Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

Re: Anyone knows about this Istrumental? (Red Eye - 2009 Version/ MJ and Neff-u)

Anyone knows about this Istrumental? (Red Eye - 2009 Version/ MJ and Neff-u)

Sorry for my English (I'm Brazilian)

I found this instrumental on Youtube saying it was a 2009 version of the song "Red Eye", but there is no information if it is fake or true.

If it is fake, someone would know the origin of this snippet?

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ekKIznDHg

I'd say it's truly fake.
Good, i am glad MJ didnt record all these 2000s duet songs...

Does anyone remember this? Usher, T-Pain and Michael Jackson. However, MJ didn't records his vocals on it. They presented this song to him:

and one produced by Pharrell, sung by Usher:

Since T-Pain didn't mention Ryon Lovett in the spoken intro, was Ryon a stand-in for Michael there? I would assume not since Ryon didn't show up anywhere else in the song and the "Michael verses" were left empty. Still weird how he got no credit at the beginning when he's literally the next voice you hear.

If it is fake, someone would know the origin of this snippet?

Unfortunately with a lot of these fake snippets it's almost impossible to track down who made them, since they float freely without credit from YouTube channel to YouTube channel, and the people behind the channel either don't give any information or have no clue themselves where they found the snippet. But I would assume it's fake, since almost nothing from the last 5 years of Michael's life has either been released or leaked for whatever reason.

Re: Unreleased Songs and Leaks in 2021 Thread

From Off The Wall era I would love to hear the Little Susie demo - that song with 1978 MJ vocals...

It's a shame that leaks happen more often than official releases.

It's a shame that leaks happen more often than official releases.

Yeah, the Estate really needs to step up their game. They're lucky TYLA only leaked in low quality and with half its length (the leak's 3:51 versus the full version's 7:00).

Side note: I really want to hear the other Thriller outtakes. We currently have:
-Hot Street
-Got the Hots
-the Starlight demo
-She's Trouble
-Night Line
-Pretty Young Thing
-Carousel

And we don't have:
-Stand Tall
-MJ Medley (though that's probably just an unused idea for Motown 25)
-Rolling the Dice
-Behind the Mask (the original version, not the butchered Michael version)
-Nymphette/Nightfall Lover
-Attitude
-The Toy
-Learned My Lesson/Much Too Soon
-She's Not a Girl

So there's no reason why the estate shouldn't just dig for those songs and do a Thriller 40 (or even 50).

Last edited:

Quoting my list on stuff I would like to see be released that we are 100% sure of their existence, no speculations or rumors:

Here's a list I've compiled of songs, while at work, that are not released, and that we know for sure exist because we actually have heard them in either full) snippet) low quality).

Starlight
There Must Be More To Life Than This
State Of Shock (W Freddie)
Hotstreet/Slapstick
Nite Line
She's Trouble
Don't Matter To Me (not the butchered version we got)
The Girl Is Mine Demo
Deep in The Night
Lovely Way
Groove Of Midnight
Throwin' Your Life Away
Speed Demon Demo
Earth Song Demo (80s demo)
Someone Put Your Hand Out Demo
Ghost of Another Lover
Jane Is A Groupie
7 Digits
Don't Believe It (Not 100% confirmed this is the song we've heard in the snippet from Shana)
Men In Black
Serious Effect
She Got It
If You Don't Love Me
Work That Body
Happy Birthday Lisa
Faces
We Be Ballin'
Family Thing
Elizabeth, I Love You
Seeing Voices
Days in Gloucestershire
People Of The World
Hollywood Tonight Demo
I Am (Was) A Loser
Can't Get Your Weigh Off Of Me
What More Can I Give (Solo)

I am sure I've missed some.

As far as I know, none of the above have been officially released. Now, these are all songs we know exist due to either having them in full or in snippets! I included demos of already released "final" songs that include different lyrics and different music. There are mixes/different cuts of many of the songs above which I have not included.

Now, there are tons of other songs that exist as well from each era, in which the general public (most of us) have not heard before as in:
fully unheard songs, demos, different versions/mixes, etc. Like SPYHA demo, Speed Demon demo, Starlight Demo - demos of already released songs, yet totally different to the released. And re-worked songs as well from an era to new.

We know those songs exist based upon confirmations from people who either worked on the songs, or from a few selected fans/people who have listened to them. And of course, from even Michael himself in various interviews/depositions/books, etc. Tons of titles and demos out there. Tons. Ready to release-tracks, just dug up this-tracks, never made it-tracks, incomplete-tracks, etc.

Lucy is in love with linus.... its something about that title that drives me wild! I know it's something I'll listen to like i do free & im so blue. I adore those & i bet I will that 1 as well

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I'd like to hear "Susie" too -- just to know for sure whether it was an early version of "Little Susie" or "Blood on the Dance Floor". Most people think it's the former but it would be really interesting if "Blood on the Dance Floor" had existed as far back as the 70s. "Rampage" and whatever exists of "Monster" would be cool too.

I'm also curious about what MJ had been working on 2003-2009. "World of Candy" exists in full, yet nothing from it has ever leaked or even been mentioned hardly.

Yeah, the Estate really needs to step up their game. They're lucky TYLA only leaked in low quality and with half its length (the leak's 3:51 versus the full version's 7:00).

Side note: I really want to hear the other Thriller outtakes. We currently have:
-Hot Street
-Got the Hots
-the Starlight demo
-She's Trouble
-Night Line
-Pretty Young Thing
-Carousel

And we don't have:
-Stand Tall
-Rolling the Dice
-Attitude
-The Toy
-She's Not a Girl

So there's no reason why the estate shouldn't just dig for those songs and do a Thriller 40 (or even 50).
Mj medley is probably his motown solo hits or something

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

well... since 2021 didn't bring us leaks (cause its only march) wouldn't it be better to merge this thread with the "unreleased songs" thread?

-Hot Street
-Got the Hots
-the Starlight demo
-She's Trouble
-Night Line
-Pretty Young Thing
-Carousel

And we don't have:
-Stand Tall
-Rolling the Dice
-Attitude
-The Toy
-She's Not a Girl

Just shows how huge the box set for Thriller 50 could be.. Include the Victory Tour also and that would be incredible, I doubt it would happen in the Branca era though.. Maybe after once Michael's children have decided what happens next...

Without a doubt, Buffalo Bill. When the man himself says he knows it's a hit (1983 interview), you listen.

I've been recently diving into the Copyright Office on the internet and I found some very interesting songs recorded from 1976-1978 which I assume they were for Off The Wall:
1. Ode To Sorrow (1977)
2. Susie (1978) (Little Susie Original Version)
3. We Are The Ones (1978)
4. Thank You For Life (1976)
I wanna know if any of you guys know anymore unreleased music from that era because not much is known from those sessions other than what we got like Sunset Driver. You could help do a little research by telling me what you guys know. I'd also like to know when the song Goin' To Rio was brought up before it getting mentioned on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not the most trustable source so I question whether the song really exists or not.

ThereÂ’s basically nothing known about any existing OTW outtakes, but if I were to guess, none of the songs you named would qualify. OTW didnÂ’t enter pre-production until late 1978, so any songs written before then were almost certainly meant for a Jacksons album.

I've been recently diving into the Copyright Office on the internet and I found some very interesting songs recorded from 1976-1978 which I assume they were for Off The Wall:
1. Ode To Sorrow (1977)
I wanna know if any of you guys know anymore unreleased music from that era because not much is known from those sessions other than what we got like Sunset Driver. You could help do a little research by telling me what you guys know. I'd also like to know when the song Goin' To Rio was brought up before it getting mentioned on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not the most trustable source so I question whether the song really exists or not.

Going to Rio is believed to be written around 1977/78. There was a discussion about it some years ago on a fb group. The song is mostly likely either the same track what is known to the fanbase as "in the life of chico" or it's directly evolved from it.

I'd also like to know when the song Goin' To Rio was brought up before it getting mentioned on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not the most trustable source so I question whether the song really exists or not.

Going to Rio does exist. Michael talks about it in this 1993 deposition video at 1:27 mark.

[video=youtube;nmgsmwAs0w8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmgsmwAs0w8[/video]

1. Ode To Sorrow (1977)

The following unreleased songs were written and recorded by Michael Jackson between 1975-1979, and they were meant for inclusion on his ‘Off The Wall’ album:

- ‘What A Lonely Way To Go’

- ‘You Ain’t Gonna Change Nothin'’

- ‘Holiday Inn’

- ‘Going To Rio’ (co-written with American songwriter Carole Bayer Sager)

- ‘Got To Find A Way Somehow’

- ‘In The Life Of Chico’

- ‘Under Your Skin’

There is also the ‘Iowa’ song which comes from that era too, and it is a finished classical composition (as confirmed by his sister Janet Jackson).

The following unreleased songs were written and recorded by Michael Jackson between 1975-1979, and they were meant for inclusion on his ‘Off The Wall’ album:

- ‘What A Lonely Way To Go’

- ‘You Ain’t Gonna Change Nothin'’

- ‘Holiday Inn’

- ‘Going To Rio’ (co-written with American songwriter Carole Bayer Sager)

- ‘Got To Find A Way Somehow’

- ‘In The Life Of Chico’

- ‘Under Your Skin’

There is also the ‘Iowa’ song which comes from that era too, and it is a finished classical composition (as confirmed by his sister Janet Jackson).

Considering Michael didnÂ’t start working on Off The Wall before 1978, I doubt any song he wrote between 75-77 was written with the thought of inclusion on Off The Wall album. Songs written between 75-77 were probably for albums such as The Jacksons, Going Places and Destiny.

If I had to guess I'd sat that the Off The Wall sessions have the least amount of demo's from them. Given that Mike was still writing with his brothers and the time restraints on the album and the Destiny Tour. Anything good enough for release I imagine was released on Destiny, OTW or Triumph (with Sunset Driver being an exception) I really hope I'm wrong though

I have no idea admittedly just speculation on my part

Per usual, this isnÂ’t true.

Not only is there absolutely no evidence that any of the songs you named were “meant for inclusion” on Off the Wall, but some of them were written years before Michael and Quincy even met! Plus, to my understanding, Michael only submitted three songs during the Off the Wall sessions, all of which made the final track list. The Jacksons released three albums between 1975-78; in all likelihood these songs were meant for one of them.

Also, the rumor that Carole Bayer Sager co-wrote “Going to Rio” is just that—a rumor. I’ve yet to find any corroboration.

Off the Wall is one of the most confusing eras of MichaelÂ’s career when it comes to unreleased songs. The less incorrect and/or misleading info we get, the better.

^that's a Gamble/Huff penned song.

Nevertheless, Michael's known for recycling lyrics from previous songs. Perhaps, ETYG was indeed an inspiration for it.

Somewhere in Time (1980)
Tomboy (1985)

Here's a coincidence I've found on these unreleased tracks... Both demos had movies with the same title from each year they were recorded.

Re: List of Michael's Unreleased Material

Family Thins is not an early version of Ghosts...I heard the track last month and it's completely another song composed for the Addams Family movie soundtrack but due to MJ issues with Chandler at the time the project was shelved
I believe my brother just found the vocals for Bombay nights in a huge record/music collection he won at auction… it’s reel to reel and he says it visually looks similar to the copy of the instrumental ,label ,writing, look the same and I believe he said his says 1 of 2 on it while the instrumental says 2of 2…. Process begins of authentication asap.

I believe my brother just found the vocals for Bombay nights in a huge record/music collection he won at auction… it’s reel to reel and he says it visually looks similar to the copy of the instrumental ,label ,writing, look the same and I believe he said his says 1 of 2 on it while the instrumental says 2of 2…. Process begins of authentication asap.
Can you transfer the reels to digital (as well as the rest of his collection) and upload it for us?

Back