Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

It's been confirmed by Landis himself. It is Thriller in 3D

giphy.gif

Anyone got a link?

I think this is it.
Here's a link to the vid because I can't embed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/mjBeats/status/813758709964951552/video/1

Plain old 3D is for the dinosaurs now, but the 'new' ending still lowkey has me excited.:)

I just hope this 'new' ending isn't a bid to shoehorn in some current artist, entertainer, or celeb.
Thriller doesn't need that in the least.
I'm hoping it's something that was filmed but axed from the original, and they're just editing and/or adding onto it.

Last edited:

So how fo you get to see it unless u have a 3D t.v. or are they gonna give away plastic glasses! More intrested in them releasing the making of. Landis wont get a penny off me . Wasnt 3d tried about ten years ago and never took off

Last edited:

I was hoping for some unreleased tracks from the Thriller Era but instead we are getting 3D something which I absolutely don't care about. They couldn't do anything for Dangerous 25 yet they want to keep milking the Thriller album/era by releasing a pointless 3D. Just pathetic once again from the Estate.

John said they've remastered the video and the sound... something more interesting is that John mentions 4D sound and he's doing it next week. So obviously they must be targeting something bigger than simply a home release surely?

If this is what Landis is on about, it's very interesting:
https://youtu.be/WvM-SxrMv6s

Last edited:

it's great things are going to be remastered and have 4k sound, not that on a daily view will it make a worlds difference. Since not everyone has the environment to bring everything to its fullest potential. But it can also be used down the road as well

To be fair isnt the only reason this is been done is to appease landis because of his lawsuit?

Milking the Thriller cow makes sense simply considering it's a guaranteed money maker.

Here's hoping there's more than just a 3D remaster of the Thriller video with a new ending (which is awesome, but isn't enough to truly capture my interest as of yet).

IDK the driving force behind it but this Thriller 3D talk has been rumored and talked about for years now

I love the idea of it.

I'm concerned about a new ending though.

Why change the greatest music video of all time?

Seeing MJ in 3D at Disney World with the big old sound system is really the best way to enjoy him - hopefully Thriller 3D will receive a wide enough re-release in cinemas.

I couldn't care less about 3D... - It's deas really.

They don't even make 3D flatscreens anymore - they didn't sell at all.

So only if it gets a cinema release will I see it. - Otherwise I will wait for the next project to be exited.

I'm really not sure what to think about this. I mean, I love Thriller as much as the next person, but why convert it to 3D? What's the purpose?
Like Hess said, I would love to see something like a DVD box set with Thriller and the making of, and Ghosts (the full version) with the making of, because not enough people know about Ghosts, and it's a shame.

YESSS!! I'm happy for this. Thanks John Landis :D

John said they've remastered the video and the sound... something more interesting is that John mentions 4D sound and he's doing it next week. So obviously they must be targeting something bigger than simply a home release surely?

If this is what Landis is on about, it's very interesting:
https://youtu.be/WvM-SxrMv6s
4D sound?
Now that's interesting.

Also how the heck can they do "another ending " when mike aint here anymore...??

^^ I figure it's the same situation as the Bad music video - a second ending was shot and never released.

I would imagine this will be a straight to Blu-Ray release. I can't imagine anyone dedicating a worldwide theatrical release for a fourteen-minute music video, unless they paired it with Captain EO and Ghosts (which would be interesting but largely unlikely).

^^ I figure it's the same situation as the Bad music video - a second ending was shot and never released.

I would imagine this will be a straight to Blu-Ray release. I can't imagine anyone dedicating a worldwide theatrical release for a fourteen-minute music video, unless they paired it with Captain EO and Ghosts (which would be interesting but largely unlikely).

There are other ways they could get around it. A making of the new version and a retrospective impact documentary - I see that sort of release as being far more likely than the one you suggest. Though your idea is far more desirable to me.

Hess - regards your 3D televisions comment, could you expand on it? You can buy 3D 4k televisions brand new on the high street and major studios continue to release 3D blu-rays - see The Force Awakens this Christmas. It hardly seems like a dead format?

well there's been mentioning that the ending we see and know was not the original idea. (the truth behind that I am not too sure) but if that could be an easy answer as to what the different ending could come from.. the original plans!

AlwaysThere, is that alternate ending to Bad anywhere? Would like to see that.

There are other ways they could get around it. A making of the new version and a retrospective impact documentary - I see that sort of release as being far more likely than the one you suggest. Though your idea is far more desirable to me.

Now that's something I'd like to see. Hell, even if they just remaster the original Making of Thriller and do something with that, I'd be satisfied. But I would like to see some input from John Landis about the video, why this so-called "new ending" wasn't chosen, so on and so forth.

AlwaysThere, is that alternate ending to Bad anywhere? Would like to see that.

Yes! It's in the Bad 25 documentary.

I'm checking online but I can't seem to find a free video of it unfortunately :(

Hess - regards your 3D televisions comment, could you expand on it? You can buy 3D 4k televisions brand new on the high street and major studios continue to release 3D blu-rays - see The Force Awakens this Christmas. It hardly seems like a dead format?

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1455263207

[FONT=&quot]Modern 3D was introduced on consumer TVs in 2008/2009 but it never resonated with mainstream consumers. Samsung has now acknowledged that 3D is a dead end and has decided to officially kill 3D. None of the 2016 TVs will feature the technology. Not even the most expensive TVs that will sell for several thousands dollars will have 3D, Samsung confirmed to FlatpanelsHD at Samsung Forum 2016[/FONT]

It could be combined with any movie and/or at any movie theater group. Hotel Transylvania prepared a 8 minute short animation and had it shown before the movie at Regal Cinemas for Halloween week. So they can prepare a 3D Thriller and pair it with any other 3D movie and show it in a worldwide theatrical release.

3D will never be THE thing, it's been around and has always been a cool 'side' experience. no one would want to watch daily things in 3D. I think that's why companies are trying to push VR so much.. it's the new '3D'. and even that fast forward 8 yrs I don't see it kicking off the way they really think it will. they are pushing people that direction so hard..

But then again that's what I said about smart phones. lol.. the difference is, VR you don't have control (as in ur actual eye site is gone) and that leaves people intrigued yet powerless

Yes! It's in the Bad 25 documentary.

I'm checking online but I can't seem to find a free video of it unfortunately :(
Oh cool. I did see Bad 25 but I cannot remember that part of it... I'll watch it again sometime. Thanks.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1455263207

Modern 3D was introduced on consumer TVs in 2008/2009 but it never resonated with mainstream consumers. Samsung has now acknowledged that 3D is a dead end and has decided to officially kill 3D. None of the 2016 TVs will feature the technology. Not even the most expensive TVs that will sell for several thousands dollars will have 3D, Samsung confirmed to FlatpanelsHD at Samsung Forum 2016

Is the assumption that the many other manufacturers will follow suit?

3D is clearly an earner in cinemas. The studios and the multiplexes continue to devote a large chunk of their capacities to the format.

^ yup... it's a good what I called earlier 'side' experience.. To watch an epic movie for example on the big screen is something special. But never has It become huge house hold use.. really the only people that bough 3D TVs are people that get excited of latest tech releases and have money to spend on it. It already has faded.. so they try curve TV, 4K TVs. etc.. really the buyer likes high and higher def over 3D on a regular daily use

Back