Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

^^
Exactly deano, but i observe this for days & days & posts above posts, above posts...

Or:
Some must be watching a science fiction movie (best case).
Or live in some sort of scientific world.

In addition to the "believers" and "non believers", there is another group of us who are simply in search of fair explanations regarding the quality of these vocals. Many of us are not fully comfortable with either the conspiracy theory as a whole or with the lack of reasonable evidence from the other side which could validate these tracks and Michael's overall involvement. Although we purchased the album and encouraged others to do so, we have questions regarding these songs in comparison to others and have a really hard time understanding how the situation has been allowed to get this far. We are concerned about the impact of this whole issue on Michael's legacy and hope that it will be fully resolved.

That's how I've been feeling. When some believed Jason Malachi would post "HIRE ME YNO$" on his website, I nearly had a stroke from the wave of stupidity.

I really hope this gets resolved soon, as well, although I'm quite curious to see if some solid evidence comes out that Michael DID sing these tracks, what will these doubters say that have been so confident in themselves?

Ok. I have wasted enough of my time on here today, and it is nearly time to go home from work, so I shall bid you all a 'good evening' (or morning if you are in other parts of the world :wink:).

I thought you didn't believe anything Teddy Riley said, and he couldn't be trusted?

That's right. Where have I contradicted that. His recent posts, in fact, confirm that. He doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

I'm beginning to think you might be the kind of person who only believes in statements that agree with what you think, or interprets them in a way that matches your predisposition - is that where I have been going wrong?

From the person that posted this

Do I think MJ is on the Cascio tracks? Yes.
Do I think MJ was involved in writing/producing/creating the Cascio tracks? Yes.
How much do I think he was invloved in the Cascio tracks? Enough.
Do I think JM is on the Cascio tracks? No.
Do I think there are other singers on the Cascio tracks with MJ? Yes.
Do I care that the songs had to be 'finished' by others due to MJ's tragic death? No.
Do I think that boycotting MJ products and having a negative impact on his future success is a 'sane' way of reacting to the fact he is no longer with us and can not finish projects himself? NO!

The irony...

It's Good Morning for me, deano. :D Good Evening to you! :) Goodbye!

That's how I've been feeling. When some believed Jason Malachi would post "HIRE ME YNO$" on his website, I nearly had a stroke from the wave of stupidity.

I really hope this gets resolved soon, as well, although I'm quite curious to see if some solid evidence comes out that Michael DID sing these tracks, what will these doubters say that have been so confident in themselves?

What have the believers been saying WITHOUT that 'solid evidence'?

Confident in ourselves? You're not? You should ask yourself why.

In addition to the "believers" and "non believers", there is another group of us who are simply in search of fair explanations regarding the quality of these vocals. Many of us are not fully comfortable with either the conspiracy theory as a whole or with the lack of reasonable evidence from the other side which could validate these tracks and Michael's overall involvement. Although we purchased the album and encouraged others to do so, we have questions regarding these songs in comparison to others and have a really hard time understanding how the situation has been allowed to get this far. We are concerned about the impact of this whole issue on Michael's legacy and hope that it will be fully resolved.
These are my thoughts, as well, thank you for the wonderful post, donalb.

While I lean more towards the 'believers' than the 'non believers', I still remain in the middle and haven't made a 100% certain decision yet. I know that there are still things possible, there are many questions that remain unanswered.

Part of me feels like, with the mysterious aura that the industry feels goes along with Michael Jackson, they will prevent as much evidence as possible from coming out. I think they like to leave things out in the open, for that extra controversy sale. I think that's been one of the reasons this hasn't been better resolved yet, perhaps.

Like I've said so many times, I have doubts, mostly because of the lack of evidence(handwritten notes, journals, video, anything) and his singing. I have said the story of how my heart sank when I heard Breaking News for the first time, but I keep in mind that I'd also heard on the news earlier that day, or the day before, that Michael's children doubted the authenticity, which put a slight bias on my listening in my opinion.

I just want to see this come out, and I want Michael's legacy to remain as in tact as possible throughout this entire thing. However, I don't think there's going to be much done to destroy Michael Jackson's absolutely incredible legacy. People will always remember Thriller, The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad, and Black or White over Monster, Keep Your Head Up, and Breaking News.

It's because:

Even if my wording is too offending (and even maybe your wish will get fulfilled), it's simply the truth.
I only speak the truth when i say:

@ donalb: I'm fully with you.
But at the moment, childish argumentation and harping down the same old fabricated story have again overtaken all reason & sanity.

One is not able to have a normal & reasonable communication.

Don't you think??

And, if i may say, it's not the "believers" who seem to not discuss reasonable.

I think some of you (or maybe everyone) should take a rest from this topic. It's clearly not healthy for you. I visit this thread after leaving it behind a long time ago, and I immediately feel like I'm losing my sanity again. Haven't we outdiscussed this by now? I feel like nothing new is added by either sides. It's just a status quo that is not going to change until real evidence comes up. So why not close the debate topics? They do nothing but spoil the admosphere around here.

Hey Roosje:

Not completely right.

In some postings (of course you have to search the last 20 pages through this BS) we got real good information (mostly from ivy).

And the whole "tell me why the cascios registered the songs 2 days after MJ's passing bogus / BIG CONSPIRACY GOING ON" went over the ship's rail with a big splash.

Last edited:

^^ Aniram and Mjjjunior: mmm You might be right, this has to be discussed and it's good it's constrained to these topics only. It's just that it really influences the mood on the entire board. I feel like not checking this section because I get instantly depressed by all the fighting on this forum, while this is, for god's sake, a Michael Jackson forum. This state we're in as a fan community just saddens me, and I don't know if the few valuable points made in this discussion amidst all the arguing are really worth it.

I see what you mean, and I agree with you. Michael and his fans definitely don't deserve this. I hope it gets resolved VERY SOON.

if some solid evidence comes out that Michael DID sing these tracks, what will these doubters say that have been so confident in themselves?

If we see some real, conclusive, solid evidence that definitively proves Michael Jackson is the person singing these lead vocals, I'll happily throw my hands up and say "You know what guys... I was wrong".

But I'm damn near positive that's not going to happen, ever. If there was evidence, they would have shown it by now. Instead of making hilarious laughable excuses, like they don't have any unprocessed vocals because "the computer broke".

What's hilarious is that the Cascio's appear to have no shortage of pictures and footage of Michael hanging out in their house in a personal setting. And yet not a single photo or clip of him recording. Doesn't that strike you as a little strange? Other songs on the album (and from previous albums) have handwritten notes Michael made about them. Yet there don't appear to be any for these songs. How convenient.

Roosje, i completely agree with you. And i feel the same. Therefore i spend already some days, not coming here anymore, or quickly lurking only...

It's sad, but you & me & the most of the others are not the ones who bring the negativity in.

(My REactions are often not that positive, but how can one react positive to this whole fabricated mess???)

This is a Michael Jackson Fan Forum.

Sometimes ask myself if we are on JM's My Space - Page... Really SAD!

If we see some real, conclusive, solid evidence that definitively proves Michael Jackson is the person singing these lead vocals, I'll happily throw my hands up and say "You know what guys... I was wrong".

If Michael Jackson told me himself that he sang those songs, that in 2007, for a 3 month period, he tried his best to sound like Jason Malachi, I wouldn't believe it. Nothing in the world will ever make me believe that Michael Jackson, the greatest vocalist of the last century, sang on those songs.

^^ Aniram and Mjjjunior: mmm You might be right, this has to be discussed and it's good it's constrained to these topics only. It's just that it really influences the mood on the entire board. I feel like not checking this section because I get instantly depressed by all the fighting on this forum, while this is, for god's sake, a Michael Jackson forum. This state we're in as a fan community just saddens me, and I don't know if the few valuable points made in this discussion amidst all the arguing are really worth it.

The thing is, this debate thread can be a very enlightening, productive place to be. However, there are a few people that come in here and derail the threads for whatever reason suits them. If this area depresses you, don't visit it. The fact of the matter is that this topic NEEDS discussing. It NEEDS resolving and that's why we're in here. No evidence has surfaced in any way, shape, or form. There is a reason why we're so heated about this. There's a reason why we're so passionate about this.

Sam: It's always wiser to keep an open mind. You come across childish, being stubborn like this. It's a shame really, because if you're proven wrong you will have to eat your own words. Let's hope for solid proof soon. Demo's, handwritten notes, studio footage, whatever. It will be convincing to most doubters I'm sure. Unless you are a 'knower' like Sam that is. Why do I think of Teddy all of a sudden?

The thing is, this debate thread can be a very enlightening, productive place to be. However, there are a few people that come in here and derail the threads for whatever reason suits them. If this area depresses you, don't visit it. The fact of the matter is that this topic NEEDS discussing. It NEEDS resolving and that's why we're in here. No evidence has surfaced in any way, shape, or form. There is a reason why we're so heated about this. There's a reason why we're so passionate about this.

Brilliantly said.

If you don't like fans talking about it, go to another thread. If you love the songs, love them. Why involve yourselves in a thread that is specifically set up to discuss the controversy of the Cascio tracks?

True, it needs discussion. But since no proof whatsoever has been presented it's just wash, rinse, repeat. Boring and an invitation for personal attacks to some. This makes for a depressing read. And even when not clicking on the said topics, they almost always top the Michael-Experience discussion board, and this fact alone is affecting my personal Michael experience for the worse.

Sam: It's always wiser to keep an open mind. You come across childish, being stubborn like this.

It's not stubborness. It's conviction. There's a difference.

It's a shame really, because if you're proven wrong you will have to eat your own words.

I won't be proven wrong. That's exactly the point. If Sony had proof they would have shown it by now. No way any business would like their name to be tarnished to this degree if they could help it.

Let's hope for solid proof soon. Demo's, handwritten notes, studio footage, whatever.

Take a seat... it could be a while...

sam: It's always wiser to keep an open mind. You come across childish, being stubborn like this. It's a shame really, because if you're proven wrong you will have to eat your own words. Let's hope for solid proof soon. Demo's, handwritten notes, studio footage, whatever. It will be convincing to most doubters i'm sure. Unless you are a 'knower' like sam that is. Why do i think of teddy all of a sudden?

qft !!!

Sam: It's always wiser to keep an open mind. You come across childish, being stubborn like this. It's a shame really, because if you're proven wrong you will have to eat your own words. Let's hope for solid proof soon. Demo's, handwritten notes, studio footage, whatever. It will be convincing to most doubters I'm sure. Unless you are a 'knower' like Sam that is. Why do I think of Teddy all of a sudden?

I have a feeling we will not see any of that, because it doesn't exist. They would have released it by now, they would have released it before the album's release to prevent this situation from happening.

Roosje: There is NO proof, which is why it needs discussing. Nobody has ponied up any type of evidence whatsoever, which DEPRESSES, nay INFURIATES me, as well as others. This fact alone is affecting my personal Michael experience for the worst. As I've said, if it's boring or depressing to you, or seems to go around in circles, then don't visit any of these threads. Enjoy the songs as you see fit. And, we'll discuss the songs authenticity as we see fit.

It's not stubborness. It's conviction. There's a difference.

It's just your opinion and no matter what kind of fancy words you attach to it, it won't make it anymore valuable than the opinion opposite of it. Still if there is an objective truth out there and it will be revealed, we just have to take it for what it is, no matter out own opinions as they are at this moment. Really, be more open-minded about it, if only for your own well-being. Take a deep breath.

I have a feeling we will not see any of that, because it doesn't exist. They would have released it by now, they would have released it before the album's release to prevent this situation from happening.

Of course they would have.

Wasn't there a poster on here who claimed to have seen video footage of Michael Jackson singing Keep Your Head Up in the Cascio studio?

This fact alone is affecting my personal Michael experience for the worst.

You have absolutely NO idea how true that is for me. You've hit the nail on the head. I've been so emotionally involved in this whole debacle that it's affected my whole perception of the 'Michael Jackson experience'. And I sometimes wonder if that was the intention of all of those involved. And if it was, then they've won.

You have absolutely NO idea how true that is for me. You've hit the nail on the head. I've been so emotionally involved in this whole debacle that it's affected my whole perception of the 'Michael Jackson experience'. And I sometimes wonder if that was the intention of all of those involved. And if it was, then they've won.

Sam, you KNOW I understand how you feel. Absolutely, unequivocally...The fact that this is even happening is total bullshit. But, can't say I'm surprised.

If there were proof, they would've come out with it by now.

Back