Michael - The Great Album Debate

True. But it also depends on what Mic and software they used. They could have accidently mixed the vocals wrong or converted them wrong. But if I was Jason Malachi and I really DIDNT sing the songs, and ecereybody though I did, i would be very upset.

It is odd that some of the songs sound like others...

All Right - Stranger in Moscow
All I need - you are not alone
Black widow - DS
Monster - Threatened
Water - Cry me a river by justin t
Ready to win - on the line
Fall in love - the backup vocals sound a little like fall again
Breaking news - tabloid jubkie
Burn tonight - mamacita

Well let's look on what Birchey said:

*All songs had multiple takes, each with varying volume levels. This tells me that several mics were used during this, and therefore it must've been recorded over a long time.

*All songs borrow heavily from other songs. As shown by literally using words to bookend phrases, and the literal rip-off that is Ready 2 Win.

Anyone want to add to that, I can't remember exactly what else Birchey told us.

Well let's look on what Birchey said:

*All songs had multiple takes, each with varying volume levels. This tells me that several mics were used during this, and therefore it must've been recorded over a long time.

*All songs borrow heavily from other songs. As shown by literally using words to bookend phrases, and the literal rip-off that is Ready 2 Win.

Anyone want to add to that, I can't remember exactly what else Birchey told us.

Top 3 That sound the least like MJ:

1. Fall in Love
2. Keep Your Head Up
3. All Right (i do like this song though)

Best 3:

1. Black Widow
2. Monster
3. Burn Tonight

Notice that the upbeat songs sound more like him...

1. Fall in Love
2. Keep Your Head Up

Best 3:

1. Black Widow
2. Monster
3. Burn Tonight

Really? I'd say Burn Tonight sounds the least like him, like he's trying too hard. I will agree about Monster and Black Widow, though if only because Monster does take a lot of words from other songs and Black Widow... Well, Malachi does do an amazing job there, but the vibrato gives him away. See, if they artificially smoothed the vibrato in post-production, most of the doubt wouldn't be there...

1. Fall in Love
2. Keep Your Head Up

Best 3:

1. Black Widow
2. Monster
3. Burn Tonight

I disagree. To me the upbeat songs sound the least like him. I stated this before. Some people are more sensitive to slower songs, some people are more sensitive to faster songs. As far as I am concerned I am more sensitive to faster songs and I immediately frowned when I heard Monster.

See the previous page for my lengthy response to Kreen.

By the way, does anyone know if Birchey is ok? The 12th September is long gone. Hope they haven't locked him up. And no, I'm not joking.

See the previous page for my lengthy response to Kreen.

By the way, does anyone know if Birchey is ok? The 12th September is long gone. Hope they haven't locked him up. And no, I'm not joking.

I haven't heard anything :( He's been in my thoughts a lot since the 12th. Does anyone have any information whatsoever?

I haven't heard anything :( He's been in my thoughts a lot since the 12th. Does anyone have any information whatsoever?

No clue. But many mj fans are getting hunted by Sony, at least 4 others I know of.

Yes, but when they hunt you (HINT) its all over. Sony will hunt you until the end. Until they get what they want. I think I know what happened to Birchey now.

Really? Care to share your theory?

Really? Care to share your theory?

They probably gave him a HUGE fine, and he may be in jail. But he may have had to sell a lot of things (phones, computers, etc.) to pay the fee. In no way am I saying this happened, please dont get mad at me, but it is possible. Hopefully it isnt reality.

They probably gave him a HUGE fine, and he may be in jail. But he may have had to sell a lot of things (phones, computers, etc.) to pay the fee. In no way am I saying this happened, please dont get mad at me, but it is possible. Hopefully it isnt reality.

Some of his computer stuff was taken for forensics, according to his twitter a while back. You've got to love Sony's attitude. Let's deal with this by taking our loyal consumers to court rather than trying to find out why they were so angry to act in the way they did.

Some of his computer stuff was taken for forensics, according to his twitter a while back. You've got to love Sony's attitude. Let's deal with this by taking our loyal consumers to court rather than trying to find out why they were so angry to act in the way they did.

I apoligize, but, it is BAD that we are leaking songs.
Even if they arent Michael, people put a lot of work into it. It is their property. I know the songs are unreleased, and I know im being a hypocrite, but what we are doing is wrong. When we leak songs, it is dishonoring Michael's legacy. From now on I think we should only buy the songs legally. No matter how bad Teddy mixed the songs, we need to wait for a release.

Like it or not, its the truth.

Sadly, that sounds fairly realistic. I'd imagine that if he was/is found guilty, he will at least have to pay a ton of money to SONY. I guess it's just not safe to be an MJ fan anymore...

@Stella, keep in mind that SONY is a business and they WILL hunt down anyone that is costing them money. But you are right in criticizing their handling of the situation, especially considering that they haven't made any real effort (from the point of view of the public, at least) to see why people are taking their songs.

I apoligize, but, it is BAD that we are leaking songs.
Even if they arent Michael, people put a lot of work into it. It is their property. I know the songs are unreleased, and I know im being a hypocrite, but what we are doing is wrong. When we leak songs, it is dishonoring Michael's legacy. From now on I think we should only buy the songs legally. No matter how bad Teddy mixed the songs, we need to wait for a release.

Like it or not, its the truth.

I agree with that, although I'm thankful we have Slave, DYKWYCA, BG etc as they make perfect replacements for the Cascio tracks in my "Michael" playlist. Of course I'll buy them ten times over if they are released officially. However, with the Cascio tracks, I hope they continue to be leaked. Anything to destroy those awful songs is fine by me. The biggest crime of all was committed by those who made the songs.

I think just for our safety we shouldn't leak/download songs anymore.

... I hate you guys >_< Your realize that's an impossible question, right? 'Cause SONY wouldn't be able to possibly be able to put away the MILLIONS of people downloading those legendary tracks!

Last edited:
I wouldnt. I would listen a couple times though. But it is a crime, and Michael didnt feel those songs for a reason.

Would you sneak into a music studio at night, steal songs people were working on, and make copies and give them out for free?

I wouldnt. It is the same thing, only online.

You've got to love Sony's attitude. Let's deal with this by taking our loyal consumers to court rather than trying to find out why they were so angry to act in the way they did.

To be totally honest here, Sony didn't take their "customers" to court. They didn't take "doubters" to court. They didn't take people who make "comparison videos" to court. They took the people to court who they alleged to "steal" the songs and/or be the "original source" of leaks.

And I personally do not think being "angry" make it okay to take part in "illegal" acts.

That said I really hope that this Sony versus fans lawsuits will be over with no harm to the fans. I really do.

Back