Michael - The Great Album Debate

Chamife;3585898 said:
party-banner-happy-birthday-red-23rd.jpg

Congrats to you, André89!
:D

Thanks! :D

Man, I'm getting old :p

Happy birthday André!

Bumper, please don't leave too long. I know we sometimes feel the need to stay away from this thread as things can get frustrating. Take a break, but please do come back.

Sorry, I haven't been active. I had a terrible week. Problems at home and at work. And I'm busy with Chinese New Year prep. Hopefully, things will turn better next week.

Pentum;3586237 said:
Gratulerer, Andre ;) Godt å se noen norske rundt her.
An attempt of translation without using any dictionary:

"Congratulations Andre, good to see a Norwegian around here."

Is that what you said or am I completely off track?

p.s. André89, Happy Birthday, all the best ;-)

BUMPER SNIPPET;3586331 said:
An attempt of translation without using any dictionary:

"Congratulations Andre, good to see a Norwegian around here."

Is that what you said or am I completely off track?

p.s. André89, Happy Birthday, all the best ;-)

Google translate works! ;)

Thanks a lot, everyone! :D

I hate google translator. I just did it here on my own out of curiosity, I just couldn't help it. Without tools it's more challenging :)
That's actually pretty impressing! You are quite intelligent to not have any basic understanding whatsoever :D

But on a serious note, I really enjoy reading your posts, although I'm not always that active here. You've done a great deal in exposing the truth behind the Cascio tracks, and even though the situation hasn't really changed that much in the past year, I'm convinced that the truth behind these tracks will come out sooner or later. I firmly believe that these tracks are indeed fake, and I'm sure that Michael would be pleased to know that his fans are trying to protect his legacy. You've done a great job in keeping the discussion alive, and I hope you're not going to leave this thread anytome soon :)

I don't think many of us here will be leaving this issue behind any time soon. We all care about Michael and making sure his legacy isn't completely trampled on.

André89;3586374 said:
Thanks a lot, everyone! :D

That's actually pretty impressing! You are quite intelligent to not have any basic understanding whatsoever :D

But on a serious note, I really enjoy reading your posts, although I'm not always that active here. You've done a great deal in exposing the truth behind the Cascio tracks, and even though the situation hasn't really changed that much in the past year, I'm convinced that the truth behind these tracks will come out sooner or later. I firmly believe that these tracks are indeed fake, and I'm sure that Michael would be pleased to know that his fans are trying to protect his legacy. You've done a great job in keeping the discussion alive, and I hope you're not going to leave this thread anytome soon :)

Thanks for your extremely kind words André, I am flattered. The sentence in Norwegian, looks actually pretty much as in English, so it wasn't a big deal really :)

Regarding what you said "exposing the truth", I would like to repeat that in my post there are two things, my opinion and an objective one.

My opinion says, it is not MJ?

The objective one says: "Look this is how the words would be transcribed in the international phonetic alphabet after hearing them on those tracks. The words very often match the MD's pronunciation, but it does not mean it is Jason Malachi."

I hope you celebrated your birthday in good company. And thank you again for your kind words. See you around.

It seems Malachi wouldn't always be pronouncing thing his way when he's imitating Michael's accent, no?

It seems Malachi wouldn't always be pronouncing thing his way when he's imitating Michael's accent, no?

That's what I've been thinking. When I sing in MJ's style (which is ALL the time) I mimic his obvious accentual nuances. For Malachi (or any impersonator, really) to do the same while not thinking to disguise the more subtle accentual nuances is probable.

BTW, Love - check your Facebook!

If people want to get to the bottom of this, then looking at and analysing the songs is not the right way anymore imo. It's been done to death. It's obvious to the majority of us that it's Jason. He isn't going to confess. Nor is anyone else. They have too much to lose. Those worktapes/out takes which would prove it is him will be under Eddie's lock and key. If they even still exist. The way forward is to look to the past. It's not difficult to narrow down a time frame to when these songs were recorded. Where were they recorded? In Eddie's basement? Makes sense. Using an external studio would be risky. So Jason had to travel from Germantown MD to Franklin Lakes NJ. It's a few hours drive. Did he go there for a couple of weeks and record everything in one go? Did he make several trips? Can someone place him there? These are things that are worth thinking about.

Just curious....have any of the 'true' believers (that the Cascio tracks are NOT MJ) changed their view/opinion?

Quite a few did back in September.

Edit: you said "true" believers. I misread it. No but a fair few who believed it was Michael changed their mind. I don't know of anyone that's gone the other way.

I think it's likely they were songs being prepped for Michael and he just never got to them but they felt they sound so "eerily" like Michael that it's OK to polish them up as such. That's what my gut keeps telling me, anyway... could be totally wrong.

I think they've just been completely deceitful about it because they didn't think they could market the songs as "songs Michael would have liked to record".

Thinking about Eddie betraying Michael when they seemed close, it hurts my head, it seems there's so much more to the story.

Edit: Or the songs were recorded with Porté before Michael's death and then Malachi was brought in 2009 to record newer versions.

Aniram;3586433 said:
I think it's likely they were songs being prepped for Michael and he just never got to them but they felt they sound so "eerily" like Michael that it's OK to polish them up as such. That's what my gut keeps telling me, anyway... could be totally wrong.

I think they've just been completely deceitful about it because they didn't think they could market the songs as "songs Michael would have liked to record".

Thinking about Eddie betraying Michael when they seemed close, it hurts my head, it seems there's so much more to the story.

Edit: Or the songs were recorded with Porté before Michael's death and then Malachi was brought in 2009 to record newer versions.

I believe some of them (including Soldier Boy) had been written for, and recorded by, Porte several years ago. That's what the 27/6 registration contains: the Porte versions with Mj's name tacked on as Eddie had intended for Michael to record them at some point. New songs were written from scratch after Michael's death. They were all put together and Jason recorded them. Water for example seems to have been written to deliberately take advantage of Michael singing "water water" in TII as a cynical attempt to make them look real. To make it look like he was singing a part of the song. I believe the songs were recorded late 09/early 10.

Also, with regards to Eddie betraying Michael. I don't think he believes he did.

Two days after their friend died they did that? Pure evil. It's all about the money.

If people want to get to the bottom of this, then looking at and analysing the songs is not the right way anymore imo. It's been done to death. It's obvious to the majority of us that it's Jason. He isn't going to confess. Nor is anyone else. They have too much to lose. Those worktapes/out takes which would prove it is him will be under Eddie's lock and key. If they even still exist. The way forward is to look to the past. It's not difficult to narrow down a time frame to when these songs were recorded. Where were they recorded? In Eddie's basement? Makes sense. Using an external studio would be risky. So Jason had to travel from Germantown MD to Franklin Lakes NJ. It's a few hours drive. Did he go there for a couple of weeks and record everything in one go? Did he make several trips? Can someone place him there? These are things that are worth thinking about.

Also may i state that some of us dont believe outright that is is Jason Malachi on these tracks. Hence, thats why i reffer to the singing of the Cascio Tracks The Cascio Singer" as close as the voice is to Malachi, i think there are differences in technique when the two voices are compared. could it be becuase they are layed like Paula Abdul vocals as the example Ivy gave? maybe. Its possible seeing as it is said they have more takes. Why not harmonize them together, but not like a choir....but a mixture. Like a Dark Chocolate and White Vanilla Ice Cream stirred together to make a lighter brown color.

Also may i state that some of us dont believe outright that is is Jason Malachi on these tracks. Hence, thats why i reffer to the singing of the Cascio Tracks The Cascio Singer" as close as the voice is to Malachi, i think there are differences in technique when the two voices are compared. could it be becuase they are layed like Paula Abdul vocals as the example Ivy gave? maybe. Its possible seeing as it is said they have more takes. Why not harmonize them together, but not like a choir....but a mixture. Like a Dark Chocolate and White Vanilla Ice Cream stirred together to make a lighter brown color.

There are just too many identical matches to Jason: accent, pronounciation, timbre, the same snorts. They sound exactly like him.

The objective one says: "Look this is how the words would be transcribed in the international phonetic alphabet after hearing them on those tracks. The words very often match the MD's pronunciation, but it does not mean it is Jason Malachi."

welcome back :) how about "Stalking"?

Today I was discussing with colleagues during lunch and there was a mention of how Appalachians always pronounce "n" sound rather than "ing" sound.

The way forward is to look to the past. It's not difficult to narrow down a time frame to when these songs were recorded. Where were they recorded? In Eddie's basement? Makes sense. Using an external studio would be risky. So Jason had to travel from Germantown MD to Franklin Lakes NJ. It's a few hours drive. Did he go there for a couple of weeks and record everything in one go? Did he make several trips? Can someone place him there? These are things that are worth thinking about.

don't get me wrong but in my opinion this is the point when it becomes weird. Now you will go back multiple years and try to stalk back Malachi's travels? For what? You do realize that even if you can place Malachi in NY or NJ, or even if best case scenario you can establish that Malachi knows Eddie, it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

As the doubters reject Eddie's word because no "evidence" exists, any believers would reject any Malachi visits to NJ, NY and so on unless you can come up with solid proof - such as a video of Malachi recording in Cascio studio.

In a situation when analysis of the songs is not accepted due to subjectivity, what you suggest is even worse - it's like a conspiracy fantasy.

Who says analysis isn't accepted due to subjectivity?

overall what the audio comparisons do is they take two parts from two songs and then asks the listener to come to a conclusion based on their own hearing. As the hearing is subjective such comparisons and the conclusions are subjective in nature. It simply means that different people can hear different things. Therefore they cannot be used as "objective" or "conclusive". (needless to add, they are also leading but that's another issue).

That being said :

if you mean in doubter's standards those audio comparisons are accepted as proof - yes you are correct.

if you have other goals such proving the fraud, ending this debate for once and all, holding parties responsible etc - those cannot help you.

That's a good point. But I've already explained that only some of the words seem to be pronounced as in MD's dialect. If the singer makes an effort to imitate someone's accent, there is always a possibility that some words that he'd pronounce unconciously would give the singer away.

Ivy suggested the possibility that Michael would imitate Porte's accent.
Doubters will say the other way round.

The point is, the differences in American English dialects while singing pop songs are not really noticable unless you really pay extra attention to them. I personally don't see any valid reason to imitate one's or the other's accent with risks to mingle two different dialects and sound even more ridiculous.

So I've noticed some ronunciation as in MD, all the rest is quite common, nothing exaggerately unusual to even feel the need to imitate another accent.

That's what I've been thinking. When I sing in MJ's style (which is ALL the time) I mimic his obvious accentual nuances. For Malachi (or any impersonator, really) to do the same while not thinking to disguise the more subtle accentual nuances is probable.

BTW, Love - check your Facebook!

Jesta, you are an non-rhotic English speaker from the U.K. It is obvious that you would adopt the rhotic U.S. accent while imitating an American singer, because British English is much, much, much more different than MD's English and Californian English.

Jason is American, Michael is American, it would be ridiculous for any of them to try to imitate their regional accent, they both speak with rhotic American English accents. Their differences in accents are much more subtle than the difference between the U.K. English and the U.S. English.

For example:

UK vs US:

ask vs ask
can't vs can't
France vs France
city vs city
elevator vs lift
railroad vs railway
chips vs crisps
fries vs chips
car vs car
glass vs glass

etc. Both MJ & JM share common frames with subtle differences, unlike you who have evolved in a completely different -phonologically speaking- environment.

Well to me, and many others, it is obvious that Jason is the singer. Wouldn't even need comparisons for that.

Well to me, and many others, it is obvious that Jason is the singer. Wouldn't even need comparisons for that.

and I already acknowledged that.

My point was that I know that some people have legal hopes. Well don't bet on those audio comparisons in that setting. That's all.

welcome back :) how about "Stalking"?

Today I was discussing with colleagues during lunch and there was a mention of how Appalachians always pronounce "n" sound rather than "ing" sound.

Check the addendum to my long post, I've already explained it. But I also said that Michael did it too in his songs:

Wanna be startin' somethin', etc. It's quite common in the U.S. English.

However, as I already said, JM does it systematically in all of his songs on his albums, and the Cascio singer does exactly the same in the song MONSTER. (I haven't checked on the other Cascio songs yet)

and I already acknowledged that.

My point was that I know that some people have legal hopes. Well don't bet on those audio comparisons in that setting. That's all.

I don't think audio comparisons are playing any role in any legal setting.

Back