Michael - The Great Album Debate

You know that it was John Branca who confirmed that there won't be any more Cascio tracks released, right? I should know; I heard him confirm it twice. The first time was to a fan (who I can only assume was Stella) and he later confirmed it to me when I had a brief conversation with him.

Want proof that I met him? Here:

251572_3694829975471_703148063_n.jpg

Want proof that he said what he had said? We have two members here who heard him confirm it first-hand. No beating around the bush or using verbal loopholes; he straight up said "There'll be no more Cascio tracks on future products".

See, when people have got the proof of something they naturally and spontaneously provide it. What harm can it do to anyone when you show the proof?

If SONY/Estate/Cascio had the proof they would show it.

If only most of you people realized how childish you respond on some things.

Making fun of Kreen/his kids because they like Soldier Boy, damn. I can reassure you that MANY people all over the world believe they are MJ and very much enjoy and love the tracks. You guys are not the world and do not speak for the world. Everyone will have his/her own opinion about these songs. Like 'em or don't. But actually going so low again as to feel offended someone enjoys listening to them... Be ashamed.

*Note: Yes, I know you guys like to use your "humor", but the message in those jokes surely says enough. Having said this, I've been enjoying The Bad25 demo's, some awesome cascio songs like All I Need demo and of course some Burn Tonight to which I love to listen when I drive to University everyday! I'm very sorry if I offended anyone with that. I can't wait to see the remaining Cascio's released! =)

Making fun of Kreen/his kids because they like Soldier Boy, damn. I can reassure you that MANY people all over the world believe they are MJ and very much enjoy and love the tracks. You guys are not the world and do not speak for the world. Everyone will have his/her own opinion about these songs. Like 'em or don't. But actually going so low again as to feel offended someone enjoys listening to them... Be ashamed.

*Note: Yes, I know you guys like to use your "humor", but the message in those jokes surely says enough. Having said this, I've been enjoying The Bad25 demo's, some awesome cascio songs like All I Need demo and of course some Burn Tonight to which I love to listen when I drive to University everyday! I'm very sorry if I offended anyone with that. I can't wait to see the remaining Cascio's released! =)
you just spoke for the world. didn't you just accuse people of speaking for the world? how do you know, anymore than us? all i know is 'Michael' is doing poorly on iTunes, according to the popularity meter, and i didn't see it on the charts. i don't know what kind of proof you need..and i don't know why you seem to be rooting for someone who would take advantage of Michael Jackson. And I don't know why you would be so surprised that on an MJ fan forum, people would defend Michael. Hasn't he been through enough?

You completely missed the point! No one was making fun of Kreen and his kids, but of "Soldier Boy" lyrics. Re-read again and see it for yourself.

God dammit! I looked Branca straight in the face when he personally assured me that there were going to be no more Cascio tracks officially released. While I only heard the end of his conversation with Stella, he did personally confirm the end result of that conversation to me, shortly after I took the picture of him and one of the people I saw Bad 25 with.

God dammit! I looked Branca straight in the face when he personally assured me that there were going to be no more Cascio tracks officially released. While I only heard the end of his conversation with Stella, he did personally confirm the end result of that conversation to me, shortly after I took the picture of him and one of the people I saw Bad 25 with.

When Taryll asked for hard drives and computers, they told him that everything was broken down. Believers' argument was that they told him that so that he leaves thems alone.

Here, I suggest that believers believe that Branca said "yeah, right we won't release them" so that doubters leave him alone.

How twisted lol.

"There'll be no more Cascio tracks on future products".

We'll see. If there's a rule that is a constant through history, it is that whatever people will buy, it will be sold. And if there's a rule that is constant in the history of show-business, it is : don't take as gospel everything showbiz people tell you.

I'm not missing any point. I said what I said and certainly didn't speak "for the world." I spoke about things that were a fact and now stop being butthurt and "defend" Michael Jackson for something YOU don't even have proof of. He might aswell have told you "Yes, I sang these songs." You don't know anything more than I do. There's no freaking Jason Malachi on these songs, only MJ and Porte as Korgnex showed numerous times now. See what I did there?

As for the Michael album, the fact it didn't do as well isn't all the fault of the Cascio songs. Wait... it was never the fault of the cascio songs, it was the fault of the fans that made a freaking conspiracy out of it that's still alive today and probably for alot of years. No, albums aren't selling that much these days anymore. It's more about iTunes, downloading and online music than people buying albums. The amount of times the album was sold is still pretty impressive and it was very much a success and not a flop as many people seem to claim. Yet again I'm 100% sure most people who bought it didn't care for the Cascio songs at all. The thing I saw when it was released to this very same day, is people doubting songs like Hollywood Tonight due to that crappy conspiracy. But who am I kidding, you guys only hear what you want to hear.

@ Bumper: The message behind the jokes says enough. As I would know (for checking back this thread everytime), I've seen many insulting comments been made (sometimes by both sides). And we ---> all Jason Malachi

We'll see. If there's a rule that is a constant through history, it is that whatever people will buy, it will be sold. And if there's a rule that is constant in the history of show-business, it is : don't take as gospel everything showbiz people tell you.

How ironic :D

@ Bumper: The message behind the jokes says enough. As I would know (for checking back this thread everytime), I've seen many insulting comments been made (sometimes by both sides). And we ---> all

Last edited:
What message behind the jokes? There is no other message than the lyrics sucks. And TBH, would you jam with your kids to someone singing "got the bullet to the brain"?

The rest of your comment is irrelevant to the thread, so I am not answering.

I'd jam to a song if it sounds good even if it has a lyric in it that goes "Got a bullet to the brain." I've heard way worse things than that, really... =)

As for not "answering" to my comment,
Let's just say I expected that.

My, how the conspiracy-theory tables have turned...

A few quick points :

1- Regarding the lyrics on the Cascio songs : who cares about lyrics on a pop song? We're not talking about Leonard Cohen here...

2- I'm grateful to the fan above who defended me : thanks for that! But don't worry : I can deal with the "ridicule" : I've had much worse!

3- The funny thing about the "veteran" fans making fun of the "younger ones" here is that... I'm 33! There's a chance I am the older MJ fan around here...

4- Regarding whether more Cascio songs will be released in the future : I hope we can all agree that business decisions regarding what music labels put out are not based on verbal promises made to anonymous fans at a fan event. Do you think that, 5 years from now, when the Estate's working on "Michael Volume 2", they'll go : "Well we could include that nice song, "All I Need", that we paid Burt Bacharah 10 000 $ to score with an orchestra, and it would fit right in, BUT we promised Stella Jackson 5 years ago that we wouldn't, so we better not".

My, how the conspiracy-theory tables have turned...

Question : if the Estate announced "The Cascio Recordings" : a 12-song CD featuring only the Cascio tracks, and said "These are controversial songs that some people say are MJ, some people say are not : we're putting them out on a single CD so people who want them can buy them, and those who don't, don't have to".

Would the anti-Cascio people here have a problem with that?

They know that any album with Cascio tracks will bomb, or at least not reach the potential it could've. "Michael" could've easily sold 7 million copies despite the atrocious promotion if the controversy wasn't there. From a business standpoint, they would be extraordinarily stupid to release any of those tracks on a future release, unless they don't want to make money, which is their ultimate goal here.

They know what majority of the fans want now, and the sales of the "Michael" album proved it. Why else would the single for Monster - complete with remixes - get shelved? They spent time, effort and money to make those remixes, and yet it all got shelved. Why? Because they know that these Frankenstein abominations won't sell.

There is no doubt that there are unreleased songs in Jimi Hendrix's; John Lennon's; 2Pac's; Biggie Smalls' and Freddie Mercury's vaults, but do they release them? No. Why? Because there's such a thing as quality over quantity. The Estate knows that these are poor quality songs, regardless of authenticity. Releasing more of them is an act of stupidity because they know how they'll be received by the public. It's the same principle that's stopping Brian May and Roger Taylor from releasing a new Queen album with Freddie Mercury vocals. It's the same principle that's stopping the Elvis Estate from releasing his last televised concert.

Last edited:
I'd jam to a song if it sounds good even if it has a lyric in it that goes "Got a bullet to the brain." I've heard way worse things than that, really... =)

With your kids? Wow.

A few quick points :

1- Regarding the lyrics on the Cascio songs : who cares about lyrics on a pop song? We're not talking about Leonard Cohen here...

Lyrics on the cascio songs are a mess. I dunno how old your kids are, but jamming to "got a bullet to the brain" isn't very nice to hear for them, no matter who sings it.

2- I'm grateful to the fan above who defended me : thanks for that! But don't worry : I can deal with the "ridicule" : I've had much worse!

Nobody attacked you.

3- The funny thing about the "veteran" fans making fun of the "younger ones" here is that... I'm 33! There's a chance I am the older MJ fan around here...

There is a chance, but you aren't the oldest here.

4- Regarding whether more Cascio songs will be released in the future : I hope we can all agree that business decisions regarding what music labels put out are not based on verbal promises made to anonymous fans at a fan event. Do you think that, 5 years from now, when the Estate's working on "Michael Volume 2", they'll go : "Well we could include that nice song, "All I Need", that we paid Burt Bacharah 10 000 $ to score with an orchestra, and it would fit right in, BUT we promised Stella Jackson 5 years ago that we wouldn't, so we better not".

You still don't get the point. They won't release it not because they promised to Stella or Jesta, but because those tracks are devastating to the fan community, not to mention their complete lack of concrete proof that MJ sang those songs.

A few quick points :

you hear what you want, as you say others hear what they want. look..i know there are people who are fans of legitmacy, and i know there are people out there who support piracy..and i know there are people out there who support illegal downloading, and i know there are people out there who support Michael Jackson, and i know there are people who support people ripping other people off. but karma is an equal opportunity marauder, too. That's all i'm gunna say.

the creme always rises to the top and people who cheat others, ultimately get cheated.

there are people out there, probably, that like Milli Vanilli, too. but ultimately, that group was a disaster and were left with NOTHING.

cheaters never win. it never fails. Thriller is legit and still the biggest seller of all time. Milli Vanilli is forgotten.

Cascios will be forgotten. There are no short cuts. No matter what you think.

Last edited:
Question : if the Estate announced "The Cascio Recordings" : a 12-song CD featuring only the Cascio tracks, and said "These are controversial songs that some people say are MJ, some people say are not : we're putting them out on a single CD so people who want them can buy them, and those who don't, don't have to".

That would be the ultimate insult to MJ's legacy. They can release those tracks the day they show concrete proof it's MJ --hoping they don't fabricate it in the meantime.

The truth will come out eventually. Those tracks will not go down in history as Michael Jackson tracks. I'm confident of that.

Why anyone would be hoping they are released, knowing what they have done to the fan community, and the lack of proof of MJ's involvement, makes me think they have other motives. Motives to hurt and "get back" at the the fans that greatly oppose their position on these songs.

Thank you Ivy. :)
@Stella
Would you summarize the conversation between you and JB about this certain issue to help fans know more about what Estate knows?

@Kreen

I was hoping you could laugh about that macro too. It's nothing personal and you know it.

It was just a little tease.

I don't care what you listen to in the car with your kids (as long as you keep your hands on the wheel and the windows shut..:D)

You won't see that. Maybe they'll leak.

Again. There is no "anti-Cascio people". There are only "anti-FAKE SONGS people". Of course we would have a problem with that. A big problem, huge. Because, again, they will be releasing songs that Michael Jackson doesn't sing labeling them as Michael Jackson. That is wrong.

We don't have anything against those songs. They can be released on Jason Malachi's next album, or on James Porte's albums any day.

There was and there will no debate. It´s Jason Malachi, not Michael Jackson, and every fan on every forum knows it.:victory:

The debate ended many months or years ago.

Try to heard MJ on Bad25 album and you will learn how pure was the MJ voice.:angel:

Sound engineer Angelo Montrone has actually replied to my latest email. Here is our latest correspondence.

Hello,

As you can imagine, my posting of our correspondence on the MJ Forum ignited quite a response. Among all of the questions raised, two strike me as particularly pertinent. Since you seem enthusiastic about helping us with this issue, I take the liberty of asking you both questions here:

1- If James Porte already had real MJ guide vocals from 2007 when he handed you the tracks in 2009, why didn’t he put those MJ vocals on the tracks, instead of using his own vocals, especially if he was going to try to sing like MJ anyway?

2- As you know, the vibrato on the Cascio tracks is pretty “shaky”. Those who believe a fraud took place hold that no post-production technique – no music software, no studio trickery – could explain MJ’s natural voice changing into such a weak, shaky vibrato : it has to be an impersonator. Do you agree that the vibrato, as heard on songs like “Breaking News” or “Keep your Head Up”, is a giveaway that it is not MJ singing, or are you aware, as a sound engineer, of other ways in which such an odd-sounding vibrato could have been achieved, voluntarily or not?

I hope that I’m not asking too much of your patience by pestering you with even more questions now. If you choose to no longer answer any more questions, I understand and thank you for your cooperation so far.

Bernard Couture

Hi Bernard,

I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to respond to you.

You're answers:

1. It made sense to me on a high profile project like this that they wouldn't send a track of MJ doing a rough because they'd be concerned about his vocal being leaked.

2. The shakey vibrato could be an artifact from pitch correction if the original pitch was sharp (dropping the pitch can make things sound deeper and slower). Also, Autotune has a parameter for adding vibrato -in other words it can track the pitch so tightly that it takes away a singer's natural vibrato and it can recreate it by introducing it's own warble (which the user can set speed and variation). You can download an online instruction manual from Anteres to read more about this. In fact, you could download a free trial and try this yourself and experiment to get an idea of how it effects the voice.

Hope this helps,

Angelo

kreen;3710559 said:
Sound engineer Angelo Montrone has actually replied to my latest email. Here is our latest correspondence.

Hello,

As you can imagine, my posting of our correspondence on the MJ Forum ignited quite a response. Among all of the questions raised, two strike me as particularly pertinent. Since you seem enthusiastic about helping us with this issue, I take the liberty of asking you both questions here:

1- If James Porte already had real MJ guide vocals from 2007 when he handed you the tracks in 2009, why didn’t he put those MJ vocals on the tracks, instead of using his own vocals, especially if he was going to try to sing like MJ anyway?

2- As you know, the vibrato on the Cascio tracks is pretty “shaky”. Those who believe a fraud took place hold that no post-production technique – no music software, no studio trickery – could explain MJ’s natural voice changing into such a weak, shaky vibrato : it has to be an impersonator. Do you agree that the vibrato, as heard on songs like “Breaking News” or “Keep your Head Up”, is a giveaway that it is not MJ singing, or are you aware, as a sound engineer, of other ways in which such an odd-sounding vibrato could have been achieved, voluntarily or not?

I hope that I’m not asking too much of your patience by pestering you with even more questions now. If you choose to no longer answer any more questions, I understand and thank you for your cooperation so far.

Bernard Couture

Hi Bernard,

I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to respond to you.

You're answers:

1. It made sense to me on a high profile project like this that they wouldn't send a track of MJ doing a rough because they'd be concerned about his vocal being leaked.

2. The shakey vibrato could be an artifact from pitch correction if the original pitch was sharp (dropping the pitch can make things sound deeper and slower). Also, Autotune has a parameter for adding vibrato -in other words it can track the pitch so tightly that it takes away a singer's natural vibrato and it can recreate it by introducing it's own warble (which the user can set speed and variation). You can download an online instruction manual from Anteres to read more about this. In fact, you could download a free trial and try this yourself and experiment to get an idea of how it effects the voice.

Hope this helps,

Angelo

You are asking the guy questions that we already know the answers to. Ask him about Malachi, show him this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrB0ditWv4Y

And ask him why would MJ vocals sound so good on WBSS 2008 and so unrecognizable, awful and weak on Cascio tracks recorded at the same time in the same studio with the same people?

And ask him if there is ANY computer software that can change pronunciation & accent.

Thanks for keeping the correspondence going and posting it here, kreen. Although I agree with Bumper that Angelo seems to mostly just be hypothesizing as we all are about the songs, it is still interesting to get direct input from someone who worked on the tracks.

kreen;3710559 said:
2- As you know, the vibrato on the Cascio tracks is pretty “shaky”. Those who believe a fraud took place hold that no post-production technique – no music software, no studio trickery – could explain MJ’s natural voice changing into such a weak, shaky vibrato : it has to be an impersonator.
This is not true, kreen. No one, as far as I know, has said that no techniques exist that can digitally add a vibrato to vocals. The whole point of discussion has been that Teddy Riley said that the vibrato sounded the way it did as a result of pitch correction with Melodyne.

Which brings me to:
2. The shakey vibrato could be an artifact from pitch correction if the original pitch was sharp (dropping the pitch can make things sound deeper and slower).
Indeed, which is why I am not sure why he believes dropping the pitch would lead to the very fast vibrato that we hear on the tracks. Dropping the pitch, as he mentions here, would lead to a perhaps shaky but stretched out vibrato, not an extremely fast one. Btw, the overall vocals on some of the Cascio tracks seem pitched up (which could explain the extremely fast vibrato).

A few other reasons why I believe the vibrato on the Cascio tracks is not an artifact of pitch correction:

-The vocals sound relatively clean. The other artifacts that pitch correction with Melodyne produces are almost completely missing. Again I point to this example of extreme Melodyning. You can hear the familiar artifacts that give the voice that really unnatural/distorted feel. Yet there is no shaky vibrato to be found:
[video=youtube_share;dUDYEu6TYCU]http://youtu.be/dUDYEu6TYCU[/video]

And this one (by the same YouTube user):
[video=youtube_share;WJb9SxNUTRo]http://youtu.be/WJb9SxNUTRo[/video]
(just to give another MJ related example of it, you can hear it in some lines in I'll Be There and Human Nature in TII too)

-The shaky vibrato can be heard in 'natural' places. What I mean by that is that we do not hear the vibrato in the middle of a line, where it would seem out of place, but only at the end of lines/long notes, etc, where one might naturally expect a vibrato. If the vibrato would purely be a side-effect of pitch correction, this would mean that MJ sang flat notes (in other words screwed up) exactly at these places and nowhere else.

-The shaky vibrato can be heard all over the songs. It's not like there are one or two weird vibratos in one of the songs, the shaky vibrato is heard everywhere and on all the tracks. This would mean that almost every line MJ sang needed pitch correction. You are telling me that MJ, who was known for his extremely good pitch control, would sing that badly? A counter argument could be that they changed the melody of the songs and needed to alter the pitch of MJ's vocals accordingly. But it seems very far-fetched that they would alter the melody of every song after the fact at the expense of the vocals, and also only change the melody at those places where a singer might use vibrato (as I mentioned above). And again, the You Rock My World clip above is an example of completely changing the original melody -> yet, no Cascio-like vibrato is to be found.

Combined with the fact that the vibrato sounds very much like Jason Malachi's, whose other vocal characteristics can also be found all over the songs, I personally think there is really not much support for the 'artifact-theory'. Btw, I also think people have focused too much on the vibrato, when it is just one of the many vocal characteristics that does not match up with MJ's voice.

Also, Autotune has a parameter for adding vibrato -in other words it can track the pitch so tightly that it takes away a singer's natural vibrato and it can recreate it by introducing it's own warble (which the user can set speed and variation). You can download an online instruction manual from Anteres to read more about this. In fact, you could download a free trial and try this yourself and experiment to get an idea of how it effects the voice.
Just to be clear once more, creating a vibrato digitally is certainly possible. The question here is: why would they do that? And secondly, this does not match with Teddy's explanation that the vibrato is the result of pitch correction (in other words, an unfortunate side-effect).

Angelo, if you are reading this topic and are willing to respond, it would be great to further discuss this with you. Thanks for your input thus far!

Last edited:
Back