MJ BAD portraits in NYC gallery

suzynyc

Proud Member
I hope I'm posting this is the correct part of this forum. I came across these BAD portraits in the window of a gallery located in the downtown NYC neighborhood of Tribeca on my way to a doctor's appointment. I just had to snap some pics and share them here:

IMG_20130605_161644_zpsb2dadf55.jpg

More:

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/supanyc/library/MJ%20BAD%20portraits

Edit: I checked out the gallery website and these portraits were part of a Michael Jackson art showcase held at the gallery opening early last month. This video shows a few more MJ portraits:

http://www.abgallerytribeca.com/news.html

Last edited:
Thanks but this doesn't look like Bad--he didn't wear that hat in Bad--looks like maybe Billie Jean?

Billie Jean was in BAD tour and he did wear the hat. On stage and off - BAd Era

Billie Jean was in BAD tour and he did wear the hat. On stage and off - BAd Era

Thanks, I misunderstood the reference to Bad, thinking it meant the song, not the album or tour.

Great stuff, iconic MJ (but not just BAD era, I would have said). Who cares? They're great, and help to keep his legacy growing in a positive way. Thanks for posting the pics suzynyc.

They kinda do look Bad Era-ish imo, plus they have the word "BAD" written on the upper right corner. Either way, they're very cool but I'm sure they must be a tad expensive though :laugh: thanks for sharing!

It certainly was a nice surprise to see these paintings as I passed by the gallery. MJ's legacy continues in positive ways too.:)

Last edited:
Maybe the word written on the paintings (BAD) refers to MJ himself rather than a specific song, tour, album? That he was BAD--cool, bold, hot!

Suzynyc Great find. I wonder how much one original costs? I hope other fans gets to share your photos on the internet.

jamba;3839505 said:
Maybe the word written on the paintings (BAD) refers to MJ himself rather than a specific song, tour, album? That he was BAD--cool, bold, hot!

Yeah, I was thinking the same after I wrote my comment :laugh: reminds me of when he talked about Bad
"... it’s like a way of saying “you’re cool, you’re alright, you’re tough” I’m not saying I’m criminally bad" :wub:

Back