MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, but promotion wise I don't think the Estate have anything to do with it... that includes the final deicision behind the Itunes release etc. I'm not gonna point my fingers at them if the single is not out tomorrow, for me it's gonna be Queen-Team "fault", unless the MJ estate would show more interest in this project.

This is great news. It would have been nice if the estate could have at least given a shout out about it or something. Just a little promo on their website.

I think Estate's only involvement was to give the permission. Like you said given no heads up or news from the Estate Online team, I don't think Estate is involved with promotion etc.

This beautiful Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson edit, for the occasion, was created by by
Victor Toivonen :)

10662158_10203328729033642_7556940408105543314_o.jpg

Click for Large https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10662158_10203328729033642_7556940408105543314_o.jpg

Last edited:
OnirMJ;4043885 said:
Product Description
Queen present Forever, an exciting album featuring three brand new Queen tracks, including the long-anticipated track by Queen and Michael Jackson, "There Must Be More To Life Than This". The rest of the package brings together Queen hits, classic tracks, and new takes on well-known songs. The tracks are all linked to represent a definitive collection of Queen’s timeless love songs, and celebrate the extraordinary musical path of one of the world’s greatest rock bands. This special deluxe edition contains 36 tracks over 2 CDs in a deluxe package with a 24-page booklet.

So... Just one of the three and even that is simply a remix of the track that's already known. That is disappointing. I was really hoping to hear Victory.

So... Just one of the three and even that is simply a remix of the track that's already known. That is disappointing. I was really hoping to hear Victory.

I tink Queen mentioned once that they can put TMBMTLTD on their album because it was written by Freddie, but SoS and Victory have a different status legally because they were written or co-written by Michael.

Great news and I'm so glad Estate finally gave them the permission to release this gem. From the last Taylor's interview I had an impression they had some problems with getting it.

It's nice. Expected more mj on it. Very different production on it.

Anyone manage to record it. I missed it :(

The whole stream will be on radio 2 website.

Queen actually critized William orbits mix. LOL. Said mjs vocals were abit low, which I agree with.
They also said they did their own mix which was more minimal but we will not get to hear this.
Mjs vocal sounds very certain to be an alternate take too which is interesting. Queen said after having just one tape to work with they found more tapes/multitracks to work with later.

Have mixed feelings. Don't think country tune has anything to do with the song. But I loved that Queen guitars at the end. Michael's vocal sounded a bit... separated. Anyway, have to re-listen it more carefully

Great new mix, love it a lot! Michael's vocals in the second verse are wonderful and i love when they are singing together.. such a beautiful tone they create!!!

It was alright I suppose but I don't think it's a song I'm gonna play much. It sounds a bit too much country and I'm not really big on country.

I know it's primarily a Queen song, but I remember sitting there wondering where the hell MJ was after a solid minute or so. I also agree with Brian May and Roger Taylor's criticisms of Orbit's work, the vocals are too quiet. I did like the final part where MJ and Freddie sing together as well as the very end!

Even if I'm pretty indifferent to the song itself, I've seen mostly positive feedback from those on Twitter which is nice! Hopefully the song gets a bit of attention. Tbh I'm looking more forward to Victory and State of Shock, the latter of which definitely commands the classic rock-style Queen is famous for.

I've yet to hear Victory (that's right, both MJ/FM's unleaked version AND the Jacksons version) and it's gonna stay that way until I hear the duet. I want it to be COMPLETELY brand new! :p

WOW!!!

It's great!! - Well I had hoped for more MJ vocals, but then again IT IS a QUEEN album and a therefore a QUEEN song. So QUENN fans would propably not want more MJ. (Like MJ fans think there's way too much AKON in HMH)

Its not perfect but its a nice edit.

after listening again to this Duet-Mix I feel like William Orbit thought about a Woman/Man-Duet and Michael just got the girls part...

On the leaked Demo of Michael you can hear his powerful Vocals, on the new Mix you just don't feel the power.

All in all:
The first Mercury-Part fits much better than Michaels-Part to the new WilliamOrbit-mix. :/

Back