Michael - The Great Album Debate

Apologies... I reacted too quickly when I saw your post last night. I admit I may taken the "to be laughed at point" out of context. I guess I saw a post earlier in another thread where the poster said "a few fans who think the songs are fake caused a lot of troubles." And, I was little agitated. Then, I saw your post.

Like you, I'm tired of this fiasco. I'm even more tired of being stereotyped into someone that I'm not. I dislike being associated to trouble making. Like the believers, I also wish nothing but success on every Michael Jackson project. But, I think it's equally, if not more, important to adhere to Michael's artistic integrity. He's not a here-today-gone-tommorow pop singer. He's a genius.

I too am tired of being stereotyped. Someone on the Cirque thread said that if they add any Cascio tracks to the next album, the few doubters will make a lot of trouble. There are more than a few doubters, if anything it's the believers that are in the minority. And we are not troublemakers, we just don't want fake tracks on an MJ album.

Woah, IvoDT I was just trying to joke. That's what we do in here. We used to talk about sexy wine.

I too am tired of being stereotyped. Someone on the Cirque thread said that if they add any Cascio tracks to the next album, the few doubters will make a lot of trouble. There are more than a few doubters, if anything it's the believers that are in the minority. And we are not troublemakers, we just don't want fake tracks on an MJ album.

I completely agree. They have made money, ruined what could be a great album.

I guess that is a pretty funny joke to say Fall In Love is Michael and that Jason Malachi is a good singer! Hahaha!

Having finally listened to all of the new snippets, I again find nothing about them that contradicts the official version, which is that it is MJ singing, with a little -- or a lot of -- help from other vocalists.

In particular, the fact that "Water" does feature a chorus resembling the few seconds of singing MJ does at the end of the Billie Jean segment in TII reinforces to me the idea that all of those tracks are authentic, as long as one accepts the heavy post-production work that went into them.

Having finally listened to all of the new snippets, I again find nothing about them that contradicts the official version, which is that it is MJ singing, with a little -- or a lot of -- help from other vocalists.

In particular, the fact that "Water" does feature a chorus resembling the few seconds of singing MJ does at the end of the Billie Jean segment in TII reinforces to me the idea that all of those tracks are authentic, as long as one accepts the heavy post-production work that went into them.

Water was written after TII, the idea being that people would believe what you do ie that it must have been recorded because Michael sang it in TII. It was written to make use of that sequence, to make it appear genuine. All those snippets sound far more like Jason Cupeta than MJ, except for the pasted adlibs of course. There is still no proof whatsoever that Michael recorded these songs and still not one comparison that shows a similarity to anything Michael recorded. Yet we have a wealth of comparisons that show identical matches to Jason, includiing his accent, snorts that can be found in his songs, same pronounciation and vocal technique to name but a few. But you are right in what you say - it is Michael singing the pasted adlibs with help from Jason on leads.

Exactly....Like we've just spent the entire almost year simply 'making trouble'....gimme a break...

Water was written after TII, the idea being that people would believe what you do ie that it must have been recorded because Michael sang it in TII. It was written to make use of that sequence, to make it appear genuine. All those snippets sound far more like Jason Cupeta than MJ, except for the pasted adlibs of course. There is still no proof whatsoever that Michael recorded these songs and still not one comparison that shows a similarity to anything Michael recorded. Yet we have a wealth of comparisons that show identical matches to Jason, includiing his accent, snorts that can be found in his songs, same pronounciation and vocal technique to name but a few. But you are right in what you say - it is Michael singing the pasted adlibs with help from Jason on leads.
The songs were registered June 27th(?) 2009, before TII was released. Michael either heard the Cascio demo or actually recorded the song.

The songs were registered June 27th(?) 2009, before TII was released. Michael either heard the Cascio demo or actually recorded the song.

WRONG. MJSongbook was registered on June 27th 2009 - this most probably contains the original James Porte versions of the songs that he recorded for himself, such as Soldier Boy, which was originally registered in 2005 as a Porte song. The individual titles of all 12 songs were not registered until over a year after Michael's death. What Michael sang in TII had nothing to do with the Cascio track. He was simply responding to Kenny Ortega's suggestion that he get some water.

WRONG. MJSongbook was registered on June 27th 2009 - this most probably contains the original James Porte versions of the songs that he recorded for himself, such as Soldier Boy, which was originally registered in 2005 as a Porte song. The individual titles of all 12 songs were not registered until over a year after Michael's death. What Michael sang in TII had nothing to do with the Cascio track. He was simply responding to Kenny Ortega's suggestion that he get some water.
Agree. And if he had the Cascio track in mind, it would be most likely if he sang the chorus exactly the same, WHICH HE DIDN'T.

...the heavy post-production work that went into them.
Most of the snippets that were released were the original demo recordings, there was no heavy post-production on those songs you listened to. I'm sorry... The songs sound 100% Jason Malachi to me and it's sick.

In my opinion they feel they can get away with it because of how mysterious Michael Jackson is, there is always going to be awe and mystery and controversy and "what happened here?" with him, and Sony, the Estate, the Cascio's, someone knew this and figured they could get away with it.

I'm so disappointed when in interviews like the one Jermaine gave with Piers Morgan or the one LaToya gave on that radio show recently, they mention that not all of the songs were genuine but the interviewers don't allow it to go on and they themselves don't push the issue. If I were them and my brothers legacy had been stepped on in such a way that they are now faking his songs? I don't know, I think I'd say just a little bit more about it.

However, I do understand that it's still soon after Michael's passing, there's a lot going on with them, I think they are still mourning and overwhelmed by everything. In time, I believe, the truth will come out. Just waiting...

JM's phobia? wolves. cuz wolves eat sheep . . . U KNOW

. . . sorry to derail the current discussion, i still just really want to play the "JM's favorites" game. :D it makes me laugh.

and i don't care if he says sexy wine or sexy wind. that's so not the point. 20 years later and i STILL don't understand what mj is saying during the second verse of "another part of me." doesn't mean i don't sing along. That's why there's an entire "misheard lyrics" thread. it's FUN, yo.

jason still sucks. he's still the singer. sexy wine is still funny.

Hey everyone, sorry, I can't keep pretending anymore. I have something I need to say...

To the doubters, you are right, Michael Jackson did not sing on the Cascio songs. However, it wasn't Jason Malachi either!!!

No, I spent time with Eddie Cascio and James Porte and recorded these songs for Michael. It was me, listen, this is an audio recording my producer Cony Turtis recorded last night, about 4am after a lot of drinking:

var zippywww="www40";var zippyfile="40842879";var zippydown="ffffff";var zippyfront="000000";var zippyback="ffffff";var zippylight="000000";var zippywidth=680;var zippyauto=false;var zippyvol=80;var zippydwnbtn = 1;

As you can see, this proves that Michael couldn't have sang these songs. It was me, obviously, and I fooled you all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Hee hee! Hoo-oooooo!!!!!

I'm just kidding but I do think I do a fairly good Malachi impression?

Yeah, that's right, I'm the impersonator of the impersonator who says they're not an impersonator but actually is an impersonator!

This is how I do.

I take requests...

Want me to sing y'all some Mamacita, Let Me Let Go, Monster or Breaking News? Some Keep Your Head Up? I can do the whole Malachi catalog.

Last edited:
Agree. And if he had the Cascio track in mind, it would be most likely if he sang the chorus exactly the same, WHICH HE DIDN'T.
I agree. MJ "sings" water THREE times in TII as well, not two. Do you hear three "Water" in the chorus of "Water"? Didn't think so.

If I really wanted to sound like Jason Malachi you wouldn't even know the difference. :p

I'm actually closer to Jason than some of you think. I might just be opening for one of his upcoming shows this fall before his new album drops. He heard my cover of an Usher song and said it was "eerie" how much I sounded like him.

If I really wanted to sound like Jason Malachi you wouldn't even know the difference. :p

I'm actually closer to Jason than some of you think. I might just be opening for one of his upcoming shows this fall before his new album drops. He heard my cover of an Usher song and said it was "eerie" how much I sounded like him.

Now that Jason is gone, it will be a natural transition from him to you. And yeah, he really said that about Michael after he'd recorded the tracks with Eddie.

Aniram!!! You're great at a Malachi impression, and therefore a reasonable MJ impression! Say, can I hire your services over the winter, maybe make some music? ;)

Last edited:
so no one realized the "monster rap" that they complained so much in the cirque show.. :)

all of you I'm giving F as a grade

Hm, I didn't recall reading "Monster Rap" in any of the setlists I read? :( And the Monster Rap is 50's part of course? His part isn't bad, at least he's not pretending to be someone he isn't.

so no one realized the "monster rap" that they complained so much in the cirque show.. :)

all of you I'm giving F as a grade
I did, but I talked about it on Twitter instead of here because it looks like no one visits this page anymore due to the Murray trial, which is of course understandable .

Not only the rap is included, but the infamous "HA!" which no one knows for sure is either MJ or Jason.

I did, but I talked about it on Twitter instead of here because it looks like no one visits this page anymore due to the Murray trial, which is of course understandable .

Not only the rap is included, but the infamous "HA!" which no one knows for sure is either MJ or Jason.

Yes, and the HA also made a couple appearences in Black Widow.

Most of the snippets that were released were the original demo recordings, there was no heavy post-production on those songs you listened to. I'm sorry... The songs sound 100% Jason Malachi to me and it's sick.

Album masters/early premixes, not original demos.

Sorry to say this :)

Hm, I didn't recall reading "Monster Rap" in any of the setlists I read? :( And the Monster Rap is 50's part of course? His part isn't bad, at least he's not pretending to be someone he isn't.

Let's correct it. It's not "monster rap" , it's just mixed "king... the king ..king... king.. king.. the king has risen" line with HA! added on to Threatened. So it's not going to be on the set list as it's not a song and it's not even the full rap just one line.

Let's correct it. It's not "monster rap" , it's just mixed "king... the king ..king... king.. king.. the king has risen" line with HA! added on to Threatened. So it's not going to be on the set list as it's not a song and it's not even the full rap just one line.
Hhyeah. But it's still there.

Album masters/early premixes, not original demos.

Sorry to say this :)
We do not know if this is true or not, it's just a claim from one person. :)

Back