Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Yes, it makes sense to release a 12", the markets there for the them from fans, one more thing for sony to sell. and of course vinyl records are more popular amoung some super cool folks, and as a collectors items. U know gorgeous big artwork! This Is It had one

lol, wow, I hadn't realised that I'm super cool :shades:

they sony, will only put added tracks on any special edtion they might release next year. u know something with gold and book with 7 thousand pages, a dvd and real life MJ hologram... all wrapped up in leather

well, perhaps I should have added they 'think there cool'! but yes, u rock! ;- )

I will buy one if I can't get a god poster of the cover... i like the official sony posters, they start out being put everywhere but soon most get destroyed by the shop keepers, and on the streets where they are glued to walls. So i like having 1 in mint condition. I put my first ever MJ album, Bad, in a lovely all white deep frame. looks good on the wall. MJ art we call it!

Last edited:
I'm going to buy somewhere around 2 or 3. It depends. :lol: I already have mine pre-ordered, and I'm sure my sister would want one for her own, so that would be another one. Now if my oooootherrr sister wants one, then I'll be happy enough to buy it for her also. :lol:

I don't know if I'll be buying the album. Probably not...
However, I will buy the 7 real songs multiple times.

I don't know if I'll be buying the album. Probably not...
However, I will buy the 7 real songs multiple times.

You could also buy the album and then rip the songs you like :) Remember, the press will equate record sales with popularity, and if this album sells poorly they will claim that MJ is no longer relevant. They've already set the bar really high by expecting Thriller-like sales. Don't give them the ammunition to attack Michael's legacy. And I do understand the perspective of those who believe the Cascio tracks are fake, but boycotting the album will not make any difference. The Cascio songs are going to be on the album, whether they like it or not, and the album will still sell simply because it is called "Michael". But with the contribution of all fans, it will sell even better and remind everyone just how popular Michael is. We should all work together to make "Michael" the best selling album of 2010, or perhaps even the past decade :)

Last edited:
ill buy at least 3 copies. And i never bought more than once on a new release lol.
I hope people instead of buying them digitally will buy the album and then rip the songs they like

For those who plan on buying multiple copies of the album, please remember not to buy them all in one time! From my understanding, this will be counted as 1 copy sold to prevent bulk buying. Just buy them in different stores or at different times :)

For those who plan on buying multiple copies of the album, please remember not to buy them all in one time! From my understanding, this will be counted as 1 copy sold to prevent bulk buying. Just buy them in different stores or at different times :)
Ah, thanks for the tip! :D

ill buy at least 3 copies. And i never bought more than once on a new release lol.
I hope people instead of buying them digitally will buy the album and then rip the songs they like

i'll be buying 5 copies atleast.

i'm going to at least buy 3 ^_^

i'm going to buy somewhere around 2 or 3. It depends. :lol: I already have mine pre-ordered, and i'm sure my sister would want one for her own, so that would be another one. Now if my oooootherrr sister wants one, then i'll be happy enough to buy it for her also. :lol:

yes, yes, yes! :) I'll buy 2 and my brother one, so 3.

hello can anybody help me im so lost right now

one day and now there are all leaked songs?

Can anybody give me a post reaction with all the songs that are now out there? so i can listen to it? i havent heard besised breaking news one song so..

And the songs in the poll are not all on the album right? why is that??? (i mean why is it that the poll have songs which we are exiting about, but we cant be exiting about when its not on the album)

hope someone will help me with the songs... and the links

I will buy three copies:
One for listening
One for my collection (I will never ever open that one, lol)
One as xmas present

but I make sure the album is allright before I buy it...

My entire family and friends will be getting "Michael" for Christmas this year... :p

Haha, I'm getting myself, my sister and my brother a copy for Christmas too :p Usually we don't even give presents for Christmas but this year I'm feeling particularly generous :flowers:

You could also buy the album and then rip the songs you like :) Remember, the press will equate record sales with popularity, and if this album sells poorly they will claim that MJ is no longer relevant. They've already set the bar really high by expecting Thriller-like sales. Don't give them the ammunition to attack Michael's legacy. And I do understand the perspective of those who believe the Cascio tracks are fake, but boycotting the album will not make any difference. The Cascio songs are going to be on the album, whether they like it or not, and the album will still sell simply because it is called "Michael". But with the contribution of all fans, it will sell even better and remind everyone just how popular Michael is. We should all work together to make "Michael" the best selling album of 2010, or perhaps even the past decade :)

Nope, sorry. I think it's disrespectful to Michael and disrespectful to his fanbase to include three fake, half-assed songs on the album. MJ in my belief would never approve of this.

Nope, sorry. I think it's disrespectful to Michael and disrespectful to his fanbase to include three fake, half-assed songs on the album. MJ in my belief would never approve of this.
Michael wouldn't approve that whole album...
Even if the three tracks were removed.^^

Michael wouldn't approve that whole album...
Even if the three tracks were removed.^^

IMO he would approve of a solid posthumous release - a collection of his best material that he never got to put out. Why wouldn't he?

Those songs aren't fake man, have you listened to Keep Your Head Up? If you don't think that's MJ you need to get your ears checked! BN and Monster have MJ on them, they aren't totally fake like some stubborn fans keep preaching. Overall, it looks like a good album. I guarantee when you see this album in the front shelf of your store you'll buy it!

IMO he would approve of a solid posthumous release - a collection of his best material that he never got to put out. Why wouldn't he?
Because he want's perfection^^
and he can only reach perfection when he himself finishes these songs...
I believe...

Do you think he'd approve TII? (movie)

I'll definately be getting the new album when it comes out. I love Breaking News. In my opinion, Breaking News sounds much better than all the fast songs on Invincible.I am impressed with what I have heard so far.

What does everyone think of the style of songs we've had so far?

Obviously we haven't had a full album since 2001 so its nearly 10 years, his sound and style has definitely changed in that time, just as it did from Off The Wall to Bad & then Dangerous.

I kinda feel like HMH and Keep Your Head Up are of similar styles, new type of MJ laid back grooves :D Obviously we're waiting on some songs but Breaking News & Monster are edgy and the beats are quick & pulsating.

Anyone have any ideas on Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, which version of Another Day?!? :D Behind the mask also.

I know if it was released on cassette I would buy a copy for my car stereo....yes I still have a tape deck. As much as I'd love to install a new radio in my car, I can't afford it.

Back