Michael - The Great Album Debate

Wasn't it BJ Hickman who claimed that? The fan who got some attention during the trial?

It's a shame we have to even have this discussion.

It's obvious the songs are not Michael, maybe bits and pieces but not my Michael. As previously said if they were we'd all be a lot more excited when they leak.

- Malachi coming forward, then claiming someone hacked his site (he was prob. threatened with legal action)

worldwide hacked his accounts and publicly admitted to it on this forum even posting screencaps from his emails. so that hacking was real.

Is this person you spoke with the guy claiming to have heard the Cascio songs being recorded from outside of the Cascio house? LOL, because I remember that dude talking publicly about it back in 10

No, it was a girl from showbiz Michael met in LA and befriended in 2008.

worldwide hacked his accounts and publicly admitted to it on this forum even posting screencaps from his emails. so that hacking was real.

I missed that, thanks for the info.

Back in 2010 I talked to someone who was in communication with Michael in his last year, and they said they had heard an acapella of "Keep Your Head Up" from him (I don't know if it was live or on tape). This person also claimed they had heard "Breaking News", but it had sounded rather different than what was released. Some of the lyrics had been different. This person said Sony "butchered" the song.

So what I think might have happened was that Michael really did record these songs at Cascio's, but he didn't finish the job at the time (as it often happened with his work), and when Eddie turned in the songs, the vocals were incomplete. Then someone (Sony or whoever else) hired an impersonator under NDA to finish the job. Then they mixed Michael's parts of vocal with newly recorded parts from a sound-alike, chose 3 songs that sounded most convincing and put them on the album. And that started the whole debate. Stupid and reckless thing to do, but it's the only explanation I can find to fit all pieces together:
- Eddie insisting that MJ did record those songs
- Michael singing "Water, water" at TII
- "Breaking News" and "Monster" sounding like MJ in some places and not like MJ in other places
- Malachi coming forward, then claiming someone hacked his site (he was prob. threatened with legal action)
- Teddy Riley swinging from camp to camp
- someone claiming they heard the songs from Michael
- Frank hinting that there is a lot of conspiracy going on but saying there is MJ in those songs
etc.

There's no way that happened.

One: there are dozens upon dozens of songs that have only a verse or two recorded. Hollywood Tonight is missing additional verses and a bridge, and Best of Joy is missing a third verse that was written. So why didn't anyone hire an impersonator to finish those?

Two: all twelve Cascio songs were delivered completely finished in terms of vocals. So if there was an impersonator hired to record the missing parts, that was on Eddie's behest and any fraud claims would have to be placed on him.

Three: There is absolutely no proof that Michael had a hand in any of these songs. No handwritten notes, work tapes, etc. There are however several subtle hints that point towards Malachi's involvement - his producer Tony Kurtis stating that it is indeed Jason on the songs, Jason suddenly disappearing into thin air for almost two years after the songs' release and Jason saying he "can't confirm or deny" anything relating to the recordings are two of the biggest ones.

Four: The excuses for Michael's involvement are idiotic. Recording in a shower? There isn't any natural reverb on any of the songs. Michael was sick? Why would he fully record twelve songs while sick? Michael was so happy with the songs that he wanted all other vocals destroyed? Why would Michael be happy with the off-key intro to Fall in Love? There are too many to list.

Five: No matter what anyone says, these songs are not up to Michael's standards. The lyrics jump all over the place and the music is complete rehashes of previous work (yes, Michael wasn't always 100% original, but he was never once this desperate for ideas). Even for "demo recordings," which are claims from most, they're terrible.

Six: Other than copy/pastes from other songs, I don't hear a single Michael Jackson vocal in any of the twelve songs. Michael does not have such an intensely shaking vibrato, he does not have a weak vibrato and he does not pronounce certain words the way "he" does in some songs.

Six: Other than copy/pastes from other songs, I don't hear a single Michael Jackson vocal in any of the twelve songs. Michael does not have such an intensely shaking vibrato, he does not have a weak vibrato and he does not pronounce certain words the way "he" does in some songs.
Play "Stay" and you will hear.

The worst thing about those Jason Malachi tracks it´s that they copied structures, concepts or demo ideas from Jason Malachi own tracks ("Let me let go", "Room2breath", "I´m with you") and they created new ones based on old Michael Jackson songs ("HIStory", "Whatever Happens" "You are not alone", etc...).

And also "Imagine" from John Lennon.

They had no imagination when they written these songs, absolute zero imagination. How the heck could they copy-paste the SIM beat in All Right? That's so arkward.
I agree with Kapital77. They copied ideas just to make the tracks to seem real, but they fooled themselves.
However, the shakely vibrado and the weird pronounce are NOT Michael's. Even a 2 years old baby can say if it's Michael or not.

Play "Stay" and you will hear.

I love Stay quite honestly. With a few lyrical adjustments and maybe some musical changes I would love to have heard Michael sing it. But again, the vibrato is there as is the odd pronunciation and weak falsetto.

They had no imagination when they written these songs, absolute zero imagination. How the heck could they copy-paste the SIM beat in All Right? That's so arkward.

That's not even the worst of them, to me. Re-using a beat is one thing, but Ready 2 Win copies the melody from On the Line completely. It seems that there's a reason some of these songs weren't released - there would need to be credit given to the other songwriters and Eddie and James would collect less royalties. (Especially from Water - Heaven Can Wait has four or five songwriters when you don't count Michael.)

I love Stay quite honestly. With a few lyrical adjustments and maybe some musical changes I would love to have heard Michael sing it. But again, the vibrato is there as is the odd pronunciation and weak falsetto.

That's not even the worst of them, to me. Re-using a beat is one thing, but Ready 2 Win copies the melody from On the Line completely. It seems that there's a reason some of these songs weren't released - there would need to be credit given to the other songwriters and Eddie and James would collect less royalties. (Especially from Water - Heaven Can Wait has four or five songwriters when you don't count Michael.)

One more reason for not releasing these songs is that Malachi's voice is more obvious, like Water and FIL.
Imagine Eddie and Porte sued by original song-writers of Heaven Can Wait, if they weren't credited.

I'm writing a new book it's called "My Brother Eddie" in the mean time:

Hope you all got my EXCLUSIVE RARE PRESENT as well ;D

I honestly think Michael only sang on Best of Joy, Hold My Hand, Much Too Soon, Behind the Mask, and Hollywood Tonight. The others (unless I'm missing one. I think I am.) are by Jason Malachi. If Michael didn't sing like that before.

I honestly think Michael only sang on Best of Joy, Hold My Hand, Much Too Soon, Behind the Mask, and Hollywood Tonight. The others (unless I'm missing one. I think I am.) are by Jason Malachi. If Michael didn't sing like that before.

You're missing Another Day and The Way You Love Me ;)

I'm sorry for that kid. Poor kid doesn't know that it isn't MJ, he's too young.

It is a clip on Youtube with a 3-4 years old girl who recognized Michael while she was listening MICHAEL and she listened Malachi's songs, then listened Cascio tracks and then she said it's not Michael. Search it.

It is a clip on Youtube with a 3-4 years old girl who recognized Michael while she was listening MICHAEL and she listened Malachi's songs, then listened Cascio tracks and then she said it's not Michael. Search it.

but then she said Hollywood Tonight wasn't Michael.

I hope all your comments were kind and not ridiculing, he is just a little kid.

I hope all your comments were kind and not ridiculing, he is just a little kid.
It's really uncomfortable how so young kids in todays generation can even put up videos of themselves... But hey, that's another discussion...

It's really uncomfortable how so young kids in todays generation can even put up videos of themselves... But hey, that's another discussion...

100% Agree, maybe his parents posted for him idk, maybe not, kids seem to know how it all works, but as you quite rightly say that is another discussion altogether. I just don't want to see a young child being a laughing stock, I'm sure you guys wouldn't be mean but sometimes there is a ripple effect.

That was quite funny.

'Got you drunk enough to fall' and then he let's himself fall on the ground pretty hard: LMAO!!

He listens to the music: watch his shouldermoves at 1.19 (in sync with the guitar, lol). And he dances to the rhythm.

Liked it.

Kapital77;3796975 said:
The worst thing about those Jason Malachi tracks it´s that they copied structures, concepts or demo ideas from Jason Malachi own tracks ("Let me let go", "Room2breath", "I´m with you") and they created new ones based on old Michael Jackson songs ("HIStory", "Whatever Happens" "You are not alone", etc...).

And also "Imagine" from John Lennon.

This is true too. I noticed that the first time with Burn Tonight & Mamacita. It's present on a couple of the newer leaked tracks as well.

The recently leaked Jason track "Without You" is basically a demo of Water. .

Back