MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not available as a single? :(

I'm not gonna buy the album for it either.

Very sad. - But maybe one day they will make it available as "Buy Song" - don't know if they sometimes open up for that options?

One can only hope.

They gotta be kidding - it's an "album only" song? Well, they lost me here too.

I guess they try to make people buy the album for it. I am a Queen fan but not big enough to be interested in this album. Most of the album seems like a compilation of already known and released songs. There are three formerly unreleased songs on it (one the MJ duet), but I'm not gonna buy a full album for them.

Only for MJ I'd be a fool enough to buy a full album for three new songs. LOL.

I think and hope they will release the Song as a Single. Otherwise I will have to download the song in lossless-quality..

What song is it? And is it something we've actually not heard?

I guess they try to make people buy the album for it. I am a Queen fan but not big enough to be interested in this album. Most of the album seems like a compilation of already known and released songs. There are three formerly unreleased songs on it (one the MJ duet), but I'm not gonna buy a full album for them.

Only for MJ I'd be a fool enough to buy a full album for three new songs. LOL.

really disapointed with Love Kills- Let me in your heart again is really growing on me though.

as for the rest of the album, i dont think ill be buying

really disapointed with Love Kills- Let me in your heart again is really growing on me though.

They've beet releasing posthumus stuff since 1991, so I guess they are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I'd have put the three MJ-FM songs on an EP and had released them as such. It could also include more than one version of a song. For example it would include TMBMTLTT in the William Orbit version, the Queen version and also the demos. I think that way they could have got both MJ and Queen fans interested. This way... I don't think many MJ fans will buy a full Queen album (mainly with already released old songs) just for this William Orbit mix of TMBMTLTT.

Well, it seems like not only the MJ Estate is capable of messing up packaging and promotion and releases.

Last edited:
I notice on iTunes that songs are listed as album only on quite a few pre orders. Therefore it is possible this will change on release date. My concern is I read on a Queen forum that someone heard the itunes mix and it was the same as the radio version. In that case I'm afraid I won't be buying it anyway.

Brian once said that we would get a "Made in Heaven II".... thats clearly not the case anymore. Theyve hit the end with regards to Freddie's vocals.

Brian once said that we would get a "Made in Heaven II".... thats clearly not the case anymore. Theyve hit the end with regards to Freddie's vocals.

There's always two songs left: State Of Shock and Victory. I'm really dissapointed those still didn't get released, though.

Every single iTunes song that isn't out yet is listed as Album Only. Only upon the release of a song (be it with the album or by itself - like Love Kills already) do we find out whether you can buy it individually or not.

Considering one of the previously unreleased songs (Love Kills) is available for purchase right now, it's very likely you'll be able to buy TMBMTLTT by itself upon release.

Every single iTunes song that isn't out yet is listed as Album Only. Only upon the release of a song (be it with the album or by itself - like Love Kills already) do we find out whether you can buy it individually or not.

Considering one of the previously unreleased songs (Love Kills) is available for purchase right now, it's very likely you'll be able to buy TMBMTLTT by itself upon release.

Then there's still hope !! :lol:

Guarantee it was Estate who stopped other song release. So sad.

010_jackson_painting-300x400.jpg

1089978%20-%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

615351%20-%20Dan_Lacey%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

Last edited:

Not sad at all. Those songs were collaborations between MJ and Freddie, not Queen songs. Why would Estate allow Queen to release Michael Jackson's songs on Queen's Greatest Hits album?? There Must Be More To Life Than This is Freddie's song and that's why Queen insisted on releasing it and that's why Estate allowed them to use MJ's vocals. State of Shock is Michael Jackson's song with Freddie's vocals and only real collaboration was Victory which was co-written by MJ and Freddie. They should have worked together on a project, an extended EP with all three songs and all 3 demos. Maybe Queen members and John McClain. Then it would be sad if Estate refused to release them. This way they are just protecting Michael's unreleased material and that is their job to do.

I see you're on a mission. Please educate yourself first though. It was never theirs (Queen's) to begin it, hence the estate never had to stop anything.

Seriously? Queen fans were absolutely appalled (and many MJ fans) at the quality of the product that was played on BBC radio. In the last verse you could barely hear Freddie Mercury singing because Michael's vocals were so much louder. William Orbot has said on twitter that he was working on the song because of a "technical error".

Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

Seriously? Queen fans were absolutely appalled (and many MJ fans) at the quality of the product that was played on BBC radio. In the last verse you could barely hear Freddie Mercury singing because Michael's vocals were so much louder. William Orbot has said on twitter that he was working on the song because of a "technical error".

Not everything has to be a conspiracy.
My only concern about this is that I am not aware of anyone who has heard the "fixed" version of the mix and given the bad publicity it received you would think that Brian and Roger would have got it back on the air ASAP. The only report I have had (from a Queen forum) is that the current version on iTunes was the same as radio. I can't confirm this as I can't access it on iTunes UK.

My only concern about this is that I am not aware of anyone who has heard the "fixed" version of the mix and given the bad publicity it received you would think that Brian and Roger would have got it back on the air ASAP. The only report I have had (from a Queen forum) is that the current version on iTunes was the same as radio. I can't confirm this as I can't access it on iTunes UK.

No previews for There Must Be More To Life Than This yet on UK iTunes from what I can see now, only Love Kills so I'm hoping and remaining confident that the track will be altered. Otherwise, it's a shambles.

Queen Forever (Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNfY9rEAG4

‘Queen Forever’ Collection Brings New Freddie Mercury Tracks to Light

RELEASED NOVEMBER 10TH 2014

Three previously unreleased Queen tracks featuring late singer Freddie Mercury spearhead an exciting new Queen album, Queen Forever, due November 10th 2014 on the Virgin Records label.

The tracks include a long anticipated track from Queen and Michael Jackson, There Must Be More to Life Than This, a previously unfinished Mercury-Queen track Let Me In Your Heart Again originating from the band’s The Works album recording sessions, and a scorching new stripped-down ballad version of Mercury’s first solo hit, his Giorgio Moroder collaboration, Love Kills.

OnirMJ;4048421 said:
Queen Forever (Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNfY9rEAG4

‘Queen Forever’ Collection Brings New Freddie Mercury Tracks to Light

RELEASED NOVEMBER 10TH 2014

Three previously unreleased Queen tracks featuring late singer Freddie Mercury spearhead an exciting new Queen album, Queen Forever, due November 10th 2014 on the Virgin Records label.

The tracks include a long anticipated track from Queen and Michael Jackson, There Must Be More to Life Than This, a previously unfinished Mercury-Queen track Let Me In Your Heart Again originating from the band’s The Works album recording sessions, and a scorching new stripped-down ballad version of Mercury’s first solo hit, his Giorgio Moroder collaboration, Love Kills.

It sounds like Freddie is a bit clearer on the trailer (thank god) but we really dont know until we hear the last part of the song. I hope that its fixed so that Michael doesnt completely drown out Freddie. They should both be heard equally.

Voice-wise it's Freddy's polished recording from his solo version vs Michael raw demo recording.
They should have restored the demo, nothing more. The new music and rearrangement is a mess. At least what was played on BBC. Although that must have been their final mix. So close before release.

Taken from the official Queen Facebook page

***Queen Forever***

'There Must Be More to Life Than This' featuring Queen + Michael Jackson is to be Radio 2's 'Record Of The Week' Next Week

Look out for more plays, especially on the Ken Bruce and Alex Lester shows to hear it every day.

www.bbc.co.uk/radio2

Queen Forever is released on November 10th/11th.
----------------------------

This is good news. Despite the lacklustre reception to the badly produced single on BBC a few weeks ago, I hope that this will all be put to rest with a decent mix and Michael and Freddie get the response that they deserve.

I think it's beautiful. The problem was just loudness of the vocals - and according to William Orbit that was a technical thing.

I agree. Although I would have preferred they keep the overlapping vocals in the first verse, but still its nice that it is a bit dirrenet from Freddie's and the duets demo's/fanmade versions we have had.

Once Freddie's vocals are fixed then I'm sure the end of the song will sound amazing. Their voices blended perfectly on State of Shock and should do so here also.

I agree. Although I would have preferred they keep the overlapping vocals in the first verse, but still its nice that it is a bit dirrenet from Freddie's and the duets demo's/fanmade versions we have had.

Once Freddie's vocals are fixed then I'm sure the end of the song will sound amazing. Their voices blended perfectly on State of Shock and should do so here also.

State Of Shock was mixed by MJ and Freddie. There is no proof that this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lBQPyR5GI

is mixed by them too. It is possible that this is the early version of new Queen's mix (not William Orbit's). Because MJ's vocals are exactly the same as on the solo demo.

State Of Shock was mixed by MJ and Freddie. There is no proof that this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lBQPyR5GI

is mixed by them too. It is possible that this is the early version of new Queen's mix (not William Orbit's). Because MJ's vocals are exactly the same as on the solo demo.

Possibly. Apparently Freddie's vocals are taken from a "Hot Space" sessions demo, I think I read that on Queen Online. Would be great if there was a Q&A with Brian and Roger about this. For a song containing the 2 greatest singers of all time its disappointingly low key- unless this all chanegs next week with Radio 2 promoting it in the UK

Back