Michael - The Great Album Debate

It's so funny how kreen thinks that it is now proven that the estate believe the Cascio songs are MJ because they put a little snippet of Monster in the Immortal CD.
And I wonder why they never released that Monster single that they had all ready to go and were so confident about?

one correction

Actually Prince has been tweeting about Cascio's after the album release and his tweets have been positive - he has mentioned Cascio's mother Connie several times. (According interviews with Frank it seems like they also spent the christmas after the album release together - 2010 christmas) So it doesn't seem like his tweets or friendship is limited to prior to album release.

Ok, I stand corrected. However, we can't deny that his best memories were probably when his dad was alive and hanging around with him and the Cascio family together, rather than just the last two-three years of friendship with the Cascios. It's only the continuation of the firendship that had been built over the years prior to the release of the Cascio tracks.

that being said I'll agree that we don't know what Prince thinks about authenticity

----- he might believe the songs to be legit
----- he might know nothing about them (such as Paris thinking Hollywood tonight to be fake) to have an opinion either way
----- he might think them to be fake but put the fraud on someone else than Cascio family (such as sony for example)
----- he might think one or some Cascios are involved and the rest aren't and he might be separating between different members of the Cascio family.

Now we're finally on the same wavelength :) Thank you ;)

It seems more and more that the Jacksons had a gag order from someone. It explains their silence.

Or they made an agreement with eachother to not talk about this anymore for specific reasons.

Why don't I have options to bold, underline or copy-paste pictures any more? Can anyone answer? Thanks :D

And really, the Monster "snippet" is barely that, just the Unbreakable sample and ONE LINE from 50 Cent... Oh, and a sample of one sound effect. Yep, that's Monster in Immortal... You DO realize that Immortal wasn't created by the Estate, but by Kevin Antunes, right? He's the one that did the mixing, made compositional choices etc.? In fact, he consciously removed the "Ha!" from the medley, which was the only vocal we couldn't pinpoint to a particular MJ song and was therefore the most shady. Coincidence?

Happy birthday Qbee, I wish you love and good will, I wish you praise and joy. I wish you better than your heart desires! :birthday:

@Qbee, I can't copy-paste any funny pictures for your birthday, so I am sending you these videos. Enjoy them:

[youtube]IpSYwvzKukI&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

[youtube]CgVqX0a49HM[/youtube]

[youtube]vsTOz_iEfI4&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]x6ynSmhcal8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]Y3XYdFZR5M0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]x7GdENQRt1Y&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]Ws73YeSY02E&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]F-CwESAsbVE[/youtube]

Last edited:
The only thing Slash played on Black or White is the guitar on the opening skit - the place where Maculay Culkin makes the sound with guitar and his father comes in the room , that's it. Slash is credited as "intro", his performances with Michael created the mis belief that he actually played all the guitars, it wasn't the case.

And you are right, it's for publicity. Slash intro is a lot better than Slash the 2 second sound on the skit, similarly Dave Grohl drums is a lot better than Dave Grohl snare drums. They are over crediting people to benefit from their name.

As far as I can see Dave Grohl's unhappiness is due to the fact that not all of his work is used. Slash was a lot worse imo, waiting for years, letting people to think he played the guitars on Black or White and after Michael's death calling the guitar riff - which he played twice live btw - "gay".
He played more than 2 times, on the 10th anniversary of MTV, MTV 1995, and in 01 on the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special.

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dXots48sIA

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwii0cZ-ts&feature=related

#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x93HSreHFg0

Last edited:
He played more than 2 times, on the 10th anniversary of MTV, MTV 1995, and in 01 on the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special.

And who said that he played only twice? :D

by the way he played more than three times actually :D

[youtube]fr3TOkdtOqE[/youtube]

Last edited:
I said 2 times , however it doesn't matter. The point was Slash played the riff he called "gay".

And who said that he played only twice? :D

by the way he played more than three times actually :D

[youtube]fr3TOkdtOqE[/youtube]
Let's just say he played it multiple times since we don't really know the correct number but that is not right that he said that after MJ's passing.

So called "Friend".

Thank you so much for the Birthday videos .. Just what I wanted .. more fun than a barrel of BIG Monkey Balls :wub:

Those videos were for the starter, the monkey balls are only for the dessert. :D

(Anyone know the scene in Star Trek II when Kirk shouts "KAHN!!" in that overdramatic way? I'm doing that for the following)

BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Qbee, I'm so sorry you had to endure the scourge of the music world on your birthday of all days, no-one should have to suffer through... that.

... This was a fantastic start to my early morning... ¬_¬

Jesta, you'll have Bieber Fever soon enough.

... You're lucky you're my friend and I managed to make my hair look wavy like 2009 MJ or otherwise I would verbally dismantle you for that insult on my musical taste... :D

HE BUTCHERED ROCKIN' ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE LOST MY RESPECT LONG AGO!!!!

Back