Michael's sweet falsetto, or rough growl singing voice??

I think he knows how to wear it right... so everything he does is perfect... because he knows where to put it...

Love them both!! :love: They both send chills down my spine. He was so versatlie with his voice. (Actually he was versatile in anything he did.) A very unique voice...one of a kind.

oh I don't know. I love every single one of so many versatile vocal levels.

His falsetto is like no other I have ever heard. I just love it all

I think the consensus is that no one can choose...lol....But, I think with Michael, I can't really choose anything over the other...He's amazing in everyway...

I couldn't possibly chose. The falsetto is soft and sweet and the rough growling is sexy. :p Hmm, BOTH! :wub:

That combined with the fact that his scratchy voices sound so much more amazing than anything anybody else has ever done with their voice is honestly the reason I consider him the most talented vocalist of all time.

I totally agree! :agree:

Seriously, I love both of them. I mean, come on, who else can do so many stuff with her/his voice that Michael can? Michael does it in a way that no one can and that's what makes me love him so much. I just melt every time he speaks or sings softly or get excited when he sings with so much energy!!!

I love both of his singing styles! His sweet falsetto and angel-like voice that hits notes so perfectly, you can't resist really. :mello: Same goes for his angry voice! I just love it, it brings out the fierce side of him and makes his message in whatever song more powerful and add a bit of more... UNF! :lol:

it's hoped that his voice cured centophobes. everything about it was and still is so new and a kind of voice never heard before and never again. when first heard, the 'adult' voice was thought of as the kind where some said 'he's a better dancer than singer'. it was underrated, and i really think it's because no one has ever heard a voice like it before. something about new things that scares people. after having heard his voice, i am reminded that everybody else who has a singing voice, sounds like everybody else. there are opera singers, pop singers, jazz singers, rock singers, then...there's Michael Jackson. when he danced, it was easy to take his voice for granted, because it fit so well into the fabric of his music. his voice was made specifically for his music.

i hate saying this, but it struck my ears, at least, as true. i always thought Luther Vandross had one of the greatest male voices ever. but then i heard him try to sing Man in the Mirror..and he couldn't hold a candle to Michael. it's hard to describe Michael's voice. so the best word for me to describe it is..'new'. everybody else's voice sounds...old. it's like the turning of the centuries. there was bc and then there was ad.

well..there was the old style human singing voice..then there was MJ. the new style. problem is..he's the only one with the new style. now we are resuming with the old style that everybody else has. i wasn't really into singers. but then i heard MJ, and i was into HIS singing. now..again, i'm not into singers. but i'll always be into MJ's singing.

there's something about his voice that is able to do things that make a person think..'u shouldn't do that, it might hurt your voice.'. yet...MJ did it, and it was natural for him...and, it set a standard that no one can match. he made it sound RIGHT. nobody else could make a scratchy rightfully raw, growl sound so right. he makes raw sound not raw. nobody else can do that. he really made the unimaginable impossible voice, sound perfect. and, yes..the angel voice..a voice that can't be just called a falsetto, because it sounded like a new version of natural. everybody else's falsetto sounded like a falsetto. like..maybe they shouldn't always be doing it..like it's an escape..but..MJ's voice in that area is so special, that the term 'falsetto' doesn't do it justice. so..i guess angel voice will have to do. it really does sound like angels. at least that's how i guess we are inspired to think angels are supposed to sound..

yes he is the best vocalist of all time.

edit...i said i hated having to make my comment on Luther Vandross.. well...i don't hate making the comment...i mean, MJ's voice is the greatest..i guess i didn't know what other term to use..i guess i respected Vandross' voice..( i still respect it)..i just felt like i was downplaying Vandross...but..after thinking about it...it just makes me realize how impressive MJ's voice is, forever..because for him to be able to have a voice that incites such a comparison to such a masterful voice as Luther's...well...nuff said. i mean, i couldn't imagine ever making a comment that would say that Luther's voice had to ever take a backseat to ANYONE...but..well...i guess that time has come., cus Michael is number 1.

Last edited:
^^ thank you for that amazing post....I realize that when I started this thread, there's no way to choose between only two types of voices...I've always known he was such a faceted vocalist....he had numerous voices, layers and layers of pure heaven to listen to....you're right, he's the greatest vocalist of all time....

Back