Michael Jackson's mother plans events in Indiana

billyworld99

Proud Member
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's mother says she is returning to her family's Indiana hometown to celebrate what would have would have been her son's 54th birthday.

An announcement released Tuesday by a representative of Katherine Jackson states the events in Gary, Ind., will be attended by the singer's three children as well.

A candlelight vigil is planned for Aug. 29 outside the family's home on Jackson's 54th birthday.

The celebration is being dubbed: "Goin' Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?"

Details on the events, including a tribute concert and an event honoring Katherine Jackson are posted on a Facebook page for the event, http://www.facebook.com/jacksonstreet2012 .

The Jackson family moved to Los Angeles as Michael and other siblings pursued their burgeoning music careers, but have kept connections to their Indiana hometown
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TRIBUTE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I hope this is not like last years "celebrations", that we see photos of kids holding Joe's stinky perfumes bottles on theirs hands.

Even the title of this event sounds tacky. I thought she didn't celebrate birthdays bc of her religion? Too good of a $$$ making opportunity huh?

Embarrassing. The title sounds like something genius Jermaine would come up with. I hope Randy, Jermaine, Rebbie and Janet are not involved in this.

I doubt that this is Katherine's who is planning this, sounds like something Joe or Jermaine to me.
I wonder if this got to do with the museum thing that K & J signed up, PR show up.
The whole lot of talentless Jackson cousins are going to sing there, PPB are made to hold Joe's perfume bottles on their hands while paps are taking photos of them, Jermaine is breaching family unite, Randy is shouting "they" are trying to break the family............

An announcement released Tuesday by a representative of Katherine Jackson states the events in Gary, Ind., will be attended by the singer's three children as well.

and they say executors are exploiting the kids:angry:
If that is not exploiting, I don't know what is. They are marketing this event by using kids as an attraction! Soon enough they are going to start asking money from the paps, 1 photo=$

Last edited:
prismsagainst5live;3683049 said:
I expect so. That book will be there and thr 99% of unshifted perfume hiked 100% in price.

Talentless cousins a plenty getting their little slice of 'worship me im a jackson' glory. Is gen still at it?

Sure they will be singing there

Tribute Concert
Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 4:00pm in PDT
1 guest
Westside Theatre Guild, Gary, Indiana
Join · Share

Tribute Concert
Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 7:30pm in PDT

^On his 7th birthday his family took him to a mall and made him sing for money - that was their gift to him.

Decades later, they call him an addict, fight against his final wishes, attempt to steal his children's inheritance money, bully his children, condone Joseph's abuse of him as a child, steal things from his final house to sell and profit-off, let his killer walk away free without having to pay for his crime for the rest of his life AND then they want to celebrate his 54th birthday with a tribute concert and all. Entrance can't be free, surely.

Oh the irony.

Let's all stand back and watch Jermaine make this all about him..

Ugh, he always does that. Even at the memorial service with his "the family was Michael's backbone, we all had his back, especially me" Yeah if you mean had his back as in stabbing him in the back then yes Jermaine, you did!

I swear nothing has ever made me as angry as Jermaine calling himself Michael's backbone and voice. Michael was the only one in that family with a back bone! And when he sang .. Oh my god... My hate for that man is unhealthy.

This new tribute concert should be interesting. This is ridiculous, this family just won't get it through their thick heads. Stop using Michael!

So, there's going to be a tribute concert & an event honoring Katherine.

I wonder which artist will go to the concert. I don't understand why they're honoring Katherine, what has she done to be honored?

i hope the judge doesn't lift the order he gave about the children not leaving CA. if the children don't want to go

No offense, but in my opinion, Mother needs to go back to Arizona, on her OWN strength this time, and continue "resting."

I mean, the pictures I saw from last year's "celebration" looked like a Hot Mess Hodge Podge! No rhyme. No reason.

Add to that Joe Jackson and Joe's "greasy" looking perfume partner, just made matters worse, and a lot MORE tacky, in my opinion.

I would expect some big or semi-big names to come out and support these types of things, but even they run for the border when a "Jackson Production" is about to take place.

It's embarrassing and certainly nothing something worthy for a person like Michael Jackson.

On a side note: In light of everything that has taken place in the last few weeks, MY personal advice to the Jacksons would be to lay low for minute.

Last edited:
If this is a "for sure" thing I will drive up there and take some photo's for you guys. I really should take a sign with me that say's "What is Michael getting out of this"?

Mod note - Thread is cleaned
Please stay on topic and please read the rules and posting guidlines for the board and for 2300 forum. Thanks

I thought Katherine doesn't celebrate birthdays. I think the kids would have more fun at Spike Lee's celebration. I doubt the kids will promote anything for the family.

I thought Katherine doesn't celebrate birthdays. I think the kids would have more fun at Spike Lee's celebration. I doubt the kids will promote anything for the family.
I was really hoping the kids would go to Venice for the premier of BAD25. THAT is going to be spectacular!!!!You are right. I think the kids would have more fun at this and their hearts would burst with pride when they see the film.

I have absolutely no problem with Michael's children coming for his birthday to his father's roots as long as they don't parade around Joe's perfume or any other unauthorized cheap "products".

Even the title of this event sounds tacky. I thought she didn't celebrate birthdays bc of her religion? Too good of a $$$ making opportunity huh?

:hysterical: Good point! I have relatives that are Jehovah's Witnesses and they DON'T celebrate holidays or birthdays (due to the paganism attached to them). The ONLY event they celebrate as a congregation/faith is the memorial of the Last Supper/Christ's resurrection.

Last edited:
elbtj9.gif
emoticons_487_0484.gif

So, there's going to be a tribute concert & an event honoring Katherine.

I wonder which artist will go to the concert. I don't understand why they're honoring Katherine, what has she done to be honored?

i hope the judge doesn't lift the order he gave about the children not leaving CA. if the children don't want to go

I was wondering the same thing about KJ.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with Michael's children coming for his birthday to his father's roots as long as they don't parade around Joe's perfume or any other unauthorized cheap "products".

I see nothing wrong with a celebration by the Jacksons to honor Michael and or Katherine. Katherine is being honored by THEM because she is their mother and Grandmother and they want to do something special for her before she is gone. I can understand that. We know the children love their grandmother very much as did Michael.. So I for the sake of the children don't want to trample on this event. I have no problem with this. It is the rest of the negative antics they pull that bring me concern. Also Let's face it, Joe is always going to be Joe. So we know what his main objective for being there is. So does the rest of the world and even his own children. It's actually to the point of being comical anymore. People expect it. Let's just hope PPB have learned a lesson from last year not to be exploited to take part in it. Paris is quite the rebel now. Just wishful thinking ..> It would really tickle me and warm my heart if she would wear a BAD25 t-shirt to that event.

Back