MJ Estate Sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme Countersues / Tohme's Complaint [Merged]

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Summary @pg 5

How could Jermaine do that? I have a sister and I could never do that. It's one thing to help your brother but it's all about what he could get. The estate is standing up for Michael. I just worry because this guy comes across creepy.

Thats all the jacksons ever did with mj. thats why he stayed away from them.

Bonnie Blue;3601688 said:
Re keeping tohme on, i've no idea, but he was only manager for 15 months or so. I expect it would take time for mj to cotton on fully and have the evidence to get rid of him.

15 months? I thought he was MJ's manager from July 2008 to March 2009= 8 months?
He was hired July and already in September Michael was suspicious of him, ref the tape.
I could be wrong as estate lawsuit says he was hired early 2008.

I found this blog interesting reading
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...njunction-declarations-consignment-agreement/
"Given that Tohme R. Tohme serves as President of MJJ Productions, Inc. (the Plaintiff), I would anticipate that the court will question his actions in this case.
If Mr. Tohme was aware of specific and mandated requirements that Michael Jackson reserve the right to review all consigned property to determine what would be offered for sale and what would be returned as private property, did Tohme not have the responsibility to ensure that such requirements were clearly stipulated in the Consignment Agreement that he reviewed and executed with Julien’s Auctions? If it did not meet his requirements, should he not have amended it to meet his requirements or not have signed it at all?
More, if Tohme Tohme, President of MJJ Productions, “was not authorized by Michael Jackson to grant any company the right to sell Mr. Jackson’s personal property”, how can he later file suit against Julien’s Auctions after having misrepresented his authority with regards to the property and assets?"

Estate can use the above as proof of Tohme's incompetent actions in their case against him.

Last edited:

i just can't wrap my head around Tohmes claim that Michael gave him money to for a house. Michael is heard on tape saying how much he feared Tohme........ i don't believe that by june his fears had gone away. so i'm still wondering why Tohme was at USLA on june 25th..

I just don't believe that he was buying a house for Michael. Estate's lawsuit against Tohme, part Tohme terminated reads:
Executors are informed and believe that Jackson terminated Tohme in March 2009, and formalized this termination
on April 14, 2009 in a formal revocation of Tohme's Powers of Attorney.

If Michael went through all that, it doesn't sound to me that he wanted Tohme to take care of his business in any way.

Another note about Tohme's letter to BLS. It's dated Nov 17 2008.
I don't know whether this is relevant but found this from MJJTimeline
November 17 :
Day 1 of Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa VS Michael Jackson trial in London.
Michael's lawyers ask for him to give evidence by video link from the U.S., citing an unspecified medical condition.

I would have thought Tohme have other things to worry at that day than giving out Michael's art? He never confirmed that he signed that letter?

Last edited:
Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Summary @pg 4

I'm actually glad this suit is finally brought by the Estate. We'll finally know about Tohme Tohme background and past and how the F he became MJ manager.

That's the same thing I was thinking. The FAKE doctor, may have just opened a can of worms that will finally expose him for who he REALLY is.

I mean, seriously, where did he come from?

What the heck is his background?

WHERE DID JERMAINE JACKSON FIND HIM?

Did Jermaine benefit in any way from Thome's association with Michael?

We already know that Thome is NOT a doctor, but I have a feeling that a whole lot of other stuff is going to be exposed about the "good doctor."

He has walked around with this Cloak Of Mystery, well now that cloak is about to be lifted and I, for one, can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks ivy for the summary and Thank You to The Estate Of Michael Jackson for getting to the bottom of the doings of Thome-Thome once and for all.

Thome-Thome "probably" ain't even his real name. LOL!

Bubs;3601783 said:
I found this blog interesting reading
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...njunction-declarations-consignment-agreement/
"Given that Tohme R. Tohme serves as President of MJJ Productions, Inc. (the Plaintiff), I would anticipate that the court will question his actions in this case.
If Mr. Tohme was aware of specific and mandated requirements that Michael Jackson reserve the right to review all consigned property to determine what would be offered for sale and what would be returned as private property, did Tohme not have the responsibility to ensure that such requirements were clearly stipulated in the Consignment Agreement that he reviewed and executed with Julien’s Auctions? If it did not meet his requirements, should he not have amended it to meet his requirements or not have signed it at all?
More, if Tohme Tohme, President of MJJ Productions, “was not authorized by Michael Jackson to grant any company the right to sell Mr. Jackson’s personal property”, how can he later file suit against Julien’s Auctions after having misrepresented his authority with regards to the property and assets?"

I posted the Julien's document before. See it below.

ivy;3601604 said:
this is the document that Tohme signed

421775_10150624418301797_309640306796_8821709_882387613_n.jpg

He gave Julien's anything and everything from Neverland.

As you can see Tohme authorizes Julien to sell anything they can remove from Neverland and there's no written indication that they would have the first look and authorize the sale of the items individually. Perhaps Julien's told them they would make them look over the items and select them or perhaps they didn't. Even Julien's said that Tohme signed a paper that didn't have that as a condition. Simply put it's stupid to give everything on a written agreement and then hope that people will keep their verbal promises.

Jermaine needs to get his ass sued along with Tohme. That'd be a nice warning to the rest of them who have been leeching off Michael and his memory.

ivy;3601821 said:
IAs you can see Tohme authorizes Julien to sell anything they can remove from Neverland and there's no written indication that they would have the first look and authorize the sale of the items individually. Perhaps Julien's told them they would make them look over the items and select them or perhaps they didn't. Even Julien's said that Tohme signed a paper that didn't have that as a condition. Simply put it's stupid to give everything on a written agreement and then hope that people will keep their verbal promises.

I didn't know your document was from that link, I was curious to read the rest of it so I did
Google search:)

This would be something that estate can partly use in their case against him. It does shows his carelessness and
incompetence while dealing with MJ's business.
This blogger wrote:

I think estate have a good case against him.

Big Apple 2, I too am curious to know where did Jermaine find him, how did he came across someone like Tohme?
I found this bit of info from Radaronline
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ael-jackson-business-manager-filed-bankruptcy
He was an associate with lot of sheiks. Jermaine seemingly has connections with them too.
I think we have to wait until end of March to hear more. This is in the list of future hearings:
03/28/2012 at 08:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
WRONGFULLY TAKEN PROPERTY (PC 859)

Ivy, can you organise Q&A with Branca, I have lots of question that I want ask, like what
have they got on Tohme for starters:D

Last edited:

^I'd LOVE a Q&A with John Branca. So many questions, with no answers.

Ivy, can you organise Q&A with Branca, I have lots of question that I want ask, like what
I would love one too ! but I doubt he would answer questions about this particular lawsuit....

There is much that can only be deduced/speculated about, by reading between the lines. Of all of this, maybe the most alarming (and certainly to the Estate) is that Tohme has never given them ANY accounting of what he did with Michael's money! The fact that he has not done so, at the very least, would seem to be gross negligence as Michael's manager!

To recap some of what we know (and to read between the lines?)

Jermaine introduced Michael to Tohme. One can speculate that the reasons for this were always financial, i.e. some sort of kick-back for "delivering" Michael to Tohme, for financial gain for Tohme, Colony Capital, and also for Jerm.

Tohme infiltrated every area of Michael's life, from personal, to business. By his own words, he "built a fence around Michael." That is confirmed by Michael's words to June Gatlin saying that he was keeping him from "everyone he loved." He somehow gained POA. Two of them.

When Michael signed on to do the concerts, he was in a wheelchair. Tohme has gone on the record about this, and suggested that Michael was somehow "faking" illness, or in that case, most likely, back-pain. The question remains, WHY would Tohme and Randy Phillips even think Michael was capable of doing fifty shows. Or ten? Surely that was a tremendous risk for them. (was it?)

Tohme has no experience in the entertainment industry, and certainly his background doesn't warrant him being "president of MJJProductions," and having access to ALL of Michael's money! So how did he manage to dupe Michael? The "why" is obvious. To relieve him of vast quantities of MONEY.

Tohme has almost no internet presence, at all. He intentionally flies under the radar. He has LIED, very obviously. That he was a doctor (no license, to practice, anywhere, has ever been discovered). And, that he was "Ambassador-at-Large" for Senegal. The Senegalese government has never heard of him. So I'm thinking, were these lies intended primarily for Michael to believe? He was a "doctor?" Was he "enabling" Michael with "medications," and then getting him to sign away things he never would have done if entirely lucid? I think that is VERY likely. That auction went on and on, and THEN Michael finally "surfaced," and put an end to it. He said he was "being robbed." "Ambassador?" So Michael would think he was somehow important, and legitimate?

There is the five mil. "Keeping it for a house" simply makes no sense. There are BANKS. More likely is, Michael kept a lot of cash in his HOUSE, and I think that Tohme TOOK it, and Michael had no idea. So, WHEN did he take it? Surely he had a key to the house, still, and unfortunately it was not locked down soon enough, and pretty much anyone had access right after Michael died. It's possible that Tohme robbed Michael AFTER he died? We really don't know, do we? He came clean about the money (at least that he had it) only after the Estate was doing an audit.

There were the photos in London, and (sorry. . .) the "death-grip" Tohme had on Michael's arm. He was HURTING him. That was obvious, at least to some.

The document Ivy posted shows that Tohme "misrepresented himself" to Michael. He didn't "find" Colony Capital! He was (is?) a PARTNER. So he gained from the refinance, AND from an unnecessary "finder's fee." And THAT is fraud. Isn't it?

Enter Jermaine. Michael's body was scarcely cold when Jerm was all over media, lobbying HARD for Michael to be buried at Neverland. Why? One can speculate that his "agreement" (whatever that was) with Tohme was still in place, and he was PAID to lobby for N/L as a final resting place, i.e. like Graceland. That potentially would have made a lot of money for Colony Capital, and Barrack and Tohme. Fans know, of course, that Michael never went back to Neverland, and had no desire to ever live there again. As a final resting place, pretty sure that would have been a horror for Michael. And Jerm surely knew that. So what Jerm's connection to Tohme was, there surely WAS one, and I'd expect, one could speculate that money changed hands. SHAME on Jerm! I think his hands are incredibly dirty, and he knows much more than he's ever said.

And then? Tohme simply would not GO AWAY, to the extent of making a public statement that he was "still in charge," weeks after he was fired. There he was, again, at the hospital press-conference. And again, the connection to Jermaine was obvious.

And, of course, the art collection. I think that Tohme "gave" it away, with the expectation of a percentage of all sales generated from the art. Which makes Strong a co-conspirator, if this goes a criminal route? Potentiallly? The POAs were so complete, that Michael likely had no idea his art had been "given" away.

And there is much, much more. I hope the Estate goes after him with all possible force under the law. I also think that this crosses the line into criminality. I've wondered why Tohme hasn't been ARRESTED, before this? I can see many instances where, potentially, he could be charged with fraud, and conspiracy to commit fraud. In that, it's possible that Barrack could be implicated, and maybe even Jermaine?

I hope this plays out with all possible strength. It's long overdue.

Thome-Thome "probably" thought that by giving the Estate the 5 Million Dollars he "claimed" he was holding for Michael's dream house, they would find him an honorable man and be willing to work with him and give him what he wanted.

LOL! Not so fast FAKE "doctor" Thome.

It would appear that the Estate did a complete investigation into the actions of Thome and are now prepared to get back everything that belongs to The Estate Of Michael Jackson.

Thome-Thome better be prepared, looks like he is about to be hit upside the head by The Estate. I look forward to the "Lifting Of The Mystery Cloak" worn by Thome-Thome.

^Jermaine also got all high and mighty and defended BLS when people were speculating the art was stolen; not really gifted. Why the heck would Jermaine get involved in that? He probably got a cut from that deal as well...smh. Jermaine disgusts me.

Enter Jermaine. Michael's body was scarcely cold when Jerm was all over media, lobbying HARD for Michael to be buried at Neverland. Why? One can speculate that his "agreement" (whatever that was) with Tohme was still in place, and he was PAID to lobby for N/L as a final resting place, i.e. like Graceland. That potentially would have made a lot of money for Colony Capital, and Barrack and Tohme. Fans know, of course, that Michael never went back to Neverland, and had no desire to ever live there again. As a final resting place, pretty sure that would have been a horror for Michael. And Jerm surely knew that. So what Jerm's connection to Tohme was, there surely WAS one, and I'd expect, one could speculate that money changed hands. SHAME on Jerm! I think his hands are incredibly dirty, and he knows much more than he's ever said.

I always found Jermaine's insistence that Michael be return to Neverland as a final resting place as just straight up weird.

I mean, Michael had said on many occasions that "Neverland was now a house, no longer a home." That was public knowledge, no secret there.

I saw Jermaine Jackson on The Today Show with Matt Lauer and he was pushing HARD, really, really hard for Neverland to be like Graceland. Now I see why, the dots are beginning to be connected.

So busy pointing the finger at AEG. LOL! When the finger SHOULD be pointed at him.

^Jermaine also got all high and mighty and defended BLS when people were speculating the art was stolen; not really gifted. Why the heck would Jermaine get involved in that? He probably got a cut from that deal as well...smh. Jermaine disgusts me.

I think this all reads like a Greek tragedy, where family turns on family. Sure, it's possible that he got a cut on that deal. Michael cut OFF his family from his life, and only saw them at certain structured and semi-public events. Other than that, they had little access to him. There was a REASON. And of course, they were entirely cut out of the will. For a REASON. Michael was a gentleman, and didn't speak badly of his family in public. His private actions (or inactions) spoke volumes. I find Jerm to be a horror-show, actually, and I believe that he understood Tohme's intentions, and hoped to get a cut from ROBBERY of his own brother. That "we are a family unit" B.S. is entirely self-serving, IMHO. I think his hands are as dirty as anyone's.

See Jermaine covering up for 2 conmen? Any guesses who the 3rd one is? Read each JPEG from bottom to top. Order is messed up, sorry.

Gotta love the way Jermaine goes, "remember he was the one....?" about Tohme, like he's some random person who he never had any association with. LOL, love their stupidity, but don't appreciate my/our intelligence being undermined.

35d3z91.jpg

2ik2x6x.jpg

1yn6nc.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, "some" folks are ALWAYS so vocal when it regards AGENDAS that involve themselves.

Let's see how long it takes Jermaine to tweet his thanks to The Estate Of Michael Jackson for filing a lawsuit against the FAKE doctor who was ripping his brother off. Or will he remain quiet because he has already shared in the fruits of Thome's deceit? Time will tell. I won't be taking any bets. LOL!

I can see why the Estate of Michael Jackson is wanting to know exactly who Thome Thome is and what was his affiliation with Colony Capital is. It appears that Thome was a partner in an advertising agency when he met Jermaine Jackson in 2007.

When Michael first met Randy Phillips of AEG Live, Raymone Bain was Michael's Business Manager. She was dismissed in December of 2007. In January of 2008 was when Thome became Michael's Business Manager because of Jermaine Jackson. You think that's why Raymone Bain was dismissed because Jermaine talked Michael into this because hiding in the shadows is Thome Thome? And the whole scheme was to turn "Neverland" into a Las Vegas resort of sorts. After all, Tom Barrack who owns Colony Capital usualy buys commercial real estate, not private residences.

^I'd LOVE a Q&A with John Branca. So many questions, with no answers.

I would love one too ! but I doubt he would answer questions about this particular lawsuit....

We all would love a Q&A with him but I'm 100% sure he wouldn't comment on any ongoing legal matter.

He was a "doctor?" Was he "enabling" Michael with "medications," and then getting him to sign away things he never would have done if entirely lucid?

LOL! Not so fast FAKE "doctor" Thome.

In all fairness you don't have to be a medical doctor to be called a doctor and not every doctor can give out medicine. IF he has a PhD/ doctorate, he'll be a doctor that can't hand out medicine.

WHERE DID JERMAINE JACKSON FIND HIM?

Did Jermaine benefit in any way from Thome's association with Michael?

I'm not sure that it was a case of jermaine finding him, i don't tend to believe jermaine's portrayal in his book that ivy posted that he was some type of saviour. I suspect it was a case of tohme finding jermaine and using him as a way to mj. The media was full of stories of the financial predicament of mj and the vultures would be circling - not only his atv catalogue, but neverland as well. Jermaine was willing to act as the conduit for tohme and i'm not sure if we really need to ask if there was any benefit to jermaine. Jermaine really has some 'splaining to do, cutting out the big bro bullsh*t.

Had no idea about all those jermaine tweets re the artwork, he does seem quite keen to explain it all which sorry to say, is suspicious. The jackson family day when the hospital was presented with the artwork always struck me as odd, as there seemed at that time to be a cloud hanging over exactly who owned the artwork and the family seemed to be jumping the gun, trying to give good publicity to BrettLS. Again using the children.

In all fairness you don't have to be a medical doctor to be called a doctor and not every doctor can give out medicine. IF he has a PhD/ doctorate, he'll be a doctor that can't hand out medicine.

That's certainly true. However, there were several mentions on media that Tohme characterized himself as a medical doctor, and specifically, an orthopedic surgeon. My point is, maybe that's what Michael thought, and didn't check into it? I could look up the references, but not sure if they exist anymore. . . except maybe on fan-boards? After Michael died, the little that was available on Tohme vanished from the internet, including his role at Colony Capital, that used to be on their website. Including the mention of "Ambassador-at-Large for Senegal." :angry:

Yes, I realize that, BUT in my opinion, Thome-Thome "appears" to be the type of person who would add a TITLE to his name in order to enhance his position. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Case in point, if I recall correctly, Thome-Thome also said that he was some sort of "Ambassador" to Senegal, when in fact the Senegal authorities had never heard of the guy.

Also, again, if I recall correctly Thome-Thome did say he was a medical doctor, but that he was not practicing at the time.

Also, again, if I recall correctly Thome-Thome did say he was a medical doctor, but that he was not practicing at the time.

Yes. He said that. Specifically, he said he was in "orthopedics." (i.e. not a "research" doctor with Ph.D.) No evidence that he WAS a medical doctor was ever found, though.

He certainly seem to have introduced himself as a doc to various place, why else newspapers such as LA Times write:
"Jackson's brother Jermaine enlisted the help of Dr. Tohme Tohme, an orthopedic surgeon-turned-businessman who had previously worked with Colony Capital."
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/may/31/entertainment/et-michael-jackson31

There was something that Branca said about Michael in that article that I somewhat agree with. Whatever reason he hired
them, they definitely weren't good for him or his businesses.

"The paradox is that Michael is one of the brightest and most talented people I've ever known. At the same time, he has made some of the worst choices in advisors in the history of music," said Branca, who represents Santana, Nickelback and Aerosmith, among others. He said he split with the singer because Jackson invited into his inner circle "people who really didn't have his best interests at heart."

I'm glad the Estate finally started this lawsuit. I hope more information comes out, and that they don't settle, or at least not too quickly.

Yes, obviously Michael sometimes trusted the wrong people. I won't judge him, since we know too little about the circumstances. And it happens over and over, to a lot of people. It doesn't allow the "wrong people" to do what they do.

I always thought that he wasn't a real doctor, can't remember where I saw that though, a few places I think.

Hopefully the truth will out during this lawsuit and we will at least get some answers.

It's very troubling to see that those Jermaine introduced to MJ ended up royally screwing MJ. The Prince of Bahrain, now Tohme Tohme.

Why Michael Jackson's Former Manager Is Fighting With the Estate
In dueling lawsuits filed on Friday, both sides paint different pictures about the last years of Jackson's life.
11:55 AM PST 2/21/2012 by Eriq Gardner

The last few years of Michael Jackson's life are the subject of dueling lawsuits filed Friday on the part of both the Michael Jackson estate and the late singer's former manager, Tohme Tohme, against each other. Both sides present different pictures about how the "King of Pop" attempted to get his career back on track. At stake is at least 15 percent of the hundreds of millions of dollars earned since Jackson died on June 25, 2009.

The estate, now run by entertainment lawyer John Branca and music industry veteran John McClain, agree that Tohme played a big role in the last year of Jackson's life. But according to their complaint, Tohme's goals were mostly selfish. "With no oversight or supervision," says the lawsuit, "Tohme quickly set about to and did install a far-reaching and very lucrative financial package for himself obtained as a result of a manifest breach of fiduciary duties."

Tohme, of course, paints a different picture in his own complaint. "At the time Tohme began working with Michael Jackson in 2008, Michael Jackson's personal and financial affairs were in turmoil," his lawsuit reads. "Through Tohme's advice, guidance, and skillful work, Michael Jackson's public image was greatly improved, he was returned to the public eye as the 'King of Pop,' and was positioned to sign the agreements with AEG Live for the historic shows at London's 02 Arena which led to the documentary concert film, 'This Is It!' and, ultimately, millions of dollars for the Jackson Estate."

Who exactly is Tohme Tohme?

The Estate presents him as a character who had no experience whatsoever as a personal manager for any artist by the time he began working for Jackson in 2008.

Tohme himself doesn't offer much background either, but traces his work for Jackson back to a dispute that erupted between the singer and Sheikh Abdullah of Bahrain, whose music label had signed Jackson to an exclusive production agreement. The relationship between Jackson and the Prince of Bahrain went south and for several years in the middle part of the last decade, Jackson wasn't able to create anything new as the two were in court with each other. Tohme says that he personally stepped in here, flying to Bahrain to make peace, which he says led to a settlement agreement.

Afterwards, Tohme assumed his role as Jackson's personal manager. Much of his work involved housing, loans and coordinating media appearances. One piece of work -- efforts to save Jackson's beloved Neverland Ranch -- is important to both lawsuits.

Tohme, repped by LA law firm Sheppard Mullin, says that the home was on the verge of foreclosure, and that at Jackson's request, he supervised negotiations of the contracts for the buyout of the loan to prevent foreclosure. Specifically, he talked to many lending institutions before eventually getting Colony Capital to agree to provide $23 million in financing. For the work, Tohme says he was promised a 10 percent loan finder's fee, or $2.3 million.

The estate agrees that Tohme was promised in writing a finder's fee, but also says that Jackson signed the documents without getting a full explanation of what he was doing, without having the benefit of an arm's length negotiation, and without having an independent legal advisor. The estate maintains that Tohme had many conflicts in his various duties, that Colony reaped a tremendous deal, and that Tohme placed his interests above Jackson's.

Similar allegations are made to the "Services Agreement" that Jackson signed with Tohme on July 2, 2008, which formalized the relationship between the singer and his personal manager. For services that included event management, maintaining licensing agreements, coordinating payments, and managing housing and personal business affairs, Tohme was to get "15 percent of all gross compensation" of Jackson's various endeavors.

Again, the estate says the deal happened without independent legal advice, an arm's length negotiation, or an explanation of what the singer was signing. Instead, Jackson signed the deal, according to the estate, because he trusted that Tohme wouldn't lead him to a deal that held provisions that "far exceed normal and customary terms for personal managers, and particularly managers with Tohme's complete lack of experience for any artist, let alone an artist comparable to Jackson."

Tohme might have gotten more for his services, but he says that he did quite a bit for Jackson during his last days. He says he was instrumental in doing the work that led to the AEG "This Is It!" concert series, that he negotiated and completed a contract for Broadway and cartoon adaptations of "Thriller," that he oversaw royalty examinations, that he approved licensing agreements, worked with lawyers to resolve trademark issues, worked on re-releases, played an instrumental role in the implementation of Michael Jackson's website, and much more.

Having completed those services, Tohme feels he's entitled to the 15 percent commission, which includes a cut of the hundreds of millions of dollars that have been earned in the years since the singer died. He's also seeking his finder's fee from the Neverland loan, and wants the estate to submit to an accounting.

Meanwhile, the estate says that Tohme's power grab finally became too much for Jackson before the singer's death. Not only did Tohme enter into a "Services Agreement" with Jackson, he also got his client to hand over power of attorney and also had him sign an indemnity agreement. With those powers, Tohme allegedly executed the transfer of copyright interests in artwork to charities and took possession and control over some of Jackson's property.

In March, 2009, Jackson terminated Tohme, according to the estate. In their lawsuit against Tohme, Branca and McLain seek to "unwind the self-serving and unconscionable agreements," recover property, and gain damages from breaches of fiduciary duty.

Tohme is responding in part by suing the executors of the estate for breaching the indemnity agreement.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/michael-jacksons-manager-tohme-tohme-lawsuit-293109

Tohme Tohme Lawsuit Against MJ Estate Summary

- Tohme states for the year before Michael's death , he served as Michael's manager, advisor, personal representative and spokesperson.
- Tohme claims he positively brought Michael to the public eye as the King of Pop
- Tohme says he assisted Michael managing his and his children's lives.

- According to Tohme Michael was in financial turmoil due to
--- 2005 trial and not being able to work
--- excessive spending habits
--- financial mismanagement

- Tohme says Michael's hiring and firing managers contributed to a confusion about Michael's business affairs and finances.
- According to Tohme before he was hired
---- There was nobody that's reviewing and authorizing MIJAC licensing agreements that could bring in millions of income.
---- There were multiple lawsuits pending
---- A lawsuit in England restricted Michael to engage in creative endeavors.
---- There was a negative public perception due to molestation claims and settlements.

- Tohme says he became Michael's manager mid 2008.
- Tohme says
--- he reorganized Michael's business affairs
--- handle music licensing issues
--- renegotiate loans and debts
--- resolve legal problems
---prevented Neverland foreclosure
--- Michael's image improved and TII deal came up

- Tohme say that he's promised $2.3 million for Neverland and 15% of gross compensation earned by Michael commencing July 2, 2008 and it includes the time period after June 25, 2009 and monies paid to MJ Estate.

Bahrain visit and the agreement with 2 Seas Record
- According to the lawsuit the agreement said Michael cannot enter into new creative endeavors without the consent of 2 Seas Records.
- This lawsuit was ongoing in 2008.
- Tohme says he traveled to Bahrain and a settlement was reached in November 2008.
- This gave Michael freedom for future plans such as AEG TII deal.

- Tohme says after spending time in Bahrain, France and Ireland Michael returned to Las Vegas and later Tohme convinced him he need to move back to Los Angeles for his career.
- Early Fall 2008 Michael moves from LV to LA.
- Tohme says he arranged all aspect of Michael and his kids stay in Hotel Bel Air.
- Tohme says he arranged the leasing of Carolwood residence starting December 2008.

- Tohme says due to his advice and guidance combined with Michael's talent and faith in himself, Michael's happiness, focus and confidence has increased and he seriously proceeded with plans to return to the public eye.
- Tohme says he arranged Michael's media releases, disputed false and malicious stories and arranged positive stories such as MJ 50th Birthday interview on Good Morning America show.

- Mention of the Neverland deal and Michael's personal property and memorabilia. Tohme says without him all of those would be lost.
- Michael signs with AEG for TII concerts.
- Tohme says he suggested the name This is it! spoken in a high spirited tone.
- Tohme says he was involved in creating the 3 minute TV commercial that announced the O2 shows.
- Tohme says after the TII announcement a MJ Mania was created and sales of MJ related items such as music, merchandising has increased.
- Tohme says he was involved in the name and implementation of Michaeljacksonlive.com . Tohme says after Michael's death that website was used to advertise TII and exhibition at O2.
- Tohme says he arranged positive press releases about Michael.
- Tohme says he arranged travel, hotels, security and was searching for housing for Michael in England.

- Tohme says he called Ortega at Michael's suggestion to offer him the position of director at TII concerts.
- Tohme says he also hired a tour manager, hairdresser, stylist, seamstress, musicians and dancers for TII concerts.

- Tohme says that without him and him arranging the TII deal, MJ Estate couldn't have received the enormous sums from movie, licensing, DVD, album sales, mp3. merchandising and promotion.
- Tohme says his significant contributions is acknowledged by listing him at the credits.

- Tohme says he was not only Michael's manager but he was also a trusted friend and confidant.
- Tohme says Michael have him to POA's which gave Tohme complete power over Michael's financial affairs and authorized Tohme to conduct business in Michael's name.

-According to Tohme, Michael
--- appointed him to the board of directors Sony/ ATV
--- appointed him to be co trustee of MJ Publishing Trust (MIJAC) with Katherine
--- authorized Tohme to review and approve all licensing requests from MIJAC.

- Tohme says he received all the royalty payments from Sony on behalf of Michael
- Tohme says he set aside some of the royalty payments to purchase a house for Michael in Las Vegas and only Michael and Tohme knew about this.
- Tohme says after Michael's death he contacted the Estate and returned them the $5.5 million.

- Tohme mentions he filed a creditor's claim and Estate took no action on it.

- In regard to Neverland, Tohme claims he talked with other lending institutions but it didn't lead anywhere.
- Tohme says he then contacted Colony Capital who agreed to give $23 million.
- Tohme says he deserves $2.3 M due to the finder's agreement as well as 10% from any future sale of Neverland.

- July 2008 Michael and Tohme enter into a services agreement. In which Tohme was to provide several services and receive 15% of Michael's compensation.
- Tohme says he provided valuable services such as settlement with 2 Seas Records, AEG TII deal, Broadway musical of Thriller, animated cartoon series based on Thriller, Thriller Live show, BMI royalty issues, MIJAC licensing, trademark lawsuits, oversaw music recorded by Michael after July 2008, Michaeljacksonlive.com website, Michael Jackson video game, 2008 Halloween release of Thriller 25 at Maddame Tussauds with Sony, auditing and refinancing Sony / ATV, negotiated a contract with Sony about Off the wall, King of Pop Cd's with Sony Legacy, liaison to Sony/ ATV about new acquisitions, communicating with Sony in regards to Michael's business matters, resolution of lawsuits, securing memorabilia and oversaw matters about auctions / exhibitions.
- Tohme says he didn't receive any payment for the 15% he's entitled under Services agreement.

- August 2008, Michael and Tohme enters into an indemnity agreement in which Michael agrees to compensate Tohme for reasonable expenses including personal and legal fees in connection to services Tohme provided to Michael.
- Tohme says in this agreement Michael also agreed to not hold Tohme responsible for any damages, losses, claims, liabilities due to Tohme's services.

Claims
1. Breach of Neverland finder's fee agreement: Estate didn't pay Tohme the $2.3 Million he's entitled according to the Finder's fee agreement.
2. Breach of Services agreement: Tohme says he wasn't paid anything and he wasn't provided any accounting to calculate what he was owed.
Tohme asks for 15% of income from July 2, 2008 to June 25, 2009 and 15% of income after June 25, 2009 for matters on which Tohme provided services listed above.
3. Breach of Indemnity agreement: Estate breached that agreement by not providing professional and legal expenses.
4. Accounting: Tohme doesn't have sufficient information to calculate the amounts owed to him and he asks for accounting including all of the above mentioned items and monies received from them.
5. Declaratory relief: Tohme asks the judge to rule that he's entitled to 10% of Neverland deal and 10% from any future sale.
6. Declaratory relief: Tohme asks the judge to rule that he's entitled to receive accounting and 15% of gross income from the services he has provided.
7. Declaratory relief: Tohme asks the judge for a ruling about the reimbursement of legal and professional expenses.

Tohme is also asking for interest and damages as well as attorney fees.

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Tohme's complaint @pg 14

I don't believe Michael appointed him on the board of the directors for the catalogue and such. He hardly knew the guy. Something feels wrong here and I don't know if I am feeling this way because I think he is creepy.

Back