Michael: The REAL Story Behind The Album

I actually am amazed that fans are turning on fans. It's not fair for some to say you aint a fan if you believe it's the voice of Michael Jackson and vice versa.

Let people have their opinions. I've been looking over these forums for a few weeks now and only recently joined. I must say the whole "FAKE" "NOT FAKE" thing is getting a bit aggressive and out of control. Have a bit of respect for each other. Seriously. :)

took the words from right under my fingertips...

That was the best try at an explanation Teddy has given thus far on the questionable vocals, better then cursing the fans out like he has on twitter! But, at the end it's only his belief as he stated before and I don't agree with it, sorry!

Plus, Quincy Jones never said he thought it was MJ, only that "It could be?!" So I can't stand that the article still mentions him (without naming him of course) as someone prominent in MJs career that agreed that those vocals were MJs! When he never said that! lol

Also, MJ using a PVC pipe wouldn't surprise me! But, to believe that it could be the reason for the difference in the voice, I would have to believe that he did the same for part of BN too? Since it sounds like the same vocals on both questionable tracks! SMH lol

I do think they wanted to release his most recent work first...and from reading this piece, I understand that clearly now.

Forget Sony, the estate put the album together.

What LOGICAL explanation do you have to support your belief that the estate & Cascio are using fake vocals? Keep in mind, as proven earlier this week, they are sitting on several gems like DYKWYCA, Blue Gangsta, Slave to the rhythm...why would they buy fakes...when they have so many great songs in the vault?

Please A LOGICAL explanation.

Last edited:
I actually find it very nice of the Estate to make this decision and share Michael's latest work with us first. To give us the most recent material, just like the fans had been asking for the whole year - "please, give us recent material". and they did. They are releasing the songs Michael was working on last, so that we could see his vision... I don't mind BG or DYKWYCR not being included in this album, even though they are great songs. We'll get them later on the next album. And now we'll have this album, for which I am very grateful.

I do think they wanted to release his most recent work first...and from reading this piece, I understand that clearly now.

What LOGICAL explanation do you have to support your belief that the estate & Cascio are using fake vocals? Keep in mind, as proven earlier this week, they are sitting on several gems like DYKWYCA, Blue Gangsta, Slave to the rhythm...why would they buy fakes...when they have so many great songs in the vault?

Because this way they can produce new material= more albums= more money. Very simple

The rest of the songs are probably intended for future releases mixed with fake tracks.

They make it sound like they played these tracks we hear to all those people but they must have played some kind of demos. I just wonder what was the intention to produce some tracks (even if Michael had recorded 'guide vocals' of it) that mostly doesn't sound like him in the final form. That makes it just look like Michael sung in the studio very little of them. And then that makes people not care about them because Michael's albums is used to be SOLO albums. With these kind of tracks a better name for the album would have been i.e. 'His latest works', not 'Michael'.

I agree. There is no logical reasoning that would be positive for the estate to use fakes. If they were to be unmasked as frauds it would mean the biggest backlash and 200 million down the drain, not to mention legal consequences. It is just not logic they would fake this, even not for the reason to make money. They would only endanger the credibility of future projects. There is no reason for them to fake this, SO the songs are real MJ, and we should enjoy. PLEASE!

Great article, I am very excited for this album :)

garbage - just pure 100% corporate spin straight out of the Edward Bernays playbook per:

The techniques of spin include:

Selectively presenting facts and quotes that support one's position (cherry picking)
Non-denial denial
Phrasing in a way that assumes unproven truths
Euphemisms to disguise or promote one's agenda
"Burying bad news": announcing one popular thing at the same time as several unpopular things, hoping that the media will focus on the popular one.

Because this way they can produce new material= more albums= more money. Very simple

The rest of the songs are probably intended for future releases mixed with fake tracks.

MJ has hundreds of songs in the vault. He said so himself in his depositions.

Sony's distribution contract is for 10 projects, not just new albums. If we include "Vision" and "Michael"....they only have 7 projects left.

I think it is safe to say, they have enough material to release several NEW albums. So your argument still doesn't convinve me...

OT: Britney Spears lawyers have been threatening to sue the person who released fake voice messages from her....Where are the Jacksons and their lawyers? ***crickets***

I agree. There is no logical reasoning that would be positive for the estate to use fakes. If they were to be unmasked as frauds it would mean the biggest backlash and 200 million down the drain, not to mention legal consequences. It is just not logic they would fake this, even not for the reason to make money. They would only endanger the credibility of future projects. There is no reason for them to fake this, SO the songs are real MJ, and we should enjoy. PLEASE!

And as for unmasking you already saw this ain't happening because there is really no proof for this except seeing video footage of MJ singing them (which of course you will never see for it doesn't exist)

Sony's distribution contract is for 10 projects, not just new albums. If we include "Vision" and "Michael"....they only have 7 projects left.

I think it is safe to say, they have enough material to release several NEW albums. So your argument still doesn't convinve me...

OT: Britney Spears lawyers have been threatening to sue the person who released fake voice messages from her....Where are the Jacksons and their lawyers? ***crickets***

Suit yourself but still my argument is logical despite the fact that you are not convinced by it (taking for granted more than you actually know about)

follow the money

You answer your own question

10 projects (only 7 left after Vision and Michael)

All sorts of poeple have all sorts of 'interest' in getting particular tracks onto a released album & there are more tracks around than there are albums contracted for.

Also, sales might be higher now for this album, than for future albums.
So...various, writers, producers, publishers, attorneys, agents,powerbrokers etc etc are fighting tooth and nail to get their 'horse' to the front of the race. Nothing more than that.

Same thing happens with most albums, only difference here is that this is a 'semi-public' battle.

If you want to understand why things are playing out the way they are ...follow the money

garbage - just pure 100% corporate spin straight out of the Edward Bernays playbook per:

The techniques of spin include:

Selectively presenting facts and quotes that support one's position (cherry picking)
Non-denial denial
Phrasing in a way that assumes unproven truths
Euphemisms to disguise or promote one's agenda
"Burying bad news": announcing one popular thing at the same time as several unpopular things, hoping that the media will focus on the popular one.

follow the money

You answer your own question

10 projects (only 7 left after Vision and Michael)

All sorts of poeple have all sorts of 'interest' in getting particular tracks onto a released album & there are more tracks around than there are albums contracted for.

Also, sales might be higher now for this album, than for future albums.
So...various, writers, producers, publishers, attorneys, agents,powerbrokers etc etc are fighting tooth and nail to get their 'horse' to the front of the race. Nothing more than that.

Same thing happens with most albums, only difference here is that this is a 'semi-public' battle.

If you want to understand why things are playing out the way they are ...follow the money

Thank you for the useful posts

I would like to know WHO is the author of this article.

Okay, thanks for the informations. Me for myself support the Album, looking forward to it, have ordered it. This is not my problem. But to the sentence

Michael's legacy is in great hands, it's time for us
to come together and give our FULL support to Sony and The Estate for all they are doing.
I am not willingly to follow. NO! It is a fact I have to handle with but on my full support Sony has to abstain from.

Very informative and uplifting article. Sets the record straight.

How? They just repeat Sony's position.And of course they fail to mention those producers who have worked with Michael and have doubts about the authenticy (Rodney Jerkins, Quincy Jones).

^ Oh enough already.
yes, really enough spin and smoke and mirrors already!

Some may remember Sony paying Raffles Van Exel some thousands of $ as a consultant to manage the 'This is not It' issues. As soon as the movie was released, sony cut Raffles a rather handsome cheque just in time for his christmas shopping.

At least Raffles spent some of the money on gifts for a childrens' charity, which he hand delivered.

smooth_criminal05, would you humour me and the forum a lttlle please? Could you be so kind as to publicly state on your word of honour that you have no financial interest/compensation whatsoever in the release of 'Michael'

Thanks so much

Suit yourself but still my argument is logical despite the fact that you are not convinced by it (taking for granted more than you actually know about)

actually I'll classify it as not complete theory as you didn't include the full picture - in other words consequences.

so use of fake vocals = more albums = more money

okay but it also equals to

lawsuits = paying back everyone album purchase price (hence no profits) = dooming all the future projects (everything will be seen as fake and won't sell - no future profits) = gaining the reputation of "Michael Jackson Faker" (which won't go away for 50 years - who ever forgot Milli Vanilli)

hmm sorry not logical in my opinion

actually I'll classify it as not complete theory as you didn't include the full picture - in other words consequences.

lawsuits = paying back everyone album purchase price (hence no profits) = dooming all the future projects (everything will be seen as fake and won't sell - no future profits) = gaining the reputation of "Michael Jackson Faker" (which won't go away for 50 years - who ever forgot Milli Vanilli)

yup, no-one forgot milli vanilli but no-one can remember which record company they were on!

Another thread that has turned into a nutshell!
Can't some of you let us read an information without ruining everything?

lawsuits = paying back everyone album costs = dooming all the future projects (everything will be seen as fake and won't sell) = gaining the reputation of "Michael Jackson Faker" (which won't go away for 50 years - who ever forgot Milli Vanilli)

No lawsuits for the following reasons:

1) The Cascios want the songs to pass as MJ and so does the impostor singing, so they will not sue of course

2) Sony and the Estate will profit from this INCLUDING MJ's family, who it seems prefer not to take legal action at this point.

So if everybody benefits from this situation who's to file a lawsuit?

yup, no-one forgot milli vanilli but no-one can remember which record company they were on!

Arista.

And please do not generalize. You not following Milli Vanilli doesn't mean other people do not either. And we all know that if similar thing happens to Michael due to his popularity it will create more awareness and MJ fans - who already have a negative approach to Sony - will NEVER EVER forget it.

No lawsuits for the following reasons:

1) The Cascios want the songs to pass as MJ and so does the impostor singing, so they will not sue of course

2) Sony and the Estate will profit from this INCLUDING MJ's family, who it seems prefer not to take legal action at this point.

So if everybody benefits from this situation who's to file a lawsuit?

YOU. Wait till the album release and then sue them for consumer fraud.

do you know that it was one woman in Utah and one woman in California that sued Milli Vanilli and Arista and that it turned to a class action lawsuit?

All it takes a "fake" product and "one person" to sue.

You're forgetting, a fan can sue if they think the songs' are fake, so SONY and the Estate can have a lawsuit on their hands and those consequences that Ivy mentioned can and would happen. It's not logical for them to have fake songs, therefore they don't.

Arista.

And please do not generalize. You not following Milli Vanilli doesn't mean other people do not either. And we all know that if similar thing happens to Michael due to his popularity it will create more awareness and MJ fans - who already have a negative approach to Sony - will NEVER EVER forget it.

Via license from Hansa

Was just trying to illustrate the point that whilst the damage to Mili was catastrophic, collateral longterm damage to Arista, Hansa and Frank Farian was minimal.

^^ What a big problem I could create to their plans huh?

And how was I to prove I am right? Be serious now

Believe me they already got away with this. It ended the moment they started massive production with the Cascio tracks still there, nothing we can do now IMO except show them we are not fools and boycott

Some may remember Sony paying Raffles Van Exel some thousands of $ as a consultant to manage the 'This is not It' issues. As soon as the movie was released, sony cut Raffles a rather handsome cheque just in time for his christmas shopping.

At least Raffles spent some of the money on gifts for a childrens' charity, which he hand delivered.

smooth_criminal05, would you humour me and the forum a lttlle please? Could you be so kind as to publicly state on your word of honour that you have no financial interest/compensation whatsoever in the release of 'Michael'

Thanks so much

I don't remember that about Raffles. where do you know that from?

Believe me they already got away with this. It ended the moment they started massive production with the Cascio tracks still there

that's very convenient, isn't it? "I can't prove that I am right, but I will still type fake-fake-fake on every forum and in every thread" lol

Exactly. You can't prove that your argument is correct, but SONY and the Estate have proved their argument with their numerous statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Flying

Thanks so much

I don't remember that about Raffles. where do you know that from?

email from raffles

Believe me they already got away with this. It ended the moment they started massive production with the Cascio tracks still there

sorry but that's just a cop out. Single handedly people brought down tobacco companies, biggest corporations. Have you ever seen Erin Brockovich? I don't care how big Sony is. All you need is one determined person and an actual crime of fraud.

Simple: raise enough money (only few thousand dollars) and get an expert to examine the vocals. If it comes back "fake" , file a lawsuit against Sony. Say that you are expecting it to turn into a class action lawsuit. Post on every MJ forum about the lawsuit and ask people to join your lawsuit. Shortly you'll have a class action lawsuit against Sony with millions of people. Share your expert report with other people and ask them to file similar lawsuit in their countries/ states. Then you'll have multiple lawsuits against them. It will be like a domino effect.

there's no such thing as getting away. If there's a will there's a way.

The problems is that no one is putting their money where their mouth is - not the Jacksons not any of the fans.

or perhaps they all know deep down that they are just stirring the pot with no backing proof hence no legal action.

Back