Michael rehearsed for the first 30th Anniversary concert?

I would only hint at "This is it" that indeed the 'comparison' is not 'accurate' cause we only saw the BEST parts and NOT the ones where he was 'fallen apart' .

Everything from the This Is It rehearsals was shown at the Conrad Murray trial and the jury found nothing wrong with Michael.

Michael had health issues, but nothing that would have caused death. I just wish that he would have gotten proper help for his insomnia.

Last edited:
^ someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't footage kept out of the trial specifically because of it's financial earnings for the future?? Plus I watched the enitre trial online (stream) and did not see any special footage.. Only the horrifying pictures of Michael's lifeless body.

Can we not admit there is a reason that half of This Is It was not filmed within those 3 days at the Staple Center they advertise? Can we acknowledge that or pretend that was not done on purpose?

Michael was not ok! We have gotten signs over the years and our denial has had many effects... arguments within the fan community, hatred towards anyone that has mention addictive or dependent behavior Michael had, and various issues that we have not rebounded from..

I remember YEARS ago in a thread stating how worried I was that Michael never sleeps... what happened? I got yelled at, and so much sh** talked to for it.. well guess what? .......

Well remember the defense team got to watch all the footage and the judge was halfway thru it, when they stopped bc they found no evidence of Michael not being on top of it.
TII and MSG were totally different.

^ someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't footage kept out of the trial specifically because of it's financial earnings for the future?? Plus I watched the enitre trial online (stream) and did not see any special footage.. Only the horrifying pictures of Michael's lifeless body.

Can we not admit there is a reason that half of This Is It was not filmed within those 3 days at the Staple Center they advertise? Can we acknowledge that or pretend that was not done on purpose?

Michael was not ok! We have gotten signs over the years and our denial has had many effects... arguments within the fan community, hatred towards anyone that has mention addictive or dependent behavior Michael had, and various issues that we have not rebounded from..

I remember YEARS ago in a thread stating how worried I was that Michael never sleeps... what happened? I got yelled at, and so much sh** talked to for it.. well guess what? .......

I definitely agree with you.

I think he performed well with The Jacksons and TWYMMF was great:

I'm not a fan of the duet performance but Michael was great in my opinion.

Was this the first night or second night?

Also does anyone know what Michael got up to between the 2 shows 8th and 9th Sep?

Was this the first night or second night?

Also does anyone know what Michael got up to between the 2 shows 8th and 9th Sep?

That is from the first show but I don't know about the intro. It could be mix from both shows.

In Frank Cascio's book he said that when he went to pick up Michael for the concert he was still in bed and clearly under some medication. They were late and the show started 1 hour late. He also said that "the first show had gone well, but during the second show everyone involved was better prepared, more confident, and more relaxed, especially Michael. There were no problems."

The 30th anniversary show is awful, he was off his face on drugs and hadn't performed a show in how long? since 1999? Covering his mouth for most of the concert was so annoying, I've watched it once and never again. He was completely on auto pilot, a phoned in performance if ever there was one.

Actually, the trial judge reviewed the footage and determined there wasn't anything remarkable.

I agree 150% because it's all true, this concert never should have been scheduled because it was never going to happen...

Still not understanding why this was a question....do u think he just jumped on stage and made a setlist and cues as he went along? of course he rehearsed lol

Actually, the trial judge reviewed the footage and determined there wasn't anything remarkable.
Yes, it wasn't shown to jurors. Lawyers on both sides did get to see it. Flanagan (one of Murray's attorneys) commented on it as well:

Meanwhile, Pastor agreed to travel across town to Sony Pictures Studios to view 16 hours of raw footage from Jackson's rehearsal movie "This Is It," which lawyers want to use as evidence. Prosecutors and defense attorneys spent two weeks examining more than 100 hours of video and have submitted requests for excerpts. The prosecution wants 12 hours; the defense seeks four hours of video.

Flanagan acknowledged outside court that the defense didn't find what they had hoped for -- footage of Jackson appearing ill or impaired before his death.

Asked what conclusion could be reached from viewing the Jackson rehearsals, he said, "He is very talented. Even on his bad days, he's good."
"We believe his health is somewhat compromised, but he's not displaying it," said Flanagan. He said the only implication of problems might be days when Jackson was absent from rehearsals.

He now believes that showing footage from the film is irrelevant to the trial. "I really think it's a big waste of time," he said.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OJK5P00.htm

The lawyers and judge were definitely very lucky to sit and watch that footage... Just to have been in that room for that day as they reviewed it!

Yes, it wasn't shown to jurors. Lawyers on both sides did get to see it. Flanagan (one of Murray's attorneys) commented on it as well:
I remember when Flanagan made this announcement. They fought that out so hard-they were determined they were going to find something.

It cracked me up-it was good to laugh.

Back