Michael Jackson’s Secret Never-Before-Seen Drawings

Re: New book: Artworks of Michael Jackson

Does anybody remember an old thread from last year (I searched and couldn't find it) about some weird drawings that were supposedly by Michael? I'm pretty sure everyone here decided they were fake.

They've shown up again and now they are owned by a guy, McBratney, who is a mob boss son. He wants to sell them to raise money for at risk kids.
The story just hit my news feed and it looks like the source is a tabloid-not sure.
Just wondering if anybody else heard about it.

I saw the new article about "MJ's" art from this Joe Pratt guy.
I remember him because he gave some painting to Radar, and they got those analysed by some couch therapists or something, but those painting were fake so they analysed forgers state of mind.

So this Pratt guy is back with more forgeries:doh:

I found the thread where these paintings were discussed
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...efore-Seen-Drawings?highlight=Fake%20drawings

Addition, snipped from that article
"McBratney told us his obsession with the Jackson drawings began when he bought some Jackson memorabilia on eBay, including two drawings, and was then led by a dealer to a woman in Mexico who did not speak English but said she’d acquired a number of the drawings while working for Sony, which created the Sony/ATV music publishing company with Jackson in 1985."

OK, someone working for Sony and didn't speak English! International company and didn't speak English, yeah right:smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
Bubs;4129151 said:
I saw the new article about "MJ's" art from this Joe Pratt guy.
I remember him because he gave some painting to Radar, and they got those analysed by some couch therapists or something, but those painting were fake so they analysed forgers state of mind.

So this Pratt guy is back with more forgeries:doh:

I found the thread where these paintings were discussed
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...efore-Seen-Drawings?highlight=Fake%20drawings

Addition, snipped from that article
"McBratney told us his obsession with the Jackson drawings began when he bought some Jackson memorabilia on eBay, including two drawings, and was then led by a dealer to a woman in Mexico who did not speak English but said she’d acquired a number of the drawings while working for Sony, which created the Sony/ATV music publishing company with Jackson in 1985."

OK, someone working for Sony and didn't speak English! International company and didn't speak English, yeah right:smilerolleyes:

Also interesting that 'Joe Brat' says that :

His mentor in the art world was Brett-Livingstone Strong, with whom he created the Jackson-Strong Alliance collection,” said Jeffrey Gurian, whom McBratney calls “my Jewish consigliere . . . He advises me on everything I do.”

since BLS has also confirmed that the 'Joe Brat' -owned drawings are fakes.

Also interesting that 'Joe Brat' says that :

since BLS has also confirmed that the 'Joe Brat' -owned drawings are fakes.

Did he? I didn't know that.

The estate should send Weitzman after these fakers, although it might be massive job because there are so many of them.

Those drawings in these new articles do look suspect. Some look believable. I'd guess half are genuine, half not.

Those drawings in these new articles do look suspect. Some look believable. I'd guess half are genuine, half not.

It has been categorically proved by extensive investigation in the links provided in the previous thread (see reference above) that NONE are genuine. It would be very misleading for fans to believe otherwise.

Did he? I didn't know that.

The estate should send Weitzman after these fakers, although it might be massive job because there are so many of them.

Brett has also posted this on his FB page (Official Brett- Livingstone Strong) about 9 hours ago (with a copy of the latest press report about Joe Brat's drawing collection):

Outrageous and Fantasy of completely false FABRICATION untrue lies.. Yikes...Who is this Person??Joseph McStranger Danger

Brett added in comments:

There is no such person Joseph Mc? Ever associated with any of the Jackson's or Strong's EVER??

Last edited:

It's pretty outrageous that mainstream media promotes these fakes as MJ's drawings. Even if it's just some tabloid. I think the Estate should do something against these people because 1) it may scam fans or collectors out of their money and that's a crime, 2) it diminishes Michael's art. Frankly, most of these drawings are ridiculous.

respect77;4129416 said:
It's pretty outrageous that mainstream media promotes these fakes as MJ's drawings. Even if it's just some tabloid. I think the Estate should do something against these people because 1) it may scam fans or collectors out of their money and that's a crime, 2) it diminishes Michael's art. Frankly, most of these drawings are ridiculous.

I agree, and I was amazed to see that the UK national non-tabloid paper 'The Telegraph' has picked up this story, at least in its on-line version! The valuations are hilarious. Or sad.

Mr McBratney had been offered significant sums for the art, he said, but has waited until now to sell the works as a whole collection. He said the pastel, charcoal, pencil and pen portraits of figures including Princess Diana, JFK, the Beatles and Marilyn Monroe had been authenticated and were valued in excess of $100 million (£70m).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...hael-Jacksons-drawings-to-be-put-on-sale.html

Mainstream media really has sunk on the level of the worst tabloids when it comes to MJ. Constantly republishing tabloid articles and claims without verifying if they are even true.

Telegraph have a history of picking up trash about mj and running with it. Best one was his conversion to islam and taking four wives that they took from the N.E

Yeah back around 05

It has been categorically proved by extensive investigation in the links provided in the previous thread (see reference above) that NONE are genuine. It would be very misleading for fans to believe otherwise.

Is that like the extensive analysis the Estate did in verifying the authenticity of Michael's voice? LOL

Is that like the extensive analysis the Estate did in verifying the authenticity of Michael's voice? LOL

Have you read the previous thread and links? Have you read this thread where Brett Livingstone Strong confirms that the drawings in the 'Joe Brat' collection are fake?

The people who spend time publicising these fakes are trying to protect fans from wasting their time and money reading about / following / buying these forgeries. Do you have an interest in showing that they are not forgeries?

Have you read the previous thread and links? Have you read this thread where Brett Livingstone Strong confirms that the drawings in the 'Joe Brat' collection are fake?

The people who spend time publicising these fakes are trying to protect fans from wasting their time and money reading about / following / buying these forgeries. Do you have an interest in showing that they are not forgeries?

Other fans can do and say as they please. It's just my personal opinion, dude.

Other fans can do and say as they please. It's just my personal opinion, dude.

Maybe you are not aware of what myosotis is talking about. This has nothing to do with the Estate. There are drawings out there attributed to MJ that some are trying to sell as his. Fans (not the Estate - it has absolutely nothing to do with the Estate) did research into it and there is a website where they prove extensively that these drawings are not MJ's and they also show where they come from and who made them. The evidence they present is compelling and unless you can show why they are wrong I don't get your cynical remarks about it. I think it's good that fans warn each other about this so that other fans can avoid being scammed out of their money by a fraud. It's sad enough that some of the media still promote these drawings as MJ's and such they assist to a fraud.

Last edited:

Maybe you are not aware of what myosotis is talking about. This has nothing to do with the Estate. There are drawings out there attributed to MJ that some are trying to sell as his. Fans (not the Estate - it has absolutely nothing to do with the Estate) did research into it and there is a website where they prove extensively that these drawings are not MJ's and they also show where they come from and who made them. The evidence they present is compelling and unless you can show why they are wrong I don't get your cynical remarks about it. I think it's good that fans warn each other about this so that other fans can avoid being scammed out of their money by a fraud. It's sad enough that some of the media still promote these drawings as MJ's and such they assist to a fraud.

I didn't say it had anything to with the Estate.

I also don't really care about this issue at all. I just offered my two cents. Take it or leave it.

When it comes to MJ, his person or his art, I trust my own senses. Period. I don't care if you have evidence that shows that it was Michael dancing to Slave to the Rhythm in that hologram performance or evidence to show it was Michael singing on that terrible 'Michael' album.

I did click on that thread that myosotis nudged me towards but it's 6 pages long and I don't care enough to read it all. So you should take what I'm saying with a pinch of salt and don't be concerned that I'm misleading anyone. It's just my personal opinion. Let's move on, guys.

i hope that the book will, at least, an english language release, those drawings are amazing !

i hope that the book will, at least, an english language release, those drawings are amazing !
are you talking about the German art book with Michael's real drawings?

This thread is about fake drawings and the owners trying to scam people.

I'm 100% against it but it's not like the estate releases anything worth it. So imoo i think ppl try to get whatever mj they can & the estate just don't know what they are missing out on & so are we with what they have!

Back