Michael mentioning in new Prince bio

Rhilo

Proud Member
We are all aware of how Michael wanted Bad to be a duet with Prince initially, and how Prince turned down the offer.

This is why it was turned down:

Quincy Jones told Prince that Michael Jackson wanted to do a duet with him on his new song, then called I’m Bad. Prince considered the idea until he heard Jackson’s opening line Your butt is mine…on the demo tape. “Now who’s gonna sing that to who?” Prince joked on VH1, “’Cause you sure ain’t singing it to me. And I sure ain’t singing it to you.” He backed out, telling Quincy Jones, “You don’t need me to be on this. It’ll be a hit without me.” It certainly was, and Bad became one of Michael Jackson’s biggest hits, with an iconic video directed by Martin Scorsese.
source: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/prince-inside-the-music-and-the-masks/

We are all aware of how Michael wanted Bad to be a duet with Prince initially, and how Prince turned down the offer.

This is why it was turned down:
:D:clapping:
I don't know which version is true, Quincy or Michael wanted to do duet with Prince?
I bought Michael's Bad CD sometime ago and there were some voice-over intro's from QJ.
He says about BAD, that he (Quincy) wanted Michael to do duet with Prince, (it would have been great, just for the laughs,
it would have been great to see him come and kick Michael's butt - you butt is mine)- those are Quincy's words from the CD:)

Anyway, I too am glad that he turned down

Random point, but i had no idea Bad was directed by Martin Scorsese...ya learn something new everyday lol! :blush:

Anyway, can't imagine what it'd have been like, had they done a duet. Glad he turned it down too!

I'm glad that Prince turned it down. I really don't think that he could have added anything to the song, i'm not saying he would have made it worse. I'm just don't think he would have added anything

I've heard different stories of this how Prince turned him down on the duet but this was a new one for me.
"Your butt is mine..." :D

I enjoyed watching the you tube clip. "That wesley snipes caractor - that would've been me" I see Prince's point to why not participating. I didn't know he actually concidered the offer before turning it down.

You don't need me on this, It'll be a hit without me.... and yup it did.

I like Prince

I think Prince's rejection was a blessing. Bad is a great song and Im not a fan of Prince, so this worked out fine for me, haha!

Back