Michael meets the Queen - 1977, the Queen's Silver Jubilee celebrations

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Happy long weekend to all those in the UK celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, don't forget to play Michael's music 'loud' at all those street parties etc.,

In 1977 the Jacksons performed at the Royal Command Performance at King's Hall Glasgow as part of the Queen's Silver Jubilee celebrations
~ Michael meets the Queen, what did she say to him? ..

M.J. We just came back from Europe and we performed for the Queen of England in Scotland. We’d done it five years ago for her mother, but this time it was for her and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. They asked us and we were honored to do it.

Afterwards she came backstage and she said, “Did you just come here to perform for [me]?” And we said, “Yes.” She said, “Where do you go next?” We said, “London.” She said, “Are you all brothers?” And we said, “Yes.” And she said our show was very enjoyable.

Her husband was very interested—he must have spent five minutes asking us if our parents were musically inclined: what did they play, what did my mother play? My mother played the clarinet in a band, and my father was in a singing group called the Falcons—they were a local group.

The Queen had her crown on and a pink dress with all these pearls and rubies and diamonds all over it. She wears a lot of jewelry.

The producers and the people from the [Silver] Jubilee told us that [the Queen] did something at our show that they never saw her do—she actually clapped to the music and kept time and nodded her head in keeping the time.

We were really happy to hear that; that’s really different and I was glad.

Interview with Michael by phone from Encino by Lisa Robinson.
(thank you for sharing UK loves MJ)

Facebook source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5023347221&type=1&theater<br><br><br><br><br>

564769_4094211796484_2004828923_n.jpg

what do you think after watching Stevie Wonder, Will.I.Am and others..., would have Michael been invited and performed there too? If he....

what do you think after watching Stevie Wonder, Will.I.Am and others..., would have Michael been invited and performed there too? If he....

Interesting, they might have asked him, if all had have been well, This is It would have gone great and he'd have been someone they could well have asked. Had he been asked, and his schedule could fit it, i reckon he might have done it you know, my gut instinct tells me he would have. That would have been so special to see :)

^^ I agree, I think Michael would have been honoured. I would have liked to have seen Michael knighted, he deserved it so much. Michael could have been the closing act - and even dueted with Paul Macartney. I always thought Michael was extremely interested in British history and royalty - he definitely would have done it.

I would have loved to see MJ and Stevie together, perhaps performing Just Good Friends as a teaser for Bad 25.

^^ I agree, I think Michael would have been honoured. I would have liked to have seen Michael knighted, he deserved it so much. Michael could have been the closing act - and even dueted with Paul Macartney. I always thought Michael was extremely interested in British history and royalty - he definitely would have done it.

Same, but i don't think he can be, as a US citizen, he's not a citizen of the commonwealth and therefore wouldn't be eligible for a knighthood, at least to my understanding anyway, though i may well be wrong. It would be great if he had have been Knighted though :)

Foreigners can definitely get KBE - Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (not sure about the other orders -maybe all the civil ones?), but they can't use the "Sir" title.

Foreigners can definitely get KBE - Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (not sure about the other orders -maybe all the civil ones?), but they can't use the "Sir" title.

Part of the reason i'd want it is so i could be called Sir :L joking aside i'd heard something about that, but isn't it rare it's actually done? Still if Michael had lived to an older age i could see it having happened if he was definitely eligible. I guess the monarchy traditionally give the knighthoods to older people.

Part of the reason i'd want it is so i could be called Sir :L joking aside i'd heard something about that, but isn't it rare it's actually done? Still if Michael had lived to an older age i could see it having happened if he was definitely eligible. I guess the monarchy traditionally give the knighthoods to older people.

I don't know if it's rare, I just happen to know one person who has KBE ;)
Still, I don't think Michael would get an order, I would say only people who somehow contributed to the monarchy get these orders (but I don't know much about it, I'm not even from UK)

ETA:
According to wiki there are 40 foreign people who got orders for arts and entertainment.

Last edited:
I like the 2nd question asked during this particular Interview with Lisa Robinson, Interview with Michael by phone from Encino, California, June 9, 1977:

L.R. Did you have any time to sightsee?

M.J. Well, we’re usually in these cities so quick and out the next night—we do the concert and split. But I made time in London to see Big Ben, which I’ve seen before. I’ve seen the London Bridge and Whitechapel, where Jack the Ripper was cutting people up … it’s scary. In Scotland, I saw Loch Lomond—it’s very close to Loch Ness] … We saw old castles. We didn’t see any changing of the guard this time, but we were with the guards and took some pictures. But the show in London was much wilder—I didn’t think we’d get out of that place. All through the show there were girls running up, one after another, onto the stage—poor children were being crushed and smashed. Two policemen got stabbed. The last time was even rougher, because there’s just something about the excitement in Europe … the teenyboppers and the excitement of Beatlemania. They called it “Jacksonmania.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/09/michael-jackson200909

LOCH LOMOND
loch3.gif

Michael really loves valleys and mountains!

AliCat;3653784 said:
I like the 2nd question asked during this particular Interview with Lisa Robinson, Interview with Michael by phone from Encino, California, June 9, 1977:

L.R. Did you have any time to sightsee?

M.J. Well, we&#8217;re usually in these cities so quick and out the next night&#8212;we do the concert and split. But I made time in London to see Big Ben, which I&#8217;ve seen before. I&#8217;ve seen the London Bridge and Whitechapel, where Jack the Ripper was cutting people up &#8230; it&#8217;s scary. In Scotland, I saw Loch Lomond&#8212;it&#8217;s very close to Loch Ness] &#8230; We saw old castles. We didn&#8217;t see any changing of the guard this time, but we were with the guards and took some pictures. But the show in London was much wilder&#8212;I didn&#8217;t think we&#8217;d get out of that place. All through the show there were girls running up, one after another, onto the stage&#8212;poor children were being crushed and smashed. Two policemen got stabbed. The last time was even rougher, because there&#8217;s just something about the excitement in Europe &#8230; the teenyboppers and the excitement of Beatlemania. They called it &#8220;Jacksonmania.&#8221;

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/09/michael-jackson200909

LOCH LOMOND
loch3.gif

Michael really loves valleys and mountains!

Waw ^^when he explains something you can see it vividly in your mind. He would have been a great storyteller.

About the valleys and mountains, I noticed that he loves things that conjure up peace, serenity, and calmness.

Back