard.

well, maybe now I don't want it. I think maybe watching something like that would just kill me. I can barely get through that Sylvia Chase interview anymore-I haven't watched that in a year.

HIStory is to me MJ's most talent-filled work. He had to have been pushed for Songwriter Hall of Fame induction in 2002 after they heard Tabloid Junkie's verses. They're insanely well structured. Not to mention Michael poured his soul into his work after he was torn apart.

Surely Dangerous 25 has to come before a HIStory Anniversary release? Black Or White is one of MJ's biggest and most popular singles of his entire career. They could release it on 7" vinyl like IJCSLY for Bad25 and include different mixes. Also the likes of Remember The Time and Jam. Release the two-disc Special Edition originally planned for 2001. Release one of the early 92 leg concerts from Munich, Rotterdam, Rome, Monza, Cologne, Oslo, Stockholm, Werchter, London or Cardiff. Put the Superbowl halftime show as a bonus and tv performances such as RTT, also put a live performance of Dangerous and Jam from one of the better 93 leg shows. HIStory is amazing but give it a proper 25th release with the works.

Surely Dangerous 25 has to come before a HIStory Anniversary release? Black Or White is one of MJ's biggest and most popular singles of his entire career. They could release it on 7" vinyl like IJCSLY for Bad25 and include different mixes. Also the likes of Remember The Time and Jam. Release the two-disc Special Edition originally planned for 2001. Release one of the early 92 leg concerts from Munich, Rotterdam, Rome, Monza, Cologne, Oslo, Stockholm, Werchter, London or Cardiff. Put the Superbowl halftime show as a bonus and tv performances such as RTT, also put a live performance of Dangerous and Jam from one of the better 93 leg shows. HIStory is amazing but give it a proper 25th release with the works.

Well, 2015 would mark a 10 yr anniversary for HIStory.....so that comes before Dangerous 25.

But, I'm anticipating Dangerous 25 the most. I can them do it exactly like Bad 25 or even better. Def looking forward to some unreleased tracks from dangerous era and any new dangerous tour show on blu ray would be awesome.

To start thing's off, here's a link to the official HIStory 20th anniversary calendar by Bravado:
https://www.danilo.com/Shop/Calendars/Music-Calendars/-Michael-Jackson-2015-Calendar

I am sincerely hoping that we will see a Blu-Ray transfer of one of the 1996 shows! Michael is said to have worked on 50 unreleased song's during these years, will Ghosts finally be released? Time will tell, but i am indeed excited.

I doubt they will do anything for HIStory's 20th, though I would much rather they did that than yet another Thriller related release =(

Also, nothing Bravado releases is "official"

"The new extensive collection of over 200 premium items, which is the only official line of Michael Jackson merchandise available to the public, includes items created in collaboration with the late singer. It is available worldwide through http://www.MichaelJacksonMerch.com, as well as through such leading retailers as Hot Topic, Target, Old Navy and JCPenney, among many others."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...conic-superstar-michael-jackson-62272857.html

I doubt they will do anything for HIStory's 20th, though I would much rather they did that than yet another Thriller related release =(

BAD 25th anniversary calendar was released by Danilo & Bravado though. And i think it's time that the HIStory Tour & Ghosts both get released on Blu-Ray tbh.

"The new extensive collection of over 200 premium items, which is the only official line of Michael Jackson merchandise available to the public, includes items created in collaboration with the late singer. It is available worldwide through http://www.MichaelJacksonMerch.com, as well as through such leading retailers as Hot Topic, Target, Old Navy and JCPenney, among many others."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...conic-superstar-michael-jackson-62272857.html

Bravado, they are the dodgy company that own the old HIStory era logo and have links to Joe Jackson right? SOOOO not official.

BAD 25th anniversary calendar was released by Danilo & Bravado though. And i think it's time that the HIStory Tour & Ghosts both get released on Blu-Ray tbh.

There were 2 Bad 25 calenders.

I am all on board for Ghosts HD release, hopefully with the original 93 concept and other extras. But I just do not see the need for a HIStory tour show to be released. The worst of all Michaels tours, both from and energy and setlist pov. Unless they stumbled across the one secret show he did with completely live vocals I am not really that bothered. There are far to many HWT shows already out there, which basically means we have seen them all!

I thought Bravado was the only official merchandise and the Estate had a contract with them?
Although I tried to pull up that website and it said not found. ???

I am all on board for Ghosts HD release, hopefully with the original 93 concept and other extras. But I just do not see the need for a HIStory tour show to be released. The worst of all Michaels tours, both from and energy and setlist pov. Unless they stumbled across the one secret show he did with completely live vocals I am not really that bothered. There are far to many HWT shows already out there, which basically means we have seen them all!

I completely disagree with you, i think a Blu-Ray of the HIStory Tour needs to be released! yes, we have Munich.. but that is Michael's worst ever performance.. plus, it has a needless logo. You obviously know nothing about lupus or Laryngitis.

Bravado, they are the dodgy company that own the old HIStory era logo and have links to Joe Jackson right? SOOOO not official.

I don't know what are you talking about Bravado being dodgy company?
Maybe you mix it up with something else, and most definitely have no links to Joe Jackson site:D

http://www.bravado.com

There were 2 Bad 25 calenders.

You got it completely wrong. On so many levels... like so many times lately...

This is the article that does say Bravado is the official merchandiser for Michael and the Estate:

Bravado Selected as Exclusive Merchandiser for Iconic Superstar Michael Jackson
Global Merchandiser Announces New Agreement with The Estate of Michael Jackson

Share with LinkedIn

NEW YORK, Aug. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Bravado, the world's leading global music merchandising company, has entered into an agreement with the estate of Michael Jackson to be the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of merchandise for one of the most successful, prolific and iconic artists of all time, Michael Jackson. The announcement was made today by John Branca and John McClain, the Co-Special Administrators for the Estate of Michael Jackson, and Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado.

This new agreement builds upon the deal already in place between Bravado and AEG Live that placed Bravado as the exclusive merchandiser for Mr. Jackson's tour at The 02 arena in London. With this new deal, which has been done directly between the Estate and Bravado, the company will now exclusively create, market and distribute the majority of Michael Jackson-related products on a global basis.

"Bravado is the perfect partner for the Estate on Michael Jackson merchandise," stated Messrs. Branca and McClain. "The reputation of Tom and his team for creating compelling merchandise and providing strong product support is stellar. We are delighted to be working with them."

"We are thrilled to expand our services to become the exclusive merchandiser for Michael Jackson-related products," commented Mr. Bennett. "Creating this new line alongside Michael was a privilege of a lifetime; it truly celebrates Michael's unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent, and helps commemorate and preserve the legacy that is Michael Jackson."

The new extensive collection of over 200 premium items, which is the only official line of Michael Jackson merchandise available to the public, includes items created in collaboration with the late singer. It is available worldwide through http://www.MichaelJacksonMerch.com, as well as through such leading retailers as Hot Topic, Target, Old Navy and JCPenney, among many others.

About Bravado

Bravado, the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Now under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength. Bravado artists include The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Beyonce, No Doubt, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Green Day and The Killers, among many others.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

I believe Joseph was involved with something D. Wiesner was doing-but it's not this. I forgot the name-maybe Triumph?

#1 the fact HIStory being 20 yrs ago is making feel old.... Lol!!

as far as anniversary for it I won't blame anyone for not releasing something related to the anniversary. We can't expect every album to get a release every 5 yrs for an anniversary.. (20th anniversary, 25th, 30th...... So on) I think it's fair to keep with the theme mj albums have been getting (Thriller 25, BAD 25.....). Maybe we can get a dangerous 25 then a HIStory 25....

I think ink that's fair and great

#1 the fact HIStory being 20 yrs ago is making feel old.... Lol!!

as far as anniversary for it I won't blame anyone for not releasing something related to the anniversary. We can't expect every album to get a release every 5 yrs for an anniversary.. (20th anniversary, 25th, 30th...... So on) I think it's fair to keep with the theme mj albums have been getting (Thriller 25, BAD 25.....). Maybe we can get a dangerous 25 then a HIStory 25....

I think ink that's fair and great

would be pretty stupid, to have a HIStory 20th anniversary calendar and no commemorative release though. I read that HIStory Tour 3D would follow a re-release of the album, so it's possible.. it's one of Michael's best albums and i'd love to hear some of those 50 tracks Michael worked on, no matter the state of completion

Back