Michael - The Great Album Debate

1- MJ is also credited as co-writer on all of the Invincible material, and we know what that means. Listening to all 12 songs, you can tell some of them must have had some input from MJ ("Breaking News" must be his lyrics, and "Keep your head up" is a MJ song according to producer Neff-U), but as for the rest, there's no reason to think MJ did any particular work on them. Co-writing credit, sadly, means nothing in this day and age, especially in pop music.

2- Ah, so MJ didn't stay at the Cascios' for 4 months, only for 9 weeks : well there must be a conspiracy then! If there was no indication MJ had ever stayed at the Cascios, or if Eddie Cascio didn't have a home studio, THEN we'd have reason to doubt his story. But the fact is the "official" story is 100 % supported by the facts.

3- "His main purpose for being there was for relaxation, not for recording an album"; "he would not have recorded unless he really wanted to" : why do you act like you're a close personal friend of superstar Michael Jackson? You don't know why he was there, and you don't know what he would do or not do, or why. As far as we can tell from the facts, he was there because he had no money and no home, and the idea he would record a bunch of vocals makes perfect sense, considering how much he owed the Cascios for helping him out of a jam, and how much he loved Eddie Cascio and the rest of the family -- who unlike you, did know MJ, and were indeed close personal friends of his. So I'd take their words over yours, unless you have good reason to think they're pathological liars, evil criminals and fraudsters, and there's nothing in their history that allows you to think that.

One last thing : this is MJ circa 2007 we're talking about. Just keep in mind this is the MJ who agreed to star in "Miss Cast Away and the Island Girls", and this should free you from any misconception about MJ not taking part in B-grade projects.

By the way, the Cascio tracks are actually ok, and some are good. I don't see why MJ wouldn't have liked them himself : Monster is catchier than 90 % of the stuff on Invincible.

1 - None of the lyrics you mentioned are anything like the standard of material that Michael wrote, either as a sole writer or co-writer. They seem more like pale imitations made as an attempt to come across as the kind of material Michael would write. I really don't think Michael would write a song where he would refer to himself repeatedly in the first person. It just wasn't his style. Compare the simplistic and frankly immature lyrics of Breaking News with the in depth creative brilliance of Tabloid Junkie, a real song co-written by Michael. If you think Keep Your Head Up is typical of the type of lyric Michael would write, then you clearly haven't been much of a student of Michael's compositions. His lyrics actually made sense, as opposed to sounding like something entered in a high school song writing contest. And yes Michael is credited as co-writer on most of the tracks on Invincible. So what? I'm afraid we don't "all know what that means". Do you have some personal insight from the Invincible writing sessions that has some significance in this matter? I think not. Oh, and Neff-U had no involvement whatsoever with Keep Your Head Up. I think you need to check your facts better.

2 - We know, based on Michael's movements at the time, information from Raymone Bain and from video and pictures taken at various events that Michael arrived at the Cascio house in late August and left at the very beginning of November, in time for Jesse Jackson's birthday party in LA. Minus the time he spent in New York and you are left with 9 weeks. I demonstrated all this months ago using a wealth of evidence to back it up, such as photos of Michael posing with the cast of the Broadway production of The Lion King during the time he was supposed to be at the Cascios. All this information is many pages back in this thread. There is no conspiracy here. That's just the facts as proven. Michael spent 9 weeks in total at the Cascios in 2007. This actually far better supports the unlikelihood of Michael recording so much material in such a short space of time. Regardless, the amount of time Michael stayed there is ultimately irrelevant anyway. The songs and the evidence speaks for itself. There is simply no evidence that Michael recorded these songs.

3 - This is a very hypocritical point to make. No I didn't know Michael's personal reasons for being there at the time, but likewise neither do you, so what makes you think that your belief that Michael recorded these songs there has any more weight? Having followed every step of his career and persona for two decades, I can comfortably say that recording an entire album in such a short space of time with amateur producers was indeed uncharacteristic and unlikely. If you want to take the word of Eddie Cascio, who pocketed a fortune from these songs and doesn't give a damn about the damage they've done after the fact then that's up to you. You think there is nothing in their history that indicates fraudulent behaviour? There is. They are known as the Cascio tracks. And let's not forget Frank Cascio writing a book for profit where he details aspects of Michael's private life that we all know he would rather have kept private.

And yes, we know you have to keep on about how Michael was a complete loser at that time according to you but these type of insults only thinly veil the fact that you are unable to address any of the issues with the songs, from the vocal characteristics that do not match Michael but match Jason Cupeta such as the vibrato, pronounciation, same snorts, accent, poorer singing technique etc to the lack of any MJ habits anywhere in the tracks such as finger snaps, claps, headphone bleeding, all of which are completely absent from the lead vocal channel. Or the total lack of any supporting evidence that Michael recorded these songs - no notes, no out takes, nothing with his voice on asking for another take etc. The poor excuses such as he recorded through a pvc pipe, he was sick, he wanted to try a new voice, melodyne according to Teddy Riley (proven to be a lie based on the original demos), the lack of any Cascio titles on a fairly extensive list of tracks that Michael intended to complete at the time of his death, the fact that it took almost a year after his death for the existence of the songs to be known to anyone, including his own children who were there at the time, the fact that he ordered all takes destroyed because he was so happy with them but then on the other hand he was going to finish them in London. Well which is it Eddie? You make out that recording substandard songs with amateurs was the only work Michael could get at that time. You seem to forget that in the months preceeding his stay at the Cascios, and in the months after, he was recording with uber artists and producers like Will.I.Am and Akon. And guess what? In Hold My Hand, recorded less than a year from the Cascio tracks, he actually sounds like himself. Unbelievable!

And finally, I know you hate Invincible - I've seen your comments on other forums about it, but this is actually quite funny because you clearly don't realise that a considerable amount of material from that album was used to construct these tracks - specifically the adlibs and MJ phrases that Jason couldn't pull off. And as for Monster, you do realise that the version on "Michael" is nothing like the version that Eddie Cascio submitted right? So even if the song were real it doesn't represent anything that Michael did. Musically and production wise Teddy Riley completely changed it.

Last edited:
I guess that a bunch of MJ decades-die-hard fans, such as us, have issues to hear MJ on those tracks because we have no clue about MJ's voice at all. We've been ignorantly istening to a random voice of a guy on all those albums for decades and now we are unable to tell who sings on the Cascio tracks. We are all of sudden fighting the imaginery enemy, we are all of sudden deaf, dumb, crazy, irrational, illogical, making up conspiracy theories and so on. All of sudden. How believable. Yeah. Right. Whatever. What a solid as a rock theory coming from the believers.

Last edited:
I don't even ever get the Cascio songs in my head or want to listen to them. The song just released this year, Don't Be Messin' 'Round, instantly warmed my heart, made me smile and I listen to it all the time now. It's a rough demo and is 100,000x better than the Cascio songs.

To Stella Jackson :

1- You saying that the lyrics on the Cascio tracks are unworthy of MJ is just completely subjective on your part, and it has to do with your theory that they are fake. If "Breaking News" was on Invincible, you'd be praising it for "how MJ talks about himself in the third person, which is so original of him and shows how creative he was". Do you see my point? Your opinion on the quality of the Cascio tracks in 100 % influenced by your belief they are fake. If the EXACT same songs were on Invincible, you'd find a way to like them. In all objectivity, most of the Cascio tracks are ok, and some are good. Which is pretty much the most you can expect of unfinished, posthumous material.

As for the name of the producer on KYHU, I must have gotten it wrong : what's the name of the guy again? Tricky Stewart? I always get all of those producers mixed up.

2- NINE weeks is plenty of time to lay down vocals for 12 tracks. I mean, are you kidding me? Some of the greatest albums of all time were written and produced in less time than that.

3- As for all of your other points, they're the same as they always were, and I've answered them so many times I could just cut and paste from earlier posts. By the way, Frank Cascio's book is an amazing read, and it could be made into an amazing movie. You just have a problem with the Cascios, which is completely irrational because they never did anything wrong in their lives, and they never did anything to you. It feels like jealousy at them having lived the ultimate MJ fan fantasy of being friends with MJ.

One last point : you guys shouldn't play the "I'm an old-time fan, so I must know" card with me. I'm 33, and I was listening to MJ when some of you were probably not even born.

My mother is 48 and thought from day 1 that Breaking News wasn't Michael. She's also a dance instructor who bought all his albums back in the day, would watch his videos on MTV and is a big Janet Jackson fan as well.

I don't think that really matters all that much, though, I just think the obvious absent of Michael Jackson's distinct vocal characteristics is enough for me.

If Jason would have opened one of the songs with "uh-huh... alright" maybe I would have been a little more convinced. :ninja:

It really doesn't matter how much time MJ spent at Cascio house or did he co-wrote the songs or are the songs good or bad (I actually think that some of them are really good like Breaking News musically, lyrics are terrible in all of them). The only thing that matters is that the vocals are not Michael Jackson's.

And Invincible is amazing album, of course.

I agree, Invincible really is an incredible record. I choose it over Cascio tracks any day.

While not all of the songs may be typical upbeat pop dance tracks, the songs like Whatever Happens, The Lost Children and You Are My Life had a much deeper impact on me emotionally and spiritually than any Cascio track will ever be able to achieve.

To Stella Jackson :

1- You saying that the lyrics on the Cascio tracks are unworthy of MJ is just completely subjective on your part, and it has to do with your theory that they are fake. If "Breaking News" was on Invincible, you'd be praising it for "how MJ talks about himself in the third person, which is so original of him and shows how creative he was". Do you see my point? Your opinion on the quality of the Cascio tracks in 100 % influenced by your belief they are fake. If the EXACT same songs were on Invincible, you'd find a way to like them. In all objectivity, most of the Cascio tracks are ok, and some are good. Which is pretty much the most you can expect of unfinished, posthumous material.

As for the name of the producer on KYHU, I must have gotten it wrong : what's the name of the guy again? Tricky Stewart? I always get all of those producers mixed up.

2- NINE weeks is plenty of time to lay down vocals for 12 tracks. I mean, are you kidding me? Some of the greatest albums of all time were written and produced in less time than that.

3- As for all of your other points, they're the same as they always were, and I've answered them so many times I could just cut and paste from earlier posts. By the way, Frank Cascio's book is an amazing read, and it could be made into an amazing movie. You just have a problem with the Cascios, which is completely irrational because they never did anything wrong in their lives, and they never did anything to you. It feels like jealousy at them having lived the ultimate MJ fan fantasy of being friends with MJ.

One last point : you guys shouldn't play the "I'm an old-time fan, so I must know" card with me. I'm 33, and I was listening to MJ when some of you were probably not even born.

1 - How good or otherwise one feels the lyrics of a particular song are is indeed subjective. And it has nothing to do with whether I perceive the songs as fake or not. If these songs were real and had appeared on an MJ album while he was alive, I would still be dissapointed that they lack the depth of previous songs. And these songs are indeed lacking in the writing department. They simply don't make sense. And these are not unfinished songs that were completed posthumously. They were sold to Sony as finished tracks that MJ was completely satisfied with. If you think that's the best that can be expected from posthumous songs then you clearly haven't heard Slave To The Rhythm, I Was The Loser or Days In Gloucestershire.

2 - Nine weeks. Nine years. Completely irrelevant. It doesn't change the main issues. And it is also a generalisation on your part to say that is enough time. For many artists yes. The fact is that it was uncharacteristic of Michael to record an entire album in such a short time.

3 - You actually haven't explained any of the issues. Let's start with the vibrato. It is not the vibrato of Michael Jackson. It matches the vibrato of Jason Cupeta, as do all the other vocal characteristics. However, as you believe it is not Jason, then you must have a different explanation. What music production technique or specific production software would cause this, as an obvious accidental by product as no one would deliberately create such an uncontrolled shaky vibrato, and can you provide specific examples of where this has occured in previous recordings by any other artist. Then we can move onto all the other issues. I see you again fall back onto the old hatred for the Cascios excuse. This is pure nonsense. I had nothing but the upmost respect for the love and friendship that the Cascios gave to Michael. I simply don't hear him on these tracks and I, and many others, want answers. It has nothing to do with the notion of any preconceived hatred or jealousy. Many people were close friends with Michael. Do you see us questioning anything they did? No, because they give us no reason to. The Cascio tracks do.

And yes, Frank Cascio's book is an interesting and informative read that would make for an entertaining movie. But that doesn't change the fact that he is profiting from writing about things that Michael would have rather kept private.

Last edited:
I agree, Invincible really is an incredible record. I choose it over Cascio tracks any day.

While not all of the songs may be typical upbeat pop dance tracks, the songs like Whatever Happens, The Lost Children and You Are My Life had a much deeper impact on me emotionally and spiritually than any Cascio track will ever be able to achieve.

That is exactly why Invincible can run circles around any of the Cascio tracks...MJ was never 'typical'....While the upbeat tempo Cascio songs are indeed catchy, they are actually just typical upbeat pop dance tracks that could have been recorded by any typical pop singer...That's WHY it is difficult to believe that MJ would record 12 songs including such mediocre, everyday pop songs....The vocals are always at the forefront while discussing authenticity, but it's these other details that suggest that MJ might not have had anything to do with these Cascio songs in any major way.

I'm not saying that any of this is 'proof', but because of this, we go back to examining Michael's recording habits, and his personal style of musicianship that we have been familiar with for the last several decades....These types of things are important to consider, too IMO.

Last edited:
you guys shouldn't play the "I'm an old-time fan, so I must know" card with me. I'm 33, and I was listening to MJ when some of you were probably not even born.

There is listening to and loving what you're listening to. When you claim not to love Invincible album, that's your right. But as a 35-year old fan (older than you), I've never had a single song in my head sung by MJ that I'd even imagine say not to love. And even less call MJ a shell of a man. So, the card you are playing is actually worse. You are deliberately undermining and insulting MJ's intelligence in order to fit the theory that MJ sang the Cascio songs.

Hmm, why Queen's posthumus album Made In Heaven didn't cause controversy? :scratch: I guess it really sounded like Freddie Mercury unlike Cascio songs... I mean fans know what they hear. How can you explain this controversy when so huge part of fans doesn't hear MJ singing them? I don't understand. Why Cascios sound so ''weird'', ''off'', ''non-MJ''. WHY? Due to some weird effects caused by equipment or MJ simply sounds weird for some reason?

Hmm, why Queen's posthumus album Made In Heaven didn't cause controversy? :scratch: I guess it really sounded like Freddie Mercury unlike Cascio songs... I mean fans know what they hear. How can you explain this controversy when so huge part of fans doesn't hear MJ singing them? I don't understand. Why Cascios sound so ''weird'', ''off'', ''non-MJ''. WHY? Due to some weird effects caused by equipment or MJ simply sounds weird for some reason?

I remember when Freddy Mercury died. The radio announced it if I remember correctly on the 11th November 1990 or 1991. A couple of years later I bought the album Made In Heaven. Some songs were unfinished and they mixed older stuff with the unfinished songs. Brian May also sang some parts to complete the songs. It was an amazing job. Beautifully done. You can also see that that album was made out of love for Freddy, not out of bucks. The cover included.

I had such strong hopes for Michael's posthumous career. How could they have messed it up this much? It's not rocket science. He's been simply treated as a brand name instead of an artist.

I remember when Freddy Mercury died. The radio announced it if I remember correctly on the 11th November 1990 or 1991. A couple of years later I bought the album Made In Heaven. Some songs were unfinished and they mixed older stuff with the unfinished songs. Brian May also sang some parts to complete the songs. It was an amazing job. Beautifully done. You can also see that that album was made out of love for Freddy, not out of bucks. The cover included.
I agree and there's no doubt it's Freddie singing all the songs, how could there be doubt? Just like with Michael, how could there be doubt? If there's doubt, it's a huge red flag.

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless
2000 Watts
You Are My Life
Privacy
Don't Walk Away
Cry
The Lost Children
Whatever Happens
Threatened

and

Breaking News
Monster
Keep your head up
and the rest

are uncomparable musically wise and lyrically wise.

The Cascio songs are 'wannabe' songs. It's like they've tried, but it's just not it. And if you can't write, you shouldn't.

Each song on 'Invincible' has something special or different that I love. There was a reason Michael recorded them.

And English isn't my native language, but I understand all the lyrics on 'Invincible' (Ok, 2000watts not at first, someone had to explain it to me..:D), because they make sense. First I thought It was me who couldn't understand the Cascio lyrics, but now I know they are illogical to a lot of English speaking fans too.

Lyrically and musically they are not helping into believing Michael had anything to do with them, that's what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
The Cascio songs don't sound like the cat that was hitting the "chitin' circuit" when he was still in primary school. That won over The Apollo audience at 9 years old. The guy that was raised and schooled by Motown records back when it meant something. That created some of the greatest soul records of all time. The guy that could vocally more than hold his own on records with people as great as Stevie Wonder. The guy that could send chills down your spine or make you break out in a cheesy grin with a single line. One of the greatest and most respected artists in not only the history of black American music, but all of music worldwide.

They sound like a boy band reject. A poor impersonator. And suspiciously like a specific, known guy that fits both of those descriptions.

In short; Gimmie a break!

[youtube]VuN4VPVnvAs[/youtube]

[youtube]e2U5fT6kNWs[/youtube]

[youtube]2lhkorK8IK4[/youtube]

[youtube]Gl4hZAS2KVA[/youtube]

[youtube]pBrYo4UwZiE[/youtube]

[youtube]eCKf0wVdZ7I[/youtube]

Bahahahahah comparing the disgrace of a song like 'Monster' to anything on Invincible...bahahahah :lol:

Amazing to see the clips there on youtube. :) Hope it lasts... it really helps spread awareness, I easily sent that video to a friend in a discussion and it is effective.

There is no more convincing material than the youtube videos. Listening to them makes me feel frustrated and powerless. Should I spread some awareness by sending these to Frank Cascio? Oh, right...he's not Eddie :(, but he's Michael's friend :idea:, so the least he can do is listen to them, right?

Hey Jason, Frank Cascio is looking for you everywhere...(but not really).

I know that believers or even in-betweeners don't believe that Jason is singing these songs. Fair enough. BUT, just even listening to these comparisons can show that the voice is way, way, way off from Michael's own authentic voice.That's really more the intention of them. Just forget about Jason Malachi, just listen to what the audio is telling you. It shows that the vocal characteristics are not that of MJ's. Simple.

I find comparisons of the Cascio voice and MJ's authentic voice are pretty damning too though, sometimes even more so :fear:

I know that believers or even in-betweeners don't believe that Jason is singing these songs. Fair enough. BUT, just even listening to these comparisons can show that the voice is way, way, way off from Michael's own authentic voice.That's really more the intention of them. Just forget about Jason Malachi, just listen to what the audio is telling you. It shows that the vocal characteristics are not that of MJ's. Simple.

I find comparisons of the Cascio voice and MJ's authentic voice are pretty damning too though, sometimes even moreso :fear:

Yeah, you can hear the difference between the wannabe Michael and the real one so clearly. The real Michael feels it, the wannabe Michael pretends he feels it. Real natural talent versus uhm...a lot lesser copycat. And of course you can hear that.

Why doesn't everyone hear that???!!!

ahem...sorry.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can hear the difference between the wannabe Michael and the real one so clearly. The real Michael feels it, the wannabe Michael pretends he feels it. Real natural talent versus uhm...a lot lesser copycat. And of course you can hear that.

Why doesn't everyone hear that???!!!

ahem...sorry.

looooool

I think Michael has always been undermined as a vocalist..Sometimes his own fans underestimate him :fear:

To Stella Jackson regarding the vibrato :

The vibrato on the Cascio songs does sound weird : it sounds artificial, machine-enhanced. And it probably resembles the vibrato heard on thousands of other songs, from thousands of other singers.

The mistake you make is the classic mistake at the base of most conspiracy theories : the idea that the failure to explain everything perfectly negates all that is explained. And the idea that one should jump from the most minuscule of discoveries to the grandest of conclusions.

I don't know why the vibrato sounds the way it does. My guess is that it has something to do with shoddy post-production work on vocals that were not quite ready for primetime. Now, I know you say that no software in the world, and that no computer in the world can produce such a vibrato. I don't believe it for a second. This is 2012, in a world where computers can produce CGI that is undistinguisable from real life, and can basically do anything imaginable. The idea that there is no possible way, short of flying in a MJ impersonator, of ending up with what we hear on the record is absurd. If someone told you that no software or program could in any way be responsible for that, either they didn't know what they were talking about, or you framed the question in such a way as to hear what you wanted to hear.

Basically, your theory rests on the following thesis : nothing or no one in the world except MJ impersonator Jason Malachi could produce the short, artificial-sounding, mechanical vibrato we hear on the Cascio songs on the Michael record. And I'm sorry, but that vibrato is not extraordinary to the point where it can only come out of one person's mouth in the whole wide world. I'm thinking it came out of MJ's mouth -- mostly -- but was amateurly recorded and shoddily produced or post-produced. It was probably felt the actual vibrato on the original songs was too hit-and-miss to be released without studio magic.

To Stella Jackson regarding the vibrato :

The vibrato on the Cascio songs does sound weird : it sounds artificial, machine-enhanced. And it probably resembles the vibrato heard on thousands of other songs, from thousands of other singers.

The mistake you make is the classic mistake at the base of most conspiracy theories : the idea that the failure to explain everything perfectly negates all that is explained. And the idea that one should jump from the most minuscule of discoveries to the grandest of conclusions.

I don't know why the vibrato sounds the way it does. My guess is that it has something to do with shoddy post-production work on vocals that were not quite ready for primetime. Now, I know you say that no software in the world, and that no computer in the world can produce such a vibrato. I don't believe it for a second. This is 2012, in a world where computers can produce CGI that is undistinguisable from real life, and can basically do anything imaginable. The idea that there is no possible way, short of flying in a MJ impersonator, of ending up with what we hear on the record is absurd. If someone told you that no software or program could in any way be responsible for that, either they didn't know what they were talking about, or you framed the question in such a way as to hear what you wanted to hear.

Basically, your theory rests on the following thesis : nothing or no one in the world except MJ impersonator Jason Malachi could produce the short, artificial-sounding, mechanical vibrato we hear on the Cascio songs on the Michael record. And I'm sorry, but that vibrato is not extraordinary to the point where it can only come out of one person's mouth in the whole wide world. I'm thinking it came out of MJ's mouth -- mostly -- but was amateurly recorded and shoddily produced or post-produced. It was probably felt the actual vibrato on the original songs was too hit-and-miss to be released without studio magic.

As soon as I saw the phrase "conspiracy theories" I ceased taking what you said seriously. I'm really sick of you belittling us in this way. The vibrato, as has been demonstrated time and again sounds exactly like that of Jason Malachi. The fact that you are unable to explain with any evidence at all pretty much sums it up. Now what about having a go at why Michael changed his accent and pronounciation? And let me ask you this: why? Why would they make the vibrato sound that way, WBSS 2008 sounds fine despite being recorded by the same people in the same studio and on the same equipment. WBSS 2008 and the Cascio tracks sound like two completely different people. Your attempt to defend these songs fail on every level because you are simply unable to adequately address any of the issues. If it were just the vibrato or just something else, that would be one thing, but all of Jason's vocal mannerisms are present in these tracks. The most logical explanation, especially when coupled with the total absence of any evidence that Michael recorded these songs, is that Eddie had Jason record vocals that Michael didn't live to record. Otherwise where is the evidence? The outtakes, the notes, anything that would have stopped this controversy and allowed the album to sell far better. There simply is nothing to prove Michael recorded these songs. Nothing. Yet we have all the vocal characteristics that are the same as a vocal impersonator who always bragged about being on an MJ record yet completely disappeared just before Breaking News premiered. Why do you think he was questioned by the Estate? Unfortunately the extent of their investigation into him was a couple of phone calls to his manager during which his involvement was obviously denied. Are you really satisfied with that? And here's another question, if it is really Michael on the tracks, then why is almost every breath in between every line pasted on from previous recordings?

And if you really think that is Michael's vibrato then you've been listening to the wrong person.

Last edited:
No one has ever said that no software in the world can produce such a vibrato. However, Teddy told us that the weird vibrato came about as an artifact of the pitch correction he did with Melodyne. As several people have explained, there is no way that pitch correction would lead to such an artifact.

Basically, your theory rests on the following thesis : nothing or no one in the world except MJ impersonator Jason Malachi could produce the short, artificial-sounding, mechanical vibrato we hear on the Cascio songs on the Michael record.
Obviously this is not what our doubts rest on at all, and you have been following this debate long enough to know that. The vibrato is just one aspect that is off about these vocals. It is an important one, because it a. sounds nothing like Michael's vibrato, b. the explanation we have been given as to why it sounds the way it does makes no sense, and c. it sounds identical to Jason Malachi's - just like the pronunication, accent and overall tonality of the Cascio tracks' singer. But obviously the strange vibrato is not the only reason these vocals are doubted.

Why don't you stop belittling those who doubt the tracks (purposely misstating their position even though you know better, calling them conspiracy theorists, laughing at the idea of the doubters being proven wrong) and instead deal with the actual questions that have been posited time and time again?

And I'm sorry, but that vibrato is not extraordinary to the point where it can only come out of one person's mouth in the whole wide world. I'm thinking it came out of MJ's mouth -- mostly -- but was amateurly recorded and shoddily produced or post-produced. It was probably felt the actual vibrato on the original songs was too hit-and-miss to be released without studio magic.
You always accuse the doubters of jumping to conclusions, but do you see how many assumptions you make yourself? You even go in the face of the actual facts, because Teddy Riley has publicly stated that the weird sounding vibrato is an artifact of Melodyning, not something that was edited in on purpose. Apart from that, as Stella said, there is no weird vibrato on the WBSS 2008 vocals - so the argument that the studio facilities would be sub-par and somehow cause this kind of vibrato to emerge makes no sense either.

Its 2 years since "michael" is released. we've been givin lame and mostly false explanetions why those songs sound wrong.
Sony/estate closed the case. Cascio dont intend to defend at all. Why, cause he can't. And he got the money. So why should he?

Why you guys continue with that? Why you poison your life with discussions? What you think it going to happen?
2000 pages with the same assumtions and speculations. Its over.
The only thing that all this contributed is that the estate understood that they have to listen to the fans and we are not easy to be fooled, like that cascio guy thought.

I want to say, the cascios may have been good friends with michael. But they are no different then all the other "friends" he had. They all turned on to profit from him . At least not when he was alive. Thats the only good thing.
But they did it in the most insulting way. Not only insulting michael but also his fans.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the phrase "conspiracy theories" I ceased taking what you said seriously. /QUOTE]

Yeah, and that's the problem. You may not like the label "conspiracy theory", but your theory IS a conspiracy theory. It is based on the idea that a relatively large group of people CONSPIRED to record fake MJ tracks and sell them. And it is based on the idea that all of those unrelated people -- who only got together to pull off this scheme -- have since managed to keep quiet about it, without a single smoking gun of their hoax -- the bigest hoax in the history of recorded music -- leaking in any way to the public, or even to the main people involved, such as the Jackson family, the Estate and Sony.

I'm not saying you're a conspiracy theorist when it comes to OTHER things : I have no reason to believe you think the moon landing was staged or 9/11 was an inside job. But when it comes to the issue at hand -- the Cascio tracks -- what you're promoting here is 100 % a conspiracy theory. Now, the fact it involves a conspiracy doesn't mean in and of itself that it's a false theory : there are conspiracies in the real world. But let's call things by their name : what you're saying happened here is a conspiracy, and a textbook example at that!

Back