Michael - The Great Album Debate

We should all fly to one location and duke this debate out one last time in person fist to fist. :D See who really has the stronger argument. :lol: We're like ... 'Who's that guy in the corner just staring at us?' 'That's nasty.' BUMPER walks in and he really is a baboon with a huge endowment.

We should all fly to one location and duke this debate out one last time in person fist to fist. :D See who really has the stronger argument. :lol: We're like ... 'Who's that guy in the corner just staring at us?' 'That's nasty.' BUMPER walks in and he really is a baboon with a huge endowment.

We could debate inhere:

A-boxing-ring-001.jpg

Hahaha, that was funny!

But, @ Stella : MJ neither JM use a natural v-i-b-r-a-t-o...... (r) on those tracks (IMO of course)
:-D
edit : my word "use" is not appropriate, because vibrato is worked on, nobody's natural vibrato sounds like that (IMO)

Grace has lied before hasn´t she? And Mama Cascio said to Michael and was very strict when telling him "no drugs in my home" kind of thing? Maybe they all lie in this. And those other people who spent time with him when he was in New York while he lived at the Cascio´s? Who said he was sharp as a knife and looked healthy.

Everybody lies..

He sounded sharp and clear headed in the audio from the Ebony interview. As sharp as ever.

Please the remaining Cascio songs, leak in full.. I am positive Ivy will change her mind. I really am.

Hahaha, that was funny!

But, @ Stella : MJ neither JM use a natural v-i-b-r-a-t-o...... (r) on those tracks (IMO of course)
edit : my word "use" is not appropriate, because vibrato is worked on, nobody's natural vibrato sounds like that (IMO)

I think you should listen to some of Jason's own songs or any of his live performances/rehearsals. His vibrato is exactly like that naturally.

On Jason's old website, he used to advertise himself as "the singer with the unique vibrato."

Hahaha, that was funny!

[youtube]mj7vaJJPtro[/youtube]

[youtube]UrB0ditWv4Y[/youtube] (wayyyyyyyyy, yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, staaaaaaaayyyyyyy, awaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) he even does a fast vibrato in the BAAAYYYBEEEH!!!

Dude is a master in bad vibrato.

I think you should listen to some of Jason's own songs or any of his live performances/rehearsals. His vibrato is exactly like that naturally.

On Jason's old website, he used to advertise himself as "the singer with the unique vibrato."

How can we know it is his natural vibrato, we stood next to him and there were no soundtechnical things in the room.... or even.... was there sound already so that he could lip-sync ? No way the vibrato that we hear in Breaking News is natural, neither is JM's vibrato that we hear. Following my ears (of course... maybe only mine?).
That does not mean that I believe it can not be JM or an imposter, it means only that I don't hear the vibrato as a natural vibrato.

How can we know it is his natural vibrato, we stood next to him and there were no soundtechnical things in the room.... or even.... was there sound already so that he could lip-sync ? No way the vibrato that we hear in Breaking News is natural, neither is JM's vibrato that we hear. Following my ears (of course... maybe only mine?).
That does not mean that I believe it can not be JM or an imposter, it means only that I don't hear the vibrato as a natural vibrato.

It's jason Malachi's natural vibrato. There are loads of videos of him singing live both on stage and at home and in rehearsal. That's how his vibrato sounds. He has a very shaky vibrato. The vibrato on the Cascio songs is the same one. No processing technique would ever cause such a vibrato.

^ Yep, because it's broken up in a 'laughing' sounding improper way. You'd have to go in and chop up Michael's vibrato and add little gaps to get the same effect. It wouldn't be a case of just speeding it up or repitching it, they would have had to completely reconstruct his vibrato to be identical to Malachi's broken and goat/laugh vibrato.

Did you see my post?..

Did you see my post?..
Yes I did and... no prob, forget my post... I just don't trust those vibrato's, I don't know... some of them sound normal, some other ones don't... And somewhere I read an explanation for Casciotrack singer's vibrato... no it is not only Melodyne, it said, but also other tools .... But it has no use here because I did not save it and I forgot the link. Anyway, not everybody agrees on it being natural vibrato's.
It 's allright with me if you hear it as natural vibrato's :). I hear it different, that's all.

I understand you could think it doesn't sound natural, I almost agree, but with years and years of practice, you can get it to sound like that. It's also unlikely that Jason had producers put melodyne on every line on all of Jason's songs + all Cascio songs.

I understand you could think it doesn't sound natural, I almost agree, but with years and years of practice, you can get it to sound like that. It's also unlikely that Jason had producers put melodyne on every line on all of Jason's songs + all Cascio songs.

That sounds almost believable... "with years of practice", but... no I don't think so, not that way... As for melodyne : it does not have to be because of melodyne or melodyne alone, we know that there exist (and maybe were there) some other tools. And for "on every line" : no, I already said myself that "some of the vibrato's (to me) sound normal and some other vibratos don't", that is what I think I hear.

That sounds almost believable... "with years of practice", but... no I don't think so, not that way... As for melodyne : it does not have to be because of melodyne or melodyne alone, we know that there exist (and maybe were there) some other tools. And for "on every line" : no, I already said myself that "some of the vibrato's (to me) sound normal and some other vibratos don't", that is what I think I hear.
Okay, okay.

So tell me this, do you hear the "fake" vibrato here?
http://soundcloud.com/pentum/gone-too-soon-snippet

Because it's clearly the same fast vibrato.

[youtube]nmvqx2urIHI[/youtube]Another example of a dude trying to sing like Jason with an almost identical vibrato. Just as fast, no tricks :)

@ Pentum : "Because it's clearly the same fast vibrato."

I listened to your snippet on soundcloud.
To me it sounds different. But for what I am going to say I have to admit I know very little about technical things. Now, I hear there are 2 long vibrato's in that snippet. At the very beginning of the snippet, that vibrato seems to be affected by sound problems (maybe too close to microphone or something, I don 't know ) but it is not as shaky as for example "cra-a-z-a-a-a-y-y-y" in BN. The second vibrato sounds rather normal to me.

edit : so sorry for mixing up names Stella and Pentum, aww ;-)

Last edited:

But Pentum, that special vibrato "with years and years of practice" that's sooo recognizable... would JM do that in a track that's supposed to be Michael's? Would he want to be recognized deliberately?

[youtube]BENibl0ZOKw[/youtube]

[youtube]9DExMNdStZU[/youtube]

[youtube]D3GhgHBK288[/youtube]

Last edited:
But Pentum, that special vibrato "with years and years of practice" that's sooo recognizable... would JM do that in a track that's supposed to be Michael's? Would he want to be recognized deliberately?

Sure, because it's obviously just his way of doing the vibrato. When he imitates MJ and when he is not.

Foolish, yes, among other things.

Jason Malachi's vibrato is like a dog's quickly panting when he's exhausted or exited. I don't like it. You can have a beautiful ballad, but with these kinds of vibrato's you will ruin it.

Maybe the word 'natural' is a bit mixed up here. Jason's vibrato is natural, he does use that vibrato all by himself, no tools used other than his voice....but on the other hand it's not natural, because he's faking the vibrato and it doesn't sound natural (unlike Michael's vibrato). Hope I'm making sense.

AKZ4

I got til 1.54.

I want to make something clear. I love music and some of Jason's songs really aren't that bad and also not sung that bad at all. I like it when people do their best to be creative and who am I to shoot it down? But that vibrato and tone deafness......sigh.

If it wasn't for this controversy, I wouldn't be talking about Jason Malachi at all.

Cascio's singer's vibrato:

[youtube]1PWcc3y_NlY[/youtube]
Yup, exactly.

The exact same vibrato that Jason has, which can be heard not only in his own songs but also in numerous live performances where there is no studio trickery, is all over the Cascio tracks. It is indeed a natural vibrato. Jason just has a very uncontrolled vibrato. This was also pointed out by Tony Kurtis his former producer who identified him on the Cascio songs.

The exact same vibrato that Jason has, which can be heard not only in his own songs but also in numerous live performances where there is no studio trickery, is all over the Cascio tracks. It is indeed a natural vibrato. Jason just has a very uncontrolled vibrato. This was also pointed out by Tony Kurtis his former producer who identified him on the Cascio songs.

Actually I don't care too much about JM. People say his vibato's are unprocessed? All right, we are all free to hear what we hear...
But the Cascio songs... the long vibrato's in Breaking News are processed without any doubt, of course only folowing my own ears ;-).
And for the fun in this thread... nothing wrong with making fun, but how can we be taken serious in serious matters like accusing JM from singing fake parts in MJ 's songs?

The exact same...
It is indeed...
Tony Kurtis...

I call that a misconception that won't ever lead to success in proving those severe accusations.

The exact same...
It is indeed...
Tony Kurtis...

I call that a misconception that won't ever lead to success in proving those severe accusations.

Because of course you have so much to disprove that misconception.

Last edited:
Actually I don't care too much about JM. People say his vibato's are unprocessed? All right, we are all free to hear what we hear...
But the Cascio songs... the long vibrato's in Breaking News are processed without any doubt, of course only folowing my own ears ;-).
And for the fun in this thread... nothing wrong with making fun, but how can we be taken serious in serious matters like accusing JM from singing fake parts in MJ 's songs?

If his vibratos are processed then how does he manage to do the same vibrato when singing live? And the vibrato in the Cascio songs is not the result of processing. Processing is just a buzz word. There is no specific post production process that can make such a vibrato, unless you wanted to do it on purpose which makes no sense at all. The vibrato on the songs is the natural vibrato of the vocalist. If it were somehow created artificially then where can we hear an example in other material? Or did Eddie Cascio create musical history by making the only 12 sngs in existence to suffer such an affect?

Back