Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
My ideal tracklist, based on what 100% exists:

1. Another Day
2. Blue Gangsta
3. A Place With No Name
4. I'm Dreamin
5. Hold My Hand
6. Much Too Soon/I Will Miss You
7. Escape
8. The Future
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
10. I Have This Dream/What More Can I Give

11. Love Never Felt So Good (bonus track)

1. Another Day
2. Blue Gangsta
3. A Place With No Name
4. I'm Dreamin
5. Hold My Hand
7. Escape
8. The Future

You haven't even heard Hollywood Tonight or Best of Joy or Behind The Mask.

These songs could be killer for all we know...

1. Another Day
2. Blue Gangsta
3. A Place With No Name
4. I'm Dreamin
5. Hold My Hand
7. Escape
8. The Future

...sounds amazing! would love this! :D (i'd include Behind the Mask, though)

Why make ideal tracklists with songs you already know? I want NEW material.

New material will come on MJ - and I simply CAN NOT WAIT!

You haven't even heard Hollywood Tonight or Best of Joy or Behind The Mask.

These songs could be killer for all we know...

Nope, haven't heard Hollywood Tonight and Best Of Joy, I haven't heard most songs Michael recorded but never released. If they are any good then sure, they would replace some of the tracks I mentioned. But based on my knowledge that's what IMO could've been used.

I've been listening to Behind The Mask for years now, I doubt MJs version is much different to Phillinganes' (that is the version Michael has co-written).

Nope, haven't heard Hollywood Tonight and Best Of Joy, I haven't heard most songs Michael recorded but never released. If they are any good then sure, they would replace some of the tracks I mentioned. But based on my knowledge that's what IMO could've been used.

I've been listening to Behind The Mask for years now, I doubt MJs version is much different to Phillinganes' (that is the version Michael has co-written).

I beg to differ about BTM....I bet Michael did something incredible with that one...He's always said if you're gonna cover a song, you have to make it BETTER than the original...To this day, everyone I talk to prefers Mike's version of Come Together than the Beatles one...or even the Aerosmith cover...

I beg to differ about BTM....I bet Michael did something incredible with that one...He's always said if you're gonna cover a song, you have to make it BETTER than the original...To this day, everyone I talk to prefers Mike's version of Come Together than the Beatles one...or even the Aerosmith cover...

Well, in this case it is totally different. It isn't a cover, MJ recorded Behind The Mask before Greg and Clapton. This is HIS version that was recorded by both artists. MJ did not work on the song after "Thriller".

Phillinganes' version is more than likely almost identical to Michael's (bar the obvious difference: vocals). MJ worked on that song with him.

Well, in this case it is totally different. It isn't a cover, MJ recorded Behind The Mask before Greg and Clapton. This is HIS version that was recorded by both artists. MJ did not work on the song after "Thriller".

Phillinganes' version is more than likely almost identical to Michael's (bar the obvious difference: vocals). MJ worked on that song with him.

....Yeah, but Michael covered Yellow Magic Orchestra's version, correct? ah well...even so, I can't wait to hear his version...

1. Another Day
2. Blue Gangsta
3. A Place With No Name
4. I'm Dreamin
5. Hold My Hand
7. Escape
8. The Future

Wait... is "I have this dream" the same as "What more can I give"?!?!
there exists another charity song (dedicated to the katrina victims...), doesn't it??

....ah well...even so, I can't wait to hear his version...
Me too!
For years people who worked on the song were saying it was a favorite of theirs and was supposed to be one of the stronger songs on "Thriller". I'm sure Michael's vocal delivery is out of this world!

Wait... is "I have this dream" the same as "What more can I give"?!?!
there exists another charity song (dedicated to the katrina victims...), doesn't it??

No it isn't. / means the first song could be used or the second.
i.e. Billie Jean/Beat It

There are at least two songs titled "I Have This Deam" - one is a fully completed charity single from 2005/2006. One is an outtake from Invincible that was said to be Michael's favorite off that album and he spoke alot about that song before the album release.

Me too!
For years people who worked on the song were saying it was a favorite of theirs and was supposed to be one of the stronger songs on "Thriller". I'm sure Michael's vocal delivery is out of this world!

and THAT alone makes all the difference in the world...there's that magic that only he can create....:cheeky:

....Yeah, but Michael covered Yellow Magic Orchestra's version, correct? ah well...even so, I can't wait to hear his version...

It's not a cover. He based a song he has written on their composition.

YMO:

Michael's "Behind The Mask" sung by Greg:

and THAT alone makes all the difference in the world...there's that magic that only he can create....:cheeky:

I agree! I can't wait to hear MJ on this song. I hope they didn't change it much.

There are at least two songs titled "I Have This Deam" - one is a fully completed charity single from 2005/2006. One is an outtake from Invincible that was said to be Michael's favorite off that album and he spoke alot about that song before the album release.

Wow - thank you for this information... Makes me soooo sad that both of the songs aren't included on "Michael"... :'( I'm so dying to hear those.... well hopefully they'll see the light of day sometimes soon...

Guys does any one have a link or copy of Keep Your Head Up they can pm me please?

Thanks in advance

I wonder if 'I like the way you love me' is the one from the UC, if that's the case..sorry but that'll mean Sony screw up again, first with Cascio recordings that they were so determined to put on it, and now a song that's not even unreleased at all. They could have put 'Do you know where your children are' or 'Blue gangsta' on it instead of that.
New album my ass....

i postet twice in de last twpo days.. and nobody answers me...

Why is nobody reading my post question?

im very confused and wanna now, which tracks had been leaked yet, and why is the poll above about songs that arent on the album?

there are only 10 songs? Strange thing to not include songs we fans were hoping for.

where the children are etc are not on the album

im very confused and wanna now, which tracks had been leaked yet, and why is the poll above about songs that arent on the album?

there are only 10 songs? Strange thing to not include songs we fans were hoping for.

Have you read the title of the poll?

Ingelief;3077287 said:

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) leaked
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up leaked
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent) leaked
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz) leaked
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon leaked

The One.;3077372 said:
MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) leaked - Not entirely.
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up leaked
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent) leaked - Not the whole song right?
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz) leaked - Not the version going to be on Michael right ?
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon leaked - Only a very short snippet right?

I hope not more is leaked.

Okay, I'm done with this BS now. I still have a hard time believing Breaking News is him, I don't think it's Michael, but I will still buy the CD and do my very best to make sure this is yet another success for him!!
It doesn't mean I support Sony or think this in any way is good, neither does it mean that I will not do my best to make sure people know what they have done to MJ over the years. But for now, it's all about a Michael Jackson album. I think we're right when some of us think that Michael would never have put this out if he was still with us, and trust me I wish he was, but he's not. This is what we have left, this is what the world has left of him and I will not be part of any negativity surrounding it because I know how the media will take that.

It's time to do two things that is very contradicting, but I don't care. Make sure people know what Sony and some of the people around this are all about, BUT also make sure this is a big success for the name, and memory, of Michael Jackson!!

With Love of course =)

Back