Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

Well the Kinect version of Experience is supposed to be amazing and thats Xbox only. But I *love* my PS3 so for its media capabilities. I dont play a whole lot of games either but its got some great ones.

Well the Kinect version of Experience is supposed to be amazing and thats Xbox only. But I *love* my PS3 so for its media capabilities. I dont play a whole lot of games either but its got some great ones.

Hm... dilemma.... dilemma...

Xbox is supposed to be the most amazing console for the Experience. But, PS3 has bettter media capacitities. I can't own both. I don't play game. My gaming intelligence is in the retarded range. The only games I know are Tetris and Mario Brothers.

The PS3 versions looks just like the Wii version, but with singing capabilities and at least two more songs, plus the ability to have DLC... Which they didn't develop for the Wii version... Grumble...

... Wait, how did this become a gaming talk!?

I think the PS3 version DOES have the next gen graphics, but likely wont have the projection mapping that the kinect version will have (though the PS3 does have a camera so who knows).

personally I much prefer the animated michael over a weird ghostly version of myself...

but yeah, not much has been said about the PS3 version, so its likely it will just be a more pretty version of the wii version.

does that mean you should buy an Xbox 360 just for one game though? Maybe. You already have a bluray player (i didn't) so that bonus in the PS3 isn't a pull for you. weigh your options. but if you want the best MJ: The Experience... experience... go with the 360.

I still believe the best experience is the PS3 one because even though Kinect has player projection the PS3 one is better in my opinion with routine and price because for 300 you have a 250gb Xbox with kinect and rarely any media capabilities.But the PS3 is 3D and it has BD live and free internet.Lots of media capabilites.PS3 all the way for me.

^ Can we have all the talk about The Experience in the appropriate section please as this is the thread for Vision :)

They will really look gorgeous. Plus, the real work is primarily on the first half, off the wall through bad. The rest are much better and easier to remaster i think.

It has to be noted that his films where shot on film, but edited on video. The masters that exist are always going to be 480i until they find the original filmed elements and recreate the edit for HD. This excludes a few projects that were meant to be shown in theaters which were edited on film.

Depending on the way the original negative has been stored (thus effecting the cost of restoring the filmed elements), there is actually more work to be done on the post-Bad Videos. Basically, Thriller, Moonwalker (which includes Smooth Criminal and Leave me alone) and Ghosts are HD ready. They were edited on film for theatrical exhibition. All they have to do (and have already done for moonwalker) is make an HD master of the answer print.

With the OTW-BAD videos all they have to do is find the original filmed elements scan and re-edit them. While it isn't cheep, it isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be. Most of the videos featured straight cutting and in camera effects. Billie Jean would probably be the most time consuming to recreate (because it used a lot of early video effects).

Now with Dangerous up until HIStory (again all footage was edited on video) you have TONS of big budget effects, all of which were created in video for 480i video. Recreating all these effects would be very costly. Scream cost 7 million dollars at the time, all of that work would have to be re-created. Anything digital or comp'd in would have to be recomped. It would be a time consuming and costly process, it is something they should definantly do, and probably will. It's also the reason it hasn't been done yet.

^^With the continuous advancement in technology, I hope one day it'll be cost effective enough for Sony to upgrade all videos to HD.

Just received my Moonwalker BR, I can't wait to watch it.

It has to be noted that his films where shot on film, but edited on video. The masters that exist are always going to be 480i until they find the original filmed elements and recreate the edit for HD. This excludes a few projects that were meant to be shown in theaters which were edited on film.

Depending on the way the original negative has been stored (thus effecting the cost of restoring the filmed elements), there is actually more work to be done on the post-Bad Videos. Basically, Thriller, Moonwalker (which includes Smooth Criminal and Leave me alone) and Ghosts are HD ready. They were edited on film for theatrical exhibition. All they have to do (and have already done for moonwalker) is make an HD master of the answer print.

With the OTW-BAD videos all they have to do is find the original filmed elements scan and re-edit them. While it isn't cheep, it isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be. Most of the videos featured straight cutting and in camera effects. Billie Jean would probably be the most time consuming to recreate (because it used a lot of early video effects).

Now with Dangerous up until HIStory (again all footage was edited on video) you have TONS of big budget effects, all of which were created in video for 480i video. Recreating all these effects would be very costly. Scream cost 7 million dollars at the time, all of that work would have to be re-created. Anything digital or comp'd in would have to be recomped. It would be a time consuming and costly process, it is something they should definantly do, and probably will. It's also the reason it hasn't been done yet.

An excellent post.

Though I have a feeling even a great many of the OTW/Bad videos were shot on just that, video. Especially looking at the OTW videos they just SCREAM late 70s early 80s video. That doesn't mean they cant do an upscale, but 480i upscaled is never going to look as good as a true HD 1080p video or film upscale.

I watched Moonwalker BR last night. It's AMAZING!!!

This is how the short film of Smooth Criminal should look like. The picture quality is sharper and clearer, even the background dancers come to life. It just blows me away. All other short films look great. Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and Come Together are so much fun to watch.

What impressed me the most is the performance of MITM. I have never seen Michael's live performance in such great quality (except TII). This gives me hope. I'm hoping the BAD Tour will be released in Blue-ray next year and we can see Michael's performance in a way we have never seen before. If the Estate is listening, then please work on the Dangerous Tour as well, upgrade recordings to HD please.

For the short films of Smooth Criminal, Leave Me Alone, Speed Demon and Come Together, forget about Vision and go directly to Moonwalker.

@love is magical where did u get Moonwalker on Blu-Ray at???

I watched Moonwalker BR last night. It's AMAZING!!!

This is how the short film of Smooth Criminal should look like. The picture quality is sharper and clearer, even the background dancers come to life. It just blows me away. All other short films look great. Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and Come Together are so much fun to watch.

What impressed me the most is the performance of MITM. I have never seen Michael's live performance in such great quality (except TII). This gives me hope. I'm hoping the BAD Tour will be released in Blue-ray next year and we can see Michael's performance in a way we have never seen before. If the Estate is listening, then please work on the Dangerous Tour as well, upgrade recordings to HD please.

For the short films of Smooth Criminal, Leave Me Alone, Speed Demon and Come Together, forget about Vision and go directly to Moonwalker.

what do you mean mitm live??

^ This MITM

vlcsnap2011061123h05m41.png

vlcsnap2011061123h05m45.png

I bought the blu ray from the UK last year. I used it on my LG blu ray player once or twice last year. A few weeks ago, I was dying to watch it, and for some reason my LG player won't play it.

I don't know what happened between last year & last month. It might be a software update that we did and the BR player no longer recognizes a Zone-free BR.

Now I worry that the same thing will happen if I buy another one from the UK.

The estate should really release one for America. This is ridiculous.

Why the videos aren't widescreen in this Vision boxset? They are widescreen in HIStory Short Films dvds.

Back