Michael - The Great Album Debate

It's an assumption.

It's something I have been saying from the beginning as a possible explanation for cut and pastes.

A long time ago I gave the example from the band that I worked with and how the vocalist would record guide vocals in a relaxed format (sometimes drinking / smoking while recording or mumbling / forgetting lines) and how they would combine multiple takes to form the guide vocal - and the cut /pastes wouldn't matter because guide vocals are to guide the musicians and not to be used in the end product.

Similarly here cut and paste could be explained by for example Michael singing "breaking lalalalalala news" and they removing that lalalalala and replacing it with "the" to finish the song.

I don't know for a fact, it's just a reasonable probability in my mind.
Does the possibility that Michael recorded, for example, "Breaking the news" but they completed the songs with verses and bridges, etc. with another vocalist, like Jason Malachi seem reasonable? To me it seems they probably did that... it's an assumption, but it sounds like Michael is on the songs around 10% of the time.

Does the possibility that Michael recorded, for example, "Breaking the news" but they completed the songs with verses and bridges, etc. with another vocalist, like Jason Malachi seem reasonable? To me it seems they probably did that... it's an assumption, but it sounds like Michael is on the songs around 10% of the time.

yes it's reasonable as well. I believe I gave the example of Paul McCartney filling in for John Lennon. It's completely legal with credited vocals and I would assume would require at least 50%. (and I never said 100% Michael :) )

but the issue with that theory is that almost majority of the doubters state it's 100% Malachi. So they kinda shot down that theory.

I don't believe it's 100% Malachi...

... There are pasted vocals and ad-libs after all ;)

The thing is, you can clearly hear the cut/paste on words and can clearly identify MJ on most of them.

However, if you say MJ was possibly completed by another vocalist (be it Porte or Malachi or whoever), then you suggest, parts that don't sound like MJ could be from someone else. Of course there are a lot of such parts. The problem with those parts is, that you don't hear any cut/paste action going on. The transitions between MJ and another vocalist are so smooth, you don't notice a cut/paste productionwise.

Why though do you notice it prominently on the other cut/pastes that the doubters figured out ?
Why such a difference between transitions between two different singers ? One time flawless, one time extremely obvious.

You might say, to smooth the transitions the second vocalist is singing throughout, that's why we always hear him somewhat. I can tell you it's very hard to mix 2 voices into one lead vocal. For example mixing a group of singers you often have to shift voiceless plosives from the individuals to match each other. Even if they sing 98% identical in expression and speed, you will immediately be able to identify the remaining 2%. Would they sing the same vocals to merge into one instead of usual harmonies, that would be a terrific masterpiece to achieve such a perfect match as we are supposed to have with the Cascio-supervoice.

And if we indeed have two vocalists singing at once to smooth the transitions between MJs complete lyrics and the other fill-ins: why wouldn't the producers do the same at the prominent cut/pastes of words like the "KEEP" ? Why creating a masterpiece by merging 2 voices into one lead vocal but leaving some words so blatantly out of it ? (the "KEEP" even is a special case, because in the very same song [BN] we have one genuine "keep on breaking" and two pasted "KEEP - on breaking" - that doesn't make sense at all)

Listen to Fall In Love. That's just one voice. And there is no sign of 2 voices at once (supervoice) or 2 voices cut/pasted together to explain the more michaelish / less michaelish parts.

Any new leaks? Does an untagged version of Burn 2nite exist?

What makes these songs stand out so much that Michael wanted to record them? I really have no idea. Lyrics? Melody?

they cut them and pasted parts from other takes to make them finished songs.

But I'm asking what happened to all that "cut" audio from the recording sessions.

The raw tapes of Michael Jackson giving directions, discussing the material, mumbling verses, laughing, and so on, where are they?

We're talking about crucial evidence that would help prove the authenticity of the finished tracks. Why hasn't the public heard a single thing about this from Angelikson Productions, or the Michael Jackson Estate, or Sony Music?

Last edited:
That doesn't answer the entire question.

The raw audio of Michael Jackson giving directions, discussing the material, mumbling verses, laughing, and so on, where is it all now?

We're talking about crucial evidence that could help prove the authenticity of the finished tracks. Why hasn't the public heard a single thing about it from Angelikson Productions, or the Michael Jackson Estate, or Sony Music?
Because there are none. The Estate, Sony and AP's strategy is obviously to just not do anything about it. Ignore it. Let it die.

If evidence does exist it would be interesting to see what it is. I mean they have had a whole year to make something up? Or maybe they suck and really do have evidence but are just too lazy to end this debate. Maybe this is funny to them

Does anybody know what happened to Korgnex's letter for The Estate regarding the Cascio tracks?

Does anybody know what happened to Korgnex's letter for The Estate regarding the Cascio tracks?
What do you mean? Was it replied to, or has the post disappeared? The letter was probably ignored, or a general "The tracks are proven authentic. There is no need to look into it further. Go back to bed, sleep easy, Love Random Music Exec"

What do you mean? Was it replied to, or has the post disappeared? The letter was probably ignored, or a general "The tracks are proven authentic. There is no need to look into it further. Go back to bed, sleep easy, Love Random Music Exec"

Just wanted to know if they answered.Korgnex didn't post anything regarding it since then.

I got one:

There's a horrifying long off-key note in Fall in Love (first word of the second sentence iirc).
It's not MJ. It's not Porte either.

Question:
Did Porte 'double' MJs off-key singing precisely for the supervoice effect?
Or did they actually melodyne Porte's singing to match MJs off-key singing?
Or is it someone entirely else?

Because there are none. The Estate, Sony and AP's strategy is obviously to just not do anything about it. Ignore it. Let it die.

Right. It's a giant red flag.

How does Angelikson Productions record an entire album's worth of material with the legendary King of Pop, yet not have a single piece of rough, behind-the-scenes audio to show for it afterwards?

It's probable that the original session tapes were either hidden or destroyed, as they showed the true identity of the vocalist.

Right. It's a giant red flag.

How does Angelikson Productions record an entire album's worth of material with the legendary King of Pop, yet not have a single piece of rough, behind-the-scenes audio to show for it afterwards?

It's probable that the original session tapes were either hidden or destroyed, as they showed the true identity of the vocalist.
*puts in cassette, listens for playback*
Cascio Vocalist: "So I sing like how? Okay let me try it... Everybody wantin' a piece of Michael Jackson."
Unknown voice: "Good, good, wow, you sound so much like Michael!"
Me: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
*clicks off cassette, puts it back in backpack and gets off the bus and walks down to get some food*

I got one:

There's a horrifying long off-key note in Fall in Love (first word of the second sentence iirc).
It's not MJ. It's not Porte either.

Question:
Did Porte 'double' MJs off-key singing precisely for the supervoice effect?
Or did they actually melodyne Porte's singing to match MJs off-key singing?
Or is it someone entirely else?
You have to forget about Porte. He sounds nothing like Jason OR Michael. He can't sound like anything on the lead vocals on the Cascio songs.

This is his voice: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIxNTQyMjcy.html (I'll link a HQ file if you want one). You can hear it in a lot of the Cascio songs in the BG vocals and sometimes under Jason's voice.

When I say lead vocals, I of course mean the main singer.

You have to forget about Porte. He sounds nothing like Jason OR Michael.
Merluki is the lead singer and Mookyl Jayksun is cop and past, Port make Jacksonnuh. Neff-U, ta-blam. I listen to Best Of Joy with headphones. Bliss, bliss. Listen to Cascio I get a headache haha, for real. Peace!

edit:
Sorry what I meant to say was:
Jason Malachi is the lead singer and Michael Jackson is copied-and-pasted, Porte sings the Jackson part in Breaking News. I really like Best Of Joy more than the other songs. It brings me joy. The Cascio songs give me a headache haha, they really do. Goodbye!!! :)

You have to forget about Porte. He sounds nothing like Jason OR Michael. He can't sound like anything on the lead vocals on the Cascio songs.

This is his voice: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIxNTQyMjcy.html (I'll link a HQ file if you want one). You can hear it in a lot of the Cascio songs in the BG vocals and sometimes under Jason's voice.

I'm just trying to further debunk that supervoice theory because many people heavily rely on the user that spread it.
I personally think Porte's part in this whole thing is absolutely negligible. As is Melodyne. However believers just throw those terms in without a clue.

Back