Michael recorded a song with Will Smith for Invincible?

analogue

Proud Member
Any truth to this? If it is true then does anyone have any information about the song they recorded together like the title of the song and the year it was recorded in? Will Smith making an apperence on an MJ song would have been cool. I have a feeling that MJ would have enjoyed Will Smith's positive Hip Hop style

I love Will Smith, him along with Michael (of course) Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy are my all time favourite celebs. But one day I walked into the lounge and my sister was watching Fresh Prince and she said that Will Smith just made the most horrible remark against MJ, so much so she refused to repeat it. I still like him, and noticed he was at the This Is it premiere and everytime the season changes and the sun is out, you can bet I'm playing 'Summertime' in the car on the way back from work!

WIll Smith and MJ together would be the greatest thing to happen in Music.... i can really imagine those two on an awesome upbeat track titled Bouncing to the Rhythm or something. I love Will Smith's style and Mj's added would be perfection!

I love Will Smith, him along with Michael (of course) Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy are my all time favourite celebs. But one day I walked into the lounge and my sister was watching Fresh Prince and she said that Will Smith just made the most horrible remark against MJ, so much so she refused to repeat it. I still like him, and noticed he was at the This Is it premiere and everytime the season changes and the sun is out, you can bet I'm playing 'Summertime' in the car on the way back from work!

Remember that in the Eddie Murphy made fun of MJ in 1983 singing SOOML and his lips. They make fun of him before they meet him. WS met MJ in 2002 while filming Men In Black II. In 2002 they interviewed him and he said:

"The persona that is created of Michael Jackson is very different when you're in a room with him, when you're talking to him. He's very funny. He actually fights. I was surprised. He's like a blue belt in Tae Kwan Do or something. I'd just done 'Ali,' and I felt that Michael Jackson might be able to hurt me. That dude looks sharp. He's a fast mover. You see how somebody could dance and move that good and do those spins. That takes strength man."

i remember hearing that rumor back when mj was recording invincible.

Never heard about it before now.

But if they did a song, I think it would be after 2001 since they first met for the filming of MIB2 in 2002?

I remember this rumour, too. It came up during Invincible Sessions, but I do not find any news/source for this by now.

^^^^

Thanks. But he doesn't talk about making a song with MJ.

From what I heard yeah it does exist!

The song starts with spaceship noises and then you can hear Will's rap and then Michael.

MJ almost finished vocals on it.

^^^^^

Sounds like the start of Scream. :)

Maybe it's a Scream part 2 kind of song.

yea i remember hearin this report somewhere back in 2000 or so when he was workin on Invincible..

there were also reports he wrote songs with Sisquo, P. Diddy, and Missy Elliott!!!!

there was actually a quote from Missy saying that she was "teaching Mike how to rap!" haha

-Dal

Well Will Smith and MJ have been in terms since I think 1997??? roughly around there when he helped Tatiana Ali get heard by MJ and part of his label etc.. So they knew each other since at least around there

This.

They didn't meet until 2002.

Is that a problem ? Santana never meet MJ for "Whatever Happened", Fats (he raps on 2 songs on Invincible) NEVER meet MJ, he only talked to him one time on the phone.

So if MJ didn't meet Will Smith until 2002 it doesn't mean that they never recorded any songs... ;)

And yeah there Sisqo made 2 songs with MJ and he is in the background of one of them. There is also a duet with Lauryn Hill and one with Ray Charles. But never heard of a duet with Missy Eliott...

yea i read about the ray charles and laryn hill tracks as well..

-Dal

Back