Michael - The Great Album Debate

uh oh...Jesta may be dead now :fear:

R.I.P My dear Jesta

*feel free to take down if this is in violation of any rules*

cza0370l.jpg

Now ladies, for sending me to this... Admittedly very awesome higher plane of existence, please.... Enjoy.

I'm no longer stuck to being in a dimension with that guy :)

...!!!!! Doesn't the Green Goblin scare you in that video!? Love, you're at least near New York, HE'S IN YOUR AREA!!!!

Nope. One song can't change my opinion on the other 6/7 songs I've heard.

Now it happened.
Clearly the same singer on all Cascio songs.
And just when it became more obvious than ever before, someone questiones ONE song instead of them all.
So you hear "a new Michael Jackson" in 6/7 of the previously released/leaked songs, and one imposter on Burn 2 Nite.

Ah - I got the answer. This must be Jason Malachi who now tries to sound like the "new Michael Jackson" and he succeeds superbly !! :)

I love how the german disciples of Korgnex love all the Cascio songs ... :bow:i
It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Is there anyone familiar enough with music theory who could make a transcription in music notes of these two seemingly identical snippets (Cascio/Malachi = Let me let go vs Monster)?

http://soundcloud.com/bumper_snippet/toobaad

As a musicologist, I'm happy to do it, when I have the time.
Or if someone does it before me, I'm happy to double-check.

Your first impression when you hear, do you think we have same notes here?

Ok, both songs are in the same key which is C minor.
Let me let go repeats Cm, Gm, Fm, Gm. Throughout the whole song: VersA, VersB, Chorus, ...
Whereas VersB is the part which reminds of Monster's "tooo baaad" part. It's kind of the second part of the Vers which is like a build up towards the chorus. Note: not every song has such a strong indication of two distinct parts within a vers - this is the first similarity bewteen those two songs.

Monster however stays on Cm for the whole VersA part. Its VersB goes Ab, Bb, Cm, Cm, Ab, Bb, G, G.
Its Chorus goes Cm, Ab, Bb, G (twice).

My god, I am actually listen to this crap again ...:doh:

Let's focus on VersB. The basic melody is the same on both songs for the first 3 measures. We have the note eb on the first measure, f on the second and again eb on the third. In between those notes are 'fillers' and 'decorations'. The chords underneath are not the same but quite easily exchangeable with a little effort.

Therefore a small excourse: Speaking in very basic musical language, every major chord has a minor chord related. Why? Because they share the same notes. Easiest example: C major (abbreviated simply C) and A minor (Am) - they both use all the white keys on a piano. The same relation goes for Ab (major) and Fm and also for Bb (major) and Gm.

So if you play "tooo baaad" with Fm and Gm you are very close to where Let me let go is.

Let's focus on VersA. Although in regards of chords there is more happening in Let me let go than Monster, the Let me let go melody also fits to the Monster's steady Cm basis. The very same goes for the other way round, playing Monster's melody over Let me let go's chords. And the melody? Heavy use of the minor third between the notes c and eb in both songs. This is what musicians usually try to avoid: singing the same notes as the chord so dominantly (in this case Cm and c / eb). There is simply no tension.

Musically, those songs sound very much alike and I can easily say, musically, they are related.
This is the reason the comparison overlay between the two songs works so well.

And now please excuse me, I have to throw up. :upside_down:

Grent;3448123 said:
I love how the german disciples of Korgnex love all the Cascio songs ... :bow:i
It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Yeah, that´s a great truth.

I dont see how people can think Burn Tonight is Michael....i used to be a believer, but now i think "What was i thinking?"
Theres a reason why these tracks leak, and others like: I am a Loser, dont. I think its becuase they arent going to appear on a other album, and people are interested in seeing how fake they sound.....so they are stolen and leaked. It doesnt seem like the Casico Tracks are heavily guarded...Id rather not hear any real Michael Jackson leaks. though....i have listened to most of the one we know and love.

I hope you realize that

1. you can't bring an argument from Max-Jax to here
2. you can't attack, ridicule a member
3. you can get infractions and other disciplinary actions for doing so.

This will be my first and only warning, then I'll start to apply disciplinary actions as I see fit.

Grent, that was an incredibly informative post.

Good to hear from someone who really knows music.

Weirdly enough, I kinda like Burn2Nite :fear: The only other Cascio song I sorta like is Monster...However, all the vocals are :puke:...But as with the rest of the Cascio songs, they're so ambiguous, I can never listen to and enjoy them...They just inspire way too much weirdness for me :fear:

The Grent post is one of the best posts ever. He really knows about music.

Weirdly enough, I kinda like Burn2Nite :fear:
Wish I heard what you're hearing. When I listened to the song I just felt so disgusted and the song sounded like complete poop to me. I think it's the worst Cascio song yet. I hope I never have the dishonor of hearing it again. I really wish these Jason songs would just stay hidden away or be destroyed.

Wish I heard what you're hearing. When I listened to the song I just felt so disgusted and the song sounded like complete poop to me. I think it's the worst Cascio song yet. I hope I never have the dishonor of hearing it again. I really wish these Jason songs would just stay hidden away or be destroyed.

Well, don't get me wrong, I don't actually sit there and enjoy the song lol...There's so much disgusting weirdness and sadness surrounding these songs that they're impossible to enjoy for me...But, if I had to give an opinion on the catchiness of the song, well, I'd say it's pretty catchy...If I'm being honest :D

Either way, I can't listen to these songs..I listen once and that's pretty much it...I don't see a point...How can you even listen to and enjoy a song when you either know for sure it's not Michael (but labelled as such) or even if you're not sure at all who the hell is singing?

I still think the worst Cascio song is Soldier Boy, and pretty much all the ballads :puke: Just....no

Yeah, I guess if maybe some Spanish artist released the song and sang it a little bit better it wouldn't be that bad of a song.

Back